Is my birthtime accurate? - Please help! For the sake of my peace of mind!

Vinger

I hope this is an appropriate horary question. Feel free to tell me if I'm being a bit too unreasonable or if I'm asking for too much and whatnot. I can be a bit too... obsessed with the details.

Recently, I've gotten doubts as to whether my birthtime is accurate or not. This is because I've gotten in contact with an old professional astrologer, whose father before him was an astrologer as well. He offered to interpret my chart for me for free and wants to be sure that my birthtime is accurate. He says it's unusual for someone to be born exactly at an hour's beginning, if you know what I mean?
According to what has been recorded by the midwives, it says that I was born at 10:00 PM. I asked my parents and I was told that my birthtime is, at most, plus/minus five minutes from 10:00 PM. My birth was trouble-free. No unusual troubles or circumstances. It was a fairly ordinary birth.

From as far I can see... I would be the Moon and Saturn... Saturn is via combusta, being so close to the Sun, while Moon is placed quite nicely in Cancer - I'm guessing that my question is represented by the 1st house as well, but I'm not sure, having no experience with horary...

Attachments

• astro_2gw_31_is_my_birthtime_accurate_hr.43368.45816.jpg
    astro_2gw_31_is_my_birthtime_accurate_hr.43368.45816.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 27

MJ82

I know nothing about reading horary charts, so I can't help you there, but I would think if your parents remember that your birth time is, at most, no more than 5 minutes off of 10pm, and your birth was smooth, then it's probably safe to assume that they are right and that it's not widely inaccurate.

The question is, how much does your chart change give or take those 5 minutes? Of course trying to accurately follow transits will be more difficult if your birth time is not precise. I hope someone else here can help you with this. Have you considered rectification anyway?

I had an emergency (premature) birth in which my mom and I both almost died, so I am quite sure that my birth time is off. I aim to have it rectified eventually. But in my case I've been told it is advisable given the circumstances at the time.

JUPITERASC

I hope this is an appropriate horary question. Feel free to tell me if I'm being a bit too unreasonable or if I'm asking for too much and whatnot. I can be a bit too... obsessed with the details.

Recently, I've gotten doubts as to whether my birthtime is accurate or not. This is because I've gotten in contact with an old professional astrologer, whose father before him was an astrologer as well. He offered to interpret my chart for me for free and wants to be sure that my birthtime is accurate. He says it's unusual for someone to be born exactly at an hour's beginning, if you know what I mean?
According to what has been recorded by the midwives, it says that I was born at 10:00 PM. I asked my parents and I was told that my birthtime is, at most, plus/minus five minutes from 10:00 PM. My birth was trouble-free. No unusual troubles or circumstances. It was a fairly ordinary birth.

From as far I can see... I would be the Moon and Saturn... Saturn is via combusta, being so close to the Sun, while Moon is placed quite nicely in Cancer - I'm guessing that my question is represented by the 1st house as well, but I'm not sure, having no experience with horary...
Hello Vingar :smile:

there are ways to test whether your birth time is accurate known as 'Recitifcation' there's a discussion at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

Neptune Rising

Hi there

Looking at the horary chart, Moon in Cancer is on a fixed star called Procyon, its said to be fortunate. Its also trine the north node, which is conjunct the MC. That is the final aspect which would suggest its a 'yes'.

There is another technique testing the rumour, if its true or not. Its somewhere here on the forum, a discussion about that technique. It may involve the 3rd house. In that case, 3rd house is ruled by Venus, but, Venus is on star Vindemiatrix - which rules, falsity and folly, but also mysticism and occult.

http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html#Cancer

It would be interesting to hear from others perspectives..

Last edited:

Vinger

Thank you so much for the help everyone! I really appreciate it. You guys really eased my mind and made my day.

I'll definitely check out retification. I'm fairly young (born in the early '90s), so I'm not sure I'll know enough exact dates and times for it to be exact, but I'm sure I know a few, so I'll go on a research binge regarding it.

In reality, my chart would change a bit with certain planets (such as the luminaries) being in other houses as well as my ascendant and midheaven changing with around two degrees or so.

And NeptuneRising, I really appreciate your response. Thank you, I was so happy to see it. I wasn't aware of there being a fixed star there.
MJ82, I hope you'll find your precise birthtime someday. I'm glad you survived that almost-fatal birth.
And hi, JupiterAsc. :) Thank you for the link. I'm checking it out as soon as I've given you guys this reply.

JUPITERASC

Thank you so much for the help everyone! I really appreciate it. You guys really eased my mind and made my day.

I'll definitely check out retification. I'm fairly young (born in the early '90s), so I'm not sure I'll know enough exact dates and times for it to be exact, but I'm sure I know a few, so I'll go on a research binge regarding it.

In reality, my chart would change a bit with certain planets (such as the luminaries) being in other houses as well as my ascendant and midheaven changing with around two degrees or so.

And NeptuneRising, I really appreciate your response. Thank you, I was so happy to see it. I wasn't aware of there being a fixed star there.
MJ82, I hope you'll find your precise birthtime someday. I'm glad you survived that almost-fatal birth.
And hi, JupiterAsc. :) Thank you for the link. I'm checking it out as soon as I've given you guys this reply.
Perfect timing for a research binge Vinger!! It just so happens that Transiting Mercury is Stationary Retrograde and going Retrograde as from tomorrow 6 November 2012 for three weeks.

Mercury Retrograde is a great opportunity to research, review, re-read and re-do

Studying Rectification is well worth the time because then you can gain a deeper understanding of the way your natal chart responds to transits
:smile:

Culpeper

Premium Member
In this chart your significators are Saturn and the Moon. The Moon is Void of Course but that is all right in this case since you are asking about something that happened in the past. The Moon is in its domicile, has essential dignity and is in the 7th house.

What you are asking is a fifth house question. The significator depends on the house system that is used. If we use Reg. the houses are very distorted and it gives Mercury as significator of the 5th. Mercury is in detriment and very slow of motion and that is not good. If the whole sign house system is used then Venus is ruler of the 5th house and that planet will be significator of birth time. Venus is in the 10th WSH.

Your main significator is Saturn in the 11th WSH. It lacks essential dignity but is in mutual reception with Venus by triplicity. Saturn is not afflicted by via combusta in this question. Considering all the favorable positions of the significators and the connection by mutual reception I will say that the answer to your question is yes.

Last edited:

fensi88

I would use 3 house (birth sertificate) ruler and that is Ve in its own sign, planet that has most essential dignity in this chart, that means your birthtime is correct.

JUPITERASC

btw Horary is not a reliable method for determining time of birth accuracy that's simply because it's fine if Horary answer the answer is "Yes"

BUT IF Vinger YOUR HORARY ANSWER HAD BEEN "No" THEN one's sole option is to continually re-ask the question - using different times in order to 'guess' aka 'divine' the 'correct' time

If the Querent already has a recorded time of birth written on medical records then that's a valid starting place to check and home in on 'the exact time' using rectification methods.

Vinger, fwiw IMO, the answers given to your Horary question simply confirm what you stated on your original posting i.e.

...According to what has been recorded by the midwives, it says that I was born at 10:00 PM.
Therefore, you already had an answer to your question! Horary should be able to gauge if you aka the Querent already knows the answer! :smile:

In cases where the person has no idea if they were born afternoon, evening or morning then Horary is not appropriate for that question
because for Horary you may only ask this question once. Otherwise its ridiculous and there are Horary rules that forbid the continual repetition of a question. Horary questions are 'repeatable' but weeks, months, even longer must pass between asking each individual similar question

Culpeper

Premium Member
Horary astrology can be used to verify information. A question can be asked about information, rumors that directly effects the querent and is of concern. Questions on matters of idle curiosity will not give reliable answers. Just because we have been told something does not mean it is true. If it is important it can be verified with horary.

The third house is usually used to find the significator, but some some ancient authorities list the 5th house for this purpose. Also the house ruling the subject of the report can be used. In horary only the question exists as far as the chart is concerned and not all the other complications found in natal.

If the answer in this case had been no, the question could not be asked again even if reworded--not ever, and receive a reliable answer. In addition horary cannot be used to rectify charts. The usual rectification methods must be used.

JUPITERASC

Horary astrology can be used to verify information. A question can be asked about information, rumors that directly effects the querent and is of concern. Questions on matters of idle curiosity will not give reliable answers. Just because we have been told something does not mean it is true. If it is important it can be verified with horary.

The third house is usually used to find the significator, but some some ancient authorities list the 5th house for this purpose. Also the house ruling the subject of the report can be used. In horary only the question exists as far as the chart is concerned and not all the other complications found in natal.

If the answer in this case had been no, the question could not be asked again even if reworded--not ever, and receive a reliable answer. In addition horary cannot be used to rectify charts. The usual rectification methods must be used.
Culpeper I have read threads on the Horary forum where the person has been advised to 'wait three weeks' before re-iterating the question so could you clarify which circumstances (if any) allow the Querent to ask the same or a similar Horary question more than once :smile:

tikana

Hi
your birthtime is accurate
Venus rules your 3rd house - house of information
moon is void for a reason, which is nothing further should be done to your chart plus notice that moon is in her own rulership.
it is void but functional void since she is in Cancer one of 3 functioning for the moon signs.
then another give away is Taurus fixed sign rules your 3rd house .. rumor is true. There is no need to run and rerun charts on this issue.
GL

T

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I have read threads on the Horary forum where the person has been advised to 'wait three weeks' before re-iterating the question so could you clarify which circumstances (if any) allow the Querent to ask the same or a similar Horary question more than once :smile:

Once you know how to do a horary, there is a danger, I think we all fall into, and that is re asking our own questions. There is a quick fix around this, and that is to ask the Astrologer. When an Astrologer understands the question (not just hear it... understand it and all implied) they then cast a chart for the question at their location and time. Usually by that time, it is a lost cause:whistling:

dr. farr

Regarding the re-asking of horary questions, it does depend (at least somewhat) upon which tradition or school of practice one follows, however it might be generally stated that:

-you may re-ask the question if you obtained no answer to it; how can this be?
The original chart was not delineated due to a stricture against judgement (such as too early or too late ascendant is an example of such a stricture)

-you may re-ask the question again if substantial time has passed since the original question (and answer) and NOTHING has changed in any way, during that time period, regarding the matter of the question SO LONG AS any period of time specified in that original question has not yet expired.

-you may ask a question SIMILAR to the original one, if circumstances/situation has changed during the period of time since the first question/answer-you can now ask about the current, changed situation/circumstances, even though these might be similar (but not the exact same) to the original question.

Actually these "rules" are the same for any and all forms of divination relative to the possible (legitimate) re-asking of the same or similar question...