Does he still have feelings?

scahm

My ex is an avoidant and he recently broke up with me out of fear of committing further in the relationship. The relationship ended abruptly and we've been no contact since. As some time has now passed and we've had some space and distance between us, I've been wondering whether he misses me.

I'm aware that the early rising sign suggests that it's probably too soon to say but this is my interpretation:

He's in the sign of his detriment, not feeling great in himself, but in the sign of my domicile and in my house, so probably a sign that he still cares and has feelings. He recently squared Venus, the ruler of his third house of thoughts, though this is in the sign of my exaltation and will eventually trine me (Saturn) - potential for future communication here?

The sun, his co-significator, in the sign of my detriment however shows that his pride perhaps is getting in the way of our connection, though I'm unsure what the approaching opposition to Jupiter suggests.

His next aspect is a trine to Mercury, ruler of his 12th house of subconscious and regret, followed by a trine to Mars, ruler of my third house of communication. Is this chart suggesting future communication between us?

Many thanks for your thoughts on this chart.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 14.46.57.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 14.46.57.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 14.47.10.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 14.47.10.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 25

lunaluna

Maybe the situation is still developing, so there is still time for things to change and hence the early ASC.

In addition to what you said, him being in the first house indicates interest in you.

It’s a mixed bag with the receptions, but I guess that’s what most of relationships are, it’s never black and white.

As to will there be any contact, can’t really say, as there are no aspects between your significators, but your question wasn’t about thatt anyway, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

scahm

Maybe the situation is still developing, so there is still time for things to change and hence the early ASC.

In addition to what you said, him being in the first house indicates interest in you.

It’s a mixed bag with the receptions, but I guess that’s what most of relationships are, it’s never black and white.

As to will there be any contact, can’t really say, as there are no aspects between your significators, but your question wasn’t about thatt anyway, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

Thanks luna - could you please explain the receptions a little further? I would have assumed that him in my domicile is a good sign of his interest, whilst my reception to him is indicative of how my own feelings towards him,

lunaluna

Thanks luna - could you please explain the receptions a little further? I would have assumed that him in my domicile is a good sign of his interest, whilst my reception to him is indicative of how my own feelings towards him,

Okay, I’ll go a little more in-depth and try to explain how I see it, but please bear in mind it’s just my interpretation, I might as well not be right.
I said that the receptions are a mixed bag because what I see in this chart is a conflicted person. We see him in your first house and in the sign of your domicile, showing both interest and some remaining feelings for you. As you briefly mentioned, I think something might have happened between you two that hurt him, bruised his ego. So the way I see it is he is unable to move on, but he’s not happy about it. We don’t see him taking action towards you, which tells me he’s indecisive and conflicted, his own feelings towards you might be conflicting.

Does this make any sense to you in regards to your situation?

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
He may still think about you, with him/Moon being your house. But there is no reception, favorable or unfavorable, from him/Moon to you Saturn. So no feelings, ill or good.
You/Saturn are also in your own house, more self-involved. And you do have feelings for him, since he/Moon is in the sign of your/Saturn's dignity. So Moon still looks very good to you.

Last edited:

scahm

Thank you both - it's really hard to assess how I view receptions, particularly in this instance, as I'm unsure whether I even still have feelings for him and I currently view him in a negative light, but have an odd longing for him regardless.

Indecisive and conflicted would be accurate to describe him for sure - he was unsure of his decision when he chose to end it and I can imagine his pride/fear fo rejection is definitely what's stopping him from reaching out.

lunaluna

Thank you both - it's really hard to assess how I view receptions, particularly in this instance, as I'm unsure whether I even still have feelings for him and I currently view him in a negative light, but have an odd longing for him regardless.

Indecisive and conflicted would be accurate to describe him for sure - he was unsure of his decision when he chose to end it and I can imagine his pride/fear fo rejection is definitely what's stopping him from reaching out.

I have the same feeling about a person from my past, so I get you.

I was also indecisive about the receptions. There are different ways of interpreting them. I guess one needs practice to see what works best.
I’ve had charts in which I was in my first house and in my domicile while feeling like absolute ****, as opposed to “strong by sign and focused on self”, which is the usual interpetation of the placement I mentioned. I guess there must have been some clues elsewhere in the chart that could have explained it, but I wasn’t experienced enough to see it.

lunaluna

He may still think about you, with him/Moon being your house. But there is no reception, favorable or unfavorable, from him/Moon to you Saturn. So no feelings, ill or good.
You/Saturn are also in your own house, more self-involved. And you do have feelings for him, since he/Moon is in the sign of your/Saturn's dignity. So Moon still looks very good to you.

I was inclined to go the same route when interpreting this. But what made me go the other way is, do we really show interest in people we have no feelings towards? If he’s indifferent, how come he showed up in her first house?

Please don’t get me wrong, I am not questioning your interpretation, I am hoping I could learn something from this.

scahm

To provide an update - I had seen that he was lurking my social media after muting my profiles for the past month, so I can confirm that the chart was right in showing that he was thinking about me. I have had no further contact from him however - I wouldn't be surprised if he was conflicted about reaching out, given the way things ended between us.

Having reflected on your comments Luna, it's possible that he may have noticed that I had unfollowed him on all social media platforms to formally sever ties, and that may be what bruised his ego.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
I was inclined to go the same route when interpreting this. But what made me go the other way is, do we really show interest in people we have no feelings towards? If he’s indifferent, how come he showed up in her first house?

Please don’t get me wrong, I am not questioning your interpretation, I am hoping I could learn something from this.

Thank you for this thoughtful comment.
I know for myself, I can find something interesting, can be interested, and have not feelings about it. I can be interested in someone, out of curiosity, and not really have feelings. Interest and curiosity are closely related and do not necessarily indicate feelings.

scahm

Thank you for this thoughtful comment.
I know for myself, I can find something interesting, can be interested, and have not feelings about it. I can be interested in someone, out of curiosity, and not really have feelings. Interest and curiosity are closely related and do not necessarily indicate feelings.

Thanks Ilene, that's a very valid point and further adds to my confusion about the way I perceive reception.

I think my personal inclination in this instance is to take it the other way, as I feel that Moon entering the sign of Saturn's domicile may suggest that they are under the power of Saturn, especially as it's the sign of Moon's detriment. As I relate this to the chart, I'm inclined to think this may be reflection of how he feels powerless to make a move, especially after I cut ties after the breakup. I do feel strong and self-involved, though perhaps me being retrograde explains the longing I have for the past/the desire to meet him were he to approach me - I'm not sure I would say I have feelings for him but rather an attachment I suppose.

I've definitely had instances where I've felt reception was shown the other way however, so I remain undecided.

scahm

To provide a further update - he recently liked an old photo on my Instagram, which I'm guessing is reflected by the Venus/Saturn trine. He was drunkenly lurking my page at 4am, which I think confirms the mixed feelings.

Thank you all for your input.

Bunraku

That's just how men flirt. They like a photo that's like 5 months old.

Women on social media post a story and hope the man(target) sees it.