World economy crises saturn square Uranus?

blondie89

Banned
Hello..

2021 and 2022 there will be a saturn (aquarius) square Uranus (taurus - fall)

Last time this happened it was 1930/1931 with saturn (capricorn - domicile) square Uranus (aries).

Also saturn opposition Uranus 2009 there was the global financial crisis.

What is to expect?

Saturn in aquarius limit freedom of aquarius but also creates new structures of sociability. Uranus in taurus does not like closeness.
Taurus also represents safety and financial aspects like gambling on stock markets or unequal distribution between people.

[Thread moved from the Traditional Astrology board. That board is only for strictly traditional astrology posts. Uranus isn't used in traditional astrology. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Senecar

Isn't Saturn the lord of Aquarius? Would it not rejoice being in there?
Then from that stance, surely there could be something positive and beneficial too to the whole world next year?

Is the opposition to Uranus in Taurus such a bad thing?
Uranus is also friendly to Aquarius and so is to Saturn I would have thought.

Last edited:

blondie89

Banned
Isn't Saturn the lord of Aquarius? Would it not rejoice being in there?
Then from that stance, surely there could be something positive and beneficial too to the whole world next year?

Is the opposition to Uranus in Taurus such a bad thing?
Uranus is also friendly to Aquarius and so is to Saturn I would have thought.

You are right but Uranus is in taurus in fall and taurus stands for luxury, money, wealth and also stock market (or why is the symbol of stock market a a bull)

Saturn as a limiter to these things..

It doesn't matter who will be president of us.. The system created by fed and the baby boomer doesn't work anymore. All states are overdept. The economical damage through corona will be shown next year. If private persons or company's couldn't pay their loans. Bank with 0% interests.

Looking, when saturn enters aquarius on March 18 - almost 5 degrees apart from Uranus, it was like a limitation of freedom (Uranus - aquarius). In almost every country there are political and economical cleavage. Everyone wants more and more money of cost of other people. That at some point that doesn't work anymore.

Last time this constellations happened it was like a bubble which burst. Dotkom, property..

Everyone personally will feel this, because everyone has this in his solar return charts on another way

You also had to think about that all these technical moves (oil sector, it sector), than more immigration from other lands, also there are no enough work and resources for the people which already lice there .. Less workers are needed, so the unemployment rate will rise

But from which money should they live? Political rumors, also wars of faith and race all over the world

Last edited:

!4C

I have the waning square in my natal chart (leo saturn-scorpio uranus). :pinched: It's frustrating for sure.

This aspect tends to create a crisis or opportunity that needs urgent attention. Saturn will punish any impulsive response that isn't knowledgeable and appropriate. On the other hand, uranus will punish a delayed or overly cautious response. The only way to win is to already be an expert in the issue at hand. There is no time to research or brainstorm. Action needs to be swift but risk management is everything. If you don't already know the proper response, then your probably *******.

Osamenor

Staff member
2021 and 2022 there will be a saturn (aquarius) square Uranus (taurus - fall)

Last time this happened it was 1930/1931 with saturn (capricorn - domicile) square Uranus (aries).

That wasn't the last time. There was also a Saturn/Uranus square in 1975-76. The first direct passes happened with Saturn in Cancer and Uranus in Libra, then Uranus moved into Scorpio and was squared again by Saturn in early Leo. Then Saturn retrograded back into Cancer for the first months of 1976, and squared Uranus again later in the year after settling into Leo.

I should know. I was born during the Saturn in Cancer/Uranus in Libra square.

blondie89

Banned
That wasn't the last time. There was also a Saturn/Uranus square in 1975-76. The first direct passes happened with Saturn in Cancer and Uranus in Libra, then Uranus moved into Scorpio and was squared again by Saturn in early Leo. Then Saturn retrograded back into Cancer for the first months of 1976, and squared Uranus again later in the year after settling into Leo.

I should know. I was born during the Saturn in Cancer/Uranus in Libra square.

Was there not a crises in us 1970 till 1975?

Also u.s chart got his first Pluto return in 2023 in their 2nd house. 🤔 I don't know if this also had an impact on this after saturn / Uranus

leomoon

Was there not a crises in us 1970 till 1975?

Also u.s chart got his first Pluto return in 2023 in their 2nd house. 🤔 I don't know if this also had an impact on this after saturn / Uranus

The recession in the United States lasted from November 1973 (the Richard Nixon presidency) to March 1975 (the Gerald Ford presidency), and its effects on the US were felt through the Jimmy Carter presidency until the mid-term of Ronald Reagan 's first term as president, characterized by low economic growth.1973–1975 recession - Wikipedia
0EtLhGT91DF2NgubtXnu4VXk1N1vzFP99f037PUFbu4yIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

MLQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973–75_recession

!4C

You are right but Uranus is in taurus in fall and taurus stands for luxury, money, wealth and also stock market (or why is the symbol of stock market a a bull)
The NYSE chart (I use May 17, 1792 7:52am NY, NY) has a jupiter-neptune conjunction in libra that indicates the boom bust cycles in the stock market. Coming into the year, traders were overconfident from Federal Reserve intervention. There was too much leverage for a market seriously overvalued. Then the NYSE jupiter was hit by this year's saturn-pluto conjunction and the market went down hard.

This first saturn-uranus square will be within the two degrees of the NYSE's taurus venus. Since venus rules the sign of the jupiter-neptune conjunction, there is a possibility this might have a similar effect on the bubble bursting. Currently the Fed has the markets pumped up to where they are at least as overvalued as they were during dotcom bubble.

Looking, when saturn enters aquarius on March 18 - almost 5 degrees apart from Uranus, it was like a limitation of freedom (Uranus - aquarius).
In the first saturn-uranus square, saturn will conjunct the USA's aquarian south node. I'm guessing this indicates the suppression of the country' foundational principles, which will somehow be problematic for the uranus trends. Well it's a two-way street, so the uranus trends could also be challenging to foundational principles.

It doesn't matter who will be president of us.. The system created by fed and the baby boomer doesn't work anymore. All states are overdept. The economical damage through corona will be shown next year. If private persons or company's couldn't pay their loans. Bank with 0% interests.
The expectation is a shift to Modern Monetary Theory (MMT), which incorporates money printing to supplement spending. There is a potential problem for this though. MMT requires: (1) the country barrows in its own currency, (2) the country has sound institutions, and (3) a relatively disinflationary environment. The jupiter-neptune conjunction at the beginning of 2022 indicates high consumer price inflation, asset price inflation, or both. A pick-up in consumer price inflation should be no surprise since there is now long-overdue shift to demand-side stimulus, which puts money into the hands of the people who will spend it (increases velocity of money). For the last 12 years, there haven't been any major issues with debt monetization because it targeted supply-side stimulus, which goes into asset price inflation instead of consumer price inflation (low velocity of money). If high CPI impedes any efforts to implement MMT, then the debt problem will become an issue. I don't think anyone has proposed what to do if MMT fails due to high inflation.

Here is a New Moon chart for January 2021:
http://planetwatcher.com/#1610514180

The New Moon is in Capricorn and this year the New Moon is conjunct Pluto. In addition, the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter is sandwiched in a square with Mars and Uranus. This is a very violent alignment, and probably one of the most significant alignments of the past 2000 years.

The New Moon sets the beginning of the monthly cycle and gives us a clue as to the mundane influences for that lunar period. Pluto is an extreme violent and cold planet, especially when in Capricorn. The New Moon in Capricorn similarly supports a cold and windy situation. As serendipity would have it, there is now an unusually strong upper atmospheric heating event occurring over the North Pole, which will bring intense winter weather to Europe and North America beginning just after the New Moon. This storm period should be quite wild of itself.

However, the Saturn-Jupiter in Aquarius square to Mars-Uranus in Taurus square adds a dimension of hyper instability to the New Moon event.

The Saturn-Pluto conjunction in Capricorn brought us the pandemic, and the pandemic has been spreading up to now with a gradually increasing slope of infection rate. What we are going to see next week is the transition to the fast, upward moving logarithmic infection rate that makes a pandemic dangerous. What we have seen so far for the past year was the easy part. We are on the cusp of the hardest part of this pandemic, and it coincides with a New Moon conjunct Pluto cycle in Capricorn. Again, the big square only amplifies the severity of what we should be prepared for. The deaths and economic damage will be staggering.

And lastly, this New Moon in Capricorn is occurring during the inauguration phase of a very hostile election cycle. We have seen riots all year from the Aquarians, and now the Capricorns have entered the rioting mode. Saturn and Uranus will be square all through 2021. The action we have seen so far is nothing to what appears to be coming on the New Moon, and will likely plague us throughout 2021.

This is clearly going to be a civil war amid a pandemic and natural disasters, and I doubt it will be very civil at all. There are transits for assassinations and violence like we have never witnessed in our lifetime. The Saturn-Jupiter conjunction marks the beginning of a decade-long cycle, which is a clear sign that whatever transpires next week will establish scars that will take years to heal. The Mars-Uranus conjunction will coincide with material injuries that will take at least a couple years to rebuild. The clash that lays before us is at hand, and based on what has transpired up until now, it is likely to be of epic proportion.

The Capitol riot occurred when Mercury was conjunct Pluto. Mercury is now marching through the Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Uranus battleground as words demanding blood pour from the mouths of politicians. These words are the gasoline and catalyst that will spark the violence next week.

I first noticed these transits forty years ago, and as a precaution, have made preparations accordingly. Although I could see the turmoil that was possible, I could not see the final form it would take until it was right upon us. The beginning of the pandemic was my first clue, and I always suspected that extreme weather was part of the outcome. These things we could probably deal with as a nation, but I did not think the political situation would deteriorate to the point that it has; the escalating call for political war is the calamity that will cause the most damage. The whole system will collapse, at least for a period of time. Be prepared for martial law as one of the responses to the events that will unfold.

leomoon

I think Ray Merriman's writings and predictions are now more well-rounded since he married last year, German Astrologer Antonia Langsdorf (3rd marriage?)

Perhaps 3 is the charm!

This site hasn't caught up with the 3rd marriage yet for "important events"
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Merriman,_Raymond_A.

Anyway, I don't know him but I do read his free newsletter each month on the markets and financial ends ...with some astrology thrown in.

He is the one on the photos (5th photo down) bald head, big Sagittarius Smile on his face . Antonia Langsdorf is also shown on most of the photos.

I think she must be helping him expand his readings to include more astro talk.

http://atlantisoracle.com/2016-astrologer-economist-meeting/

With Uranus in the major transits, he has been playing it rather cool, not too over one way or the other in calling the markets. We call in fence sitting but I would too, as it can go either way with Jupiter & Uranus:

As stated last week, “Mars, in its ruling sign of Aries, has been very bullish for world stock markets. It started June 28, 2020, which coincided with the primary cycle low of 24,971 in the DJIA. It reached a new all-time high of 31,193 on Thursday, January 7.But the bigger fireworks (at least in the cosmic realm) is about to begin this week and will last through the end of the month. This will include Uranus turning direct, Jupiter square Uranus, Mars conjunct Uranus and square Jupiter, the Sun conjunct Jupiter and Saturn, and both square to Uranus.

https://files.constantcontact.com/6c600f5f201/342a043b-a00d-467d-9a00-38a0eb332eea.pdf

conspiracy theorist

Not for Elon Musk -- he's now the richest man in the world within the first week, largely due to Tesla stock rallying in the markets.

On a related note, why do these predictions always conflate stock markets/market indices with the wider economy? On what is the prognostications based on really, the latter or the former?

conspiracy theorist

conspiracy theorist - How would you propose breaking down the linkage? Increasingly the stock markets are woven into everything.

Are they really woven into everything? https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/stock-market-year-in-review-2020/

Here's another good one on investopedia
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/difference-between-dow-and-nasdaq/

Setting aside that a lot of these predictions seem to focus only on the most prominent market indices -- which means most of the time they are solely focusing on the largest companies in the economy -- to even be on a stock exchange a company has to be a public. Most of the casualties of the covid fallout was felt by LLCs and sole proprietors, which don't appear on any stock exchanges at all.

Because these predictions don't pan out more often than not (the people who predicted 2008 weren't astrologers for example) maybe what astrologers are looking at when they predict "economic crises" should be re-examined. There's some financial astrology books, and maybe they have the keys to the kingdom, but I won't be finding that out any time soon since the prices for them are exorbitant.

!4C

Only 9 days until they are within 3°. I can hardly contain my excitement. :annoyed:

As for the second and third alignments, there does seem to be a focus on the US Federal Reserve and the current Fed Chair, Jerome Powell. Uranus will be opposite Fed's ascendant ruler (moon) and at Powell's north node bend. I think it is safe to say they will be under a lot pressure in the second half of the year. Will it be from another crisis or will it be from structural reform directed by congress?
On a related note, why do these predictions always conflate stock markets/market indices with the wider economy? On what is the prognostications based on really, the latter or the former?
I've never seen anyone evaluate an index from astrological perspective, but overall health of the markets is useful when groping around in the dark for clues. From what I've seen, the New York Stock Exchange is best chart for that. It has some confirmed synastry with the US national chart and the US Federal Reserve chart

In our over financialized society, the economy has become increasingly dependent on the markets. While healthy markets do not guarantee a healthy economy, dysfunctional markets will have an impact on the health of the economy. Hence the justification for central banks to pour trillions into the markets at the drop of hat.

There are pension funds, personal retirement funds, endowment funds, insurance funds, ect. that are all dependent on the health of the markets. The volunteer fire department I was in has their money in the stock market. I assume churches, especially megachurches, have their money in the markets as well. Many financial accounts have cash balances automatically swept into money market funds. A 1930's market pattern would be even more apocalyptic in today's world.

Then there is the leverage issue. Everyone is brainwashed into the idea that surplus cash should be invested and capital should be borrowed when needed. Income from the investments is used to pay the borrowing costs. Obviously, it only works if investment yields are greater than borrowing costs. Widespread leveraging makes society hypersensitive to market conditions.

Market contagion is another risk for the economy. Financial institutions diversify their portfolios for risk management. They report their performance on regular basis (month, quarterly, annually). If one market plummets, they start selling the winners to offset the losses. One markets problem can quickly become a problem for all the markets. Safe havens are not so safe.

At least we have central banks to pump the markets back up after crashes (that they cause from too much intervention). :smile:

Because these predictions don't pan out more often than not (the people who predicted 2008 weren't astrologers for example) maybe what astrologers are looking at when they predict "economic crises" should be re-examined. There's some financial astrology books, and maybe they have the keys to the kingdom, but I won't be finding that out any time soon since the prices for them are exorbitant.
If an effective formula was known, wouldn't all professional financial astrologers use it?

It seems like the financial houses (2nd/8th) in the national chart would be a place to start. Coincidentally, this is where all recent action has been in US's chart. Employment might be indicated by the 6th house. Also, mercury should indicate general trade activity.

leomoon

conspiracy theorist - How would you propose breaking down the linkage? Increasingly the stock markets are woven into everything.

leomoon, have you been to any of their gatherings?

No, never! I'm not into the markets at all, just like the astrology of Merriman and keep an overall look at the general economy which the Stock Market today doesn't seem to really bother with when making their predictions.
Their money was given to them by the Feds, 2 Trillion for buy backs of their own stock with tax deductions in 2018 - from what I recall. They've been playing with it ever since.

Very inflated, imo. :surprised: Probably have to be a Pluto reckoning I'd expect, logically speaking. And yes, over the 2nd/8th house axis where Pluto is now. Sibley's POF in the 8th is opposite Pluto in the 2nd and near the same degree exactly, where Tr Pluto is applying a conjunction to n. Pluto. Uranus on the cusp of the 6-7th house seems like a volatility planet. Pluto Return?

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

@!4C

What do you make of predictions that claim to prognosticate on global economic crises, yet seem to focus solely on the economy of the United States? Would you say this is deliberate due to the major role the US plays in the global market (US dollar being the World's currency, countries such as mine having the US as primary trade partners etc) or is this because what is really being analysed is really the U.S. situation with the globe as an afterthought?

I can say that the local stock market isn't as intertwined with economic activity in my country, and I assume that could be said about a lot of developing nations. Hell, most of the population is in the informal economy, and the kind of institutional investment that happens in the US just does not happen. QE measures would just murder us. However, some investment firms are encouraging their clients to put more of their money into the US markets because of its performance throughout the year. I'd say the health of the US markets is important to overall economic health even moreso than would be the case with our local stock market, which is still quite young in the grand scheme of things (incorporated in 1969)

blondie89

Banned
Only 9 days until they are within 3°. I can hardly contain my excitement. :annoyed:

As for the second and third alignments, there does seem to be a focus on the US Federal Reserve and the current Fed Chair, Jerome Powell. Uranus will be opposite Fed's ascendant ruler (moon) and at Powell's north node bend. I think it is safe to say they will be under a lot pressure in the second half of the year. Will it be from another crisis or will it be from structural reform directed by congress?
I've never seen anyone evaluate an index from astrological perspective, but overall health of the markets is useful when groping around in the dark for clues. From what I've seen, the New York Stock Exchange is best chart for that. It has some confirmed synastry with the US national chart and the US Federal Reserve chart

In our over financialized society, the economy has become increasingly dependent on the markets. While healthy markets do not guarantee a healthy economy, dysfunctional markets will have an impact on the health of the economy. Hence the justification for central banks to pour trillions into the markets at the drop of hat.

There are pension funds, personal retirement funds, endowment funds, insurance funds, ect. that are all dependent on the health of the markets. The volunteer fire department I was in has their money in the stock market. I assume churches, especially megachurches, have their money in the markets as well. Many financial accounts have cash balances automatically swept into money market funds. A 1930's market pattern would be even more apocalyptic in today's world.

Then there is the leverage issue. Everyone is brainwashed into the idea that surplus cash should be invested and capital should be borrowed when needed. Income from the investments is used to pay the borrowing costs. Obviously, it only works if investment yields are greater than borrowing costs. Widespread leveraging makes society hypersensitive to market conditions.

Market contagion is another risk for the economy. Financial institutions diversify their portfolios for risk management. They report their performance on regular basis (month, quarterly, annually). If one market plummets, they start selling the winners to offset the losses. One markets problem can quickly become a problem for all the markets. Safe havens are not so safe.

At least we have central banks to pump the markets back up after crashes (that they cause from too much intervention). :smile:

If an effective formula was known, wouldn't all professional financial astrologers use it?

It seems like the financial houses (2nd/8th) in the national chart would be a place to start. Coincidentally, this is where all recent action has been in US's chart. Employment might be indicated by the 6th house. Also, mercury should indicate general trade activity.

In 9 days is inauguration day.. Coincidence?