Relocation puts Saturn in the 10th...

Courtney Love

tight applying sextile to Jupiter in the 8th tho... No negative aspects to saturn, unless a quincunx aspect to the moon in the 3rd counts... In fact, saturn has 3 trines.

I've been told that saturn limits what it touches ( and 10th is business, which is what I hope to start), but given the positive aspects to it, should I be worried?

BobZemco

Courtney Love said:
tight applying sextile to Jupiter in the 8th tho... No negative aspects to saturn, unless a quincunx aspect to the moon in the 3rd counts... In fact, saturn has 3 trines.

I've been told that saturn limits what it touches ( and 10th is business, which is what I hope to start), but given the positive aspects to it, should I be worried?

You know, if you'd learn astrology, you wouldn't have to rely on the false machinations of others.

What can you say about Saturn in the 10th?

Well, the first thing that should smack you in the face is that Saturn in the 10th is accidentally dignified.

What can you say about a planet in dignity?

Courtney Love

BobZemco said:
You know, if you'd learn astrology, you wouldn't have to rely on the false machinations of others.

What can you say about Saturn in the 10th?

Well, the first thing that should smack you in the face is that Saturn in the 10th is accidentally dignified.

What can you say about a planet in dignity?

I don't have the basics down, I will readily admit this. I read books and I'm studying on my own, and frankly not so great at it. But when I said that "ive been told" I meant that I'd read the characterization of saturn as "limiting/restrictive" not that someone told me.

However, I spent a while looking up accidental dignity, and I see quite clearly that saturn in the 10th's accidental dignity strengthen's it significantly, made even more potent by the fact that it's in an angular house.

I think. :D

BobZemco

This is your relocated chart? It's good. The difference between trines and sextiles is that trines are flow/harmony/balance, and that can cause people to become lazy, especially if there's too many trines. You need squares to give you some challenge and motivate you. A sextile is self-expression/projection and opportunity. Saturn will give you the responsibility, and Jupiter will give you the opportunity for success.

If you want to see where you might find those opportunities for success, look for the house that holds Jupiter and the two houses that Jupiter rules, Sagittarius and Pisces, and where Jupiter aspects planets in the houses it rules.

Courtney Love

BobZemco said:
This is your relocated chart? It's good. The difference between trines and sextiles is that trines are flow/harmony/balance, and that can cause people to become lazy, especially if there's too many trines. You need squares to give you some challenge and motivate you. A sextile is self-expression/projection and opportunity. Saturn will give you the responsibility, and Jupiter will give you the opportunity for success.

If you want to see where you might find those opportunities for success, look for the house that holds Jupiter and the two houses that Jupiter rules, Sagittarius and Pisces, and where Jupiter aspects planets in the houses it rules.

It is a good chart for Seattle.. jupiter rules the second house (sag) which contains the sun, venus, Neptune and mercury... and it was pointed out to me that not only do some of those 2nd house planets trine saturn and the MC, but the 2nd and the 8th house have mutual reception, since the 8th is ruled by Gemini. Also, I have a kite formation with Jupiter,saturn, chiron and mercury so.. it's kinda crazy.

Mercury rules computers and communication in general... And I really want to start programming and building websites/forums so... I think I'm going to be ok.

Thanks

BobZemco

Courtney Love said:
It is a good chart for Seattle.. jupiter rules the second house (sag) which contains the sun, venus, Neptune and mercury.. and it was pointed out to me that not only do some of those 2nd house planets trine saturn and the MC, but the 2nd and the 8th house have mutual reception, since the 8th is ruled by Gemini. Also, I have a kite formation with Jupiter,saturn, chiron and mercury so.. it's kinda crazy.

Mercury rules computers and communication in general... And I really want to start programming and building websites/forums so... I think I'm going to be ok.

Thanks

Well, here is where you'd want Saturn in the 10th, because you do have so many trines. Don't forget that Uranus rules technology, like computers.

SacredOak

Courtney Love said:

Is saturn conjuct your Midheaven? That can make a huge difference.

I was born with and spent many years with Satrun 10, conjunct my Midheaven. (Saturn is also trine my sun.) Frankly, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I have since moved to my Jupiter conjunct MC line, which, counting the ASC and MC, changes my chart from having 4 grand trines to 12.

I won't bother going on and on about all the reasons why -- anyone can look that up in a book, but in many ways I'm much happier and healthier.

Yeah, there's still progress to be made, that's the case with any location, but I'd never go back to Saturn MC -- I dread even visiting there!

BobZemco

SacredOak said:
Is saturn conjuct your Midheaven? That can make a huge difference.

I was born with and spent many years with Satrun 10, conjunct my Midheaven. (Saturn is also trine my sun.) Frankly, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I have since moved to my Jupiter conjunct MC line, which, counting the ASC and MC, changes my chart from having 4 grand trines to 12.

I won't bother going on and on about all the reasons why -- anyone can look that up in a book, but in many ways I'm much happier and healthier.

Yeah, there's still progress to be made, that's the case with any location, but I'd never go back to Saturn MC -- I dread even visiting there!
That's an incredibly superficial analysis.

People with Saturn conjunct their MC in general are ambitious, well-disciplined, highly motivated, and are excellent leaders.

However, the energies will manifest themselves differently depending on the sign on the MC (which is like, um, real important), and the aspects that Saturn makes as well as the house that Saturn rules in the chart (um, also like real important).

Some people can't handle Saturn conjunct MC because:

1) they failed to learn how to handle both success and failure; and/or
2) it required them to learn how to handle authority and they failed; and/or
3) they never learned to integrate the energy.

Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean that everyone else will experience the same thing.

SacredOak

BobZemco said:
That's an incredibly superficial analysis....
Well Bob, as I said in that original post, I wasn't going to go into all of the details of my Satrun MC experience. And maybe I should have been clearer when I said, "...I wouldn't wish it on anyone" by saying, "I wouldn't wish what I experienced on anyone." Please excuse me for assuming that most readers would have made the connection.

I've also worked on charts with, and personally know a few people who, have Saturn on their midheaven, and they haven't had the negative experience I had -- they had the same qualities that you listed, to varying degrees, but there has always been an edge of difficulty in that location for them, which is typical of Saturn MC, as most astrology authors indicate in their writings.

BobZemco said:
However, the energies will manifest themselves differently depending on the sign on the MC (which is like, um, real important), and the aspects that Saturn makes as well as the house that Saturn rules in the chart (um, also like real important).
I, um, am like real surprised to find this condescending, superior tone in your post, um, Bob. I had noticed it in one or two others' posts here, but hadn't yet seen it in yours. I haven't read all of your posts, though, I must admit, and frankly, I've grown less inclined to do so.

I haven't come to this site to sort through anyone's arrogant, condescending attitude, Bob; I'm here, primarily to read what other astrologers' perspectives are on various astrological topics. I suspect I will find myself avoiding your posts in my pursuit of this endeavor.

So, maybe you can like, um, keep your condescension and arrogance to yourself next time. Nez Pah, Bob?

Last edited: