Please Help! Why is my hair falling out?

leolady77

Hi, everyone,

I've always had pretty thick hair, that did "shed" a lot. But for the past several months, it's been coming out a lot more, when I brush it, when I wash it, even if I touch it to pull it back. I'm starting to see bald spots when I pull my hair back, and it's making me very depressed. I want to know what the cause is, so I can stop it if I can.
I'm not sure if it's related to a medication I'm on, a health condition I have, a hair treatment I've been doing for the past decade, or just me getting older (I'm 35).

Thank you for any help, any insight would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_32_why_is_my_hair_falling_out_hr.44898.48209.jpg
    astro_2gw_32_why_is_my_hair_falling_out_hr.44898.48209.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 30

JUPITERASC

Hi, everyone,

I've always had pretty thick hair, that did "shed" a lot. But for the past several months, it's been coming out a lot more, when I brush it, when I wash it, even if I touch it to pull it back. I'm starting to see bald spots when I pull my hair back, and it's making me very depressed. I want to know what the cause is, so I can stop it if I can.
I'm not sure if it's related to a medication I'm on, a health condition I have, a hair treatment I've been doing for the past decade, or just me getting older (I'm 35).

Thank you for any help, any insight would be very much appreciated.
Perhaps your diet requires revision. Focus on foods that contain nutrients for skin and hair :smile:

aquarius7000

Hi,

LeoLady, did the hair started to fall of unusually around May-June?

If so, it could have to do with the Mars transit over the first house, which was longer, but that was its last hurl over the first house. Also, Mars over the first house can bring about an iron-deficiency, so might want to get that tested, as that also affects hair growth. Other factors also include bc methods.

:)AQ7

serafin5

Hi Guys: I just posted on the other hair loss thread and I appolgize that this post isnt necessarily astrological but I just remembered reading somewhere that thyroid/hormone disorders can cause this condition of hair loss and thinning. I do have this issue and I also have hypo-thyroidism!!! Wow.

S5

Linzul

Aquarious7000 mentions iron deficiency, DO take a look! I became very anemic later in life after having my first child, and my hair started falling out too. Circulation to the extremities was horrible, a scalp with no bloodflow will lose hair. Scalp massage works great, and also brushing with a wooden brush with wood "bristles." I got one at the body shop for 10 bucks. That and a otc iron supplement straightened me out. Anyway anemia can happen for a lot of reasons, I wish I'd known it sooner!

leolady77

Hi, aquarius7000 :)
Yes, actually, I did notice a lot of hair falling out around May or so, and it has slowed down some, as well. I hadn't even considered that transit, thank you for pointing that out :)
Hi,

LeoLady, did the hair started to fall of unusually around May-June?

If so, it could have to do with the Mars transit over the first house, which was longer, but that was its last hurl over the first house. Also, Mars over the first house can bring about an iron-deficiency, so might want to get that tested, as that also affects hair growth. Other factors also include bc methods.

Assyrian_Libra

You might be lacking either Silica/Silicon, Vit B like Biotin, or Zinc which those are great for growing hair and healthy skin, and also Iron... maybe drop in some omega-3

aquarius7000

Hi,

Leolady, I know that everyone here is only trying to help with all their suggestions. I just wanted to chime in again and sort of warn against experimenting on your own by taking zinc or iron, etc tablets. Remember that these are all metals, and excess of iron (just in case it is not an iron deficiency that is causing hair loss), for e.g., can do more harm than good. Hence, be careful and have a thorough med check-up first before you decide to become your own doctor. It is alright to try and take that extra bit of spinach or apples or whatever though, but not medicines on your own w/o doctor's prescription.