Saturn in 12th - what should i expect?

Akeru

Hi to all,

I am new to astrology but i try to learn.

Last year was a very difficult year. I lost my first relationship (and i am 30, yes) and my ex boyfriend started immediately dating a friend of mine (14 years younger than him). All my illusions fell apart. To make things worse i was deeply disappointed from my friends - Saturin in 11th. Depression and loneliness is still part of my life.

But now i am wondering what is ahead and i am fearing it will be nothing good. I can`t do predictive astrology, i am still in the very beginning and that is why i will be so grateful if someone takes a look and tells me if it will get worse during next 2 years with Saturn in 12th.

Thank you!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous.68779.17845.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous.68779.17845.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 47

Vista

Hi to all,

Last year was a very difficult year. I lost my first relationship (and i am 30, yes) and my ex boyfriend started immediately dating a friend of mine (14 years younger than him). All my illusions fell apart. To make things worse i was deeply disappointed from my friends - Saturin in 11th. Depression and loneliness is still part of my life.

But now i am wondering what is ahead and i am fearing it will be nothing good. I can`t do predictive astrology, i am still in the very beginning and that is why i will be so grateful if someone takes a look and tells me if it will get worse during next 2 years with Saturn in 12th.

Thank you!

The 12th is the house of hidden matters and institutions such as hospitals. Read up on what the 12th house represents, those specific things will become a little more noticeable. I've made it through Saturn transiting my 12th and so will you. Also remember a transiting planet is not activated unless it's aspecting a natal planet. It looks like it conjunct all your 11th planets which is why T Saturn through the 11th was a big ouch. Look to the first aspects T Saturn makes from the 12th to a natal planet and focus on that planets house placement and what house it rules. Those houses will also be a focus.

Edit: It appears T Saturn will first sextile your natal Mars. This is a favorable aspect.

Caro

I dont get how it will sextile natal mars at first(?) natal mars in libra.

I think the influence will be felt where N saturn is in the chart and the ruler of scorpio is mars(or pluto) so in those houses. this will possibly deepen what you have already experienced during the transit to 11th house. as natal saturn and mars are in these two houses.(as is pluto)

perhaps you will start to want to make changes in relation to 11th house matters too and realise that you have not been true to yourself. 12th is about the unconscious. We often draw experiences to teach us about ourselves - although these lessons can be tough.

spiritual practice /retreats/taking time out on your own are all good for this transit.

I always think that you have to keep remembering to let the light in - when this transit . ie make sure you do not withdraw too much and get some sun(light relief)

Vista

My mistake, I was looking at Mars in the 11th with Virgo being the ruler and thought Mars was in Virgo. Acutally the first aspect of Saturn will be conjunct Jupiter, so the house Jupiter is in and the house it rules will be activated.

I personally don't agree N Saturn will be activited unless it's being transited by an outer planet. Next month T Jupiter will Trine natal Saturn, which is a helpful aspect. That's when you would see N Saturn activited by house and house it rules.

Akeru

Hi,

Caro, your post made me cry :( I guess i just thought that it is all over and maybe just maybe things can become better. Last year was a year of retreat. I do not want that any more. I do not know what triggered it but i started craving deepness and intensity of relationships. I never had a true and real relationship neither with a romantic parnter nor with friends. I find everything just so shallow.

I think i have some carmic prohibition or something like that. Never to have a relationship with someone or friends that i can talk to more meaningful stuff than everyday...

Thank you to all!

I try to learn more of astology even though i must admit it is a bit complex at this stage :)

Thank you, really!

Caro

are you sure your birthtime is correct?
it could be that you are already experiencing that transit now?(ie saturn in 12th)
also with saturn over pluto - that does tend to takes things to a very deep level.

astrology can help make sense of our experiences so a good thing to study.
maybe you will make new friends.

sometimes it is good to release emotions. a lot of people dont do enough of that. but if you feel that you are constantly feeling low(transit or no transit) you need to seek help. many people emerge from this and survive it.

saturn is in my 12th house and it has not been easy for me of late.

Akeru

Yes, i was thinking the same - last year felt like Sat in 12th - depression, loneliness and confusion and retreat, yes.
I do not know how to release emotions. I tried talking with friends but they do not want to talk to that, they try avoid touch subjects and go with all as lightly as possible.
My time is 18:25 pm, yes.
Yes, i want to get professional help. Unfortunately besides all the emotional drama i have been having serious financial issues and just cannot afford that.
Maybe i did not mention that but a lot of my time i dedicate to a "hobby" - rescuing and helping homeless animals which in my country can cause you a lot of pain and saddness.
So, finding this boy in 2010 was something i have been waiting almost all my life. Just to see him date a friend of my (she adopted a cat that i rescued). And i thought him and me shared something special. Actually i still believed and that is one of the reasons for the depression - i simply cannot convince myself that it is over. Maybe the craving for intensity or the loneliness is the reason...do not know. But do not get me wrong - i know how the be happy alone - i have been doing it for years. I just do not want it anymore. And i feel this prohibition like a cloud over my head - "sorry, your destiny is to be alone and not have family".

Sorry for the vent. I guess i tried seeking explanations and refuge in astrology since no one else wants to give such to me - my ex just disappeared and refused to discuss things even though i asked him. My friends do not want to speak of such things....

Thank you again!

beginner

T-saturn in 12th will not make any aspect with any natal planet so u may feel it affects much less.

during close degree of T-saturn oppose N-venus and square N-moon will give affects

Hi to all,

Thank you!

Caro

I think beginner is right.

you have been thro the worst of it.

most of us have joined these forums at aa time when we are going 'Oh crikey' cos our chart/transits are crushing down on us.

you may want to look at other charts too ie whole house - I wonder whether some of your 11th house planets would be more on the cusp of the 12th in whole house.

you have something sq neptune would could maybe indicate this betrayal. but Im sure once your re-evaluate your values - saturn in 12th clear out hidden fears etc you will start to re-esatablish firmer friendships.

Akeru

Caro, Beginner, thank you :)

How weird when you find comfort in strangers who are far away :) You really helped only by replying. Yes, sometimes all we need is a word or two...

Today is again one of those days when you feel the emptiness more acutely. This is what i have been fighting - the lack of meaning, of something bigger. I feel my life is pointless and meaningless and well...ya, it might be and maybe there is nothing wrong with that. I hate it. I wish i was like others - just enjoying the moment, no searching for "the bigger", etc.

But anyway - thank you. When you are at this state of mind, it really helps.

waybread

You can probably expect to feel lonely. This doesn't mean you can't be surrounded by people who care about you, only that you may feel isolated and even as though you prefer to spend time alone. This isn't necessarily a bad time if you can make good use of it-- the 12th house is a good place for meditatation and prayer (if you are religious) or serving other people who are less fortunate than yourself, notably people who are shut-in in some way, such as volunteering in the hospital.

I would suggest you pay attention to the passage of Saturn via an ephemeris. There is a free one, located on the left-hand menu on their home page, at Astrodienst where you got your chart.

When Saturn gets to 13-14 degrees Scorpio, it will oppose your Venus, square your moon, and trine your north node. This may be a difficult time for you emotionally. But not completely difficult. Maybe through not being distracted by other people, you can get a deeper sense of your best direction and purpose in life.

Overall you have a nice-looking chart, with all those trines. So you can take advantage of what works well for you in your life! I suspect you do suffer from low self-esteem, with Neptune opposing your sun and squaring your Mars (your natural assertiveness.) So this would be something to work on.

Akeru

Hi and thank you again :)

Actually, i think i mention it but for 7 years now i have been a vounteer for the local animal rescue organizations. I was one of its founders in 2007. Since then all my days and nights have been dedicated to rehoming and caring of those poor pers. I have adopted 3 cats, a dog and have a foster disabled cat for 4 years now.
So, the situation since several months is "what about me". I have no family, no friend circle except the one related to the animals, no other interests. I want to do something for me now for a change, i want not a home filled with cats but with people, not time spent in vet clinic but spent with a boyfriend.

So, if i have to be again volunteer for some cause and help others...okay, if it is in the "planets" but this is not what i want.

I am wondering why these things like creating a family of having a long term relationship are so easy for everybody else and not me.

I was religious. But this year somewhere along all the emotional turmoil i decided that things just happened, there is not destiny and i just did pull the short stick. So, i put down all icons in my home. Do not want to believe in God if God does not believe in me.

waybread

Akeru, the things you want are obtainable. But they will not simply fall into your lap. You have to take steps to make them happen. So for sure, maybe join some different groups. You'll start meeting people with similar interests. Or join a reputable on-line dating service.

With Pluto and Saturn in the 11th house of friends, you may find friendships difficult. Yet these planets are well-aspected, so there is no reason why you can't make friends. Saturn rules older people, so try befriending some older people in your life, or reaching out to any older relatives who live near you. With Jupiter retrograde, you probably tend to be very serious. So try learning to laugh more, both at yourself and the world around you.

I personally believe that one's religion is a private matter. So please forgive a little sermon here. So often people who leave their faith think in terms of, "The God I don't believe in is Catholic." Or "The God I don't believe in is Orthodox," or Protestant. Or whatever the person's religious faith has been. It is possible to construe God more broadly, as a kind of divine consciousness. It seems to me to be missing the point of religious faith to believe only in a god who gives us what we want in life.

The English theologian C. S. Lewis once said that God doesn't care if we are happy. He only wants us to be good. We are on the planet to learn and to teach, and to try to make the world a better place. Astrological horoscopes suggest we are born into certain challenges and with certain assets. We don't always know which is which! The person facing adversity in childhood develops inner strength, for example. For some people, this may mean accepting the gifts of solitude. For others, it may mean service to others. Generally it doesn't mean satisfying our wishes, although usually there is nothing wrong if that happens.

You have to choose to be happy. It is a choice, not something that happens due to luck.

StillOne

I am wondering why these things like creating a family of having a long term relationship are so easy for everybody else and not me.

Not everyone... For a lot of people these things are difficult. You're not alone in this regard.

Akeru

A year since may last desperate post here...

Not a single thing in my life has changed. Not a s-i-n-g-l-e.

I feel doomed. Powerless. Whatever i do i just does not work. Tired of waiting, tired of being active, then passive. I can`t find the golden mean. Doesn`t matter if i am active or passive it is just the same.

And it has been like that all my life i think. I have a loooot of time thinking. All i do is think.

Obsession over a certain person still continues. No friends at all at this time. I do not have the willingness to communicate. Literally, people i feel like i am dead on the inside. Like my spirit is forever broken, dead. It is like that for 3 years now.

Is Saturn in 12 to blame? No, i do not think. If this is hard, i cannot imagine what would be with the 1st house?

Is it the saturn opposition to venus? I am 31 years old. For all my life i had been alone. I had only 1 short intense relationship that turned into obsession. Felling helpless, not able to move on, paralysed.

The neptune uranus square - it does make me feel tormented without knowing why...

The trine between pluto and venus is just....invisible to me :)

Work - absolutely boring, disatisfying.

My days are the same. Each day is absolutely predictable.

I wonder will it be like that until the physical end? I wonder also if that saying is true - that for the broken spririt there are no prosthetic.

kshantaram

Premium Member
natal jupiter-saturn over libra, saturn elevated, gains through elders, economics, research, teaching-facilitation skills, etc.

saturn-mars conjunct libra, asc mars over the 10th, entrepreneurial attitude, but hard work and struggle,
could feel superior to men.

movable cancer 9th cusp inimical for the fixed scorpio ascendant, luck and higher education under stress.
9th lord moon over saturnine acquarius 3rd for initiative and communications, sibling relationships
- acquarius airy, uncertain, mystique, reformist, technical aptitude.

scorpio ascendant secretive, reserved, sentimental, suspicious, occult and research aptitude.

asc lord mars 10th good at operational/projects management, action oriented.

sun 9th and mercury 10th conjunct 7th gemini, analytical and oratory aptitude,
good at information processing perhaps, management information systems.

sun 7th seeking well placed person in relationship,
while venus lord 7th over the 6th tending to negate relationship;
venus 6th own taurus good at overcoming opponents through personal charm.

rahu-ketu 2/8 axis tending to sudden issues. rahu cancer sensitive;

ketu capricorn 2nd tending to be practical and conservative,
while impacting family-finances-speech being separative node.
could be good at computer operations perhaps/hardware.
natal saturn aspecting sagittarius 2nd, restrictive of family-finances-speech.

while mars elevated aspect over capricorn 2nd protective, same time.

elevated saturn makes debilated aspect over aries 5th impacting education, romance, position, children;

mars libra aspects own aries and protective, but may not be good for health of children.

lords 1/7 mars-venus over libra-taurus both venusian signs, but placed 6/8 from each other,
sweet conflicts in relationship/marriage

currently separative ketu transits taurus over natal venus, lord 7th for relationship,
could be aggressive with opponents, could impact health, and employment matters/tending to job separation.

saturn-rahu transit asc sign scorpio 12th for foreign lands, exile, hospitals, jails, etc
under stress over enemy sign scorpio; rahu debilated scorpio

- stress contained by trine aspect from jupiter transit elevated cancer 8th for sudden gains,
but under stress cancer being inimical for the scorpio ascendant;
jupiter also trines and aspects own pisces 4th
protective of domestic comforts, property matters, the mother.

natal jupiter lord 4th over the 11th for gains, gains through mother/property matters.

jupiter transits elevated cancer over natal rahu,
could promote liaision in relationship. 8th house good for marriage purposes for women.

transit jupiter cancer trines saturn-rahu 12th square moon under stress containing the stress, while makes debilated aspect over capricorn 2nd impacting family-finances-speech. jupiter cancer 6th from moon calling for greater efforts in the process, while there could be sudden developments and gains being transit elevated 8th cancer, although again under stress, movable cancer inimical for fixed scorpio ascendant.

thus chart tends to sweet conflicts in a relationship, while sun 7th tends to be separative, and 7th lord venus negates into the 6th; while saturn-mars conjunction could suggest superiority complex over men, perhaps. saturn-mars aspect aries 5th impacting romance-children.

currently separative ketu transit venus lord 7th for relationship over the 6th. hope jupiter cancer trine saturn-rahu contains the stress thereof protective of health, and while jupiter transit natal rahu cancer could promote a liaison in relationship for marriage/may foreigner or other races, may be jupiter's mid-course nov-feb, thumb rule.

things may perhaps look better when jupiter moves to leo 9th for luck
trine sagittarius 2nd for family-finances-speech containing again
the impact of saturn transit sagittarius, while also trines aries 5th
for education-romance-position.

rahu 6-8 m down the line moves to libra 11th for gains, gains through foreigners,
rahu transit jupiter could cloud wisdom;

ketu then shifts to aries 5th impacting romace-children etc, tending for change, and anxiety.

hope the generic observations enable take stock of the natal chart and the transits.

jupiter transit cancer trine saturn-rahu containing the stress of transit saturn-rahu scorpio the asc sign square moon,
jupiter trining own pisces 4th protective of domestic comforts, etc.

wishing well - caring jupiter,

kshantaram

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Your 2ndary and Minor progressed charts clearly show your issues. The most of them are shown by your Minor progressed chart(mental interactions with the world) which shows your mental challenges at this time. You can see these Minor progressed planets and signs impacting your aspect relationships in your tertiary progressed chart(emotional feeling interactions with the world). These show areas that you need to address and areas in your mind set that you need to address so that the emotions don't overwhelm you. These two sets of circumstances will then cause impacts in your physical world of events which are shown in your 2ndary progressed chart.

In the last go around, people gave you suggestions, and then you disappeared for 6 months. Now you are back saying the same thing you said before, with little presented evidence that you made a consistent attempt over time to change how you view your world.

However its hard to get assistance here on AC, when you have only 17 posts, and they are spread over a long period of time.

People answer your questions, and perhaps don't give you what you want to hear, and then you disappear from the forum again for 6 months(last time you were here was in March).

This doesn't allow you to develop a sustained dialogue to deal with your issue. Your charts don't show huge numbers of high friction houses, planets, and signs. It makes some of us who might be willing to put a lot of time into assisting you, not to bother because PERHAPS if what we say doesn't amount to what you want to hear, you won't return again for another 6 months.

ashriia

I can empathize with you, before/during/and after my Saturn return I was all doom and gloom like you.

I think it's great that you help kitties! That is really gutting on the emotions.. if you are in a bad place emotionally that is soo taxing. do you have an outlet of some kind, something maybe you really enjoyed before your Saturn return? I look at your chart and see all that blue and harmonious energy. This funk you're in, will pass. It will.

But the first thing is getting over your ex. No ex is worth sacrificing your happiness over when it's clear that they have moved on and your still living in the good times shared between you rather than accepting the end of it. It just wasn't meant to be. Take up boxing, get angry, curse. let it go. you sound like you have festered up hurts. and the best way to deal with them is to get angry with exercise. seriously, it works.

Someone better will come along. Don't lose all your faith over some guy that left. It's so not worth it. you'll probably kick yourself in a few years for having spent so much time dwelling on this guy, because it will seem so small to you later on. we have all been there!

all the best to you:smile:

A year since may last desperate post here...

Not a single thing in my life has changed. Not a s-i-n-g-l-e.

I feel doomed. Powerless. Whatever i do i just does not work. Tired of waiting, tired of being active, then passive. I can`t find the golden mean. Doesn`t matter if i am active or passive it is just the same.

And it has been like that all my life i think. I have a loooot of time thinking. All i do is think.

Obsession over a certain person still continues. No friends at all at this time. I do not have the willingness to communicate. Literally, people i feel like i am dead on the inside. Like my spirit is forever broken, dead. It is like that for 3 years now.

Is Saturn in 12 to blame? No, i do not think. If this is hard, i cannot imagine what would be with the 1st house?

Is it the saturn opposition to venus? I am 31 years old. For all my life i had been alone. I had only 1 short intense relationship that turned into obsession. Felling helpless, not able to move on, paralysed.

The neptune uranus square - it does make me feel tormented without knowing why...

The trine between pluto and venus is just....invisible to me :)

Work - absolutely boring, disatisfying.

My days are the same. Each day is absolutely predictable.

I wonder will it be like that until the physical end? I wonder also if that saying is true - that for the broken spririt there are no prosthetic.