Help with understanding composite significance

HarmonE

I have no experience with composite charts. After pouring over the synastry chart of a relationship I was curious what the composite chart might look like. Seems rather extreme to this untrained eye. Anyone care to comment?

Attachments

• compostie2.gif
    compostie2.gif
    55.5 KB · Views: 25

katydid

wow. No kidding. Looks a bit extreme. Tight T-square to Saturn in Cancer in the 8th, Yod to Mars in Taurus in the 6th and the Lunar Nodes exactly upon the Asc/Desc axis/ , with the South Node on the Desc.

That Saturn looks very severe. It is exactly squaring the Moon/Venus in Libra in the 11th. Do your two sets of friends dislike each other? Is it hard to make your social circles/communities get along with each other?

The Saturn squares The Sun, Pluto, Mercury Jupiter, the Moon and Venus , Uranus and Chiron. What is that all about? Is it a long distance relationship? Big age difference? I hope it is something liker that and not a big gap in feelings/emotions/commitment…

The Saturn is challenging everything from the 8th house. Intense challenges with shared resources and sexuality….are there conflicting goals between you?

Last edited:

katydid

Pt 2:

I just reread your post and I am not sure if this is your relationship or not so I am not sure if I can ask you a question about it. But IF it was yours, I would ask who the Saturn was. If you are the one in control then I would ask you to step back a bit. But somehow I think it might be the other person and not the one looking at the meaning of composite chart. lol

I feel like the older/authoritarian type individual does not want to ask a lot of questions about the power structure in this relationship. They probably want the status quo and want things to remain uneven, unequal and unbalanced.

The Saturn is challenging from the 8th so there is a power imbalance in Scorpio type energy. Shared resources, finances, distribution of resources and sexual energy. It is very hard to negotiate some of these things calmly or kindly.:alien:

HarmonE

Pt 2:

I just reread your post and I am not sure if this is your relationship or not so I am not sure if I can ask you a question about it. But IF it was yours, I would ask who the Saturn was. If you are the one in control then I would ask you to step back a bit. But somehow I think it might be the other person and not the one looking at the meaning of composite chart. lol

I feel like the older/authoritarian type individual does not want to ask a lot of questions about the power structure in this relationship. They probably want the status quo and want things to remain uneven, unequal and unbalanced.

The Saturn is challenging from the 8th so there is a power imbalance in Scorpio type energy. Shared resources, finances, distribution of resources and sexual energy. It is very hard to negotiate some of these things calmly or kindly.:alien:

Is there still a person who embodies one of the planets in a composite chart? You ask which person was the Saturn. Yes you are correct, this is a relationship of mine and yes I would say the other person had all the control.

The synastry has some hard aspects but many good as well. Chiron actually sits quite favorably in synastry and most of our personal planets are in trine or conjunct. But there is a mars(hers) oppose mercury, Saturn (hers) square Sun, Pluto(hers) square Venus and our ascendants are a tight square.

The composite though seems much more dire. Do you find it gives valuable info the synastry can't?
I don't really resonate much with difficulties with resources or sex so not sure the 8th house connection. It was by far the most intense relationship for me and she says the same.

Troubles combining social circles was definitely there though. It was part of the final straw that made me finally leave. I virtually had no contact with her friends. In 3.5 years I had met only a couple and we never hung out together. She did meet a bunch of my friends and managed a couple functions at my insisting. But that and the fact most of her friends were exes just got to me. It was a weird dynamic.

HarmonE

The Saturn squares The Sun, Pluto, Mercury Jupiter, the Moon and Venus , Uranus and Chiron. What is that all about? Is it a long distance relationship? Big age difference? I hope it is something liker that and not a big gap in feelings/emotions/commitment…

Don't know honestly ..not long distance, 7.5 year age difference, commitment was ok, but emotions were intense on both ends of the spectrum. And communication was horrendous. I honestly don't think we effectively worked through anything together. So challenging when things came up because they just became bigger and bigger.

katydid

Is there still a person who embodies one of the planets in a composite chart? You ask which person was the Saturn. Yes you are correct, this is a relationship of mine and yes I would say the other person had all the control.

The synastry has some hard aspects but many good as well. Chiron actually sits quite favorably in synastry and most of our personal planets are in trine or conjunct. But there is a mars(hers) oppose mercury, Saturn (hers) square Sun, Pluto(hers) square Venus and our ascendants are a tight square.

The composite though seems much more dire. Do you find it gives valuable info the synastry can't?
I don't really resonate much with difficulties with resources or sex so not sure the 8th house connection. It was by far the most intense relationship for me and she says the same.

Troubles combining social circles was definitely there though. It was part of the final straw that made me finally leave. I virtually had no contact with her friends. In 3.5 years I had met only a couple and we never hung out together. She did meet a bunch of my friends and managed a couple functions at my insisting. But that and the fact most of her friends were exes just got to me. It was a weird dynamic.

The Saturn in the 8th is the key to this composite it seems. So I did a little digging to see others descriptions. This one seemed interesting:

Composite Saturn in the 8th House...
A feeling that each person in the relationship is responsible for the other's emotional fulfillment is a predominant factor when Saturn is in the eighth house of a composite chart. With this placement, there is a deep, almost unconscious belief that each of you need the other to feel complete. The eighth house represents the death of your individual ego, which you sacrifice in order to merge with another person and become one with them. You do this on every level. In this house of intimate relationships, you expect to merge as a couple emotionally, sexually and financially. You share your bodies in sex and bring them together as though they are one. Your finances merge and you own property jointly. You also merge emotionally and rely on each other for full emotional support. This is a quite a large undertaking and with the serious planet of Saturn here, it can feel like a huge responsibility. It can be too much for some people and the heaviness of the relationship can make it feel like a restrictive burden. However, if you don't allow Saturn to overwhelm you, you can enjoy the reliable and solid feeling Saturn brings. It makes you both dependable and willing to sacrifice a great deal for each other.
http://www.southfloridaastrologer.com/composite-saturn-in-the-houses.html

That synastry sounds a bit difficult and severe too. Mars opposed Mercury, Saturn square Sun, Pluto square Venus? Yikes. Maybe it sounds worse that it was since you have nice aspects too. But it seems like she is pretty controlling and intense. It sounds like she set up the boundaries and the rules and you had to abide by them or else she'd withhold her affection/love[Pluto sq Vnus, Saturn sq Sun] Also, the Mars opposed Mercury might have been a bit volatile and you probably have to watch your words to avoid arguments etc. I might be over stating it because of the severe looking composite. :pouty:

The social circles of each of you are represented by the 11th house cluster that is squaring the Saturn. The reason I asked about meeting each others friends is because it gives us a clue about the Saturn persons willingness to 'open up' and introduce everyone to her partner. But it became a bone of contention between you both because she refused to do so. In essence it was a subtle way of 'rejecting' you by not bringing you in more closely during that 3 and a half years. It is another way of controlling the situation---by keeping you out of the loop. I could be wrong but thats just what comes to mind...:sad:

HarmonE

The Saturn in the 8th is the key to this composite it seems. So I did a little digging to see others descriptions. This one seemed interesting:

Composite Saturn in the 8th House...
A feeling that each person in the relationship is responsible for the other's emotional fulfillment is a predominant factor when Saturn is in the eighth house of a composite chart...

That synastry sounds a bit difficult and severe too....

The social circles of each of you are represented by the 11th house cluster that is squaring the Saturn. ..:sad:

Thanks for looking into this! It all sounds rather difficult doesn't it?!? Well, I think my overly optimistic jupiter dominant natal coupled with a saturn oppose neptune does make it hard for me to see what is really going on when things aren't all that fantastic. A bit naive I think.

Maybe it was that emotional dependency that fueled it, that is possible. I can see how I was there to nurture that in her. My emotional dependency is harder to see but I still feel a deep loss even though this relationship was so disastrous so I think it is fair to say I was emotionally dependent as well.

So I'm understanding that the composite outlines the combined themes of a relationship. And in this instance, control by way of a hard aspecting saturn to most of the personal planets would be the dominant theme. This was very much true and less evident (but still there) in the synastry chart. Thats pretty interesting :happy:

rahu

Banned
I agree with the points made so far.
the Saturn Tsquare with chiron and Venus show a domineering man who wants to control.

the node is conjunct the ascendant. in a composite chart this shows a psychic connection between you. but both sides have want a balanced and intimate relationship for this aspect to be constructive. in this composite because of his controlling nature, instead of sensing a psychic connection, it is more likely that he will try to control you ideas and thoughts. probably arguments will arise here instead of intimate mental/psychic awareness.

rahu

HarmonE

I agree with the points made so far.
the Saturn Tsquare with chiron and Venus show a domineering man who wants to control.

the node is conjunct the ascendant. in a composite chart this shows a psychic connection between you. but both sides have want a balanced and intimate relationship for this aspect to be constructive. in this composite because of his controlling nature, instead of sensing a psychic connection, it is more likely that he will try to control you ideas and thoughts. probably arguments will arise here instead of intimate mental/psychic awareness.

rahu

Thanks for your help rahu. It is so strange to me that you can squash two charts together into one and have it be representative of the dynamics of two different people relating. Does anyone else think this?

But, I have to admit it does seem to have a real definitive flavor of the relationship as I knew it. The control, the conflicts and also the karmic almost psychic link.