Chart rectification Methods?

Stonerae90

Hello,

I am here with a request. Could someone help me rectify a chart or so? For one -- I am realizing more and more that my chart may not be accurate. I am born 0 Aries rising, if using the time on my birth certificate...

I also do not have a time for my father's chart and most of my family on that side has passed on, and was hoping to figure out a way to rectify his.

TIA for any help!

mahaira

Re: Chart rectification

It's a question no one likes and I am speaking from experience, because I have asked it a few times.

In order to rectify your chart you need to define some key features in your life: your key character traits, prominent events in your life, your relationship with your parents, the way you relate to people, ideas you have about “how life should be”, interests, anything that might be unusual…

My birth-time in my birth certificate was approximately given by nurses. It happens ALL THE TIME. By the time I became seriously interested in astrology I had no one to ask.

I knew from the stories I heard about my birth that it was a day birth, “around lunch time”, so the nurses got something right and I started there and they were close. But since, what they said placed my Asc at the end of Scorpio, I needed to check the possibility of a Sagittarius Asc.

Since they are close, many features in my natal chart worked for both:

- Sun in the 9th conjuction Saturn (never knew my father who was a foreign journalist and translator, I moved to a foreign country where I have kept experiencing problems with administration and feeling somewhat isolated etc.)

- Pluto was transiting my 12th house when I experienced great losses in my family that changed me forever, culminating in my mother’s death
And there were many more that couldn’t really help me decide.

The next thing to do was to identify the planets that were near the cusp of another house and analyze how they work in each of the houses they could possibly inhabit.

Pluto conjucting north node could either be in my 11th or 10th house. One of the key features I mentioned above, in my case were the setbacks I was experiencing in my career. I was much comfortable (and still am) with creative side, love&romance, nourishing/rearing people (not necessarily kids)… everything that the 5th house stands for because that is where my South node is located.
North node in the 10th is where I should be concentrating my efforts. Funny thing is, I’ve had many Plutonian bosses or people in general who influenced my career, some of them have both helped me and blocked me – the same people! - talking about the plutonian influence.

I have also used Uranus, that was initially in my 12th, but is really in my 11th house…

So there you go.
Nobody can do it for you. You have to either do it by yourself or ideally ask an astrologer for help and work together with them.

Maybe someone here can give you insight if you post your natal chart (maybe with transits when something important/life-changing happened) and tell us about yourself (key features ;) ).

Good luck!

Stonerae90

Thank you for your reply! That makes sense. I have an odd follow up question then: what in a natal chart would show death by suicide? -- I am trying to rectify my grandfather's chart as well, and that is how he died. I know Pluto 8th CAN manifest that way, but not always.

As for me... attached is my natal along with the transits for the day my first child was born!

Some things about me: I have three children. I'm an only child, my parents are divorced. I grew up in an abusive situation in both my mother's house and my father's. I am not career motivated in the least. I am clinically diagnosed with PTSD and OCD. I also have health issues that are currently being observed/tested to see what diagnoses I have. Highschool education is the highest education I have achieved. Death is a central theme in my life. I work from home, online as a tarot reader. I grew up nonreligious, but I am quite spiritual and have had bouts of religousness as well. I am married.

TIA to any further insight given (by anyone) and thank you for your explanation. I will be toying around with my natal and hope something clicks.

JUPITERASC

Hello,
I am here with a request. Could someone help me rectify a chart or so?

For one -- I am realizing more and more that my chart may not be accurate.

I am born 0 Aries rising, if using the time on my birth certificate...
I also do not have a time for my father's chart
and most of my family on that side has passed on,
and was hoping to figure out a way to rectify his.
TIA for any help!
RECTIFICATION DISCUSSION many tips & guidance :smile:

at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

JUPITERASC

Thank you for your reply! That makes sense. I have an odd follow up question then: what in a natal chart would show death by suicide? -- I am trying to rectify my grandfather's chart as well, and that is how he died. I know Pluto 8th CAN manifest that way, but not always.

As for me... attached is my natal along with the transits for the day my first child was born!

Some things about me: I have three children. I'm an only child, my parents are divorced. I grew up in an abusive situation in both my mother's house and my father's. I am not career motivated in the least. I am clinically diagnosed with PTSD and OCD. I also have health issues that are currently being observed/tested to see what diagnoses I have. Highschool education is the highest education I have achieved. Death is a central theme in my life. I work from home, online as a tarot reader. I grew up nonreligious, but I am quite spiritual and have had bouts of religousness as well. I am married.

TIA to any further insight given (by anyone) and thank you for your explanation. I will be toying around with my natal and hope something clicks.

ANIMODAR RECTIFICATION :smile:

1. Examine the preceding syzygy, whether it was a new moon or a full moon.

2. If the preceding syzygy was a new moon, observe its degree at the time of the nativity.

3. If the preceding syzygy was a full moon by night, we observe the degree of the syzygy. By day, we observe the degree opposite the syzygy, which is the degree of the luminary above the horizon (in that case the Sun).

4. Observe the degree at the approximate time of the nativity, and give a point to any of the following planets with rulership over the degree at the time of birth (see http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/3A*.html#note9)

OJUpA8e.png

5. Give a point to any planet in the same sign as the degree or in sign with some aspect (sextile, square, trine or opposition) to it.

6. If one star is familiar with the degree in all or most of these ways, whatever degree of its sign it is passing at the time of birth, the same numerical degree is rising (Asc) or culminating (Mc) at the time of birth.

7. If two or more stars are predominators, observe the one that is closer to the approximate time. If it so happens that we do not have the nearest hour of birth, we can establish it through combination of accidental qualities.
The foregoing rectification is for time with approximate hour.

JUPITERASC

sourced from the following thread link:smile:
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1017195#post1017195

11-30-2019, 06:00 AM
petosiris
user_online.gif

Re: Animodar
I have found a method that is more physical than this and does not involve the preceding syzygy or numerology.

Quote:
36. Nativities
When the moment of nativity is known, it can be examined instead of the moment of conception, the hours must be determined with knowledge of accidental qualities, and with one of the planets in perfect configuration with the Hour-Marker or the Midheaven at every conception and nativity
So, let the Ascendant or the Midheaven be in perfect conjunction, sextile, square, trine or opposition with one of the seven planets regardless of other factors.

We might theorize why this is so - conceptions and births of humans are powerful moments in nature that require the strongest influence of a planet on angles.
UPDATE :smile:
Yes, nowadays I ignore the syzygy and focus on the planet which makes the closest exact aspect to the Asc (and Dsc) or the Mc (and Ic). A major technical difference between this and the Ptolemaic Animodar is that mine requires a planet to be at the angle or in aspect, while Ptolemy seems to allow it to be disjunct, only requiring the numeric degree it has passed within its sign to be the same (it is like an exact semi-sextile or inconjunct modern ''aspect''). This does not seem physical to me, but rather numerological and uncharacteristic of Ptolemy's intentions of astrology.

So I recommend that one follows a more limited approach with regard to aspects, but more broad approach with regard to rulers. Often, the two methods (the Ptolemaic Animodar and the Petosiris Animodar) will give the same results, since they are based on similar physical reasoning.

I recommend one step - a planet in conjunction, sextile, square, trine or opposition with an angle. Take for example the chart of Ptolemy's second biggest fan (after me) - Girolamo Cardano - https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Cardano,_Girolamo

There is no planet in aspect with an angle at 18:29 when the Ascendant is at 6° 22' Taurus. But noticing that Jupiter is nearby, we can put him exactly at the Ascendant giving us 18:20 time, or a 9 minute rectification. Jupiter rising rather than declining may better explain his life and fame.

mahaira

You're welcome :)

I can't see any attachments in your message. Could you resend your natal chart with transits when your child was born? Or post the data.

Suicide in a natal is hard to pinpoint, because there are so many reasons WHY someone would take his own life. Suicide represents different things to different people. Some people kill themselves because they are depressed, some use it as an exit from a desperate situation or a terminal illness. Not to mention that there are many ways to go.

Pluto in the 8th can manifest itself like that, but there are many Plutonian influences that can manifest themselves like that. Take a look at the natal chart of the late (and wonderful) Robin Williams. Scorpio Asc, there is Mars conjuct Uranus in his 8th house in Gemini, and Mercury conjucts Pluto and MC.
His Neptune could be in the 12th house (if the birth-time was wrong by a couple of minutes) and that placement could explain his depression, substance abuse and more importantly aggressive Lewy body dementia that seriously aggravated his mental and emotional state pushing him towards taking his own life. So, he was depressed but he had a physical reason - a progressive illness. Brilliant as he was, he was conscious that something was not right with his brain.

Both Sylvia Plath and Virginia Wolf committed suicide, former by carbon monoxide poisoning and the latter by drowning. They both suffered from serious depression. Plath had Sun in the 8th house and Saturn in the 12th and Woolf had a huge stelium including Saturn, Pluto and Neptune in the 12th.

Freud on the other hand decided to die because of intolerable pain related to an incurable maxillary cancer (he smoked like a chimney). It was a, so to speak, rational suicide. He asked his friend, a doctor to help him. His 8th house is in Gemini with a Saturn and Moon in it. And his Asc was Scorpio.

These are just a few examples.