Gen Z

love-thinking

Gen Zs truly are a wonder.

The other day a 20 year old posted on an astrological page and showed conversations between her and her boyfriend.

I was stunned by the level of articulation of feeling between both of these individuals.

I felt old.

What's responsible for kids going from the 2000s y2k, trashy groupie culture to one so preppy and sophisticated?

OuterPlanets89

I think grasping astrology requires some disconnection from society -- not necessarily in a reclusive sense, but in the somewhat Aquarian, detached analyzation of society (mixed with the more intuitive elements, of course). Far less of Gen Z will be caught up in the 8-to-5 office lives dependent on face-to-face communication like older generations were. Instead, they largely work and experience social connection more and more through screens. They were the first generation to grow up with the internet/tech boom (Millennials did too but most of us were alive to remember/experience the world before the post-2000 boom).

This is especially relevant because a large % of their learning (as they became adults) is dependent on devices that are backed by incredibly powerful algorithms. And in many ways, Astrology operates much like an infinitely complex algorithm. So when their worldviews and thinking are unconsciously influenced (and often shaped) by algorithms, they can analyze society through that lens (and make connections) more easily than older generations can. You can also argue that having Uranus/Neptune in Aquarius contributes to this ability. I think the late-Millennials with Uranus/Neptune conjunct also have this ability, but it manifests a little differently.

In a sense, "belief" in society was always dominated by organized religions, but with Gen Z, there's more of an Aquarian approach to spirituality.

CapAquaPis

The other day a 20 year old posted on an astrological page and showed conversations between her and her boyfriend.

I was stunned by the level of articulation of feeling between both of these individuals.

I felt old.

What's responsible for kids going from the 2000s y2k, trashy groupie culture to one so preppy and sophisticated?

Gens X (born 1964-79) and Y (1980-95) recall a more economically stagnated America in the late 1970s-early 90s, and how our both culture and society changed so much in the late 1960s-early 80s. I suppose Gen Z are affluent and better educated after all, the offspring of "yuppies" instead of "hippies", and a strong retro-conservative yet socially liberal emphasis of getting along with others. However, 1 out of 5 children today, esp 1 out of 4 boys have autism (spectrum disorders) are stigmatized and stereotyped as poorly-educated and bad etiquette-ridden "man-children" mostly attributed to Gen Z (1995-2009).

CapAquaPis

I think grasping astrology requires some disconnection from society -- not necessarily in a reclusive sense, but in the somewhat Aquarian, detached analyzation of society (mixed with the more intuitive elements, of course). Far less of Gen Z will be caught up in the 8-to-5 office lives dependent on face-to-face communication like older generations were. Instead, they largely work and experience social connection more and more through screens. They were the first generation to grow up with the internet/tech boom (Millennials did too but most of us were alive to remember/experience the world before the post-2000 boom).

This is especially relevant because a large % of their learning (as they became adults) is dependent on devices that are backed by incredibly powerful algorithms. And in many ways, Astrology operates much like an infinitely complex algorithm. So when their worldviews and thinking are unconsciously influenced (and often shaped) by algorithms, they can analyze society through that lens (and make connections) more easily than older generations can. You can also argue that having Uranus/Neptune in Aquarius contributes to this ability. I think the late-Millennials with Uranus/Neptune conjunct also have this ability, but it manifests a little differently.

In a sense, "belief" in society was always dominated by organized religions, but with Gen Z, there's more of an Aquarian approach to spirituality.

The culture clash combined with generation gap of millennials (X, esp. Y and the older Z ages 18-21 right now) vs boomers ("W" based on the 2004 George W Bush reelection campaign, esp. "V" based on their anti-Vietnam war activism and the younger "U" based on their childhoods call for WW2/cold war unity).

Generations, Uranus (the planet of generations, also similar to Neptune's title) placements are mentioned, included are parazodiacs in between these signs, and Neptune's placements are in italics to make it easier to read my posting:

Boomers (anyone 55-96 years of age = first half = first 41 years).
U 1925-38 Pisces>Aries (Cetus)>1932 Taurus Cancer>1939 Leo.
V 1938-52 Taurus>1939 Gemini (Orion)>1946 Cancer. Leo>1950 Virgo.
W 1953-66 Leo (Sextans)>1960 Virgo. Virgo>1961 Libra.

Millennials (anyone 13-54 years of age = second half = last 41 years).
X 1967-79 Virgo>1967 Libra (Draco)>1974 Scorpio. Libra>1972 Scorpio>1983 Sagittarius.
Y 1980-94 Scorpio>1981 Sagittarius (Ophiuchus)>1988 Capricorn.
Sagittarius>1994 Capricorn.
Z 1995-2007 Capricorn>1995 Aquarius (Aquila)>2002 Pisces.
Capricorn>2005 Aquarius.

Our current president is Joe Biden, age 79 going onto 80 and myself, halfway at age 41 who was born in 1980, and I can relate to both with him and y2k babies , as well anyone born in 1961, which were people with Virgo Uranus-Neptune.

obsidianmineral

I felt old.

I’m a 22 year old Gen Z and I feel ashamed of my own generation in many ways. I’d honestly rather look up to older people. I also don’t identify with the usual traits associated with the generation, much.

Katarzena

I’m a 22 year old Gen Z and I feel ashamed of my own generation in many ways. I’d honestly rather look up to older people. I also don’t identify with the usual traits associated with the generation, much.

Hey! What is your perspective? I don't know much about Gen Z and would rather learn from someone who is an 'insider' :) than looking it up online

obsidianmineral

Hey! What is your perspective? I don't know much about Gen Z and would rather learn from someone who is an 'insider' :) than looking it up online

My perspective is that my generational peers are characterized mainly by two components: 1) breaking social norms and traditions and 2) being immersed in the world of new technologies. Gen Z’s are experts at using the internet, being aware of social trends, finding a sense of belonging in new an unique ways (like internet communities), and advocates for expression of new identities. All of this sounds good until you consider the ugly side to these things, which in my opinion are:

1) Gen Z believes that every other generation has prior is essentially stupider and outdated. This is a dumb idea considering that average human intelligence does not change over the course of a generation. They can’t see that they’re just another set of humans with a bunch of values and ideas that their context has given them. They realize that religion is bad because it has caused war throughout history and believe themselves to be nothing short of geniuses for it.

2) Gen Z is nihilistic and doomer. Overly rational. (In a western, materialistic and scientific kind of way) by this I don’t mean that I don’t believe in rationality. I also had my atheist-like kind of phase when I was 14, but I grew up. Turns out that facts and feelings are both important. My main issue with modern day nihilism is that it has dumb , overly rational statements such as “since science says there’s no meaning to life, then I am worthless and all of my existence doesn’t mean anything as a consequence” like, grow up. If you need someone or some authority figure to tell you the meaning to life then you’re just dumb. The whole point of life is to create the meaning.

3) Gen Z lacks true identity. Their very search for an unique way to identify themselves has left them without a true, real sense of purpose, which leads them to use superficial trends to give them that identity which they desperately long for. Identity should be born from within, not from a fad. Like, as things are today, Gen Z’s ENTIRE sense of self is a random label such as “20F/transgender/furry/bipolar disorder”. It’s ridiculous that their sense of self is an identity group.

4) Gen Z sees no value in tradition (even though it has value, but they’re too near-sighted to even question the possibility of it having any)

5) Gen Z is overly liberal and pretty much denies structure in any kind of subject - they tend to have extreme social-constructivist views.

6) Gen Z is depressed.

7) Gen Z is self-entitled af. They’re not humble. This is perhaps the thing that annoys me the most. Indeed, it is extremely rare to see a person that’s Gen Z and is actually open-minded. They don’t question themselves, much. They lack self-awareness.

This is my personal view. Me, having Saturn in Taurus in the 10th, and sun in the 9th in Aries, appreciate the beauty in having a moral code to live by. I don’t like dumb trends and I’d rather shy away from any sort of identity group. I don’t identify myself with anything that’s external to me. I also have a stationary Mercury in Pisces in the 9th. I spend most of the time thinking carefully and deeply about subjects and I dislike that my generation’s general views are like “boomers bad”, “religion bad”, “bible bad”, without any, - and I mean absolutely any - degree of nuance. They feel like they’re super woke about everything when they really aren’t conscious at all. They think they are but they aren’t. It really drives me nuts. I really feel alienated from the opinions they have. For example, I do believe in gender equality (obviously) but not the “biological sex doesn’t exist” kind of bogus.

Last edited:

Katarzena

My perspective is that my generational peers are characterized mainly by two components: 1) breaking social norms and traditions and 2) being immersed in the world of new technologies. Gen Z’s are experts at using the internet, being aware of social trends, finding a sense of belonging in new an unique ways (like internet communities), and advocates for expression of new identities. All of this sounds good until you consider the ugly side to these things, which in my opinion are:

1) Gen Z believes that every other generation has prior is essentially stupider and outdated. This is a dumb idea considering that average human intelligence does not change over the course of a generation. They can’t see that they’re just another set of humans with a bunch of values and ideas that their context has given them. They realize that religion is bad because it has caused war throughout history and believe themselves to be nothing short of geniuses for it.

2) Gen Z is nihilistic and doomer. Overly rational. (In a western, materialistic and scientific kind of way) by this I don’t mean that I don’t believe in rationality. I also had my atheist-like kind of phase when I was 14, but I grew up. Turns out that facts and feelings are both important. My main issue with modern day nihilism is that it has dumb , overly rational statements such as “since science says there’s no meaning to life, then I am worthless and all of my existence doesn’t mean anything as a consequence” like, grow up. If you need someone or some authority figure to tell you the meaning to life then you’re just dumb. The whole point of life is to create the meaning.

3) Gen Z lacks true identity. Their very search for an unique way to identify themselves has left them without a true, real sense of purpose, which leads them to use superficial trends to give them that identity which they desperately long for. Identity should be born from within, not from a fad. Like, as things are today, Gen Z’s ENTIRE sense of self is a random label such as “20F/transgender/furry/bipolar disorder”. It’s ridiculous that their sense of self is an identity group.

4) Gen Z sees no value in tradition (even though it has value, but they’re too near-sighted to even question the possibility of it having any)

5) Gen Z is overly liberal and pretty much denies structure in any kind of subject - they tend to have extreme social-constructivist views.

6) Gen Z is depressed.

7) Gen Z is self-entitled af. They’re not humble. This is perhaps the thing that annoys me the most. Indeed, it is extremely rare to see a person that’s Gen Z and is actually open-minded. They don’t question themselves, much. They lack self-awareness.

This is my personal view. Me, having Saturn in Taurus in the 10th, and sun in the 9th in Aries, appreciate the beauty in having a moral code to live by. I don’t like dumb trends and I’d rather shy away from any sort of identity group. I don’t identify myself with anything that’s external to me. I also have a stationary Mercury in Pisces in the 9th. I spend most of the time thinking carefully and deeply about subjects and I dislike that my generation’s general views are like “boomers bad”, “religion bad”, “bible bad”, without any, - and I mean absolutely any - degree of nuance. They feel like they’re super woke about everything when they really aren’t conscious at all. They think they are but they aren’t. It really drives me nuts. I really feel alienated from the opinions they have. For example, I do believe in gender equality (obviously) but not the “biological sex doesn’t exist” kind of bogus.

Very interesting, thank you for explaining! You seem more mature than your peers. And some of mine :)

CapAquaPis

Lol. . . .

Said the Gen Zer who is a Libertarian, not a neo-Nazi or retro-Soviet, and not a conservative or a Liberal either, I thought the third party alternative is growing and gaining ground among anyone born from 1996-2003 (ages 18-25 crowd).

Looking at my natal chart with my sun and moon plus SN in Aquarius and the movement of my sign ruler Uranus in the ephemeris, Uranus transits that sign, esp. conjunct the natal moon (20'), midpoint (23'), sun (26') and south node (29') from Jan 2001-Mar 2003 (19-29') and again Oct-Dec 2003 (28-30' range) to indicate a gain in fortune when I worked 3 years straight (hired in Jun 2001) and was able to have myself an apartment at age 24 and a half in Aug 2004.

I should have a better year with Jupiter conjunct my natal moon-MP-sun-SN range in 2021, esp since March 1 to Dec 31 (the 20-30' Aquarius-esp 1' Pisces range, Jupiter is the traditional ruler of Pisces). It should be similarly lucky to me to have Jupiter moves into my natal sun sign in 1985-86 (my parents later divorced when I was 7), 1997-98 (when I was 18 to graduated high school) and 2009-10 (hired a new job in the middle of the Great Recession right when I turned 30 and I'm still working there). Jupiter is highly benefic, but Uranus has a special power to bring forth unique life experiences, what if Jupiter-Uranus is conjunct? I have 0-3' pisces in my 8th house (starts from ironically 8' Aquarius).

Katarzena

Said the Gen Zer who is a Libertarian, not a neo-Nazi or retro-Soviet, and not a conservative or a Liberal either, I thought the third party alternative is growing and gaining ground among anyone born from 1996-2003 (ages 18-25 crowd).

Looking at my natal chart with my sun and moon plus SN in Aquarius and the movement of my sign ruler Uranus in the ephemeris, Uranus transits that sign, esp. conjunct the natal moon (20'), midpoint (23'), sun (26') and south node (29') from Jan 2001-Mar 2003 (19-29') and again Oct-Dec 2003 (28-30' range) to indicate a gain in fortune when I worked 3 years straight (hired in Jun 2001) and was able to have myself an apartment at age 24 and a half in Aug 2004.

I should have a better year with Jupiter conjunct my natal moon-MP-sun-SN range in 2021, esp since March 1 to Dec 31 (the 20-30' Aquarius-esp 1' Pisces range, Jupiter is the traditional ruler of Pisces). It should be similarly lucky to me to have Jupiter moves into my natal sun sign in 1985-86 (my parents later divorced when I was 7), 1997-98 (when I was 18 to graduated high school) and 2009-10 (hired a new job in the middle of the Great Recession right when I turned 30 and I'm still working there). Jupiter is highly benefic, but Uranus has a special power to bring forth unique life experiences, what if Jupiter-Uranus is conjunct? I have 0-3' pisces in my 8th house (starts from ironically 8' Aquarius).

Wow interesting. I've got transit Uranus exactly conjunct my moon in Taurus now, then it will go to conjunct my Jupiter in Taurus next. This is in the 9th. Transit Jupiter is trining my stellium in Gemini in 10th and Sextiling my Saturn and Uranus in 4th. I feel like I should be making a fortune rn but currently not. Starting my own online trading business but I don't have much to invest so it's slow slow slow

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

20 year olds today look back that 50 years ago the adage was "Never trust anyone over 30" to now "Life starts at 40", which means you're no longer at college for 8 years after you graduated from high school at age 18, but no employer (What about McDonald's? KFC? Pizza Hut? Taco Bell? Wal-mart? Home Depot? Marshall's? or Kroger?) wants you at age 21, both ages are thought to be legal adult age for voting and the draft (18) as well smoking and drinking (21).

Bunraku

Gen Z is pretty good at healing generational curses (attempting to anyways). They're more self aware and more in tune with not repeating the failures of their predecessors.

CapAquaPis

Gen Z is pretty good at healing generational curses (attempting to anyways). They're more self aware and more in tune with not repeating the failures of their predecessors.

Maybe America learned from its past haunted with racism and discrimination. Gen Zers are less likely to identify with a race or ethnicity and views race or ethnicity are less important, but they are more aware of bigotry and economic inequality and for more sensitivity and social justice than earlier generations. They are not colorblind though, but are more familiar with multiculturalism.

CapAquaPis

The societal issues of LGBT identities and Autism spectrum disorders are the main division of their generation (Gen Z born 1996-2015), the baby boomers born 1945-64 remember racism and sexism was more prevalent and legal before the Civil Rights movement, and the Victorian age generation born 1894-1913 admitted to had misgivings about immigrants who entered the US through Ellis Island.

It's not a fad nor a trend or fashion to belong to a minority group, I was born in 1980 and had to learn to live with "mild" autism, partial Native American heritage, being a Gen Yer, genderfluidity, and lower-middle income level. Sometimes I imagine if I was born in 1925 like my maternal grandparents to go through the Great Depression, WW2 and the peaking but oppressive 1950's.

Many Gen Z'ers like kids in the 1990s and around 50 years ago learned at public school science on the dangers of pollution, environmental destruction and climate change are the biggest threats to their lives when they inherit this world after the elders die off. It's saddening to know they have to clean up the mess and ensure their own grandchildren will live in a cleaner, better, healthier planet.

CapAquaPis

Baby boomers born 1945 can't relate to anyone born in 1971 to experienced triple-dip recessions including the OPEC embargo of 1979 in their childhood plus the early 90s recession and also those born in 1996 to experienced triple-dip recessions including the Great one in 2008 along with the current COVID crisis.

Zillennial here, born right on the cusp.
I think gen-Z tends to be more open to new stuff. They were born and raise on the internet, they're willing to try therapy and other manners of understanding themselves and the world.
Introversion is more appreciated as well, so there's more time and space to explore your own energy and time.
I look at my younger cousins and friends with genuine admiration. They are all very empathetic and self-aware.

CapAquaPis

Here's a chart of generations with Boomer parents and Xer kids in the middle of the recent memory of Americans alive in 2021. The Greatest Generation divided into Centurians or Victorians 1901-14 and from the Greatest or GIs 1914-27. And Generation Beta comes after 2026, which is 5 years away from now.

Attachments

• Generation_timeline.svg.jpg
    Generation_timeline.svg.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 51

CapAquaPis

Gen Z is the anti-yuppie, a large number of them are labeled as NEETs (Not Employed, in Education or in Training), getting more involved in politics or civics not limited to the internet, not really in sexual or romantic relationships, and practicing a wider variety of ideologies like Libertarian, SJWs and Alt-Right.

CapAquaPis

6) Gen Z is depressed.

1. Gen Z are currently in their 20s and entering or briefly above legal adult age, they believe themselves are more educated than previous ones. Its wrong to falsely call out their (great-/grand) parents are the real or true stupids, however, the gen Z cohort were raised in a different era with its own moral relativism, social ethos and existential problems , and gen Z priorities aren't the same like a generation or 2 or thrice (a rare yet real term I picked up online in my 20s) ago...I'm 41 entering 42 and we were in between the Boomers and Zs growing up in past fads, socialized and resocialized, and influenced by our parents trends: hippie liberal, yuppie conservative and memories of being alive in both different (20th and 21st) centuries and millennias.

2. Gen X were too in the early 1990s and Boomers in the late 1960s, but the cultural, social, economic and personal experiences of Gen Z are different in the 2020s when covid, social justice and global climate change are real issues, threats and concerns when they just became adults tries to figure out what to do and to survive in the worst years in recent memory...let the Gen Z figure all of this out and suffering an experience like 2020-21-22 will build character.