Monthly “General” (i.e., ALL Signs) Horoscopes

Doctor T

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hey![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Writing a Monthly Solar Sign Horoscope for a Sign is straight forward. First, one places the First House at 0 degrees of the Sign. And, then, one progresses the Chart till the end of the month.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]All along, one notes the significant Astrological Events that occur during the month and write about them. For example, one may “match” the Significations of a Planet to the Significations of a House and write about them. For instance, one may say, if Saturn (Direct) is in the Second House during the whole month, it is likely that there are some type of money-related challenges.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]But, for writing Monthly “General” (i.e., ALL Signs) Horoscopes, I do not know if the Houses play a role and, if they do, I do not know how to include them.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For example, if Saturn (Direct) is in Cancer during the whole month, one knows that “something” challenging will likely happen to Cancerians. But what? In what Area of Life? There is no reference to Houses.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can you help?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Dr. T[/FONT]

Osamenor

Staff member
Are you talking about personal horoscopes or mundane horoscopes? Those are different things.

A mundane horoscope would be for everyone, no matter what "their" sign is. In a mundane horoscope, you simply mention the kind of transit energy that's in the air. That includes transiting planets forming aspects, changing signs, the phase of the moon, that kind of thing. The general mood will be dreamier when the moon moves into Pisces, revved up when Mars moves into Aries, probably explosive when Mars squares Uranus, and it's going to be felt everywhere. If you're writing a mundane horoscope, you focus on that. No houses needed.

Individuals are more affected by a transit if it touches a sensitive point in their chart than if it doesn't. But what the sensitive points are can't be determined by sun sign, unless the sun itself is the sensitive point. If, for example, there's a major transit between 2 and 4 degrees Aquarius this month, people with a placement in those degrees of Aquarius, Leo, Taurus, or Scorpio will feel it the strongest. If that placement is their sun, you can determine the dates the sun is in those degrees and say, "If your birthday is (dates), this one is especially pertinent to you."

However, that doesn't cover people who have a placement other than the sun on those degrees, and you can't determine who those people are without doing their complete birth charts. That also doesn't cover Aquariuses, Leos, Tauruses, and Scorpios whose suns are outside those degrees.

In the same vein, sun sign astrologers usually don't use houses because houses are determined by the ascendant, and there's no way to determine anyone's ascendant without knowing their exact date, time, and place of birth. There is a less perfect house technique that can be used with sun sign astrology: whole sign solar houses. In that technique, you consider the sun sign to be the first house, the sign after it to be the second, and so on. Then you can make house based predictions: for example, if there's a lot of planetary activity in Scorpio, you say something about personal finances for Libra (second house), something about friends and associates for Capricorn (eleventh), and something about romance or partnership for Taurus (seventh).

But there's no way that prediction is going to be true for everyone with those sun signs. The solar house system doesn't take into account where the individual's actual houses are and doesn't take their planetary placements into account, either. Those factors are much more relevant to how transits actually work than sun sign.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Hey!
Writing a Monthly Solar Sign Horoscope for a Sign is straight forward.
First, one places the First House at 0 degrees of the Sign.
And, then, one progresses the Chart till the end of the month.
All along, one notes the significant Astrological Events that occur during the month and write about them. For example, one may “match” the Significations of a Planet to the Significations of a House and write about them. For instance, one may say, if Saturn (Direct) is in the Second House during the whole month, it is likely that there are some type of money-related challenges.
But, for writing Monthly “General” (i.e., ALL Signs) Horoscopes, I do not know if the Houses play a role and, if they do, I do not know how to include them.
For example, if Saturn (Direct) is in Cancer during the whole month, one knows that “something” challenging will likely happen to Cancerians. But what? In what Area of Life? There is no reference to Houses.
Can you help?
Thank you!
Dr. T
As in all MUNDANE ASTROLOGY work
the meanings of the planets

and houses

need to be adapted to the circumstances of a nation
rather than an individual.
wh.gif

Mundane astrology is the study of heavenly cycles
upon groups and nations :smile:
The affairs of a nation can be judged
from the horoscope set up at the time of its official inauguration
the birth chart of its leader
and various phenomena such as eclipses, lunations, great conjunctions,
stations, comets and ingresses.

Deborah Houlding

Doctor T

Are you talking about personal horoscopes or mundane horoscopes? Those are different things.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hey OsaMenor![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your detailed response.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Although I am a “newbie,” I know a bit about (1) Individual Horoscopes using he Ascendant and about (2) Group Horoscopes using a Whole House System and placing the First House at 0 degrees of the Solar Sign. But, as you said, I suspected that for “General” (i.e., ALL Signs) Horoscopes, there is NO accepted methodology for using Houses.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I think is difficult to write about “energies” caused by Ingresses, Moon Phases, and Planetary Aspects. Unfortunately, for my purpose, I have to write “General” (i.e., ALL Signs) Horoscopes as a “trampoline” for offereing advice on Personal Development and Self Improvement.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I your reply you said “... [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The general mood will be dreamier when the Moon moves into Pisces, revved up when Mars moves into Aries, probably explosive when Mars squares Uranus.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I believe that you focused on the Planets' Significations, not the Signs' Significations. Am I right?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Do you have any suggestions on how to embellish what I write?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Dr. T[/FONT]

Doctor T

As in all MUNDANE ASTROLOGY work
the meanings of the planets and houses

Hey Deborah!

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I am planning to write Monthly "General' (i.e., ALL Signs) Horoscopes for the Web. And, as OsaMenor, said, there is no accepted methodology for including Houses.'

Dr. T

Osamenor

Staff member
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I believe that you focused on the Planets' Significations, not the Signs' Significations. Am I right?[/FONT]

Both. It's a matter of fitting the planet and sign together and knowing which to emphasize when. Mars in Pisces is a differently flavored Mars from Mars in Gemini, but if your focus is on a Mars square to Saturn, that's a whole other note.

To be qualified to write horoscopes for the web, you need to know how to do that. If you don't, then you need to acquire that skill before you're ready for the job.

JUPITERASC

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Hey OsaMenor!
Thank you for your detailed response.
Although I am a “newbie,” I know a bit about (1) Individual Horoscopes using he Ascendant and about (2) Group Horoscopes using a Whole House System and placing the First House at 0 degrees of the Solar Sign. But, as you said, I suspected that for “General” (i.e., ALL Signs) Horoscopes,
there is NO accepted methodology for using Houses.

In Mundane astrology there IS an accepted methodology for using Houses :smile:

I think is difficult to write about “energies” caused by Ingresses, Moon Phases, and Planetary Aspects.

Then you are not pracitisng Mundane astrology
Mundane astrology specifically focuses on Ingresses, Moon phases, et al

Unfortunately, for my purpose, I have to write “General” (i.e., ALL Signs) Horoscopes as a “trampoline” for offereing advice on Personal Development and Self Improvement.
That's a form of prediction popularised by newspaper and magazine

I your reply you said “... The general mood will be dreamier when the Moon moves into Pisces, revved up when Mars moves into Aries, probably explosive when Mars squares Uranus.”
I believe that you focused on the Planets' Significations, not the Signs' Significations. Am I right?
Do you have any suggestions on how to embellish what I write?
Dr. T
To be qualified to write horoscopes for the web, you need to know how to do that. If you don't, then you need to acquire that skill before you're ready for the job.