937f721864460c445daf9775e82d1e79.jpg

JUPITERASC

This is an exploration of the complex and fascinating origin
of the regularized 12 sign zodiac.
The 12 sign zodiac that we know and love
arose at a time when
the distinctions between tropical and sidereal were blurred :smile:

We see in Early Babylonian Astrology
a preoccupation with mapping the tropical cycle with its seasons, fluctuating length of day
and variation in solar declination to the phases of the fixed stars
and
to the ideal 360-day calendar of 12 equal 30-day months.

In Late Babylonian Astrology, an attempt at synthesizing the 17 constellations
in the path of the Moon with the 12-month 360-day calendar
yielded a new means of measuring longitude
as well as new astrological significations.

Some omens were inherited from the older stellar and calendar omen traditions
while many significations were new
and
motivated by tropical, sidereal, and other considerations.

The process of associating constellations with calendar months,
and eventually arriving at consistent constellation-based names
for the regular signs
shows a movement from 12 regular signs to 12 constellations spanning the ecliptic
rather than the other way around.

We see in the zodiac a fusion of a "lunar" sidereal tradition
of observation relative to the stars
with a "solar" tropical tradition of using the stars as sign posts
for measuring the solar year
with its variations in length of day related to declination.
http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/...2Hvva-0ApqVgvEe9wXy3NUNmzP9lFL0Z34d5BwE_tin60

Opal

Premium Member
Even if the ancient Egyptians didn't build the pyamids, they definitely claimed them. And there is actual evidence they were the builders. Also, had they been built so much earlier, they would have been so deeply buried in sand, no one would have found them, or even known about them. They were actually completely buried by the 19th Century A.D., but the tip of the Great Pyramid wasn't yet too deep underneath the surface. It was an astounding discovery at the time, and was all about Egypt, burial chambers and hieroglyphics. Why discredit the ancient Egyptians using such flimsy, fanciful theories?

Ancient Egyptian is a pretty broad term. What is ancient? Yes, they were buried. Yes, they are known to have water surrounding them. As for flimsy, fanciful theories it could be the erroneous theory of the early excavators and learned people of the time that made them.

I think that the Sphinx was probably constructed in an Age of Leo, I am not convinced that it was built in the last one though. I don't know how many times the ages could have gone around since their original builders made them.

Ancient Egyptian could be over 2,000,000 years ago.:sideways::lol:

Opal

Premium Member
That's how they determined the age of the Sphinx material as being far older than the Egyptian civilization. So, maybe they got that wrong.

Yes, maybe they did. If the sphinx was surrounded by water, when would it have been?

Alberta Canada used to be an ocean bed. Now it is at a high elevation, but the remnants of shells and fossils are still found in the waterbeds and in the soil.

It is also home to Drumheller, and the dinosaur fossils.

Again, I am going to Burgoynes's theory of the shifting of the path of the sun 1 degree every 7200 years. For a full 360 degree shift it would take 2,592,000 years for the path of the sun to be the same as it is today.

Myth, is not necessarily of the narrow bounds that scholars have set it to. As old as the Ages.....could be very, very old.

Last edited:

david starling

The tropical Ages explain the mundane world, whereas the sidereal Ages are spiritually attuned. The Gnostics were correct in maintaining that we're trapped in a materialistic version of "Reality", and the tropical Age of Capricorn is the reason for that. The Aquarian Age is the way out of this confusion--the Age of Knowledge, not limited to the material plane.

Last edited:

david starling

Yes, maybe they did. If the sphinx was surrounded by water, when would it have been?

Alberta Canada used to be an ocean bed. Now it is at a high elevation, but the remnants of shells and fossils are still found in the waterbeds and in the soil.

Again, I am going to Burgoynes's theory of the shifting of the path of the sun 1 degree every 7200 years. For a full 360 degree shift it would take 2,592,000 years for the path of the sun to be the same as it is today.

Myth, is not necessarily of the narrow bounds that scholars have set it to. As old as the Ages.....could be very, very old.

Burgoyne wasn't an astronomer. Turns out, the Earth's inclination is decreasing, not increasing.

Opal

Premium Member
Burgoyne wasn't an astronomer. Turns out, the Earth's inclination is decreasing, not increasing.

If it is, the theory is still the same. It would be my error, in considering that global warming was showing because of a 1 degree shift of the sun northward in the northern hemisphere would cause a warming of the poles. As in keeping with his theory.

We have accurate maps of land masses that have been buried in ice for ages:wink: where did we get them from? Copying copies of copies from where and when?

david starling

Opal, have you read Immanuel Velikovsky's book "Worlds in Collision"? If not, I think you might enjoy it. Caused quite a stir in the 1950's.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I just read a summary, you are correct, I would probably enjoy this. I checked at abebooks.com I will order it. Thank you David!