List of Erroneous, Illogical and Fictitious Systems in Astrology

JUPITERASC

That was an ancient Roman addition to the Latin calendar-week.
Nothing to do with the Hebrew Sabbath-day.
The exact opposite, really.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29936#post29936

Hi Everyone,
Before i go further i must state that i am a moderate Christian, and obviously not saying that electional astrology happened during the change over from the Julian to the Gregorian Calendars, it could have just as easily happened by the will of the Cosmos, yet both arguments need easy discussion.
Later we can debate the Council of Nicea, that started on Thursday 20th May 325 AD, that set in stone the equinox's, and Easter, but for the moment i want to look in detail when Pope Gregory XIII closed the Julian Calendar.
In the early years of the 14th Century large clock towers appeared in several Italian cities, another advance in timekeeping was the spring powered clock, that was invented between 1500 and 1510, by Peter Henlein of Nuremberg, replacing the heavy drive weights permitting smaller and more portable clocks....These advances in design were precursors to truly accurate time.
This means wealthy individuals carried smaller clocks with them, and by 1582 some clocks also displayed even "seconds".
Now when Sosigenes closed the Great Egyptian Calendar in Thebes/Luxor we know that he would have used Sunset.....but by 1582 there is evidence that wealthy individuals may have thought as we do now....which is the "end of the day happens at midnight".

Pope Gregory changed over from the Julian to the Gregorian between the 4th Oct to 15th Oct. 1582, so the last minute of the Julian Calendar could have been 23:59pm on 4th Oct. 1582...the Sun is near the I.C. obviously, and amazingly Sirius is in paran with the Asc. just like Sunset at Thebes on 31st Dec. 0047 BC....could this be a closing ceremony for the Julian Calendar?
I have put parans on attachment for 23:59pm 4th Oct. 1582, for Rome Italy.
Now by 1582, projected fixed stars were used far more than parans, perhaps an astrologer would like to set up a chart for 1st Jan. 1583, at time 00:00am., which is the first New Year in the Gregorian Calendar, and tell me what star is conjunct the M.C. by projected, orb 00*47', that is continually on the M.C. at the stroke of New Year till 1703, after which it begins to fade only being on the M.C. for two out of four new years....it eventually peters out on 1781 where it is 01*00' degrees off the M.C......i think you will guess which star it is!
I will continue with this later, Monk.

Opal

Premium Member
Opal, is English your first language?

Yes it is.......you called me a troll earlier, in this thread, for my lacking sense of humour. I presumed you were directing that last troll comment at me.......I guess I was wrong......as I have stated in other threads......it is easy to misunderstand a person here........I can't see your eyes........

petosiris

Banned
Yes it is.......you called me a troll earlier, in this thread, for my lacking sense of humour. I presumed you were directing that last troll comment at me.......I guess I was wrong......as I have stated in other threads......it is easy to misunderstand a person here........I can't see your eyes........

If English is your first language, can I also ask why you are using three ellipses after every three words?

petosiris

Banned
Sometimes, it is easier than using proper punctuation, to express the cadence, with which I speak.

In my opinion, it doesn't really help, but distract. I realize that written communication is bad and is nothing like verbal, but all people on forums write without that stuff anyway for a reason - this way is easier to read and understand, which facilitates communication in the end, which is the point after all.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
In my opinion, it doesn't really help, but distract. I realize that written communication is bad and is nothing like verbal, but all people on forums write without that stuff anyway for a reason - this way is easier to read and understand, which facilitates communication in the end, which is the point after all.

When I communicate, on your threads, I will try to remember, to use commas, instead.

Opal

Premium Member
I try to make my voice cadence come across, thinking that they will hear, laughter, sarcasm or other sentiments that are portrayed, by the voice, and by facial expression.

petosiris

Banned
Btw you can use whatever you want as a form of an artistic expression. I have a feeling most people would not like it, but maybe it is just me. :unsure:

Opal

Premium Member
Btw you can use whatever you want as a form of an artistic expression. I have a feeling most people would not like it, but maybe it is just me. :unsure:

It is your thread. I will try to communicate in a way that is easier for you to read. I understand, as I have issues with short forms. Btw I know, but many of them I have to think about much too long to figure out what it is.

moonkat235

It is your thread. I will try to communicate in a way that is easier for you to read. I understand, as I have issues with short forms. Btw I know, but many of them I have to think about much too long to figure out what it is.

Opal, I think your way of writing illustrates the cadence of your speech. I like it! Also, your pic is on point. I have a couple low-grade opal rings myself, so I'm a fan!

Opal

Premium Member
Opal, I think your way of writing illustrates the cadence of your speech. I like it! Also, your pic is on point. I have a couple low-grade opal rings myself, so I'm a fan!

Thank you Moonkat235!

My spouse and I both are Libra Sun, with other Libra entities,Opal makes me smile, right now Ethiopian Opal is fairly inexpensive, it is different and can be quite electric of colours. My avatar is of Australian and I do not own it. I do have some nice pieces though.

Opal

Premium Member

I prefer cadence Jupiter, thanks though! https://wikidiff.com/decadence/decadency

cadence

English

Noun

The act or state of declining or sinking.
* Milton
Now was the sun in western cadence low. Balanced, rhythmic flow.
* Shakespeare
golden cadence of poesy *
The measure or beat of movement.
The general inflection or modulation of the voice, or of any sound.
* Milton
Blustering winds, which all night long / Had roused the sea, now with hoarse cadence lull / Seafaring men o'erwatched. * Sir Walter Scott
The accents were in passion's tenderest cadence . *
(music) A progression of at least two chords]] which conclude a piece of music, section or musical phrases within it. Sometimes referred to [[analogy, analogously as musical punctuation.
(music) A cadenza, or closing embellishment; a pause before the end of a strain, which the performer may fill with a flight of fancy.
(speech) A fall in inflection of a speaker’s voice, such as at the end of a sentence.
(dance) A dance move which ends a phrase.
The cadence in a galliard step refers to the final leap in a cinquepace sequence. (fencing) The rhythm and sequence of a series of actions.
(running) The number of steps per minute.
(cycling) The number of revolutions per minute of the cranks or pedals of a bicycle.
(military) A chant that is sung by military personnel while running or marching; a jody call.
(heraldry) cadency
(horse-riding) Harmony and proportion of movement, as in a well-managed horse.

Synonyms

* (musical conclusion) clausula
Derived terms

(Derived terms) * perfect cadence / authentic cadence / closed cadence / standard cadence * perfect authentic cadence * imperfect authentic cadence * imperfect cadence / half cadence / open cadence * English cadence * Corelli cadence * Landini cadence / under-third cadence * Phrygian cadence / Phrygian half cadence * plagal cadence / amen cadence * interrupted cadence / deceptive cadence / surpise cadence * Andalusian cadence * drum cadence * ring cadence
Related terms

* cadaver
See also

* Tierce de Picardie
Verb

(cadenc) To give a cadence to.
* {{quote-journal, journal=The Century, volume=53, year=1897, title=Why the Confederacy Failed, author=Don Carlos Buell, passage=there was besides, in an already dominating and growing element, a motive that was stronger and more enduring than enthusiasm —an implacable antagonism which acted side by side with the cause of the Union as a perpetual impelling force against the social conditions of the South, controlling the counsels of the government, and cadencing the march of its armies to the chorus:
*:: John Brown's body lies mouldering in the grave,
*:: But his soul is marching on!}}
To give structure to.
----
cadency

English

Noun

(heraldry) Any systematic way of distinguishing similar coats of arms belonging to members of the same family.