Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Technique

Horary Technique This sub-board is the placeholder for all threads concerning theoretical and technical issues in horary astrology.

Unread 01-15-2012, 03:07 PM

Interference

I read that when two significators are coming to an aspect, but a third planet is perfecting an aspect with the slower significator first, it is called interference and means the answer is No.

I've seen that happen in horaries more than once.

How about a faster significator aspecting another planet on its way to the slower significator?

What's your experience on that?

Last edited by iwonder; 01-15-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Unread 01-15-2012, 11:24 PM

Re: Interference

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonder View Post
I read that when two significators are coming to an aspect, but a third planet is perfecting an aspect with the slower significator first, it is called interference and means the answer is No.

I've seen that happen in horaries more than once.

How about a faster significator aspecting another planet on its way to the slower significator?

What's your experience on that?

Can you give an example? I mean, the third planet will always be faster, to one degree or another, in order to interfere with the promised aspect of the main significators.

Say, Jupiter is 10 degrees Capricorn applying by conjunction to Saturn at 12 degrees of Capricorn. However, Venus is zooming through Pisces at 9 degrees. She will sextile Jupiter first so the conjunction cannot happen.

Now, if she was at 11 degrees, this could be considered translation of light and use it to strengthen the conjunction since Venus is symbolically carrying the light of Jupiter to Saturn. Or, if she is a significator, Saturn could be collecting the light of both Jupiter and Venus, symbolically bringing them back together.

It's all a play on who the significators are in the chart and how they relate to one another. You have to figure that out before you can call an aspect frustration or prohibition or collection or translation.
betelgeusesirius (02-03-2017)
Unread 01-16-2012, 01:36 AM

I've lately seen those when Moon is significator who is coming to an aspect with the other significator, but aspects a third planet on its way. So I wonder if this should be considered a true interference or just a delay.
Unread 01-19-2012, 03:47 AM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi

If you're counting on the Moon to perfect the matter, then that example would be interference (all other considerations not taken into account). If not then it might not necessarily be the case.

Quote:
It's all a play on who the significators are in the chart and how they relate to one another. You have to figure that out before you can call an aspect frustration or prohibition or collection or translation.
^This, yes. Dear god yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaiousei no Senshi For This Useful Post:
betelgeusesirius (02-03-2017)

Tags
interference