Inside the true motives of Scorpio.

Lykanized

If anyone wants to dig into the REAL truth of Scorpio, I can do that because I understand Scorpios. I also understand Pluto but I don't consider Scorpio to be Pluto since it's also ruled by Mars and classically was only ruled by Mars

I understand their darkness(everyone has darkness, not just Scorpios), I understand their light. I'm interested in engaging this topic with truth, not referencing stereotypes that hold maybe 1% of water

ardentika

If anyone wants to dig into the REAL truth of Scorpio, I can do that because I understand Scorpios. I also understand Pluto but I don't consider Scorpio to be Pluto since it's also ruled by Mars and classically was only ruled by Mars

I understand their darkness(everyone has darkness, not just Scorpios), I understand their light. I'm interested in engaging this topic with truth, not referencing stereotypes that hold maybe 1% of water

Well that's a bold statement to make. Everyone would have a different understanding and I don't think there is one ultimate truth to it. I don't think you can definitely say you have discovered the truth about Scorpio cos there is not one truth that exists. I have Venus and NN in Scorpio in 8th house. Also Pluto squaring my Saturn and Mars and connunct my Jupiter . Also Pluto being at 29 Scorpio.
I have my own understanding of this energy accordingly as to how it has played out in my life and what I've seen from others with that energy. It definitely won't hold the same meaning as it does to you but doesn't make it less true. You know ?

Lykanized

Well that's a bold statement to make. Everyone would have a different understanding and I don't think there is one ultimate truth to it. I don't think you can definitely say you have discovered the truth about Scorpio cos there is not one truth that exists. I have Venus and NN in Scorpio in 8th house. Also Pluto squaring my Saturn and Mars and connunct my Jupiter . Also Pluto being at 29 Scorpio.
I have my own understanding of this energy accordingly as to how it has played out in my life and what I've seen from others with that energy. It definitely won't hold the same meaning as it does to you but doesn't make it less true. You know ?
Having it in your own chart can make your more biased. Being able to observe multiple people daily is far different. I feel completely and totally able to backup my statements

Notice I didn't actually say I have discovered the truth of Scorpio btw. You didn't the first time but hopefully now you'll take notice of some greater subtleties in what I actually wrote vs what you read. I said I wanted to discuss the truth, not that I had discovered it

Your understanding seems to be based on stereotypes so I don't think I would trust your perspective

Btw, I'm very Plutonian myself in addition to what I wrote above about being able to observe multiple Scorpionic individuals daily. However, there's a difference between Plutonian and Scorpionic

I personally find both Scorpio and Pluto to be very intriguing, but you have to go deeper than the stereotypes. I have a theory about Pluto itself that I've only expressed in bits and pieces in this thread

Last edited:

Baat

I'd be interested to hear your perspectives.

ardentika

Having it in your own chart can make your more biased. Being able to observe multiple people daily is far different. I feel completely and totally able to backup my statements

Notice I didn't actually say I have discovered the truth of Scorpio btw. You didn't the first time but hopefully now you'll take notice of some greater subtleties in what I actually wrote vs what you read. I said I wanted to discuss the truth, not that I had discovered it

Your understanding seems to be based on stereotypes so I don't think I would trust your perspective

Btw, I'm very Plutonian myself in addition to what I wrote above about being able to observe multiple Scorpionic individuals daily. However, there's a difference between Plutonian and Scorpionic

I personally find both Scorpio and Pluto to be very intriguing, but you have to go deeper than the stereotypes. I have a theory about Pluto itself that I've only expressed in bits and pieces in this thread

Lol. So you wouldn't trust my perspective cos me having heavy Pluto Scorpio makes me biased but you yourself is heavy plutonian and I should trust your perspective because you won't be
I have also said I've observed others so idk how you missed that.
. What's going on here haha.

It's a perspective. Either discuss it or don't. People have opinions and share them. Everyone is biased to such topics, you aren't more special than the rest. Idk why we even have to go there.

waybread

I can't recognize the sun Scorpios of my acquaintance in this discussion. Maybe because each chart is different and the other planets all make their mark?

My mother was a sun Scorpio whose life had a very promising beginning. One patriarchal husband, 3 kids, and a house-bound life in the suburbs later, she gradually deteriorated into depression and alcohol. I unfortunately don't recall where I read this, but one astrologer described an unhappy Scorpio's stages of decline.

1. The Scorpio lashes out at others with her stinger.
2. If this doesn't work, the Scorpio stings herself.
3. The Scorpio dies of her own poison.

My mother had a brief, unhappy old age where these stages were manifest.

A good friend of mine now is a sun Scorpio. We live in a remote part of the Canadian Rockies, at least by city standards: 1.5 hours' drive through the mountains to the nearest Walmart. She lives alone on a big forest acreage with only a small dog for company, plus summer visits from her long-distance boyfriend. My friend is extremely sensitive and shy, which she attributes to her family moving frequently when she was young. As an artist, she is extremely creative and resourceful. The last thing she wants is to pick a fight with anyone.

Whatever it is that typifies a sun-sign, it has to be a lot deeper or more elusive than social media portrays.

Lykanized

Lol. So you wouldn't trust my perspective cos me having heavy Pluto Scorpio makes me biased but you yourself is heavy plutonian and I should trust your perspective because you won't be
I have also said I've observed others so idk how you missed that.
. What's going on here haha.

It's a perspective. Either discuss it or don't. People have opinions and share them. Everyone is biased to such topics, you aren't more special than the rest. Idk why we even have to go there.
You use too many stereotype references in your ‘discussion’. I already said that’s why I wouldn’t trust your perspective. I don’t see why I need to reiterate it. It would seem you also use them in your ‘observation’

I don’t care if you trust my perspective either. I’m just not gonna dilute the conversation to the level of stereotypes

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I can add my observations of those who have heavy Scorpion energy in their charts i.e. stelliums. I think stelliums help to better grasp the "typical" pattern of a sign, in the sense of prototypical rather than stereotypical. I have had a positive experience with the people of this sign, probably due to the fact that it is my 11th house cusp. Nevertheless, I don't think that will cloud my judgment on these individuals.

I am making observations based on:

Person 1 Male - Scorpio stellium (Sun, Mars, Pluto, Mercury) 1991
Person 2 Female- Scorpio stellium (Sun, Mercury Rx, Pluto, Mars) 1993
Person 3 Female - Scorpio stellium (Venus, Mercury, Sun, Mars) 1929
Person 4 Male - Scorpio stellium (Mercury, Venus Rx, Sun, Jupiter, Pluto) 1994
Person 5 Female - Scorpio stellium (Mercury, Venus Rx, Sun, Jupiter, Pluto) 1994
Person 6 Male - Scorpio stellium (possibly Moon, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Pluto) 1994
Person 7 Male - Scorpio stellium (Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Pluto) 1994

All the 1994 births also had the NN in Scorpio.

The majority of what I say will be based on those with the Sun in their stelliums. I added the last two because of a sort of "division" I see in them. I'll elaborate more in a while. Also notice that the sun isn't in these last two stelliums.

The "energy" of this group I would describe broadly as a low humming engine; they are generally quiet but it is a quiet that is "pregnant". There is something muted and watchful about them.

They are long-term oriented and deeply committed. Not adaptable but this is no surprise as the sign is fixed. As a result of their lack of flexibility I see two traits manifest - they can be deeply affected by phenomena which stays with them for many years or the rest of their lives - in the case of the one born in 1929, upon losing her child in a miscarriage and then her husband, she gave up on life and became the famous "grey lizard" iteration of the Scorpio energy. The other is a territoriality that I think all the fixed signs show in different ways. Leo and Scorpio can be "fierce" although Scorpio uses more innuendo and implication when showing force. All of the solar Scorpio display immovability comfortably - they are more defensive than offensive. They do seem to have a greater ability to scheme and to be patient, which is great especially when they are young since their peer group may not have the same level of control on their impulses.

I am currently most in contact with Male 1 and female 2 and in my current environment, I'd say that they are among those few that I would describe as having "depth". What I mean is, they display a level of self-awareness, breadth of understanding in regard to their actions, responsibility and ownership of the decisions they make, have taken the time to know what motivates them and they are devoted to those that they love in a way that can almost be construed as self-sacrificing wrapped up with a willingness to remain steadfast to their convictions. They will work assiduously to the point of exhaustion for the ones that they hold most dear. They are loyal people and aren't easily impressed by a glamorous display.

Some in the group have a provocative reputation; attached to male 1 is an air of "implied violence" coupled with no desire to feign or fake to please anybody, female 2 is rumored to have slept with her boss for her position (conveniently nobody sees this person going above and beyond the call of duty even to the point of covering the asses of her lazier co-workers), female 3 was known to be very quick to violence and ruthless in her more youthful days, Male 4 lives a musician lifestyle with all the drugs, parties and women that that entails, and female 5 is seen as confrontational, verbally threatening, and sexually provocative.

This group is a practical set of people - their aims and drives are mostly grounded in the material world and success in that sphere, which is not to say that these persons lack spirituality or deeper values. One person of the group can be confirmed to be deeply spiritual with magical interests (although not as a practitioner) but I think that can partly be explained by the era she grew up in. If Scorpio contributes to mysticism or a focus on the occult, these individuals do not display that trait. It could also be a deeply private affair which is not out of the picture, but then I've spoken to some of these people enough to know that a spiritual conception of the world is not fundamental to their way of life.

They also tend to be soft-spoken and male 1 is even something of a whisperer. Female 5 is probably only solar Scorpio that breaks the trend in this group but this could be explained by her identifying more with her Aries Moon as well as a possibly more outgoing/boisterous ascendant.

Of the last two individuals, I still sense that many of the traits just mentioned are present, however both have a more lighter, polite , playful and socially conforming that belies the deeper locomotive energy that their Scorpio stellium might give them. This division I sense in them I see as making them liable to be hypocrites or deliberately misdirecting even though it might not be as skillfully hidden as the solar Scorpio. They seem not to own their "darkness" and even have an issue with it, which may lead them into quite a bit of moral dilemmas. What they share in common is that both are very physically oriented/strong relative to their body types and both have jobs related to the sea.

I didn't bother to use the word intense even once in my descriptions of these persons since its a word that is so imprecise and seems to be dependent on someone's subjective threshold for "intense" behaviour.

Last edited:

Lykanized

I can add my observations of those who have heavy Scorpion energy in their charts i.e. stelliums. I think stelliums help to better grasp the "typical" pattern of a sign, in the sense of prototypical rather than stereotypical. I have had a positive experience with the people of this sign, probably due to the fact that it is my 11th house cusp. Nevertheless, I don't think that will cloud my judgment on these individuals.

I am making observations based on:

Person 1 Male - Scorpio stellium (Sun, Mars, Pluto, Mercury) 1991
Person 2 Female- Scorpio stellium (Sun, Mercury Rx, Pluto, Mars) 1993
Person 3 Female - Scorpio stellium (Venus, Mercury, Sun, Mars) 1929
Person 4 Male - Scorpio stellium (Mercury, Venus Rx, Sun, Jupiter, Pluto) 1994
Person 5 Female - Scorpio stellium (Mercury, Venus Rx, Sun, Jupiter, Pluto) 1994
Person 6 Male - Scorpio stellium (possibly Moon, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Pluto) 1994
Person 7 Male - Scorpio stellium (Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Pluto) 1994

All the 1994 births also had the NN in Scorpio.

The majority of what I say will be based on those with the Sun in their stelliums. I added the last two because of a sort of "division" I see in them. I'll elaborate more in a while. Also notice that the sun isn't in these last two stelliums.

The "energy" of this group I would describe broadly as a low humming engine; they are generally quiet but it is a quiet that is "pregnant". There is something muted and watchful about them.

They are long-term oriented and deeply committed. Not adaptable but this is no surprise as the sign is fixed. As a result of their lack of flexibility I see two traits manifest - they can be deeply affected by phenomena which stays with them for many years or the rest of their lives - in the case of the one born in 1929, upon losing her child in a miscarriage and then her husband, she gave up on life and became the famous "grey lizard" iteration of the Scorpio energy. The other is a territoriality that I think all the fixed signs show in different ways. Leo and Scorpio can be "fierce" although Scorpio uses more innuendo and implication when showing force. All of the solar Scorpio display immovability comfortably - they are more defensive than offensive. They do seem to have a greater ability to scheme and to be patient, which is great especially when they are young since their peer group may not have the same level of control on their impulses.

I am currently most in contact with Male 1 and female 2 and in my current environment, I'd say that they are among those few that I would describe as having "depth". What I mean is, they display a level of self-awareness, breadth of understanding in regard to their actions, responsibility and ownership of the decisions they make, have taken the time to know what motivates them and they are devoted to those that they love in a way that can almost be construed as self-sacrificing wrapped up with a willingness to remain steadfast to their convictions. They will work assiduously to the point of exhaustion for the ones that they hold most dear. They are loyal people and aren't easily impressed by a glamorous display.

Some in the group have a provocative reputation; attached to male 1 is an air of "implied violence" coupled with no desire to feign or fake to please anybody, female 2 is rumored to have slept with her boss for her position (conveniently nobody sees this person going above and beyond the call of duty even to the point of covering the asses of her lazier co-workers), female 3 was known to be very quick to violence and ruthless in her more youthful days, Male 4 lives a musician lifestyle with all the drugs, parties and women that that entails, and female 5 is seen as confrontational, verbally threatening, and sexually provocative.

This group is a practical set of people - their aims and drives are mostly grounded in the material world and success in that sphere, which is not to say that these persons lack spirituality or deeper values. One person of the group can be confirmed to be deeply spiritual with magical interests (although not as a practitioner) but I think that can partly be explained by the era she grew up in. If Scorpio contributes to mysticism or a focus on the occult, these individuals do not display that trait. It could also be a deeply private affair which is not out of the picture, but then I've spoken to some of these people enough to know that a spiritual conception of the world is not fundamental to their way of life.

They also tend to be soft-spoken and male 1 is even something of a whisperer. Female 5 is probably only solar Scorpio that breaks the trend in this group but this could be explained by her identifying more with her Aries Moon as well as a possibly more outgoing/boisterous ascendant.

Of the last two individuals, I still sense that many of the traits just mentioned are present, however both have a more lighter, polite , playful and socially conforming that belies the deeper locomotive energy that their Scorpio stellium might give them. This division I sense in them I see as making them liable to be hypocrites or deliberately misdirecting even though it might not be as skillfully hidden as the solar Scorpio. They seem not to own their "darkness" and even have an issue with it, which may lead them into quite a bit of moral dilemmas. What they share in common is that both are very physically oriented/strong relative to their body types and both have jobs related to the sea.

I didn't bother to use the word intense even once in my descriptions of these persons since its a word that is so imprecise and seems to be dependent on someone's subjective threshold for "intense" behaviour.
You mean to tell me they're not overly sexual or fixated on death, nor are they incredibly dark in the conventional sense, or... IntEnSe??? Not even magnetic?
Are you sure they're Scorpions?

Lykanized

I don't know if it's the Pluto in Scorpio generation, but it seems to be that more than just a few Scorpionic individuals are VERY VERY Scorpionic and have large stelliums. Is there something about people born in that part of the year where they're more likely ot have stelliums?

one of the people I have on note myself has a super stellium. Someone I know, but not very well, on twitter has a huge stellium as well. A friend of mine has a massive stellium. And this isn't a pattern I see very often with other signs

waybread

Good in-depth analysis, Conspiracy Theorist. One wonders how much the other chart variables modify the sun-sign. Unless they have a stellium, probably a lot. Imagine something like a Scorpio sun, Gemini rising, and Libra moon!

Lykenized, some time with an ephemeris might be instructive about birth years with a Scorpio stellium.

Mathematically, however, for the Pluto in Scorpio cohort, we're looking at Scorpio suns. That's two Scorpio planets. Mercury is never more than 28 degrees from the sun, and Venus is never more than 45 degrees from the sun. This means that there is an excellent chance that Mercury and/or Venus would be in Scorpio, also. Because Pluto stays in one sign for years, Mars will hit it every two years. The moon wanders through Scorpio once a month.

So it stands to reason that with the sun in the same sign as a slow-moving planet like Pluto, stellia are common.

Apologies if you know this, but some on this thread might not:

The other thing about stellia, is that each house cusp has a sign on it, ruled by its domiciled planet (house cusp ruler or lord.) The more planets you have in a stellium, the more houses a horoscope has that will refer back to one of the stellium's planets.

I know of two ways to understand house cusp rulers.

Modern: "The house over which a planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands." (Karen Hamaker-Zondag) This gives the house (or two) of a Scorpio stellium an enormous amount of influence over the rest of the chart, because so many house cusps refer to it.

Traditional: The planetary ruler of the sign on a given house cusp would like to help out the matters of that house. Whether it can do so well or ineffectually depends upon the dignity of that house cusp ruler. (Demetra George)

To get back to our Scorpio stellium people, Mars is domiciled in Scorpio, so it's a big boost for a house with Mars-ruled Aries on the cusp. Venus is in detriment in Scorpio, so the houses with Taurus and Libra on the cusp aren't going to benefit, unless Venus is in a degree of Scorpio in its own terms or face (slight up-tick.) Mars is exalted in Capricorn, so its house might get a boost.

Then a sign itself indicates how or in what manner a planet operates. A house cusp ruler in Scorpio will lend its Scorpio flavor to the involved houses.

Last edited:

The19thLaw

I will disagree with Scorpios not liking glamor and the high life or not having a craving desire for it. The way that Scorpios display it is very different compared to say a Leo.

If a Leo wants it, it will make it clear it does and then go after it.

If a Scorpio wants it, it will go about in a very indirect way but also start a moral brigade over it. Moral self-righteousness, guilt trips, hypocrisy, and "do as I say not as I do" are very much traits that apply to Scorpio than any other sign out there.

A kind of person who will call you a racist and talk about how racism is so horrible but then act in racist ways themselves. I actually feel like modern liberalism in the USA is in many way tied into Scorpio characteristics.

The one trait I am 100% certain has been applied to Scorpios is envy. I think the one way to rile them up is to show ambition, especially towards something they themselves failed at. You will make enemies out of them right from the gate and they will use every under-handed trick out there to sabotage you.

Now the thing is, these sorts of tricks work on weaker people who are just trying to get by in life. The person scared of being called a racist will easily bend over backwards and give the Scorpio whatever it wants.

Deep down inside, I think that is the true definition of what a Scorpio is. Never the favorite child, never good at anything, but envious of others who have more than it does and will use under-handed tactics to go about getting what it wants. Often uses a morally self-righteous attitude to keep control and attempts to attack democracy and free will, wanting full control of a situation and of people.

It frustrates me because modern astrology is pushing this sign as the most powerful.

These are not traits of power.

In fact, I believe that Gemini, the air signs, earth signs, and Leos often defeat Scorpio soundly because they call this nonsense out. I'd say Scorpio is more of a challenging sign that needs help in terms of fixing itself.

JUPITERASC

I know of two ways to understand house cusp rulers.

Modern: "The house over which a planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands." (Karen Hamaker-Zondag) This gives the house (or two) of a Scorpio stellium an enormous amount of influence over the rest of the chart, because so many house cusps refer to it.

Traditional: The planetary ruler of the sign on a given house cusp would like to help out the matters of that house. Whether it can do so well or ineffectually depends upon the dignity of that house cusp ruler. (Demetra George)
from OMNISPHERICUS thread discussion :smile:

at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=382268&postcount=8

The type of Delineation I'm giving here
is a mix of
medieval techniques with those of the Hellenistic authors.

Robert Zoller played great role in my traditional astrology education
and this is obvious for those who are familiar with his work.
Here are some tips for delineating the chart in this manner.

1. The good or bad signified by a house emanates from the ruler of the house.

This is the basic rule. The ruler of the house is giver of the material of the house.

Zoller gives the example of his own chart
where he has Combusted Mercury in 11th, ruler of 4th.
He comments that this kind of placement brings adversity
to ones home and dwellings.

2. Benefit in one area of life can be produced by adversity, or even conflict, in another.

Again Zoller gives example from his own chart.
Jupiter in 9th in Scorpio disposited from Mars in 11th:

Wisdom coming from conflicts.

3. The delineation tells you the what. The
predictive techniques tell you the when.

I will continue with the tips in my next post.

waybread

It frustrates me because modern astrology is pushing this sign as the most powerful.

Your statement is false. :rightful:

What kind of person would even obsess with that notion, anyway?

Modern astrology has many subdivisions and many authors, and it contains some really top-drawer material in the more classical mode, more New Age/ estoteric astrology, "modern psychological astrology" highly influenced by Karl Jung, past-lives & karmic astrology, evolutionary astrology, and probably some schools of thought I've neglected. Modern astrology has many major thematic subdivisions like natal, prognosticative, synastry, mundane, electional, and medical. There are astrologers who focus on asteroids (Demetra George,) harmonics (David Cochrane,) fixed stars and re-inventing Babylonian astrology for today (Bernadette Brady.)

None of this material deals with "the strongest sign" because this is such a wrong-headed approach to astrology. Obviously you could have someone with her sun in "the strongest sign," whatever you think that might be, yet be a weak person because of everything else going on in her chart.

I can't say what passes for astrology on social media, but this has to be one of the least astrologically educated "schools", if your posts are anything to go by.

conspiracy theorist

You mean to tell me they're not overly sexual or fixated on death, nor are they incredibly dark in the conventional sense, or... IntEnSe??? Not even magnetic?
Are you sure they're Scorpions?

I leave that kind of language to the fans. As for myself, I sympathize with 19thlaw because I did notice way back when I was surfing on sun sign information, how the Scorpio descriptions seemed to have that extra sliver of energy and imagination put into them. He is picking up on an actual phenomenon.

This won't be another expository post but in my experience, I've encountered the nasty side of Scorpio the most from those that had the Moon placed in the sign. I did make mention that I once lived in a house of 6 Scorpio Moons and the dynamic of that set fit the "hades moon" family a la Judy Hall. I also don't see Scorpio as a moral sign; so to couple that with its powerful drives makes it easier to "transgress taboos" to which it is supposedly famous for, since it doesn't base its actions on the "rightness" or "wrongness" of them.

Baat

I leave that kind of language to the fans. As for myself, I sympathize with 19thlaw because I did notice way back when I was surfing on sun sign information, how the Scorpio descriptions seemed to have that extra sliver of energy and imagination put into them. He is picking up on an actual phenomenon.

I agree. I think this depends on the astrologer, although I feel like I'm stating the obvious. I always like Rudhyar as an antidote to pop astrology, I think his sign descriptions are balanced.

He describes the abstract meaning of Scorpio as: "The substance of association and marriage. Manifestation of the urge to unite with others. Regeneration of the attitude of self-centeredness."

He describes the concrete and traditional meaning thusly: "Sex. Occultism. All types of power and magical operation. Regenerative function. Will. Obstinacy. Revengefulness. Jealousy. Driving force."

The only other two sign descriptions that include the word "power" are Aries ("The male power") and Taurus ("The female power"). I don't take this as him implying Scorpio is "the most powerful," but rather that the other signs aren't as defined by power as a concept. Does that make sense?

waybread

Totally.

What sun-signs are even concerned with power as something they need to get involved with?

I wouldn't see Aries as "male power" or Taurus as "female power" because I can't see what beneficial use a female sun-Aries or male sun-Taurus could possibly make of this.

Rather, Mars is the "boy planet" and Venus is the "girl planet," yet Mars and Venus stand for many additional things, such as surgeons (Mars) and the fine arts (Venus.)

We're just now getting into women's World Cup soccer. These outstanding athletes deserve an astrological understanding of sexuality and femininity/masculinity in keeping with our times.

Baat

Totally.

What sun-signs are even concerned with power as something they need to get involved with?

I wouldn't see Aries as "male power" or Taurus as "female power" because I can't see what beneficial use a female sun-Aries or male sun-Taurus could possibly make of this.

Rather, Mars is the "boy planet" and Venus is the "girl planet," yet Mars and Venus stand for many additional things, such as surgeons (Mars) and the fine arts (Venus.)

We're just now getting into women's World Cup soccer. These outstanding athletes deserve an astrological understanding of sexuality and femininity/masculinity in keeping with our times.

I interpreted it as yin and yang energy, not necessarily gendered.