moving to london...

redwolf481

I am an american moving to london can someone give me insight...relocation astrology is very new to me
I am an actor moving to work in theatre and eventually film and I may go to drama school and uni out there as well...
is it a good move

Quinn
June 14 1985
2:10 pm
canoga park, california
(los angeles)
currently in Austin, tx

Jilly

Banned
America is the home of the big screen,the theatre etc. There are thousands of unemployed actors here, you would be making a massive mistake. I assume that you would be funding your own university course?

redwolf481

sounds like your from london
(wowI would think london would be home of the theatre)
yeah I would have to fund my own university course..probably have to take out loans or grants and apply them to london

though yes I know LA is suppose to be the place to do film
I would think london would have a great theatre scene and many actors started from there though I know many of them do not go to the hollywood screen

I am curious why would I be making a mistake
there are unemployed actors everywhere

Jilly said:
America is the home of the big screen,the theatre etc. There are thousands of unemployed actors here, you would be making a massive mistake. I assume that you would be funding your own university course?

Jilly

Banned
Because the cost of living in London is astronomical, thousands struggle, plus I assume that you do know about having to have an Equity card? You are making a mistake, you would do better staying where you are.

redwolf481

yes I know about equity..I have been doing this for years

believe me I have done my research on living in london and even if things go sour I would have a some great learning expenses under my belt and have been able to see europe at the worst......

but i have been wondering about london's acting scene vs america yes we know that american films dominate the world and if I wanted to do theatre to go to new york but london while not hollywood I would think would still have an excellent film scene(could you tell me more I really do wanna know about londons film scene) and london is the place for stage are you kidding me london and new york are comparible.....I have found my apartment(great deal) and have a roomie moving in and everything...the only problem is the **** visa

your right maybe I won't be able to work but I can sure as hell try..your talking to someone who has allready slept in his car numerous times lived in homless shelters and on benches...been without food and a vehicle and has survived very well(all before 21...23 now) I am fearless with this kinda stuff
I have a stellium in the 9th house my sun, mercury and mars and chiron I am a gemini...my father works in the business in la and I have many contacts there...if I wanted to be there I would go...I don't want to......I still want to study more and my favorite actors are from london thats not why I am moving there...I am moving there because my guts telling me to....which is illogical but what the hell ha ha....but any insight you can give me on london's film scene would be amazing

Jilly said:
Because the cost of living in London is astronomical, thousands struggle, plus I assume that you do know about having to have an Equity card? You are making a mistake, you would do better staying where you are.

aquarius7000

Hi Redwolf,

As always, a chart will be required, can you please post it, and the best would be to complement it with some astrological interpretation from your side, please.

Once the chart etc is there, hopefully others, as well as Jilly, will share their astrological opinions of it with you.;)

Good luck
:)aquarius7000

PS: Theatre is great in London/GB, the land of Shakespeare;). Also, life's a struggle everywhere, on our planet, these days.

redwolf481

solar return chart

aquarius7000 said:
Hi Redwolf,

As always, a chart will be required, can you please post it, and the best would be to complement it with some astrological interpretation from your side, please.

Once the chart etc is there, hopefully others, as well as Jilly, will share their astrological opinions of it with you.;)

Good luck

PS: Theatre is great in London/GB, the land of Shakespeare;). Also, life's a struggle everywhere, on our planet, these days.

redwolf481

astro_2gw_01_quinn.79973.25028.gif

natal chart

aquarius7000 said:
Hi Redwolf,

Good luck

redwolf481

I am brand new to solar returns so any insight especially to my first house would be great............

I know the sun in the first is recognission and that i may have a breakthrough with changing my physical body(I have been working out very hard) and brekathroughs through the arts

venus I would think would emphasise beauty this year
as I have a new body and how I probably want to dress up more now and I am considering a new hairstyle and probably supports my acting

gemini rising house cusp from natal 9th house

I would think this supports me going overseas and to school

thats about as much as I can think of right now...

aquarius7000 said:
Hi Redwolf,

Good luck

Jilly

Banned
First house ie ego etc...

What you are looking for is the sun in the tenth house which signifies recognition.......you don't have it.

redwolf481

jilly I never wrote in this post that if I moved to london would I be a star...or any nonsense....it feels like somehow I made you angry..I wrote here for insight....whats the deal?

aquarius7000

Red,

I have had a very brief look at your natal chart only, as of now, and will only be able to share a few thoughts just now. It's way past midnight here:eek:, and I'm dying to hit the sack.

Ok, let's see with regards to:
I am an american moving to london can someone give me insight....is it a good move
Your natal shows three (personal) planets in the ninth house (higher learning, also everything foreign, and travel). This is an excellent indication that you will have 'foreign connections', be it due to work, study, whatever; and that you will do long-distance travel, be it physical, or in the mind (like through learning, philosophy etc). Sun in the ninth shows that the aforementioned will be the key thing in your life, like be or become your focus. Ninth house ruler Mercury is also placed in the ninth, which only underlines the stuff just mentioned about travel, abroad etc. In fact, you even have planets in the third, which indicates short-distance travels, besides communication, thinking (unique, perhaps a bit rebellious & a free mind- all due to Uranus; but also a fertile and somewhat confused mind due to Neptune there).
Okay now the bit about:
I am an actor moving to work in theatre and eventually film and I may go to drama school and uni out there as well...
This also brilliantly suits you, as per your chart. Firstly, being a Gemini Sun, your are a creative personality, to put it broadly. Fifth house (drama, creativity, also self-expression) is in the creative and free-thinking sign of Aquarius - excellent. Jupiter placed in the fifth and aspecting your Sun, Moon and Venus (though wide orb) only expands on all this and adds an extra feather in your cap, as far as all this goes. Moon & Venus in Taurus is a great placement showing an exquisite sense of and taste for beauty (Venus is in dignity in Taurus), and emotions (Moon exalted in Taurus) which will be well-expressed. Leo on the cusp of eleventh should give you some active movement, perhaps even popularity within the community (can all be well used in your field).

All in all, if you take my advice on the basis of your natal, go for it, man!!!
Anyway, so much for a brief analysis - ha:rolleyes:.

Hope this helps, and do keep us posted about how it all shapes out for you;).
:cool:aquarius7000

Last edited:

redwolf481

thanks aquarius you allways respond to my posts I feel bad because I remmeber now that I forgot to respond to a few of yours(you asked me a few months ago about my venus and beauty or something I will try and remmeber and respond aquarius are you in london

aquarius7000

redwolf481 said:
thanks aquarius you allways respond to my posts I feel bad because I remmeber now that I forgot to respond to a few of yours(you asked me a few months ago about my venus and beauty or something I will try and remmeber and respond aquarius are you in london
No, am not in London; and hey, no worries about pretty Venus, can't remember where I asked what really, but sweet of you to have 'flash-backed' about it;).

:Daquarius7000

Scorpio80

Banned
I have also stellium in the 9th.I am moving also, and also realize the high prices! But I want to live in France.Its good you did your research. Just do it, don't let any one tell you other wise.Your ASC and all house placements changes when you move to London, good luck!