11th house...house of friendship??

astropsychologist

Excellent thanks for that handy tip!

And thanks for the earlier posting, I think I'm beginning to see that the friends I seem to be losing are not close friends but one's that have lingered too long in my life more out of habit than actual friendship, so maybe the loss isn't so bad. I guess it's always harder to end friendships than romantic relationships, at least with a relationship you can say its over, but you can't really "break up" with a friend in the same way, it usually has to be a more gradual process....funny that!

Interesting how a few people have mentioned that with Jupiter in the 11th they have few friends, I would have assumed the opposite, but maybe Entrevisions is right when saying that a need for freedom prevents it.

Sunny

"The greatest good fortune and great fame - consular or proconsular power - result from Jupiter in the eleventh house, if the Sun and Venus are in favourable aspect and if the Moon (moving away from the east, while Jupiter is in the north) is in aspect, that is, if she is on such a course as was described in connection with the fifth house.
In a nocturnal chart all this is diminished and loses effect. If Mars is in unfavourable house aspect in the eight house, all honour or position which was gained will be changed in a wretched reversal of fortune."
by Firmicus Maternus, Liber Tertius, 3; ed. by David McCann, Ascella Mansfield, Notts (UK)

So, I didn't return to your chart for reading it, but I hope the first case is yours!:happy:
In all mannor we have to adjust these interpretations of Ancient Astrologers and become it easily if we exercise good training.

And what can this say in the matter of few friends? Perhaps, that there is no special sense in your life to look on friendship with such an importance. Let it go - you'll have perhaps other things more useful to do and never forget your own future!
In this way - good luck!!:happy:

Sunny

astropsychologist

Thank you for that Sunny!

I don't have :jupiter: in the 11th myself, I was just noticing that a lot of the others who said they had few friends seemed to have :jupiter: in the 11th, just thought it was interesting. It would be interesting to see what those with this placement in their charts will make of that quote you just posted!

gimzo23

Yeah, that's interesting with Jupiter. The 11th house is one of the things in my chart I have not been able to identify with at all. I have Jupiter conjunct Venus in Gemini in the 11th with the Moon trining both and with Mars near the cusp of the 11th. I have never looked to have many friends or liked to be in any kind of bigger groups. Participating in this forum is probably the most 11th house thing I would want to have. I'm usually quite liked in groups and people seem to want to make friends or keep in contact with me, but I don't know, it's hardly ever been my thing and I used to just break or stop contacts with most. My preference for seclusion and having occasional contact to just a select one or two people seems to be too strong for any 11th house activities. Like a poster above, I have also noticed to have gotten a helping hand out of nowhere sometimes, though. So I guess along with usually being liked in groups, there's at least some of my 11th house active sometimes with this.

gimzo say the most of it, but what about hope ? Hope is a beautiful things, to get the things done,to live, to fulfil our dream. I know it's a digression but i can't help myself to sound this mysterious 11th house !

i have mercury trine jupiter and i have a great sense of saying the right thing at the right moment that can collide all the people around my ideas.

Last edited:

Styx

I have both Jupiter and Mars in the 11th house in Gemini and I can say that I've never been lucky in friendships. People seem to like me and want to get close, but I always seem to push them away. This is because I always seem to end up with friends who I don't have a lot in common with. They bore and annoy me so easily, so I just can't waste my time on them. I just don't have patience like that. I don't like this about myself.

My jupiter is badly aspected and it's in Gemini. Mars is ok aspected with a couple of sextiles. I think it's Mars that's the reason of all the tension.

Here's my chart :
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3;btyp=w2gw;cid=np2filecK7RCQ-u1234705390&nhor=2

I have both Jupiter and Mars in the 11th house in Gemini and I can say that I've never been lucky in friendships. People seem to like me and want to get close, but I always seem to push them away. This is because I always seem to end up with friends who I don't have a lot in common with. They bore and annoy me so easily, so I just can't waste my time on them. I just don't have patience like that. I don't like this about myself.

My jupiter is badly aspected and it's in Gemini. Mars is ok aspected with a couple of sextiles. I think it's Mars that's the reason of all the tension.

Here's my chart :
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3;btyp=w2gw;cid=np2filecK7RCQ-u1234705390&nhor=2

my jupiter is well aspected and i act&react exactly like you said above...I have spend so much time to reach some erudition that i am really depressed now to not find anyone who can share some serious thoughts even great professor, reknown author annoy me ! So i isolate myself and try to pursue studies, i am sure i could find one day the same unhumankind type of man or woman who i could strike up a friendship with.

Styx you have a great chart !

Last edited:

starlink

Can I ask how u are able to type the astro glyphs?
progress.gif

Yes, Shining Ray's method is one, and the other one is when you anser via "post reply". You get all those smilies at the right and underneath it says [more] in very light blue. Click on that and a window opens with more smilies. Scrolling even further down you get all the glyphs of the planets and signs. :)

EJ53

Banned
Shiny said:
my view is that groups/organizations represent like (5th) minded (11th) people getting together who share a common (11th) identity (5th)

"Like-minded" people seems an excellent description of friends in a house ruled by Uranus............and perhaps "like-hearted" decribes those found in the Sun ruled 5th.

I tend to think of the first three house axes (1/7 : 2/8 : 3/9) as being about living and learning as individuals........I am/I have/I communicate, being a person developing simply through living/existing........You are/You have/You communicate, being development through contact with other individuals.....And what we learn from living and learning is what we become at the 4/10 axis, where the mature/grounded 4th house individual is able to start building something solid in the outside world/10th house.

Thus, the second three house axes are about creating and contributing......5/11 = I create things and contribute my creations to the group/society.....6/12 = I create my perfect self and contribute selfless service to the group/society..........(And the cycle then begins again at 1/7, with "my Soul is/your Soul is").

So, in the 5th house, my "children" are all those things which I create......and the friends therein are those who actively encourage me to do so.....Whilst, in the 11th house, my friends are those who help me to contribute my creation effectively to the group/society..........Suggesting that 5th house friends may be found in 11th house activities, but perhaps not vice-versa.

EJ:unsure:

starlink

Gimzo, you said:

I have never looked to have many friends or liked to be in any kind of bigger groups. Participating in this forum is probably the most 11th house thing I would want to have. I'm usually quite liked in groups and people seem to want to make friends or keep in contact with me,
I feel the same about being in a group. With friends I am maybe better than you to keep the contacts which truly interest me but do not pursue the one's that are obviously "not for me".
My 11th is ruled by Virgo (yes I am quite critical in choosing what sort of friends I want to have) and Mercury in Taurus (I am loyal) in 6 (also do a lot for friends I like) is square Saturn, showing that I prefer few good friends and that it is not easy for me to find a good friend I feel safe (Saturn) and comfortable (Taurus) with.
I have Neptune in the 11th in Libra opposed to my Venus in 5 and BQ Sun in Taurus in 6.
I have noticed that I have some sort of attraction over people I am in a group with because within minutes I have them all around and talking to me:) Does Neptune mesmerize them maybe? Makes me always feel suspicious of their motives, because I think they are more interested in the fact that I am an astrologer. You know how people can be.... This attitude of mine does go way back of course, being suspicious I mean.

Koheli

To astropsychologist:

Jupiter/Neptune and Chrion transiting your 11th house would bring out the following:

Looking at the symbolism: Possible out of proportion or overly expansive displays (Jupiter) or over-idealized notions between you and your friends (Neptune) with resulting disappointment. Chiron tends to bring out lessons to heal the wounds (Chiron) in your friendships and brings them out in the open (issues that were never faced before). The transits in YOUR 11th mean that you are attracting those experience because the transit makes those energies available to you in the playing field of your 11th house.

So, it's a sensitive time. A time to look at how you or your friends want to be saved o (Neptune's saviour/victim/martyr tendancy). A time where we want to expand and express our Joy (Jupiter) or on the negative side:cling to one's beliefs (Jupiter).

Chiron transiting there will make you a magnet for touching upon your friends wounds and they yours...But, it is all for good because only in that way can they be healed.

It would also be interesting for you to note, that the ruler of your 11th is Uranus in the 7th, which would mean you personally would make or want those friendships to be more of the one-on-one quality (respecting in the typical Uranian manner each others space and individuality) more typical of 7th house relationships. Uranus is in Scorpio which would bring out themes of "merging resources", sharing and becoming one.

It's also interesting to see the ruler of your 7th is Pluto in your 6th, so "sharing the daily life" (6th) in Libra (fairly). If you prefer Mars as the ruler, well, that's in the 5th, so your one-on-one's are filtered into the "treasured ones", the creative Muses of Leo, with dramatic displays of creative passion and nurturance (Moon conjunct) and gregarious displays of Jupiter and so on.

gimzo23

Gimzo, you said:

I feel the same about being in a group. With friends I am maybe better than you to keep the contacts which truly interest me but do not pursue the one's that are obviously "not for me".
My 11th is ruled by Virgo (yes I am quite critical in choosing what sort of friends I want to have) and Mercury in Taurus (I am loyal) in 6 (also do a lot for friends I like) is square Saturn, showing that I prefer few good friends and that it is not easy for me to find a good friend I feel safe (Saturn) and comfortable (Taurus) with.
I have Neptune in the 11th in Libra opposed to my Venus in 5 and BQ Sun in Taurus in 6.
I have noticed that I have some sort of attraction over people I am in a group with because within minutes I have them all around and talking to me:) Does Neptune mesmerize them maybe? Makes me always feel suspicious of their motives, because I think they are more interested in the fact that I am an astrologer. You know how people can be.... This attitude of mine does go way back of course, being suspicious I mean.

Starlink, now that you mention your Mercury-Saturn connection, it possibly has a stronger influence than I thought on my 11th house too, now that I think about it. With Mercury ruling my 11th as well, and it being conjunct my Saturn in the 1st, which is conjunct my ascendant, yeah, I think it could explain some things for me with my 11th house. At least it could have an influence on my preference for keeping contact with only a select very few people that I feel I have something in common, over bigger group connections which I don't feel very comfortable in. And the rest does the Sun and Moon I guess.
By the way, I have the Neptune-Venus opposition in the same houses like you but just vice versa. :wink:

Last edited:

Styx

my jupiter is well aspected and i act&react exactly like you said above...I have spend so many times to reach some erudition that i am really depressed now to not find anyone who can share some serious thoughts even great professor, reknown author annoy me ! So i isolate myself and try to pursue studies, i am sure i could find one day the same unhumankind type of man or woman who i could strike up a friendship with.

Styx you have a great chart !

I'm glad you can relate to this trait of mine. :smile:
I sometimes wish I was a little more patient, not only in friendships but also in life. Being an Aries is hard :tongue:

ErikaINFP

I have Neptune in the 11th and for most of my life I have had friends who have lied, cheated and stolen from me, i.e. they weren't really friends. Thankfully, when Pluto transited through my 11th (1995-2009, I think), I lost touch and track of all of those people. I'm not so concerned with making a bunch of friends these days, I am very wary.

cindah

Hi what a great thread this is on the 11th house...and girlcat what an awesome article...thanks so much for that valuable info. This thread is a few months old so I hope people are still reading...I've been researching the 11th because I recently had an intuition that the birthtime on my cert might not be exactly acurate and the 12th house mars I thought I had might actually be in the 11th and it does seem to fit. I am a loner (but that could be because mars as progressed into the 12th). My ambition was always to be in or start a rock band...and I have done that in my past but musicians came and went...hard to pin them down for long no matter how good the songs are. Now I'm thinking of picking it back up. So this means if Mars IS in my 11th then the Jupiter/Pluto conj. I have opposite it is actually in my 5th. I'm always creating something...even my job requires that of me.

And now this also means Neptune, Jup and Chiron may actually be transiting my 11th...and I've had those same experiences with betrayals..esp. people not doing what they say they're gonna do...that's the worse. This town I live in, I find myself calling it the "town of broken promises" lately.

Sunny

Starlink, you wrote

I have Neptune in the 11th in Libra opposed to my Venus in 5te ........
and

I have noticed that I have some sort of attraction over people I am in a group with because within minutes I have them all around and talking to me:) Does Neptune mesmerize them maybe?
Venus in the 5th gives much, plenty of charms. So people being attracted by you must find you a very lovely person.

But if this effects of attraction
Makes me always feel suspicious of their motives, because I think they are more interested in the fact that I am an astrologer.
than, I think, you are under the beams of your Neptune who wants ideal friendship and who is disorientating your feelings. Now, why does this really disorientate? Perhaps, either you or your friends don't like to engage wholy in friendship? In the two cases, yes, these new birthed friendships are dissolved.
Could that be?

Cheers
Sunny

Thank you for that Sunny!

I don't have :jupiter: in the 11th myself, I was just noticing that a lot of the others who said they had few friends seemed to have :jupiter: in the 11th, just thought it was interesting. It would be interesting to see what those with this placement in their charts will make of that quote you just posted!

You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

Well in Equal house system Aquarius rules your 11th house and :uranus: Uranus is placed in 7th with squares to :jupiter: and :mars: and :moon:
This suggests your need for emotional freedom within relationships/friendships and indeed broken relationships, square to :mars: =bad temper on occasion and square to :jupiter: = action with enough thought of outcome, can even cut your nose off to spite your face on occasion....

I have :uranus:in 7th with squares to :sun: & :moon: and then:saturn:placed in 11th conj MC albeit wide orb. So I don't have many friends either and the friends I do have older, wiser usually a generation ie; 10years or so

flobabe

Loneliness terrifies me too at times. But I'm trying to learn to embrace it and get comfortable with feeling lonely. I think a big thing for me is not so much loneliness but a fear of appearing lonely to others, so the less I care what others think the easier I find loneliness to deal with.

Omg I could have written this myself!! 😍