Do u have planets 2nd or 4th???

Does anyone have Sun, moon, Venus and/or merc in 2nd house or 4th house. Would you care to explain how you feel these planets operate. Not aspects, just deposited and house meanings. I have Ceres conj Mercury in 4th and am very much homebody.

What i'm looking for is heavily occupied 2nd house planets and you feel they fit or mean in that house.

In Equal v placidus thread i have 3planets in 4th house, moon in 3rd. All these except merc go into 2nd house in Placidus and merc in 3rd (but conj 2ndcusp). I really cannot make the connection or identify with my planets in 2nd house, but CAN identify with everything in 4th....

2nd house research then..
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_dgsecdhouse_e.htm
http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrology/interpreting/houses/house2.html
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/secondhouse.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_astrology#The_houses

Also on these sites can be found 4th house matters.

Last edited by a moderator:

hiimnotcool

I have Mercury, Venus, and Mars in the 4th house/Leo. I don't feel them operating at all. Pretty much every interpretation i've seen about these planets in the 4th I have never really felt influenced me. Weird.

hiimnotcool said:
I have Mercury, Venus, and Mars in the 4th house/Leo. I don't feel them operating at all. Pretty much every interpretation i've seen about these planets in the 4th I have never really felt influenced me. Weird.

which house system are you using?
venus=wherever you get and give pleasure, do you like entertaining having people around, visit your house?
Mars= physical energy, do you like to be the one in charge?
Mercury= communications, do you get lots of phone calls, letters, talk a lot on fone from home perhaps? communications to family members or anyone?

hiimnotcool

astrologer50 said:
which house system are you using?
venus=wherever you get and give pleasure, do you like entertaining having people around, visit your house?
Mars= physical energy, do you like to be the one in charge?
Mercury= communications, do you get lots of phone calls, letters, talk a lot on fone from home perhaps? communications to family members or anyone?

Well, I use Whole Sign. But all 3 of those planets are in the 4th house with Placidus as well.

Regarding Venus-No, I don't like having people over and most often I don't really want them around, I prefer to be by myself majority of the time.

Mars-Hmm, well I'm definitely prideful and I don't like people questioning me and if they do I'm quick to say what I think about it..but Mars is also conjunct Mercury..

On to Mercury-I don't really do any of those things from home at all. I use the computer alot and I guess that's a form of communication. But alot of people use the internet so I don't really know how indicative of the 4th house that is.

I was reading over the articles of the 4th house and it seemed like it wasn't necessarily about family and the home, which sort of clarifies things a little bit. I've often wondered why I don't relate at all to the 4th house since it's the most concentrated in my chart. I do however relate to EVERY other planet/placement in my chart. So it's weird.

hiimnotcool said:
Well, I use Whole Sign. But all 3 of those planets are in the 4th house with Placidus as well.

Regarding Venus-No, I don't like having people over and most often I don't really want them around, I prefer to be by myself majority of the time.

Mars-Hmm, well I'm definitely prideful and I don't like people questioning me and if they do I'm quick to say what I think about it..but Mars is also conjunct Mercury..

On to Mercury-I don't really do any of those things from home at all. I use the computer alot and I guess that's a form of communication. But alot of people use the internet so I don't really know how indicative of the 4th house that is.

I was reading over the articles of the 4th house and it seemed like it wasn't necessarily about family and the home, which sort of clarifies things a little bit. I've often wondered why I don't relate at all to the 4th house since it's the most concentrated in my chart. I do however relate to EVERY other planet/placement in my chart. So it's weird.

Where are they in Equal house, 3rd or 5th?? That's why you not identifying with it.......

do you enjoy spending time in 4th, do you work from home. Maybe you cannot identify cos its placidus, try Equal house...

hiimnotcool

Well, in equal house it moves my Venus into the 3rd, but Mercury and Mars stays in the 4th. Also the Sun moves into the 4th house with equal as well. Definitely doesn't fit. My birth time is very accurate too so I don't understand the problem. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. It must be due to some of the aspects or something.

hiimnotcool said:
Well, in equal house it moves my Venus into the 3rd, but Mercury and Mars stays in the 4th. Also the Sun moves into the 4th house with equal as well. Definitely doesn't fit. My birth time is very accurate too so I don't understand the problem. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. It must be due to some of the aspects or something.

would you post your chart so some of us could comment further?

you said

Well if its in 3rd house you wouldnt like having people in. Also depends what signs we are talking about. would be much easier to see your chart as most of us are visual...

How would you interpret Sun, merc/mars in 4th house?

Last edited:

hiimnotcool

astro_2gw_138_chris_86272_30006.gif

I think I relate really well to the Venus in the 3rd. I'm a musician and tend to express myself through the words I choose to use. I've been told that I have a unique way of expressing myself through commuication that alot of people can relate to so that is really interesting that the 3rd house Venus would indicate that.

I have seen a good definition of Mercury in the 4th with Sun in the 5th that is very telling.

"When Mercury is in H4 and the Sun in H5 then the form which a person’s creativity takes will be heavily influenced by, and in all probability designed to impart, psychological insight. This combination produces authors, poets and fine artists."

Most of my time is spent reflecting and trying to discover the meaning of everything. I find learning about the mind and the way the universe works fun and rewarding so I guess that is 4th house. I mean, essentially it's me trying to get to the 'root' of things. I can see how that works.

Mars in the 4th would seem to me that there was some apparent discord during childhood regarding parents and family. I would also assume that due to these things it might tend to lead toward someone becoming introspective about psychology, human development and self discovery. I would also venture to say that it would probably the thing that takes precedence in the individuals life because Mars is all about action and drive.

Seems like it all goes back to psychological developmet and introspection which is definitely the case for me.

milkywaygirl

i have sun moon merc in 4th in pisces in wide conjunction, opposing saturn in 10th in virgo. i need to spend a lot of time alone at home. i sleep a lot (when i am able to!). until i had my own apartment, i felt very ungrounded and lacking a sanctuary of sorts. now that i have my own space i feel much more comfortable as i always have a haven to return to. i love entertaining at home and having people over and cooking for them - however i am sensitive when people overstay their welcomes, but have become more assertive over time and am now able to let people know directly and comfortably when its time for them to go. my house is full of books and i do a lot of learning on my own. my home is decorated very personally, i am sensitive to when it is messy or the lighting is off or there is any smells etc., throws me off. when i am out in the world my moods are quite stable and i am emotionally reserved, but at home i experience the gamut of emotions through my thoughts reflections and daydreams. i daydream a lot. i take a lot of baths.

i oscillate between being very outgoing (sag asc) and very internalized. i feel that it is my duty to go as deeply into myself and my unconscious in order to be responsible in the world (saturn in 10th opposing 4th house stellium). i am very connected to my family and the issues that arise within it. i might not have the closest literal bonds with them but they are always in my thoughts. a big part of my saturn return has been about defining myself as an individual and separate from my family, a symptom of sun in 4th. i have spent a lot of time pondering my cultural and ancestral heritage.

the dispositors, neptune and jupiter, are in the 1st and 8th respectively (jupiter is also my chart ruler). for me, these are the key houses - 1 4 8 - (along with 10th) that i live out my most important experiences and learning situations.

pallas

I have the Sun and Moon in the 4th House in Aquarius.
It took a few years to manifest, but I took up gardening to relieve emotional
stress and wound up doing major Landscaping design myself for two homes.
Also did design for a major addition to second house and had my third house built from scratch. Lots of windows in both addition and new house...lots of
Air and Light.

I have Scorpio Pluto Conjunct IC in my natal, I want to move move move soon soon soon!!

Pluto Sextile my Capricorn Mars/Neptune conjunction/parallel in fifth house.

/JJ:eek:

I have Moon and Chiron rx in Taurus in h2.

According to what I read, I should see wealth. My money should fluctuate. Up to date, I've pretty much been sitting at the poverty level, however, I do seem to always get what I need, but that is it.

I think the moon is what grounds me to Earth, most interpretations don't put much importance into it, but obviously, in mine, it is. I think it may be the key to me finding balance and tearing down all the walls I have built around myself.

I hope I am not poor my whole life. I think that as soon as I balance my sun/moon opp, Figure out exactly what it is that makes me tick, and know that I deserve it, I just might see my wealth fluctuate. Of course I have a lot of indications of inheritance. I don't know anybody that would leave behind anything huge, at least not yet.

Moon in h2 indicates that the person will likely be educated in scientific knowledge. As of yet, I am not, but I love the subjects of Anthropology and anything that has to do with the mind and invisible energies.

I am planning on taking a major step into life and going back to school. I'm not sure exactly what I am going to major in, but it will be in the sciences. I plan on going all the way and getting a PHD. I think it would be cool to research the Indigo phenomenon, and the evolution of human consciousness through out the ages. I would like to see science and spirituality combined.

I have huge dreams and big visions, but I lack the know how( only 1 air).

I have not read to much on Chiron, but I do remember reading somewhere that Chiron rx'd in h2 means I will have a hard time obtaining wealth.

Astrodawn

astrologer50 said:

hiimnotcool said:
Regarding Venus-No, I don't like having people over and most often I don't really want them around, I prefer to be by myself majority of the time

Like hiimnotcool I have venus (and neptune) in the 4th house, I dont enjoy people visiting me and only have my BF call at the house. My home is where I recharge and I like to do that alone. the thought of having people round for dinner parties etc or people knocking on the door every 5 minutes makes me shudder!! eek
I sound like a very unsociable person dont I? haha

Last edited:
Astrodawn said:
Like hiimnotcool I have venus (and neptune) in the 4th house, I dont enjoy people visiting me and only have my BF call at the house. My home is where I recharge and I like to do that alone. the thought of having people round for dinner parties etc or people knocking on the door every 5 minutes makes me shudder!! eek
I sound like a very unsociable person dont I? haha

Venus usually gets a lot of pleasure being in home roots and likes things tastefully decorated and aethetically pleasing. Do you get pleasure being alone in home roots then? I usually call it the 'bake a cake syndrome'

Think that's prob your moon opp saturn which would make you want your own space to emotionally withdraw. maybe also has something to do with neptune conj 4th house cusp and having influence there??

Moon on wide orb to Uranus can cause breaks in friendships,relationships and mum. Emotionally restless, fluctuate and want to do something unusual perhaps to feed the emotional nataure. I have moon square uranus, 4th to 7th, so did break rather young with mum and uranus in 7th is classic divorce aspect anyway.....

Astrodawn

astrologer 50

your right in saying i do enjoy being at home and my house is decorated very tastefully and is always neat and tidy :)
I hate staying over at other peoples houses and if i ever do im itching to get back again, cause i feel out of sorts getting ready elsewhere and cant relax the same as i can at home, I feel somewhat frazzled staying away!

"Moon on wide orb to Uranus can cause breaks in friendships,relationships and mum. Emotionally restless, fluctuate and want to do something unusual perhaps to feed the emotional nataure"

That is spot on! I dont get on with my mum and never have done, i have had lots of good friends in the past when I move house /job etc I suppose i just let them go, im terrible at keeping in touch. To give an example of this I have one friend who ive known for 5 years and shes been in my life longer than anyone Ive ever known! I dont know anyone from pre 2004. relationships are the same once Ive split with someone i dont ever see or speak to them again, i just move on. Up till recently I used to move house every 3 years or so to all different areas as I enjoy the newness of change and new people.

Last edited:

Dark_Uranian

astrologer50 said:
Moon on wide orb to Uranus can cause breaks in friendships,relationships and mum. Emotionally restless, fluctuate and want to do something unusual perhaps to feed the emotional nataure. I have moon square uranus, 4th to 7th, so did break rather young with mum and uranus in 7th is classic divorce aspect anyway.....

astrologer 50,
I never have any thoughts on this. All I ever know about hard aspect between moon and uranus can make u emotionally unstable. Yeah, I have moon square uranus too. Moon in Pisces (11th house cusp Aquarius ) and Uranus in Sagittarius (8th house cusp Sagittarius). Can Moon on wide orb to Uranus 8th to 11th house cause breaks in friendships and mum too?

Chris, i think I have the same problem like u. My 4th house is occupied by Venus in Leo, making a square aspect to Jupiter and Chiron. Personally I also dont like to welcome any guest to my house. Maybe because of my childhood experience. I have a small house and my mum never really like me to bring home any friends , and sometimes I get scolded. Plus I feel really embarassed if my friends make fun of my small house unlike my other friend's who has bigger and better house than mine. When I was a kid, Ive always want my frenz to have a night stay at my house. But I never bring anyone of them. Instead, :38: I was the one who always stay at my friend's house.
I don't know if anyone has this similar experience too when their natal Venus in hard aspect to chiron.

In my 2nd house, there's a Mercury in Gemini at 27 degree making a conjunction to my Mars and Neptune. Ive been told that Mercury with hard aspect to Neptune can be my biggest concern. Other than that, my Mercury conjunct North Node too. I wonder if it has any significant in my character or life...

AnnaViolet7

Indigo Danii said:

According to what I read, I should see wealth. My money should fluctuate. Up to date, I've pretty much been sitting at the poverty level, however, I do seem to always get what I need, but that is it.

I think the moon is what grounds me to Earth, most interpretations don't put much importance into it, but obviously, in mine, it is. I think it may be the key to me finding balance and tearing down all the walls I have built around myself.

My sis has Moon in 2nd house in Pisces and the same as you what she needs always comes from somewhere and she always seems to be surrounded with beautiful stuff! There is quite a feeling of luxury there even when she was a single parent on benefits(she is a Leo though but its quite earthed out luxury)

The 2nd house definatly seems to bring some grounding to her Pisces moon..I have Pisces moon too in 5th she is able to stay more grounded than me it seems.

CarrieLee

I have Moon on the IC in the 4th in Geminii, I have always moved can never settle down in one place(would like to though0 the only place that ever felt like home was my childhood home which I am still attached to. When my parents sold it I came close to a nervous breakdown ( I had other issues also, I just focused on the home)
I have three children and take motherhood very seriously...I cannot comprehend this society that thinks it is normal for a woman to work outside the home and if you want to just be MOM you are flawed...I just long to be mom a good one...
Let's not even go into that my moon in fourth is Exactly Square my Sun/Pluto conjunction 22 degrees

R4VEN

Indigo Danii said:

I have huge dreams and big visions, but I lack the know how( only 1 air).

I have not read to much on Chiron, but I do remember reading somewhere that Chiron rx'd in h2 means I will have a hard time obtaining wealth.
Those with Chiron Rx have bigger fish to fry, bigger leaps to be made, and have the job of `helping out' others of their generation who struggle with Chiron in Taurus. Having it in Taurus in the house ruled by Taurus issues is like a double whammy effect - similarly with your moon placement.

Chiron in Taurus and in the 2nd gives you a wound (Chiron describes wounds you brought in with you for the purpose of healing) in the area of your emotional and physical/material safety on the planet. The wound is in fearing you will lose what you have, everything you have `built up'. So you - in the first instance at least - have so little that you will not be devastated were you to lose it - because you have so little to lose. I have seen this played out by many in the Chiron in Taurus generation - most are concentrating on building their resources so they'll never be without a source of `wealth'. Many are - either consciously or unconsciously - deciding to opt out of the game, and showing that it's possible to live on very little. Whether you realise it or not, you are one who is proving to yourself over and over that `something' within you is able to attract what you need when you need it, and there is really no need for a `bank' of resources.

Poverty is really only a perception, a state of mind.

hiimnotcool said:

I noticed your merc,mars are badly aspected by square to saturn, which prob causes frustration of physical energies, withdrawing of communications at times, but good for study, research etc.