Do I have a chance as a writer?

Ashmivi

Hello!
I was hoping somebody could help me for a deeper reading of my natal chart.
I have never been a lucky person - I am not pessimistic at all :happy:. I fought a deadly illness for almost 10 years, never had money for more than food and I have lost 4 family members in the last 10 years.
However, I was wondering if I have a chance as a writer. I don't want fame but rather to make a decent living out of it.
I am stuck in a job I dislike but it pays the bills. I love writing. Everybody says I am very talented although I always doubt their words. I have won several minor literary awards in my natal country. Nothing too important but it was a minor form of recognition.

Nevertheless, my question is if I have a real chance to make writing my career or should I keep it as a hobby?
I know I have that Jupiter in the third house and Pluto retrograde on the ninth house.. Could it mean something?
I am realistic about my future and I don't dream big, don't worry:happy:

Thank you very much for reading and/or for taking your time to answer.

Last edited:
Hi Ashmivi,

If your birth time is exact, then yes, you totally have what it takes to become a writer. I am using Koch, btw.

First of all, your III and IX houses are very active and strongly aspected. Mercury and Jupiter (major writer planets) are each focals in “creative” triangles giving you enough energy, drive and joy to do the writing. Numerous connections between II and III indicate a natural gift for it. You can also earn money through this profession.

Even better, your chart contains the classic “writer” house formula III-IV-IX-X (good imagination, abundance of ideas and a gift to translate them into words). Connections III-IX-X are good for publicity and achieving social recognition.

So why then, having a chart like that, are you still doubting yourself? I would think it’s because your Moon/Jupiter conjunction is a bit wide in orb so probably deep in your heart you don’t feel like a “real author”? Well, it’s still there, and you don’t have to be among top-10 best-sellers to be successful, make enough money and enjoy what you are doing. Yours is the writer’s chart. So even if you refuse to make a career out of it, you are likely to continue writing anyways.

Another thing, the tightest aspect in the chart is Mercury square Pluto, both retrograde. Meaning a lot of effort is required from you to kinda “open up” and actually find the exact words to express yourself. I bet you are only expecting the best, if not perfect, from your texts and might even mercilessly destroy the written passages that seem not good enough to you.

Still, so worth doing it to the benefit of yourself and others!

Best wishes,

Sagittarius Jupiter

Hello!
I was hoping somebody could help me for a deeper reading of my natal chart.
I have never been a lucky person - I am not pessimistic at all :happy:. I fought a deadly illness for almost 10 years, never had money for more than food and I have lost 4 family members in the last 10 years.
However, I was wondering if I have a chance as a writer. I don't want fame but rather to make a decent living out of it.
I am stuck in a job I dislike but it pays the bills. I love writing. Everybody says I am very talented although I always doubt their words. I have won several minor literary awards in my natal country. Nothing too important but it was a minor form of recognition.

Nevertheless, my question is if I have a real chance to make writing my career or should I keep it as a hobby?
I know I have that Jupiter in the third house and Pluto retrograde on the ninth house.. Could it mean something?
I am realistic about my future and I don't dream big, don't worry:happy:

My birth date: 21 February, 1988, 5:35 am. Romania, Bucharest.

Thank you very much for reading and/or for taking your time to answer.

Hello,
I recommend you being a truck driver as a starting job. Nothing too fancy, but it pays the bills for someone with a Mars in Sagittarius in the 10th house (from Ascendant). :)
Seriously, I don't see you writing for more than personal fun. :)
You lack planets in the 1st/5th houses. You as a Pisces like to dream, but can be too negative/dreamy. :)
Tell yourself to activate your Aries planets more! :) (Friendly advice) :)
Rahu/NN in first house gives you high imaginations, but lastly a wrong choice, at times (if you're not careful) Thus I tell you...
Writing is good, but your chart for professional life needs to be looked at differently... :) (Writing is careful...) :)
I mean only friendliness with you... :)
How about going into retail business? You as an active Jupiter in Aries person would enjoy it very much! :)
Jupiter in Aries means freedom-love and high technical skills! :)
Venus square Neptune gives you good artistic skills, but keep it as a hobby. :)
Moon conjunct Jupiter can make you a leader in bicycle stores! :)
How about higher education? Have you thought about studying something? (sagittarius) :)
I am your friendly advisor...

Holler if you need more help... :)

C

Ashmivi

Answer for justsaying

Thank you so much for your answer!

I am TRULY grateful for your post!!

You are absolutely right. I don't feel I am writer in the true sense of the word.:innocent:

I have indeed destroyed many texts because of this.:sad:I am writing a novel now but I am stuck at around 58 pages. Everybody says it is great, yet I lack confidence in myself.

I have an extremely boring job, not very well paid but do you think I could at least support myself just from writing?

I am modest but I should mention that I am a very educated person

However, I appreciate your post and investing time in it. The other user - to whom I am also grateful - says that I should keep writing just as a hobby and nothing more... I am still confused.

What do you think?

Kisses!!!

Last edited:

Ashmivi

Answer for Sagittarius Jupiter

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, it is very much appreciated!

I am a professor. :)

I am a little overqualified to be a truck driver :).

So no chance to make a career as a writer?

Thank you so much and a big virtual hug! :):tongue:

Last edited:
Ashmivi,
To answer your further questions –
- first of all, you know yourself and your circumstances better than anyone else on this forum, and it’s of course your decision to make whether to pursue a certain career or not.

- second, the writer’s houses formula from my previous post is only in effect IF YOUR BIRTHTIME IS CORRECT and you have not relocated too far from your birthplace. Otherwise your houses cusps may shift significantly changing it all. Most of the aspects though (except for those with the Moon) will stay the same.
However, the fact that you are a professor and an educated person might confirm your chart, as the professor’s formula is very close to the writer’s, involving multiple connections III-IX-X.

- third, if you decide to give writing a try, I do encourage you to make a career transition plan first, not rush into it. Try the waters a bit before you swim, don’t quit your job yet, however low paid, we all live in the real world and need to pay our bills etc. I would suggest you start with a) giving yourself a permission to take your writing seriously (seems like it’s where you are stuck now) and b) looking out there for opportunities to publish or just share your works, for starters. Nowadays there are plenty of resources, free and paid, available for aspiring writers willing to develop writing/self-publishing/self-promoting skills. Just start digging and searching online.

- talking about writing career in general, I would like to share with you one of my favorite quotes, though I don’t remember the source of it :flushed: But here it is:
“A writer isn’t the one who CAN write; a writer is the one who CANNOT BUT write”.

Hope it helps and best wishes,

JustSaying

Culpeper

Premium Member
Your chart shows that you have more than just a chance at it. I am using whole sign houses so they may not be exactly what shows in your chart. You have Saturn in its own domicile and in the first house. This is a good position for Saturn which also rules the second house of money and income.

Mercury is in the second house. It is the planet of writers and is in a good place for one who would make money by it. Mercury also rules the 9th house of writers and the 6th house. Sixth house would be for journalists who write copy for news papers. Venus in the 4th house rules the 10th and the 5th houses. Venus in the chart rules the career and creative writing as the 5th house.

Your chart shows you could have writing as occupation or career. There are various different possibilities. You should be able to write salable copy. However, you may need a literary agent signified by the Moon near Venus in the chart.

Ashmivi

Thank you, thank you a million times!
If I could, I would kiss you :kissing:
yes, my birth time is correct, very sure of it, I have not relocated at all in the last 30 years of my existence!
Your quotation is very inspiring!!:kissing::kissing::kissing::kissing:
I hope you got my kisses! :innocent:
Ashmivi,
To answer your further questions –
- first of all, you know yourself and your circumstances better than anyone else on this forum, and it’s of course your decision to make whether to pursue a certain career or not.

- second, the writer’s houses formula from my previous post is only in effect IF YOUR BIRTHTIME IS CORRECT and you have not relocated too far from your birthplace. Otherwise your houses cusps may shift significantly changing it all. Most of the aspects though (except for those with the Moon) will stay the same.
However, the fact that you are a professor and an educated person might confirm your chart, as the professor’s formula is very close to the writer’s, involving multiple connections III-IX-X.

- third, if you decide to give writing a try, I do encourage you to make a career transition plan first, not rush into it. Try the waters a bit before you swim, don’t quit your job yet, however low paid, we all live in the real world and need to pay our bills etc. I would suggest you start with a) giving yourself a permission to take your writing seriously (seems like it’s where you are stuck now) and b) looking out there for opportunities to publish or just share your works, for starters. Nowadays there are plenty of resources, free and paid, available for aspiring writers willing to develop writing/self-publishing/self-promoting skills. Just start digging and searching online.

- talking about writing career in general, I would like to share with you one of my favorite quotes, though I don’t remember the source of it :flushed: But here it is:
“A writer isn’t the one who CAN write; a writer is the one who CANNOT BUT write”.

Hope it helps and best wishes,

JustSaying

Ashmivi

Hello and thank you so much for your message!

I am very grateful for taking your time to answer:biggrin::love::love::love:

:happy:
I also remember that in my home country I tried online a very popular astrology application and it revealed my natal chart as having Mercury retrograde in the first house, not the second,as you mentioned in your post.
The same birth time, of course.
How can this difference be explained?
Thank you and a big virtual hug! :kissing:

Your chart shows that you have more than just a chance at it. I am using whole sign houses so they may not be exactly what shows in your chart. You have Saturn in its own domicile and in the first house. This is a good position for Saturn which also rules the second house of money and income.

Mercury is in the second house. It is the planet of writers and is in a good place for one who would make money by it. Mercury also rules the 9th house of writers and the 6th house. Sixth house would be for journalists who write copy for news papers. Venus in the 4th house rules the 10th and the 5th houses. Venus in the chart rules the career and creative writing as the 5th house.

Your chart shows you could have writing as occupation or career. There are various different possibilities. You should be able to write salable copy. However, you may need a literary agent signified by the Moon near Venus in the chart.

Last edited: