How Often can you ask different questions?

Blandy

Okay, I know the strictures about asking the same questions, or similar questions that will result in certain outcomes, but what I was wondering if it was okay to ask multiple questions during the same moon phase at the same time.
As well, is it okay to ask different questions(without similar outcomes) about the same topic like person, thing, posessions ect.
Thanks Blandy

astro.teacher

Draco in one of his replies to a Horary question over finding Car keys (I believe) pretty much sums up nicely state that Horary questions are only to be used in matters of extreme importance or concern, not superficial vanities. If you find yourself asking all sorts of questions you need to ask yourself, are you using astrology or are you ABUSING Astrology? Horary is one of the most abused forms of Astrology and its no suprise why. But to answer your question, I see no reason why you couldnt ask more than one queston at the same time or even an hour later since you will be using different significators anyway. I would also try to phrase your question in a way that captures everything you want to know. Instead of asking "Will I win the lottery" ask "When will I win the lottery". With that example you can see that with one you only get a yes or no answer but with the second you get the yes or no answer AND a time frame.

tikana

Blandy said:
Okay, I know the strictures about asking the same questions, or similar questions that will result in certain outcomes, but what I was wondering if it was okay to ask multiple questions during the same moon phase at the same time.
As well, is it okay to ask different questions(without similar outcomes) about the same topic like person, thing, posessions ect.
Thanks Blandy

Blandy

you can ask a similar question

when you ask a similar question, you must make sure that you as a quested person maintains a same level of essential dignity. This is what i have noticed. 1st time i asked a question about an event, i had a very high accidental and essential dignity. Then i reasked a similar question. Mind me, both charts were VALID and described the situation However, there was a difference between those 2 charts. Accidental and essential dignities have dropped in the 2nd chart. why - you ask? because when i asked it first time i was really looking for an answer. 2nd time was to calm my nerves and assure that 1st chart wasnt an accident. if your asce in 2nd horary is 28 and up, it means that you need to refer to 1st horary ... you already knwo the answer.

It is not recommended to re-ask a question unless there was siome kind of a change related to the question.

Tik

Draco

Hi Blandy.

Okay, I know the strictures about asking the same questions, or similar questions that will result in certain outcomes, but what I was wondering if it was okay to ask multiple questions during the same moon phase at the same time. As well, is it okay to ask different questions(without similar outcomes) about the same topic like person, thing, possessions ect.

It is perfectly acceptable, and in fact proper, that when other questions arise about a topic that you have cast a horoscope upon, you answer these questions from the same chart, provided of course that these other questions are relevant to the same line of inquiry and have come to mind as a result of pondering the original question.

For example, imagine that a person has stolen something from you, but you have no idea who. So you draw what conclusions that you can from the twelfth cusp of the 'covert enemy' in the horary.

Having done this, you are more equipped to ponder the possibilities as to who stole the item from you, and the next day, your mind latches onto one person in particular, and as we have a suspect, we now find them in the seventh house of the 'overt enemy' and if the symbolism of the significator matches up to your suspect, you've probably caught them.

There is no need in this case to cast a second chart the following day, because on the first day you thought, 'Who has stolen from me?', and on the second day you thought, 'Did John steal from me?', and because as the second question pertains directly to the first, it is not necessary to cast a second chart.

See? Can you think of an example?

Keep it simple.

I wanted to say also, that you shouldn't be feeling the need to be asking loads of horary questions within a Moon's cycle. There are probably only three or four times a year in a person's life that a horary really needs to be asked, if that. Of course, we will all ask questions that are a little less pressing, but don't ask trivia, which if you are wondering how many questions you can squeeze into a month, you definately are doing.

If you ask only those questions that really do need to be asked, you will find it a rare occasion you need to consult a horary in the first place, and your question in the original post wouldn't be necessary. It is not so much a plea for divine assitance, but more a test of God's power, which is perverse, and certainly not conductive to our highest good. Astrology is infused with divinity, the two cannot be separated, and there is no argument against this that cannot be easily dislodged.

This brings me back to my point of questions that need to be asked. It isn't a matter of whether we can answer a trivial question or not, of course we can, but the matter of whether the question should be asked is the priority. This is respect for the divine. We must be in awe of the Powers That Be which operate over us, not treat them like a deck of Tarot cards to be whipped out and bandied about every time you want to abdicate responsibility for your own life, by not having to search, not having to do, not having to work, not having to accept, not having to think etc. etc. because I am sure that the omnipotent force that keeps the system spinning did not intend that for us, and I believe the greater your respect for astrology, the greater your rewards.

I have heard horary rubbished by astrologers (who really, ought to know much better), as 'fortune telling', but this is because they either know little about horary, or they have succumbed to the popular misconception that astrology is to be utilised at the disposal of our whim, and not a holy, living embodiment of the divine that our questions are to be subjected to with reverance. It is we that are the subjects of the stars, not vice-versa.

The ultimate and absolute cause of astrology's decline from it's glory days, is that today, it is completely devoid of spirituality and a recognition of it's utilisation as a consultation with divine agency, and this is more true in horary than any branch.

No matter how much the spirituality of a 'higher energy' of a 'New Age' is optimistically promoted by our Chiron-ethusiastic friends, the anti-spirituality of their line of thought is demonstrated by the fact that they declare that we can discover a rock, pull a random name out of a hat and then expect it's symbolic qualities to follow suit (but what the symbolic qualities of 131-27X and JohnSmith are I have no idea, but perhaps this is why they are convieniently swept under the carpet). Like I said, astrology shapes us, we do not shape astrology. We are the subjects not the objects.

(When I inquired on three different occasions on one of these boards as to what the astrological qualities of all the satellites, space-stations and telescopes are up there, some considerably more sizeable that all these bits of rock which are floating about, and which have a considerably more tangible connection with humanity, some of which actually reflect the Sun's light, none of these posts elicited any responses. Well, I never!).

We need to respect the divine power that astrology demonstrates, and having a good think about what we are asking and why, is part of observing this necessity, if we did so, questions such as this would not need be asked.

Sorry for wittering on, but your question tapped into something I have been thinking a lot about lately.

Last edited:

Blandy

Hi Everyone and thanks for your positive feedback, I was just wondering also, can you ask questions for like a day to day basis, like will a package I'm expecting arrive today....Or something like has my brother thought of me today. I was also wondering for someone else's thoughts, like say if it's your brother do you use a seperate house for thier thoughts or just their natural house, and look at where their sig is at, and what it's aspecting?

astro.teacher

I have to applaud Draco for another wonderful and very true post! It truely captures everything I feel as well.

I was just wondering also, can you ask questions for like a day to day basis, like will a package I'm expecting arrive today....Or something like has my brother thought of me today.

You *can* use it for every question under the stars but I would consider that quite an abuse of art. It all goes back to your ability to exhaust all other resources around you. Have you called the post office to confirm the package will arrive today? Have you called the person or company to know when it was shipped so you can calculate a reasonable arrival time? Why not just ask your brother what he thinks of you? You dont need Astrology for all of that. Astrology isnt for the lazy.

Blandy

Well, in regards to my brother I have exhausted all recources. I have tried over and over to contact him, and I just don't understand how he could have turned his back on me, we have not fought or anything like that. I know that asking trivial matters every day is not right, but I guess it's okay if I ask questions that really do matter or mean something to me.

astro.teacher

The real point is you must have a truly burning desire to know the answer. Have you tried to contact your brother through your parents? Through his friends? Through any romantic partners he has? Astrology wont really tell you why he has cut off the relationship because usually that is quite complicated and personal so your question should really rely on when the relationship will be mended and also by what medium (parents, friends & etc.). Sometimes however mending relationships, especially between siblings is as easy as telling a parent. Instinctively they will bring both parties together or ask the other what is going on and wola you have your answer.

Before asking a Horary question, it may be wise to write down a simple list of the things you have done to gain understanding of your problem and another list of the things that you can do to gain this understanding (everything conceivable in your power. Writing things makes our mind think more than if we process them mentally). Then put Astrology at the very bottom of that list. By the time you reached Astrology you will have either A) Figured out a solution already or B) Be extremely exhausted and anguished that a Horary will definately help and be proper.

Finally, good luck in obtaining your answer, even if its not by means of Astrology!