Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Bunraku

There’s no relation between hard work or sleep hygiene and good sleep in a lockdown for a mother of 3. ��

Good sleep hygiene consists of only using the bed for:
Sleep
Sex

If one can't fall asleep within 15 minutes then get out and do something else, otherwise the body is conditioned that the bed is a place to be awake.

This is what a doula taught me.

conspiracy theorist

Okay. Does that still work when you have a team to take care of?

Depends on the team, age and stage wise. Strong boundaries still work wonders. If young kids are in the mix, I'd imagine the approach will need to differ if you care about their well-being. Of course I have no authority there.

Last edited:

leomoon

Trump is a weak man's version of a strong man and a dumb man's version of an intelligent man.

https://www.military.com/daily-news...e-generals-fear-of-trump-reaction-report.html

Someone needs to ask the head of the entire Army WHY he was so afraid of this bully, djt? The little man with little squat hands who actually quivers at the idea of facing a court, a judge or even Mueller's inquiry.

Did you know he wears "lifts" in his shoes to appear taller then his morbidly obese frame. Others noticed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticalHumor/comments/cu0tb7/trump_stands_in_a_weird_way_and_an_expert/

Photos of Trump wearing Lifts accdg. to some who also wear them: (one leans forward) He also wears heels higher then the norm for men which imo, does not flatter at all, because his weight pulls his pant legs up and you see the heels of the shoes when he walks, and looks rather silly as though this wealthy man's suits are all too small for him. (they probably are now)

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=x8%2b1ho8U&id=FB699AB52A69820496EDCC2BB15C034FD45F874B&thid=OIP.x8-1ho8UfDzek2px_1TWvgHaEI&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fexternal-preview.redd.it%2fxbcL63-53bDn1Qfxw_xwDUfIB8U4Ir4WclPj3nji0Us.jpg%3fauto%3dwebp%26s%3d7c43e0ff20789a2d4126e327c7982af653aaa029&exph=540&expw=967&q=trump+wears+lifts&simid=608036347557121417&ck=63DDC2F0BB873E1D3C9A9F77B51AD9E0&selectedIndex=0&FORM=IRPRST&idpp=overlayview&ajaxhist=0

Women voters who voted for him need to question themselves NOW with this latest information of women as top Generals. I always said he had "issues" with strong women, stemming from his own mother.

I think this goes a long way towards verification of that premise.:whistling:

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

The whole situation sounds very high energy for both of you, a date on Valentine’s Day! Did you wear the lavender bracelet?
I bet a lot of people have trouble sleeping these days even without dating in the equation.

I know, lucky me right!! I haven’t even had time to appreciate I had a date on Valentine’s Day but it’ll be a nice memory to remember and first V Day in years I’ve had something to do with a guy. Yep I wore my lavender aromatherapy bracelet. Maybe it helps more than I realized. He commented on it and said he loves lavender and makes him sleepy and he started to relax a bit then stopped himself.

He ended up cancelling tonight because he is leaving for work at 5am. It’s been a problem in the past girls not understanding he works away for a week at a time then sees his friends and children in between that. I’m glad he cancelled though, saved me doing it. I’m knackered. Broken sleep and tough day at work. I’ll tell him that and not make him feel bad. Also told him during our date the fact he works away is what I like because I need my space. As long as I can trust the guy not to use it to his advantage, I can give him space. I need to ground myself in between to give my best version. :)

Last edited:

david starling

Trump's muse, conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh, has died. He initiated the use of widespread, insulting name-calling, like "feminazi" and "libtard", that we see so much of today on social media. A lot of blue-collar workers played his radio show while on the job, and agreed with everything he said. Rush called them his "ditto-heads".

Ill with lung cancer for a long time, he faced death bravely, and kept his spirits up until the end.

Last edited:

Oddity

Thanks for not being totally horrible here. Wasn't a big fan myself, but the bile on twitter today did me in completely. Apparently the tolerant, compassionate left couldn't spew enough joy over Rush's death.

He had a radio show. Not quite on a par with Hitler.

I so don't understand.

Trump's muse, conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh, has died. He initiated the use of widespread, insulting name-calling, like "feminazi" and "libtard", that we see so much of today on social media. A lot of blue-collar workers played his radio show while on the job, and agreed with everything he said. Rush called them his "ditto-heads".

Ill with lung cancer for a long time, he faced death bravely, and kept his spirits up until the end.

david starling

Thanks for not being totally horrible here. Wasn't a big fan myself, but the bile on twitter today did me in completely. Apparently the tolerant, compassionate left couldn't spew enough joy over Rush's death.

I so don't understand.

They're playing Limbaugh's game, without even realizing it!

Osamenor

Staff member

Ever heard that the real difference between heaven and hell is the way that you're remembered?

May Rush Limbaugh rest in peace. I mean that sincerely. But the way people remember him... well, that's what he earned by how he lived.

He may not be quite on a par with Hitler, but you know what the difference was between Rush Limbaugh and the Hindenburg?

One was a flaming Nazi hot air bag and the other was a zepellin.

Joke told in his honor.

Bunraku

Rush Limbaugh listed off people who died of AIDS and put cheerful music over it as if to celebrate. He had it as its own little segment.

So he can make fun and celebrate people dying horrible illnesses, yet his fans turn around and say Rush is off limits? :)

david starling

Trump knew by being in battlefield everything is fair game and doesn't expect special treatment. A man of true honor :)

I was puzzled that he told his followers that he was going to walk with them to the Capitol building.

Then he deserted them, and left them on their own. Is that what you call "true honor" ?

He left them on their own and went back to the safety of the White House to watch the mayhem on television, like a true coward.

He was afraid to even show his face at the Senate impeachment trial to defend his actions.

Last edited:

Bunraku

I was puzzled that he told his followers that he was going to walk with them to the Capitol building.

Then he deserted them, and left them on their own. Is that what you call "true honor" ?

He left them on their own and went back to the safety of the White House to watch the mayhem on television, like a true coward.

He was afraid to even show his face at the Senate impeachment trial to defend his actions.

Do you know there are more than one ways to be with people? He was there in spirit and his virtue fanned the passionate flames in the hearts of many Americans that day. He will forever be a symbol of American freedom and pride.

The rest are just actors hired to be violent. This was a peaceful meeting

And why would he show up to some phony charade, when he has done nothing wrong? He has many important matters to attend to :) 1) Being with his family 2) Melania and 3) his kids.

Bunraku

Cambridge Dictionary definition of "Wild":

"Unrestrained, violent, or extreme."

Trump's slogan for his planned rally at the Capitol:

"Be There. Will Be Wild."

Dictionaries are poor resources and possibly a bad/frequently misused invention IMO. They don’t convey meanings/feelings of words but box them in categories/definitions. I feel like this stifles the evolution of language.

Virgo-Gemini dichotomy.

ElenaJ

Cambridge Dictionary definition of "Wild":

"Unrestrained, violent, or extreme."

Trump's slogan for his planned rally at the Capitol:

"Be There. Will Be Wild."

First time I'm hearing this was Trump's slogan.

However, wild has an infinite number of definitions.
Oxford defines it as "exciting, delightful", among other definitions.

"We had a wild time at the party Saturday night" has nothing to do with violence.

Webster's New Collegiate defines it as "passionately eager or enthusiastic", among other definitions.

And of course, there is always the definition most appropriate for your comment..." having no basis in known or surmised fact".

"It was just a wild comment thrown in there by David".

Just saying.