Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences

dersette

I entered Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (University), and I have to choose double majors (student studies in two equally important programs for equal degrees in both of them).
I want to make the right decision. :unsure:

Double major programs are:
  • Philosophy
  • Archaeology
  • History
  • History of Art
  • Sociology
  • Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology
  • Comparative literature
  • Croatian language and literature
  • Pedagogy
  • Linguistics
  • Phonetics and languages and literatures (English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Rumanian, Spanish, Swedish, Classic Philology etc)
I am most interested at History of Art and Comparative literature, but basically I wouldn't mind study any of these programs. :love:

Which has the most potential, with due to my natal?

I find myself somehow in both methods( Placidus AND Whole signs) so I`ll put both natal charts...PLACIDUS:
http://tinypic.com/r/30vn9qe/5

WHOLE SIGN:
http://tinypic.com/r/10fe3cn/5
P.S. Sorry if my English is bad, please correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.:confused:

sandstone

Banned
good question dersette,

in order for me to answer, it would mean that i understand these double major programs really well and i don't...

history makes sense - capricorn rising with saturn strong and close to the ascendant and in opposition to jupiter the planet connected to philosophy..

mars ruler of midheaven in gemini is ruled by mercury in pisces and back to jupiter... pluto in the midheaven is also suggestive of more research based vocation..

i suppose i would stick with your first choice history of art.. as for a 2nd choice perhaps philosophy.. pedagogy looks especially interesting to me, but i don't completely understand it.. your chart is like a splash type chart with the energy scattered around the 360 circle which can suggest the ability to pull energy and insight from a number of different angles to serve your needs and give greater meaning.. linguistics might be a bit too cut and dry for you with the mercury in pisces to your chart.. perhaps someone else will comment to offer you some other viewpoints from the astro angle.. cheers james

waybread

One thing you might think about is what career you would like to have when you graduate, and what majors would best lead to that goal; as well as the employment prospects for graduates in different fields. Higher education is a 9th house matter. Your 9th house is ruled by Venus, who rules the fine arts generally. So I think your preferences would be fine.... if you think they will get you where you want to be, 10 years from now.

QuaternityEagle

II am most interested at History of Art and Comparative literature, but basically I wouldn't mind study any of these programs. :love:

At first when I looked at your chart comparative literature did not seem to me a good choice, but with Libra ruling the 9th house, comparisons actually would come naturally, appreciation for literature from the Virgo Moon. Art would also make sense given the Venus influence. As for History OF Art, well yes the Capricorn ASC would make sense, but with the Moon ruling the 6th house and so much water influence (Pisces Sun), Pluto conjunct a Scorpio Midheaven, you're definitely concerned with the past, the meaning of it, how it shapes and defines things.

what you want to do with this all... do you want to become a professor?

Gwenyhfair

hi, I also recently started studies at Faculty of humanities,I know less of astrology than academic fields:whistling:

you are lucky to have merc conj sum, it means you can study well. I´m also not sure about the double majors, but all school have different systems and they change with time. Where I studied you now must choose one major and two minor subjects. this gives very little flexibility and options to choose between the different fields. Some ten years ago at this Faculty things were different and I did not know it had changed when I applied.

So - do you like freedom or teachers telling you what to do? What is your dream job?

Sun and mercury in pisces and scorpio MC suggest you could study philosophy, and go deep in the odder side of the subject:wink:

I am scorpio rising and not a typical student, but virgo MC helps me a lot. i take courses in linguistics and that , in my opinion, suits a person with water in chart. My major is a language pair (2 languages with emphasis on translation but it´s my first year). With all the grammatic rules and spelling rules I´d go nowhere w/o virgo MC, and I suppose mars touring it in virgo now:pinched:

So are you meticulous and can focus on one short text for days to make it perfect, or find the faults in another? If the answer is no, definitely not choose your mother tongue or english (french, italian). My wild guess is there hardly are proper teachers for advanced swedish or spanish:pinched: You´d probably start with basic stuff like glossaries and phonetics. (my country has a lot of that, and oh yes even basic courses in Icelandic and Dutch but never advanced levels at Universities)