US - a Uranian Country

CapAquaPis

Looking ahead, will the 2020s be a rather golden age ahead in the USA? We look back to the great booms of the 1920s, 1950s-60s and 1980s-90s with teary-eyed nostalgia, warm memories and a strong romantic longing to go back in time to a peak of our country. It's if things are so bad today, we want to take a time travel trip to the past, esp. when our parents were young and probably when both my grandparents were alive (the Great Depression and during ww2). All I know is we had a war on terror a declining middle class in the 2000s-10s.

But the 1950s-60s was rife with racism like Jim Crow and sexism by women often told to not work outside the home, the 1920s was a time of anti-semitism and nativism against i.e. Irish catholics by open vicious bigotry against Jews and immigrants processed at Ellis Island and in my childhood of the 1980s-90s, it was hard to be autistic and genderfluid, and like the 1920s and 50s-60s, our culture had lotta ageism, classism and sizeism when we're now more focused on and emphasize social justice than even the radical-liberal phase in the 70s.

Now, what about Uranus' current placement in Taurus which is square to the ruling sign Aquarius? It is indeed opposite Scorpio where the green planet was in during the late 1970s. We're not sure when Uranus was in Aquarius from 1995-2002 was giving the USA the ultimate or maximum positive energies.

CapAquaPis

The 1880s-1910s (after reconstruction ended in 1877 to our entry in WW1 in 1917) is an interesting four-decade period in the USA: the Gilded Age (1877-87), then the last decade of the Victorian age (1887-97), the Gay (as in happy) Nineties (1897-1900), and the turn of the (20th) century which is sometimes called the Industrial Revolution (1901-08) and the Progressive era (1909-16).

The planet Uranus was in Libra and Scorpio in the 1890s, esp. 1893-96 was when the panic of 1893 triggered an economic depression in the middle of a widely remembered decade in a large percentage of the later 20th century. And there are good and warm memories of living through the 1970s, a difficult time for the USA began with the Vietnam War, then Watergate, the OPEC embargo, Stagflation and the Iranian hostage standoff in the last 2 months of the 1970s.

And Uranus was also in Aquarius in the 1910s, based on its average 84 years of orbit in the solar system. Info from Google: Uranus was in Aquarius from February 1912 until January 1920 (7 years, 12 months) and for 2 months in the spring of 1995 and from January 1996 to January 2003 for 7 years sharp, dignified in the sign it rules giving originality, invention, scientific advance, revolutionary changes, independent and radical social movements and organization. Uranus was in Aquarius a little longer in July-Dec. 2003.

Cold Fusion

Tim, I think this would be good to cross check with your chart:

When did In God We Trust replace E pluribus unum?

On July 30, 1956, the 84th Congress passed a joint resolution "declaring IN GOD WE TRUST the national motto of the United States." The resolution passed both the House and the Senate unanimously and without debate. It replaced E pluribus unum, which had existed before as a de facto official motto.

wilsontc

Staff member
Tim, I think this would be good to cross check with your chart...On July 30, 1956, the 84th Congress passed a joint resolution "declaring IN GOD WE TRUST the national motto of the United States." The resolution passed both the House and the Senate unanimously and without debate. It replaced E pluribus unum, which had existed before as a de facto official motto.

Cold Fusion,

If nothing else, this indicates how THOROUGHLY government and religion were tied to together in the 50s. By the end of the 60s this deep belief in religion was undermined in the US and, to preserve their dwindling numbers of believers, US churches started turning away from the spiritual and towards the secular.

While this isn't a large enough of an event to show up as a major transit and so be useful for testing the Cornwallis chart against others, in the Cornwallis chart there are significant transits to and from the planets of religion (Jupiter) and spirituality (Neptune), suggesting a strong interest in religion at the time.

Following up,

Tim

Attachments

• Official US Motto Creation.jpg
    Official US Motto Creation.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 39

waybread

Which Christian denominations do you mean, Tim? There are major differences between them. Some always had a practical bent (Salvation Army, Dutch Reformed.) The Mormons (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) stress both practicality and spirituality. The charismatic evangelical churches are different yet again.

Vulcan

Actually if you go down this route, it was not independent after Yorktown. That happened after the final ratification of the peace treaty. Even the wartime recognition by France was conditional, subject to a peace settlement. Liberty in my view is Jupiter not Uranus (that's fascism). In the civil war, both sides claimed to be for liberty, and the same is to some degree still true of the parties (freedom from government or freedom from capitalists/oligarchs).

david starling

Actually if you go down this route, it was not independent after Yorktown. That happened after the final ratification of the peace treaty. Even the wartime recognition by France was conditional, subject to a peace settlement. Liberty in my view is Jupiter not Uranus (that's fascism). In the civil war, both sides claimed to be for liberty, and the same is to some degree still true of the parties (freedom from government or freedom from capitalists/oligarchs).

Can you explain fascism relative to Uranus? The Aquarian symbol :aquarius: isn't two lightening bolts as in the SS insignia, it's dual waves of mental energy. (If that's what it's about).

Vulcan

Can you explain fascism relative to Uranus? The Aquarian symbol :aquarius: isn't two lightening bolts as in the SS insignia, it's dual waves of mental energy. (If that's what it's about).

Fascism in my book is what was practised in Italy, Spain and several East European countries (including Poland, enemy of Germany) in the 30s. Charateristics are nationalism, self-sufficiency and anti-communism. Characteristics of Nazism (Pluto) are domination and extermination (although it began as fascism). To me it's significant that Franco did not join Hitler in WW2, despite being invited and having been helped to power by him. The US has some fascist elements, but it's not a dominant trait (at least so far).

As for Aquarius, I consider Saturn sole ruler of that sign. The ancients could not see Uranus, so they replaced it with the Sun (the Sun rules Leo the sign of dictatorship and exalts in Aries the sign of nationalism/isolationism).

david starling

Fascism in my book is what was practised in Italy, Spain and several East European countries (including Poland, enemy of Germany) in the 30s. Charateristics are nationalism, self-sufficiency and anti-communism. Characteristics of Nazism (Pluto) are domination and extermination (although it began as fascism). To me it's significant that Franco did not join Hitler in WW2, despite being invited and having been helped to power by him. The US has some fascist elements, but it's not a dominant trait (at least so far).

As for Aquarius, I consider Saturn sole ruler of that sign. The ancients could not see Uranus, so they replaced it with the Sun (the Sun rules Leo the sign of dictatorship and exalts in Aries the sign of nationalism/isolationism).

Do you consider Uranus an astrological planet? You mentioned Pluto, so what's up with Uranus as a Sign-ruler?

Vulcan

Do you consider Uranus an astrological planet? You mentioned Pluto, so what's up with Uranus as a Sign-ruler?

Due to the confusion of the ancient and medieval astrologers, I currently consider Uranus a co-ruler of Leo (although the Sun is not strictly speaking a planet and should not rule anything but represent the sum total).

david starling

Due to the confusion of the ancient and medieval astrologers, I currently consider Uranus a co-ruler of Leo (although the Sun is not strictly speaking a planet and should not rule anything but represent the sum total).

You're an independent thinker! I respect that.

So, are you agreeing with the thread title?

Vulcan

You're an independent thinker! I respect that.

So, are you agreeing with the thread title?

If I did, I would be saying the US is fascist, which I already said I don't think is the case (although it has co-operated with fascist regimes in the past, and is a world leader in IT). Aquarius rules both democracy and America as a geographic entity (not just a nation-state), Ptolemy and others divided the Earth geographcally by signs. And capitalism is the opposite of fascism, and more fortunate for the US as well.

david starling

If I did, I would be saying the US is fascist, which I already said I don't think is the case (although it has co-operated with fascist regimes in the past, and is a world leader in IT). Aquarius rules both democracy and America as a geographic entity (not just a nation-state), Ptolemy and others divided the Earth geographcally by signs. And capitalism is the opposite of fascism, and more fortunate for the US as well.

So, the U.S. as a Saturnian-ruled nation?

david starling

The Sibley chart so many are using has the Pluto return on December 27th of next year, at 27 degrees 33 minutes Cap, Retro.

The Cornwallis chart has it four years later, on January 2nd, 2027, at 4 degrees 24 minutes Aqua, Direct.

Both charts have a Sagittarius Ascendant, which I believe is essential.

John Human

All,

Recently I was thinking about the US birth chart and it occurred to me it makes NO sense to create a chart for the signing Declaration of Independence.

Hello wilsontc and whoever else:
I have to agree that July 4 was not the date of actual independence. My 200-page Master's Thesis highlights the original independence resolution of May 15, 1776, which "totally suppressed" royal authority and instructed the newborn states to write their constitutions, which most of them promptly did, citing or quoting this May 15 independence resolution as their authority for doing so. The May 15 resolution (Philadelphia at 5:00 p.m.) cited "reason and good conscience" -- the paired authorities for translating natural-law principles into judicial decisions -- as its authority for breaking the ties to the King of England. This independence resolution also contains a definition of "happiness," instantly overthrowing the dominant scholarly view about the meaning of the Declaration of Independence.

It would appear that this U.S. horoscope (Philadelphia, May 15, 1776, 5:00 p.m.) works like clockwork, with repeated tight correlations with both historical and current events. I've shared a lot about this both at the astro.com forum and at OPA.