Forgiveness -what signs/aspects

Teddybull

Have a co-worker, who attends mass weekly, teaches catachism, devoted to her religion... I almost think she might of been a nun in her previous incarnation. Hard worker, great morals, good kids..... one problem... she is totally unforgiving and uncompassionate. She's a Taurus. She also has a chip on her shoulder about being perfect.

I would think the fixed signs hold on to a grudge the longest, but I know leo's and aquarians who have forgiven and moved on. I am thinking it's a bit more difficult for Taurus and Scorp to forgive.

Regarding planets and aspects, I would think strong pluto aspects to personal planets makes one unforgiving, however, neptune would do the opposite and cause forgiveness. I would think strong saturn aspects would cause bitterness, however, many caps I know have moved on without resentment after being burned. What are your feelings?

2rainbows

this is the danger inherent in religion. Christian's always like to condemn and conveniently forget about the teaching to forgive. it is hard to deal with this in Christian's too, because they are so stuck in their victimized teaching. this is also why divorce is so prevalent among Christian's; they are taught to do as they say, not as they do; and it is our inheritance to want what we are told not to do. i do think the Christian's have it down for being the most hypocritical on earth; of course this is the religion i'm most learned about.
2rainbows

unukalhai

I associate forgiveness/compassion mainly with Neptune/Pisces, but also with the Moon/Cancer. It is certainly a water-element thing, yet fixed Pluto/Scorpio has a harder time forgiving and moving on, as it tends to express itself in a more aggressive manner.

The 12th house is where we forgive. We've made the round through the zodiac, and are ready for a new beginning, so we must wash away the residue, put the past behind us, and move on. Such is the nature of forgiveness. Neptune is the natural ruler of the 12th.

Forgiveness is also a form of dissolution, a concept strongly associated with Neptune/Pisces/the 12th - We dissolve our hard feelings, washing them clean in the cosmic ocean, a process symbolically shown by the baptism with water.

... As far as most self-righteousness churchgoers these days, I don't even classify them as religious. I wouldn't defile true faith by lumping them in with it. I could go on a tirade about their lack of devotion and application of the teachings, but I think you already understand ;)

Last edited:

Teddybull

Agree about Cancers. I have found most to be forgiving. You would of thought this sign would of held on and nurtured a bad situation! I have also found with my cancer friends, that once a friend, always a friend. They are very personal and you feel very special about being in their list of friends (which is very intimate).... And yes, they are cranky at times!

I agree about the 12th house and neptune. Haven't thought about Sag..... This woman who I was speaking about also has a Scorp asc and Cap moon (conj Jupiter and wide conjunction with Saturn). Neptune is placed in her 12th.

Teddybull

Agree 2Rainbows. As wonderful as a mom this woman is (spending quality time with them, knowing their friends, being on every school committee, taking them to games, teaching them sewing and lifeskills) she is unbeatable. However, she calls her kids in college every Sunday to know if they are in church. I believe she would disown her children if they decided to venture out and seek new understanding. She would have Zero tolerance for that. As much as I respect her other values, I am grateful not coming into that incarnation.

unukalhai

Intersting on Sag, given how Jupiter is, that does make sense.

And yes, narrowmindedness is very constrictive and just no good. I have some folks in my family that are somewhat like that, needless to say they don't know my philosophies;)

Frisiangal

Teddybull said:
.Regarding planets and aspects, I would think strong pluto aspects to personal planets makes one unforgiving, however, neptune would do the opposite and cause forgiveness. I would think strong saturn aspects would cause bitterness, however, many caps I know have moved on without resentment after being burned. What are your feelings?

Forgiving is an act, and acts are functions of a planet. Neptune encompasses the act of forgiving, which is only possible after Uranus has broken down the wall of the old patterns held by Saturn. Saturn implies guilt. As long as someone thinks or believes another is guilty of a negative act towards them and is engulfed by that belief, they can never reach the stage of Uranus; the ability to re-form. The past itself cannot be changed but an individual CAN change the way they re-view it. When the change occurs, the past can be dissolved by Neptune. Forgiving and forgetting becomes a natural part of that dissolution, after which Pluto can allow total destruction of the effect the old ways had upon one, and a rebirth of 'starting all over again' can begin.

I was taught that there is a theme in the order of planets (and signs), and the functions of the planets are 'stepping stones' towards conscious awareness. Moreover, it's an up-and-down process of expression at an ever-rising level, like a spiral. What you take in, you give out. One may believe to have reached 'consciousness' but if one's life revolves around e.g. 'personal love', the next step in expressing Mars (action) and Jupiter (growth) etc. within one's self becomes difficult.

Just my 2 cents.

F.

Belgianmoonguy

I would also think of Jupiter/ Neptune/ Pisces/ Sagittarius

As for Cancer...
Don't know
In general this could be true, but i have a hard time forgiving
but i have a strong Taurus - Scorpio ax...

Lissa

I believe Jupiter plays a important role in this forgiveness thing.

Jupiter is the"move on with your life"planet.It has an optimistic nature and an eye on the horizon.From what I read on the Internet,people with easy Jupiter aspects are warmhearted and easy going.So I believe positive aspects from Jupiter to the personal planets/ascendant would make a person understand that people aren't perfect and therefore make mistakes,that people are good in their essence and should have as much oportunities as possible.

I agree that Pisces and Neptune also play an important role in all this.But I believe that,with Neptune and Pisces,things are just more intense and emotional and the pain is felt more deeply than with a lighthearted Jupiter.Pisces/Neptune forgiveness takes time to come.People with strong Neptune aspects or an emphasis on Pisces on their charts only forgive once they had the time to calm down their emotions,once they have "digested"the pain they experienced.But,once they forgive,they do it with all their hearts.

I agree with all of you that Scorpio/Taurus are the most unforgiving signs of all.I have a friend with Sun/Moon conjunct Pluto in Scorpio.She forgives,but she does never forget.All Taurus I know simply don't know what "forgiveness" means.I have a Taurus friend who took three years to forgive something that to me wouldn't even be a problem.

I have a crazy theory about air signs.Air signs are the most cold ones and the one sthat are least in tune with their emotions.I was thinking that maybe people with strong air in their charts would just be too away from their emotions,so other people wouldn't even get the chance to hit their hearts,since it's their brain rulling their emotions.Well,this probably doesn't make any sense,so feel free to tell me that I'm alucinating:p

I have Sun/Moon/Mercury in Aries trining my Jupiter in Leo(my Sun is actually in the last degrees of Pisces,so most people don't even consider it a trine).No one can truly hurt me;only the people who I truly love.Anyone can annoy me,and I react with anger whenever someone upsets me,but then ten minutes later I don't even remember what happened lol.Most of the things people do don't even get to hit me in the heart,so I forget whatever happened just shortly after.There are only two people in this world who can leave a scar on my heart,and those are my parents.

business voodoo

well ... i don't know if my post on the "revenge" thread got lost or what ... but i see 'forgiveness' as the counter to 'revenge'.

both of which i see as a product of the libra/aries axis and the venus/mars relationship and interaction.

libra, the scales of justice, decides when justice demands equity or can pardon inequity. and therefore, with venus as its ruler, venus decides what action must be taken ... and hands it off to aries who "makes it so" through mars.

as mars is usually seen as anger or aggression, it is not necessarily the planet of anger as much as it is the planet of action ... either take revenge or grant forgiveness ... after the decision has been made by venus.

so ... if that other post was lost, this was the gist of it on the subject of 'revenge' and 'foregiveness' ...

AquarianEssence

Since you've mentioned all the planets in the most noticable aspect in my chart, and it came up in my thread in the Medical forum, I thought I'd share. I have Jupiter-Uranus in Cancer/12th square Neptune-Venus in Libra/3rd. Only Jupiter square Venus is applying. Ur. sq Ne. by converse progression just completed its 1* waning so the whole bundle has matured. I have spent most of my life being overly generous and pushing any wrongs out of my mind only to have them resurface just as this was completing by converse probression during the last few years. I am a very loving and forgiving person but what I've learned is if you give for (forgive) another when they are capable of giving for themselves you deprive that person of needed growth and encourage co-dependancy. I think the most healthy way to approach a wrong is to love without boundaries while respecting the need for physical boundaries at times. If everyone was "forgiven" their debts, who would forgive those that took the loss? If every one filed bankruptsy, who would bail out the banks? Turning the other cheek, I don't think, means to accept the wrong as right or to allow the relationship to continue unchecked. Missing the mark demands correction and if we don't acknowledge the target we never grow and mature.

Perhaps the reason many of our Christian family and friends are so hypocritical is that they approach life from the basis that Jesus will do it for them so they don't have to. Often they treat people, not the way they want to be treated, but the way they feel they deserve to be treated because they are convincing themselves the savior already paid the price and they don't have to do the work. Therefore, they judge blindly and harshly, those that are mirroring for them exactly what they are doing themselves, or at least they see what they project, whether true of the person or not.

During the completion of this aspect in my chart, I was fired by my brother (3rd house) and not paid what I was owed. He gave me instruction, as his office manager to involve myself in his divorce and lie to the Friend of the court concerning insurance benefits of his company because he didn't want to "cover" his children properly. I send him light and love but do not forget his debt to me. If he "couldn't" pay and was too mentally handicapped to know truth from lie that would be different, but he can and does. For me to give for him would have meant that I take on his burden which would multiply it, not erase it.

It may have been appropriate for Jesus to bear the sins of the world 2000 years ago, but no longer. It is time we move into the Aquarian mentality where we can love our neighbor as ourselves and we love ourselves truely, knowing we are all of God.

AquarianEssence

unukalhai "I wonder if those two states of being ( forgiveness & unconditional love) are actually somehow two parts of a larger whole? Hmmm."

Absolutely. We can love unconditionally because love is without boundaries. We can love the person even when their behavior is not lovable or deserving of love. We can love the person and reject the deed without bitterness or grudge. We love our children in the midst of their childish behaviour, don't we? The fixed signs have a harder time because energy doesn't move as quickly or easily. Taurus must take her time and involve all her senses and learn the value, Scorpio must feel it as intensily and deeply as possible and share it, Aquarius must "know" it in every way possible and Leo must parade it around for a while.

AquarianEssence

You're quite welcome. It comes from a void Scorpio Moon raised by parents with a lot of fixed energy and marriage for most of my life to the same. It's also interesting that my first 3 sons joined with their dad's fixed Sun to form a fixed grand cross. Ouch. The Taurus has always remained loving though.

Claire19

Neptune is the planet of forgiveness and unconditional love in its truest form and connected to the Moon and Venus in a good aspect will bring this. Neptune challenging aspects mean that this is a lesson to be learned, compassion for others and sympathy.

Cancer can hold onto hurts and has a long memory for these. They can withdraw and sulk. Challenging aspects of the Moon similarly.

Pluto/Scorpio is another unforgiving influence and will plot and plan revenge no matter how long it takes. The challenge there is to rise about the baser emotions and effect a major transformation on the psychological level. This is not easy. and must be recognised in order to be managed.

Saturn/Capricorn can be bitter and rigid especially about the proper way to do things and the issue of respect and authority.

Jupiter in aspect can enlarge, exaggerate and expand whatever it touches.

Claire

Claire19

Oh yes, Taurus as a fixed sign can be stubborn but not essentially mean or nasty and takes a lot to be roused. Leo as a fixed sign can be proud and egotistical. Scorpio as fixed can be devious, intense and power mad.
FIxed signs in general take a lot to change their ideas and emotions but can be stable and reliable, with great strength. I have problems sometimes with viewing Aquarius as a fixed sign I must say........

Claire

Carole

It seems to me that forgiveness is linked to compassion, hence it should be shown by a strong Neptune's influence in the chart, easy aspects to the Moon, Uranus and Saturn and a mutable predominance.

Just my thoughts.

Carole.

Claire19

I agree that forgiveness has to have an element of compassion and identifing where the other person is coming from. If Neptune is linked to Saturn then it means inherently having to learn that lesson, otherwise it can be a hardening and rigidity in that area. As for Uranus aspect to Neptune they are both outer generational planets and dont describe an individual personal experience. Can be indicative of say one country forgiving another country's debt for instance. It would be a global aspect rather.

Interesting Neptune in Aquarius and Uranus in Pisces right now. Mutual reception.

Claire