Break-up, and could we be friends?

LovelyMissAries

It's me. The problems have not resolved themselves entirely. They did temporarily and now it's back to the same issue. However, I don't think it's necessarily ME, this guy just has a lot on his plate and there's no where for me to fit.

I asked if HE wants ME to break-up with him, not necessarily "Does he want to break up." I'm not sure if the chart can answer that but we'll see. Additionally, I want to know if we can be friends. When you look at it I think it speaks for itself :biggrin: I used Whole Signs.

L1 / L7

He is Saturn in Aquarius, in my fall, in his own house. I've gotten so bad with receptions, but I think this means I don't like him very much. I'm getting some intuitive hits from this placement too - Aquarius is innovative and disruptive energy, and even though it's Saturn-ruled, eh... still kinda crazy for a traditional planet. Aquarius to me represents multiple people, and disorder (for a higher good or not) and arguments. It ALSO represents FRIENDSHIP. Maybe he wants friendship too. Also Aquarius breaks up things, so... I see Saturn is separating from Sun and Moon, and I had cast a chart last night asking if he liked me (I know, "Bad, MissAries.") and they were applying. I think it just symbolized our contact. Saturn in Aquarius is also "Hot and cold." It's super fitting, I think.

I am Sun in Gemini conjunct exact with new Moon in Gemini. I was about to say this points to my interest in him as a man, but I'm both Sun and Moon, so .. no? I'm in the House of friendship, but also in Horary that's his L5. Also, it's the house of obstacles I think (Someone told me even though it's the wishes and dreams house that that can present an obstacle if you want it too bad? Or maybe it depends what rules there.) I promise he is NOT talking to another woman. But with Gemini ruling that it again points to lots of mental energy, talking, third parties (like work, or multiple people in whatever capacity.) I have been talking to my friends figuring out how to handle this, because I like him and he likes me but we have such a disconnect as far as planning and communication.

Something else I see here that's unorthodox is Mars in Pisces in HIS 2nd house. I view the 2nd house as kind of the tangible, physical "reality" house. Mars in Pisces here says maybe he imagines doing something but doesn't have the energy, and that makes sense because he's been EXHAUSTED. He has a lot of changes going on at work that he brought on himself (Saturn.. in.. Aquarius.) Mars in Pisces maybe doesn't know what to do and is just going along with the flow, and that of course is squaring and causing friction with Moon in Gemini who WANTS TO KNOW and talk about their feelings. I'm this guy's first girlfriend at 31, and prior to that he's only had flings or one-night stands. It makes me wonder if I should hang on until Mars moves into Aries in June. Also, Pisces is traditional 12H ruled, in the 8th house. Maybe he wants to end it but doesn't have the courage to do so. Or he's dreaming of sex. :unsure:

Finally, I'm wondering if this chart is pointing to an online friend I have, who've I've intermittently come into contact with over the years. I've never met him but we've always met on dating apps and we did this time too... while I've been in a "relationship" with this guy. Me and the online friend only briefly text and follow each other on Instagram, nothing salacious whatsoever. I won't say it's my shining moment, but want to reiterate there's some boundaries there. I'm not truly interested in this guy beyond a friendship, but mentioning it because of the air sign influence in this chart. This chart just makes me feel there are lots of people playing a part in this relationship whether directly or indirectly, and like it separates me and my "boyfriend."

Attachments

• BreakUp.jpg
    BreakUp.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 35

Chrysalis

I've looked at the lot to signify a breakup, which falls @ 13 Capricorn in the 12th house of restrictions and losses and with him Saturn retrograding towards the lot and the placement of the lot, it does look like he wants you to break up.

As if you could then be friends. The lot of friendship falls @ 13 Virgo, ruler Mercury in the 11th house of friendship with the moon and conjunct Venus and beneficial NN. Also, note SN is in the 5th which is not good for dating and romance.

It does look like you'll be better off friends than lovers during this time.

IleneK

Premium Member
My dear Lovely,

I can't tell if he wants you to break up with him. What I do see is that he is very strong it this matter, he/Saturn is in his dignity, in his own house and on an angle. He is very involved in his own affairs, moving back into his own house/sign by retrogradation. So I think he is contented with the way things are.
You/Sun, on the other hand, are not. By reception, you do not like what you are seeing in him in this matter. The two of you are moving apart, you by natural motion and him by retrogradation. You are separating from what was a trine with him/Saturn, both as Sun and as Moon signifying the querent. This has gotten you really bugged.

You are in your own house of friends; you are in his 5th sign of lovers and romance.

I think you are the one thinking about wanting to break up with him because as much as you really like him, he does not conduct himself/his life as you might prefer, as in:
"But with Gemini ruling that it again points to lots of mental energy, talking, third parties (like work, or multiple people in whatever capacity.) I have been talking to my friends figuring out how to handle this, because I like him and he likes me but we have such a disconnect as far as planning and communication."

and

"Mars in Pisces here says maybe he imagines doing something but doesn't have the energy, and that makes sense because he's been EXHAUSTED. He has a lot of changes going on at work that he brought on himself."

and

"Mars in Pisces maybe doesn't know what to do and is just going along with the flow, and that of course is squaring and causing friction with Moon in Gemini who WANTS TO KNOW and talk about their feelings."
All I can say is that: relationships/marriage are very hard.
No exceptions, no one gets pass, no matter what they might tell you or what you think you might see.

I see a lot of positive stuff here between you. A lot. And I see some annoying differences: His passivity/going with the flow and your impatience and wanting to KNOW and talk about feelings. If you want to try to cultivate the good stuff, of which there appears to be a good deal, you have to find a way to be with the stuff that does not please you, annoys you, etc.

I think he is getting on way better in this than you are.

You have to ask yourself and then answer honestly:
Do YOU want to break up with him?

It is time to quit deflecting this truly crucial question with the red herring question that motivated this chart initially.
Do you want to break up with him? is the true underlying question.

I am truly wishing you the best, Lovely; he seems like a pretty good and nice guy.

Last edited: