Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4901  
Unread 08-02-2019, 10:03 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,934
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

The reason it feels icky is because it’s parasitic to latch onto to another soul and feed off of them and not be independent.

Reply With Quote
  #4902  
Unread 08-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I was thinking of asking you something, and this is the perfect opportunity. Have you read the "Chalice and the Blade" by Riane Eisler? It's right on topic.
I haven’t but I’m going to google it just now!
Reply With Quote
  #4903  
Unread 08-02-2019, 10:36 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,832
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I haven’t but I’m going to google it just now!
It caused quite a stir in the late '80s.
Reply With Quote
  #4904  
Unread 08-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It caused quite a stir in the late '80s.
I just read this. Did you go to Woodstock?

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/06/12/woodstock-couple/
Reply With Quote
  #4905  
Unread 08-02-2019, 11:02 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 58,484
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part I - Zodiac

The zodiac completes a sidereal cycle in 23.93446 hours.


The image of the Lion is masculine, diurnal, solid, terrestrial, quadrupedal, feral,
royal, vocal, semi-infertile, passionate, fierce, running and of the north wind.
It indicates action, reputation, superiors, harsh matters, quarrels, those who are imperious,
stable, haters of evil, beneficent and inflated with lofty thoughts.

Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Leo
are large, distinguished, independent, reliable, just, despising flattery, haughty,
irascible, daring, with fine face, smooth, small ears because the Lion rarely listens to the talk of others,
higher upper part of the body, thin-set teeth, rugged, flushy and bright.
The front is robust, but the back is weaker.
Domicile of the Sun, it controls the sides, the circulatory system, the nervous system and the eyesight,
especially the right eye, and it indicates blindness on account of the Coma Star Cluster.
It is like-empowered with Aries and like-ascending with Virgo,
tall in the Northern Hemisphere and short in the Southern Hemisphere.
It is summery, hot and dry in the north, and wintry, cold and moist in the south.
Leo commands Libra in the north and obeys it in the south.
Leo controls Italy, Gaul, Apulia, Phoenicia, Chaldaea and Orchenia. T
he head and Regulus are rising up to the 6th degree, the front up to the 11th, the belly up to the 18th,
the back up to the 24th, and the tail up to the 30th.

The first 6° belong to Jupiter - elevation, friendships with superiors
The next 5° belong to Venus - good fortune, friendships with superiors
The next 7° belong to Saturn - magnitude, of many years, infertile
The next 6° belong to Mercury - intelligent, some are winners of games
The final 6° belong to Mars - misfortune, dangers, passionate

Head - Saturn and moderately Mars
Throat - Saturn and moderately Mercury
Regulus - Jupiter and Mars
Hip and Denebola - Saturn and Venus
Thighs - Venus and moderately Mercury


Such, then, are the observations of the effects of the stars
as made by our predecessors.

Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae:
accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri.
Retrieved from https://archive.org/details/maximiet...00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos.
William Heinmann, London.
Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...blos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages.
Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley.
Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt...s%20entire.pdf




Assuming local skies are clear

then
by visual observation at night
and using ALDEBARAN 15


MOON TODAY is visibly observed in local skies worldwide
in CONSTELLATION of LEO

LEO is the domicile aka home of THE SUN


MOON currently INGRESSING 0°

FIRST DECANSIDEREAL LEO



hexagon SIDEREAL GEMINI MERCURY


tetragon SIDEREAL SCORPIO JUPITER


trigon SIDEREAL SAGITTARIUS SATURN



FOR VIDEO ANIMATION OF TROPICAL & SIDEREAL PERSPECTIVE
WITH DESCRIPTIVE NARRATIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI




Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris
1. The gods send signs to all nations, but they are not interpret the same for the different lands,
for one they signify hot weather, for another they signify cold weather,
and for third they signify temperate weather.

2. In the same way, the like-principles of rising times and daylight
become less discernible and causative in the equatorial zones.

3. Therefore another celestial influence is causative for nativities,
rather than the terrestrial effect of weather.
Otherwise, there would be no domicile, no exaltation
and no depression for the equatorial lands.

4. The rationale of the sidereal zodiac is compatible with this hypothesis,
the rationale of the tropical zodiac is not.


MOON travels each SIGN once a month aka "moonth"
and
IS NOT ALWAYS IN SAME SIGN BOTH TROPICALLY AND SIDEREALLY
because
although Astrologers
– whether Tropical or Sidereal
– are commenting on and making predictions
regarding THE IDENTICAL MOON in the skies
computer generated Tropical Chart differs by DEGREE OCCUPIED BY THE MOON
from Sidereal DEGREE OCCUPIED BY MOON
Sidereal location of Moon may be confirmed BY VISUAL observation of local skies



there is a minimum difference of 20° up to a maximum of approximately 24°
between TROPICAL AND SIDEREAL MEASUREMENT
ANY planet at 0° OF any TROPICAL SIGN
is SIDEREALLY between approximately 6° - 10°
to a maximum 24° of the PREVIOUS SIGN
dependent on the ayanamsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post


Siriusly, you should move 25 degrees backwards, not days.
Another handy method is
that if a planet is less than 25 degrees in the sign,
add 5 degrees to it,
while moving it in the previous sign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
This way you can find any positions in less than couple seconds.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #4906  
Unread 08-02-2019, 11:06 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,832
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I just read this. Did you go to Woodstock?

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/...dstock-couple/
No. Waybread did. I was in California and ended up where the music died, and illusions were shattered. It was billed as the "Woodstock of the West". That was at the end of the 60s, when Neptune was shifting from Scorpio to Sagittarius.
Reply With Quote
  #4907  
Unread 08-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 7,002
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Just had an enlightening moment. When i drink "spirits" especially Vodka, i turn into someone else (from what im told) and 9/10 i will have blackouts and i can't remember ANYTHING. 1 drink im okay....2 drinks kind of okay....but then its like i have switch inside me thats triggered if ive drunk more, and im no longer my self. I have no control over what i say or do. This has caused numerous arguments between me and bf, even more so as he doesn't even drink.

Well spirits are called spirits for a reason.....

https://www.facebook.com/jason.chris...10368463220297

Makes a whole lot of sense to me. Lower entities have been having a lot of fun with me.
__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k
Reply With Quote
  #4908  
Unread 08-02-2019, 05:09 PM
moonkat235 moonkat235 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,069
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
No. Waybread did. I was in California and ended up where the music died, and illusions were shattered. It was billed as the "Woodstock of the West". That was at the end of the 60s, when Neptune was shifting from Scorpio to Sagittarius.
Whoooaaaa no way! waybread went to Woodstock! My dad was 16 when he was invited, but he didn't believe the festival was going to be as big as it was, so he didn't go.
Reply With Quote
  #4909  
Unread 08-02-2019, 05:12 PM
moonkat235 moonkat235 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,069
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Just had an enlightening moment. When i drink "spirits" especially Vodka, i turn into someone else (from what im told) and 9/10 i will have blackouts and i can't remember ANYTHING. 1 drink im okay....2 drinks kind of okay....but then its like i have switch inside me thats triggered if ive drunk more, and im no longer my self. I have no control over what i say or do. This has caused numerous arguments between me and bf, even more so as he doesn't even drink.

Well spirits are called spirits for a reason.....

https://www.facebook.com/jason.chris...10368463220297

Makes a whole lot of sense to me. Lower entities have been having a lot of fun with me.
I had a friend in college with me named Amanda, but she blacked out 3-4 times a week. We called her black out self, Mandy. I watched her punch her brother in the face at a bar and get kicked out when Mandy took over. Her brother had a black eye and everything.

I read in a book that archetypal energies can take over one's inebriated self.
Reply With Quote
  #4910  
Unread 08-03-2019, 07:13 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,832
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I'm thinking that the recent decrease in posting is due to Mercury in opposition to Pluto.
Reply With Quote
  #4911  
Unread 08-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
I had a friend in college with me named Amanda, but she blacked out 3-4 times a week. We called her black out self, Mandy. I watched her punch her brother in the face at a bar and get kicked out when Mandy took over. Her brother had a black eye and everything.

I read in a book that archetypal energies can take over one's inebriated self.
Did Amanda take Mandy to become Mandy?
Reply With Quote
  #4912  
Unread 08-03-2019, 03:00 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 58,484
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Traditional Astrology is hierarchical
Mundane astrology astrological prediction has the following hierarchy of charts
as an example for the location of New York

starting with:


Grand Conjunction 1702

21 May 1702
4:01:37 PM
+4:56:02
Federal Hall, New York
074°W00'37"
40°N42'26"


Great Mutation (Earth) 1802
17 Jul 1802
5:52:26 PM
+4:56:02
Federal Hall, New York


Great Malefic 1976
12 May 1976
9:51:13 AM
+4:56:02
Federal Hall, New York


.................................................. .................................................. ...........
HOWEVER

this chart....


Great Malefic 2004
25 May 2004
1:20 AM
+4:56:02
Federal Hall, New York


....is now the operating Malefic Chart until....


Great Malefic 2034
26 Jun 2034
5:33:42 PM
+4:56:02
Federal Hall, New York


becomes operative

and also


Great Mutation (Air) & Great Conjunction 2020
21 Dec 2020
1:24:22 PM
+4:56:02
Federal Hall, New York


.................................................. .................................................. .....

MEANWHILE

Great Conjunction 2000

28 May 2000
11:07:39 AM
+4:56:02
Federal Hall, New York


2019 Aries Ingress
20 Mar 2014
Federal Hall, New York


....Insert Your Natal Chart and/or 'Event Chart' Here.....

That is the hierarchy of charts in Mundane Astrology


Note:

Relocate the chart(s) to your country
and
for maximum accuracy
use the "foundation point"

eg: Romania = Alba Iulia, not Bucharesti

Japan = Kyoto, not Tokyo

Spain = Toledo, not Madrid

and so on
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #4913  
Unread 08-03-2019, 03:13 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 58,484
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

A disingenuous claim was made
that 18th Century astronomers discovered Planets mathematically
by attempting to factor in gravity to predict orbital patterns
and not by "ray-casting."

If 18th Century astronomers had Vacuum Tubes or Transistors or Microchips
they would not have needed to rely on gravity
since those modern inventions lend themselves to devices that can detect electromagnetic radiation.


Principle #3:
Traditional Astrology is based upon Planets casting Light.


Granted, only Sun generates Light
however the Moon and the 5 Planets reflect Light
plus other electromagnetic radiation from the Sun
(and Fixed Stars).


Factors that affect the ability of Moon and the 5 Planets to reflect light are:

Size of magnetosphere
Surface Albedo
Surface Reflectivity
Atmospheric Reflectivity
Distance from Sun
Relationship by Physical Location with respect to Sun

Note that the issue of so-called "Global Warming" is predicated on Earth's Surface Albedo, Surface Reflectivity and Atmospheric Reflectivity
the argument is that electromagnetic radiation from Sun strikes Earth and some of it is absorbed
but some is reflected back into Space
but increasing amounts of CO2 and so-called 'green-house gases" bars electromagnetic radiation from escaping from Earth
causing Earth's average temperatures to increase.


Principle #4:

Aspects between Moon and the 5 Planets strengthen or weaken the intensity of electromagnetic generation


The basic principle in Traditional Astrology is that a trine is strong and positive
a sextile weak and positive
a square weak and negative
while an opposition is strong and negative.


"However, it was decided to investigate the effects of all the planets from Mercury to Saturn,
instead of only the major planets - Jupiter and Saturn - as they had done.
The same heliocentric angular relationships of 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees were used
and dates when any two or more planets were separated by one of these angles were recorded.
Investigation quickly showed there was positive correlation between these planetary angles
and transatlantic short-wave signal variations.
Radio signals showed a tendency to become degraded within a day or two of planetary configurations of the type being studied.
However, all configurations did not correspond to signal degradation.
Certain configurations showed better correlation than others - 60 degrees and 120 degrees - ." p.421 Nelson


"It is worthy of note that in 1949 when Jupiter and Saturn were spaced by 120 degrees
and solar activity was at a maximum
radio signals averaged of far higher quality for the year than in 1951 with Jupiter and Saturn at 180 degrees
and a considerable decline in solar activity.
In other words, the average quality curve of radio signals followed the cycle curve between Jupiter and Saturn rather than the sunspot curve." p.424 Nelson


Okay, so it took 2,000+ years to figure out what people knew thousands of years ago
perhaps modern Science deserves a pat on the back for their re-discovery
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #4914  
Unread 08-03-2019, 04:19 PM
ynnest ynnest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,316
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I freaken love complicated thickettexts! It brings me alive!

Y
Reply With Quote
  #4915  
Unread 08-03-2019, 04:25 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,934
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Holy moly ynnest is here! The wind must have changed and brought him back to us! Quick, shut the shutters, pull down the blinds! For god’s sake, hide your children!!

U
Reply With Quote
  #4916  
Unread 08-03-2019, 04:26 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,934
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I’m implying you’re a werewolf or a child catcher nothing more than that lol
Reply With Quote
  #4917  
Unread 08-03-2019, 06:23 PM
ynnest ynnest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,316
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I am your father.

Y
Reply With Quote
  #4918  
Unread 08-03-2019, 06:48 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 58,484
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post


I freaken love complicated thickettexts! It brings me alive!

Y


Electromagnetic radiation affects People (all mammals).


gamma rays: cause cancer and mutations
gammas were the driving force behind Evolution on Earth
as Natural Background Radiation (gammas and x-rays) has decreased
so too has the pace of Evolution


X-rays: damage to cells

Ultra-Violet (UV): damages surface cells (including skin cancer) and causes blindness

Visible Light: Our beautiful colors cause increased rates of premature skin aging and skin cancer

Infrared: skin burns

Microwaves: internal heating of body tissue, memory loss, cancer

Radio waves: harm body cells, prevalence of migraine, headache disorders, insomnia, frequent nose bleed, increase in white blood cells, tinnitus


Note how in particular, Radio Waves attack the Head/Brain.

When we say Radio Waves, we're talking about wave-lengths larger than microwaves, which are...


FM Radio - includes portable phones, cell-phones, tablets, laptops et al

VHF Television
UHF Television
Short-Wave
AM Band
and at the far end of the AM band is VLF (Very Low Frequency)
ELF (Extremely Low Frequency)
and ULF (Ultra-Low Frequency).


So putting it altogether
in Traditional Astrology, there are multiple sources generating electromagnetic radiation
including the Sun, Moon and 5 Planets
plus multiples sources reflecting electromagnetic radiation
and even fine-tuning that electromagnetic radiation through aspects
like the sextile (60°), square (90°), trine (120°) and opposition (180°)
and that affects Humans.


That's the science part.



All of you do know and understand that the photos you get from Hubble or all digitally enhanced with computer software to make them pretty, right?

QUOTE

'.......since pluto's discovery - currently 84 years ago -
telescopes have gotten much more powerful
and astronomers much more clever.
They have found there are 50-100 objects orbiting the sun that are exactly like Pluto.
Some of these, like Eris, are bigger that Pluto.
There are objects that are more like planets than Pluto is
and if we were to include Pluto as a planet
then we would have to include the 50 other insignificant hunks of rock floating around our sun.
There is literally nothing separating Pluto from the 50 other ‘planets’ that we have discovered.
And that would be assigning equal weight to their importance.
Because as harsh as it is, there is not much that is interesting about these dwarf planets.
They are just lumps of rock and ice that are indistinguishable from their moons of rock and ice.....'

Putting it all together....

The Traditional System is very simple:
Celestial bodies which have sufficient mass to produce electromagnetic radiation
and also to reflect electromagnetic radiation from the Sun and from the other Planets to Earth
and produce a noticeable affect proven by Science are used.


Celestial bodies that do not have sufficient mass to produce electromagnetic radiation
or to reflect electromagnetic radiation
or are sufficiently distant as to not interfere with electromagnetic radiation on Earth are ignored.


Telescopes are immaterial and irrelevant.
Telescopes do not cause Planets to produce electromagnetic radiation;
telescopes do not cause Planets to reflect electromagnetic radiation
and finally, telescopes neither enhance nor degrade electromagnetic radiation.

Regarding the Transfer of Light (and Collection of Light):
these are key concepts used in all charts in Traditional Astrology.
In fact, what people think of as influence by the Outers are actually Transfers/Collections.

The number of threads on the Horary Forum on Collection/Transfer are too numerous too count.

Those concepts are critical to correct interpretation of Mundane and Mundane Event Charts (especially Forensic Charts).


The Deception: Traditionals use Bounds/Terms & Faces which are not visible to the naked eye
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.


The Reality: Traditionals claim that Bounds/Terms & Faces modify the Planet
but have no affect on People.

The Deception: Traditionals use House Cusps which are not visible to the naked eye
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.


The Reality:
Traditionals never claimed that House Cusps have power.
House Cusps are an arbitrary system (at present) assisting in delineation by showing where certain Topical Matters spill over into other Topical Matters.
Traditionals never claimed House Cusps affect affect People.


The Deception: Traditionals use Arabian Parts which are not visible to the naked eye
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.


The Reality: Lots/Parts are mathematical calculations possibly originating from Lagrange Points.
It is also possible that Lots/Parts are rooted in Planetary Ascendants.
Traditionals have never claimed that Lots/Parts affect on People.
The Lots/Parts only provide additional information on a Topic.


The Deception: Traditionals use the Moon's Nodes, which are not visible to the naked eye;
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.


The Reality: The Head (North Node) and Tail (South Node) modify a Planet's condition,
but they do not modify People.


The Deception: Traditionals use Signs, which are not visible to the naked eye;
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.


The Reality: Signs modify a Planet's condition, but they do not modify People.


The Deception: Traditionals use Degree Points such as Azieme (for disease),
Pitted, Fortunate, Eminent, Empty, Dark, Shadowy and Bright,
none of which are visible to the naked eye;
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.


The Reality: Degree Points modify a Planet's condition,
but they do not modify People.


I hope we're clear on that now.


Fixed Stars modify a Planet or Chart Point, but do not affect People.
As it stands, the output of electromagnetic radiation in all forms from Algol,
whether it be x-rays, gammas, ultra-violet, the color spectrum, infrared, microwave, radar, short-wave or long-wave
is 10 times that of the Sun.


Signs and Triplicities modify a Planet...but not People.


How a Planet functions depends on whether the Planet is Exalted, Domiciled, in-Sect Triplicity, Peregrine, in Detriment or in Fall.
Those conditions are determined by Signs.


It is illogical and incredibly unscientific to claim that some Celestial Bodies are modified by Signs, and some are not.


Quote:
nearly 100 objects like QB1 have been found. They are thought to be similar to Pluto in composition
and like Pluto, many orbit the sun in a 3:2 resonance with Neptune.
This swarm of Pluto-like objects beyond Neptune is known as the Kuiper Belt
after Gerard Kuiper, who first proposed that such a belt existed and served as a source of short period comets.
Astronomers estimate that there are at least 35,000 Kuiper Belt objects
greater than 100 km in diameter
which is several hundred times the number (and mass) of similar sized objects in the main asteroid belt.
This points out the main flaw in Modern Astrology.


Moderns arbitrarily choose to accept or reject the use of other Planetary Bodies without any basis in fact, logic, reason or science.


Traditionalists do not arbitrarily reject the use of other Celestial Bodies, instead,
Traditionalists universally apply science, logic and reason,
based on whether a Celestial Body has the mass to generate electromagnetic radiation,
and the ability to reflect light,
and that it affects Earth and the People who inhabit Earth.


There is a Cause-and-Effect Relationship.
The Cause is Electromagnetic Radiation, the Effect is how it interferes, relates, intones, conditions,
or otherwise affects the Human Brain.
Due to similarities in brain structure,
it could affect all mammals,
or at least those mammals that are "higher order"
(whales, dolphins, porpoises, sea cows, sea lions, dogs, cats, horses etc).


Science can barely explain how the brain works,
much less determine external or extrinsic factors that might affect the brain.


In spite of the fact that the Traditional View has been fully explained
ad infinitum ad nauseum,
it is put forth by some that our view of the Solar System is outmoded....it is not.


We acknowledge the existence of the Outer Planets
(and Asteroids and such)
because they exist.


However, based on the aforementioned scientific evidence
there is no proof they impact People.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #4919  
Unread 08-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
I am your father.

Y
Holy moly...is that your claim to fame or mine?
Reply With Quote
  #4920  
Unread 08-03-2019, 07:01 PM
moonkat235 moonkat235 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,069
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I don't want to detract from the fate vs free will thread with non-astrological posts, but I have a few thoughts that I just wanted to share.

I disagree that I like certainty in my life and therefore believe in fate. I disagree that free will choice-centered modernistic astrology is for people who can live with uncertainty and who enjoy exploring possibilities. I view it more in terms of control. I believe in determinism and acknowledge that I have no control and even what I will has been determined outside of myself. I think people who are very into free will are disturbed by the prospect of lack of control.

Further, life is not any less fated from a sociopolitical standpoint now than it was in 'ancient times'. The concept of social mobility is largely a myth. In times with less technology, it was harder to keep track of people or 'keep an eye on them'. I mean, helloooo NSA.

Google ads are generated based on your search history and cookies on your computer. The constant barrage of media advertisements is a form of brainwashing. There's still racism and classism and sexism and really every ism you can think of. There's gerrymandering and the 1%.

We may have more access to knowledge in some sense, but the type of information we choose to consume vs what information is thrown at us shows a huge discrepancy. We are highly influenced by mundane things we barely notice.

I also think that free will is not clearly evident. Even the things we want in life, the things we find beautiful or attractive are outside of our control. I don't think a little bit of both free will and fate is obvious.

Last edited by moonkat235; 08-03-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4921  
Unread 08-03-2019, 07:23 PM
ynnest ynnest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,316
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post


Electromagnetic radiation affects People (all mammals).


gamma rays: cause cancer and mutations
gammas were the driving force behind Evolution on Earth
as Natural Background Radiation (gammas and x-rays) has decreased
so too has the pace of Evolution


X-rays: damage to cells

Ultra-Violet (UV): damages surface cells (including skin cancer) and causes blindness

Visible Light: Our beautiful colors cause increased rates of premature skin aging and skin cancer

Infrared: skin burns

Microwaves: internal heating of body tissue, memory loss, cancer

Radio waves: harm body cells, prevalence of migraine, headache disorders, insomnia, frequent nose bleed, increase in white blood cells, tinnitus


Note how in particular, Radio Waves attack the Head/Brain.

When we say Radio Waves, we're talking about wave-lengths larger than microwaves, which are...


FM Radio - includes portable phones, cell-phones, tablets, laptops et al

VHF Television
UHF Television
Short-Wave
AM Band
and at the far end of the AM band is VLF (Very Low Frequency)
ELF (Extremely Low Frequency)
and ULF (Ultra-Low Frequency).


So putting it altogether
in Traditional Astrology, there are multiple sources generating electromagnetic radiation
including the Sun, Moon and 5 Planets
plus multiples sources reflecting electromagnetic radiation
and even fine-tuning that electromagnetic radiation through aspects
like the sextile (60°), square (90°), trine (120°) and opposition (180°)
and that affects Humans.


That's the science part.



All of you do know and understand that the photos you get from Hubble or all digitally enhanced with computer software to make them pretty, right?

QUOTE

'.......since pluto's discovery - currently 84 years ago -
telescopes have gotten much more powerful
and astronomers much more clever.
They have found there are 50-100 objects orbiting the sun that are exactly like Pluto.
Some of these, like Eris, are bigger that Pluto.
There are objects that are more like planets than Pluto is
and if we were to include Pluto as a planet
then we would have to include the 50 other insignificant hunks of rock floating around our sun.
There is literally nothing separating Pluto from the 50 other ‘planets’ that we have discovered.
And that would be assigning equal weight to their importance.
Because as harsh as it is, there is not much that is interesting about these dwarf planets.
They are just lumps of rock and ice that are indistinguishable from their moons of rock and ice.....'

Putting it all together....

The Traditional System is very simple:
Celestial bodies which have sufficient mass to produce electromagnetic radiation
and also to reflect electromagnetic radiation from the Sun and from the other Planets to Earth
and produce a noticeable affect proven by Science are used.


Celestial bodies that do not have sufficient mass to produce electromagnetic radiation
or to reflect electromagnetic radiation
or are sufficiently distant as to not interfere with electromagnetic radiation on Earth are ignored.


Telescopes are immaterial and irrelevant.
Telescopes do not cause Planets to produce electromagnetic radiation;
telescopes do not cause Planets to reflect electromagnetic radiation
and finally, telescopes neither enhance nor degrade electromagnetic radiation.

Regarding the Transfer of Light (and Collection of Light):
these are key concepts used in all charts in Traditional Astrology.
In fact, what people think of as influence by the Outers are actually Transfers/Collections.

The number of threads on the Horary Forum on Collection/Transfer are too numerous too count.

Those concepts are critical to correct interpretation of Mundane and Mundane Event Charts (especially Forensic Charts).


The Deception: Traditionals use Bounds/Terms & Faces which are not visible to the naked eye
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.


The Reality: Traditionals claim that Bounds/Terms & Faces modify the Planet
but have no affect on People.

The Deception: Traditionals use House Cusps which are not visible to the naked eye
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.


The Reality:
Traditionals never claimed that House Cusps have power.
House Cusps are an arbitrary system (at present) assisting in delineation by showing where certain Topical Matters spill over into other Topical Matters.
Traditionals never claimed House Cusps affect affect People.


The Deception: Traditionals use Arabian Parts which are not visible to the naked eye
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.


The Reality: Lots/Parts are mathematical calculations possibly originating from Lagrange Points.
It is also possible that Lots/Parts are rooted in Planetary Ascendants.
Traditionals have never claimed that Lots/Parts affect on People.
The Lots/Parts only provide additional information on a Topic.


The Deception: Traditionals use the Moon's Nodes, which are not visible to the naked eye;
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.


The Reality: The Head (North Node) and Tail (South Node) modify a Planet's condition,
but they do not modify People.


The Deception: Traditionals use Signs, which are not visible to the naked eye;
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.


The Reality: Signs modify a Planet's condition, but they do not modify People.


The Deception: Traditionals use Degree Points such as Azieme (for disease),
Pitted, Fortunate, Eminent, Empty, Dark, Shadowy and Bright,
none of which are visible to the naked eye;
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.


The Reality: Degree Points modify a Planet's condition,
but they do not modify People.


I hope we're clear on that now.


Fixed Stars modify a Planet or Chart Point, but do not affect People.
As it stands, the output of electromagnetic radiation in all forms from Algol,
whether it be x-rays, gammas, ultra-violet, the color spectrum, infrared, microwave, radar, short-wave or long-wave
is 10 times that of the Sun.


Signs and Triplicities modify a Planet...but not People.


How a Planet functions depends on whether the Planet is Exalted, Domiciled, in-Sect Triplicity, Peregrine, in Detriment or in Fall.
Those conditions are determined by Signs.


It is illogical and incredibly unscientific to claim that some Celestial Bodies are modified by Signs, and some are not.


Quote:
nearly 100 objects like QB1 have been found. They are thought to be similar to Pluto in composition
and like Pluto, many orbit the sun in a 3:2 resonance with Neptune.
This swarm of Pluto-like objects beyond Neptune is known as the Kuiper Belt
after Gerard Kuiper, who first proposed that such a belt existed and served as a source of short period comets.
Astronomers estimate that there are at least 35,000 Kuiper Belt objects
greater than 100 km in diameter
which is several hundred times the number (and mass) of similar sized objects in the main asteroid belt.
This points out the main flaw in Modern Astrology.


Moderns arbitrarily choose to accept or reject the use of other Planetary Bodies without any basis in fact, logic, reason or science.


Traditionalists do not arbitrarily reject the use of other Celestial Bodies, instead,
Traditionalists universally apply science, logic and reason,
based on whether a Celestial Body has the mass to generate electromagnetic radiation,
and the ability to reflect light,
and that it affects Earth and the People who inhabit Earth.


There is a Cause-and-Effect Relationship.
The Cause is Electromagnetic Radiation, the Effect is how it interferes, relates, intones, conditions,
or otherwise affects the Human Brain.
Due to similarities in brain structure,
it could affect all mammals,
or at least those mammals that are "higher order"
(whales, dolphins, porpoises, sea cows, sea lions, dogs, cats, horses etc).


Science can barely explain how the brain works,
much less determine external or extrinsic factors that might affect the brain.


In spite of the fact that the Traditional View has been fully explained
ad infinitum ad nauseum,
it is put forth by some that our view of the Solar System is outmoded....it is not.


We acknowledge the existence of the Outer Planets
(and Asteroids and such)
because they exist.


However, based on the aforementioned scientific evidence
there is no proof they impact People.

That was an intelligent answer indeed, thank you. I now see the logic in the traditional viewpoint of astrology and based on your premises its hard to find any errors in it.

But that again is a conclusion I make within the framework of the current information available which is true for my conclusions about modern astrology as well in the sense that I make conclusions about it within the framework of the current information available.

Y
Reply With Quote
  #4922  
Unread 08-03-2019, 07:32 PM
ynnest ynnest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,316
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
I don't want to detract from the fate vs free will thread with non-astrological posts, but I have a few thoughts that I just wanted to share.

I disagree that I like certainty in my life and therefore believe in fate. I disagree that free will choice-centered modernistic astrology is for people who can live with uncertainty and who enjoy exploring possibilities. I view it more in terms of control. I believe in determinism and acknowledge that I have no control and even what I will has been determined outside of myself. I think people who are very into free will are disturbed by the prospect of lack of control.

Further, life is not any less fated from a sociopolitical standpoint now than it was in 'ancient times'. The concept of social mobility is largely a myth. In times with less technology, it was harder to keep track of people or 'keep an eye on them'. I mean, helloooo NSA.

Google ads are generated based on your search history and cookies on your computer. The constant barrage of media advertisements is a form of brainwashing. There's still racism and classism and sexism and really every ism you can think of. There's gerrymandering and the 1%.

We may have more access to knowledge in some sense, but the type of information we choose to consume vs what information is thrown at us shows a huge discrepancy. We are highly influenced by mundane things we barely notice.

I also think that free will is not clearly evident. Even the things we want in life, the things we find beautiful or attractive are outside of our control. I don't think a little bit of both free will and fate is obvious.
I view fate as a higher self free will choice commitment before incarnating that then can be altered by ones free will choice as embodied either completely or with nuances to adapt to an ever changing complex world where the original higher self commitment may or may not be relevant or in between or sideways, or not altered at all.


Y

Last edited by ynnest; 08-03-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4923  
Unread 08-03-2019, 08:12 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,832
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I find it interesting that some Traditionalistic astrologers have a felt need to disparage Modernistic astrology. It's similar to a fundamentalistic religious mindset.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Cold Fusion (08-03-2019)
  #4924  
Unread 08-03-2019, 08:22 PM
Cold Fusion's Avatar
Cold Fusion Cold Fusion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,450
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I find it interesting that some Traditionalistic astrologers have a felt need to disparage Modernistic astrology. It's similar to a fundamentalistic religious mindset.
No doubt....
__________________
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cold Fusion For This Useful Post:
david starling (08-03-2019)
  #4925  
Unread 08-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Chrysalis's Avatar
Chrysalis Chrysalis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Do not disturb
Posts: 7,002
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I wish these transiting planets would leave me alone this year....my soul is so drained.

If these transits are supposed to be "life/soul lessons" then okay....ive learnt how to be alone, ive learnt how to be strong, ive learnt to not trust no-one but myself....like what else can i possibly need to learn. Hurdle after hurdle its none stop.
__________________
Y@ur 3ner9y intr@duc3s 7ou B3fore y@u even sp3@k

Last edited by Chrysalis; 08-03-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.