Is staying in drama school better career wise than leaving?

Katyusha

Hi everyone ! Might seem like an odd one but basically I’m in my second year of drama school , I am a bit late to the career at 25 (I’ll be 27 when I finish drama school). I am scared to quit however not sure about staying either as it is a more generalised performance course (they didn’t make it that clear when I started- it’s also a completely new uni&degree) and I want to be on a level to compete with people from the best drama schools in UK.
The acting training is moving forward very slowly as we have a few people in our year that are not as focused and committed to acting and learn reealy slowly so therefore I am constantly frustrated in acting lessons (not saying I’m amazing just have a much greater commitment and thirst to be good &learn)
I just have the feeling that I will have to take an extra year somewhere in London to polish up the acting and it will be expensive

Therefore my question is
TL;DR is it worth me staying in my current drama school career wise? (Or if I quit and find a better school I’ll be on a better track?)

Hope that makes sense ! Sorry for the essay! unfortunately i have no clue how to read a question like this even though i am really good with relationship horary x

Happy 2019 everyone ❤️����

Attachments

• 50210397_792919744434627_6381904742783647744_n.jpg
    50210397_792919744434627_6381904742783647744_n.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

waybread

The early degree rising suggests that it's too soon to tell. Are you clear in your own mind what you want to get out of a drama school? Even if some of your fellow students aren't so serious, what about your faculty?