Introducing myself

Sebastien Cheritte

Hello to all people of the stars.
I won't make an extravagant or explosive intro.
Basically, I have been following this art/science for some time perhaps with little effort, though I might put in a little more now that I've found an entire community to help me along.

Where to begin....?

E

eternalautumn

Welcome! I hope you come to cherish this forum as many of us already do. You might start off in the Greenhorn's Lounge area; at the top of the forum are a few stickies that go over the basics of astrology. And by the way, I love your signature quote. And your picture. :smile:

byjove

Account Closed
Hi, welcome to the site!

I hope you can find topics to suit your taste. There really is a little on just about everything. And as soon as you need to know more, ask! Also, I find there are many very helpful, and many very talented astrologers from all over the world on here. A very strong ethos (is that Greek?) of the site is give something a shot; an interpretation for example, and ask for assistance or debate it. By making the first move of understanding something you'll tend to get good replies. :smile:

Jovially Yours (Zeus)

By Jove

Sebastien Cheritte

Thanks to you too Zeus.

Ethos.. yes it's Greek (Ήθος) ** pertaining to culture or values in this context.
Thank you, I feel at home already.

I'd really like someone to take a look at my chart... where do I do that to maximize interaction?

byjove

Account Closed
Well, I recommend doing it piece by piece over time. So, think about what area you're most interested in right now; work, college, your family, love life, whatever you're interested in particular, bring that to the natal astrology section. It's best to take a shot at it yourself. It doesn't matter how much or little you think you know, mention whatever you know in relation to that area e.g. work in your chart and let others join in on the interpretation. People like helping others on here, and they often benefit through insight; seeing how certain aspects or configurations affect people.

It really depends on what you'd like to know; about what your chart says about possibilities in your life or how to deal with current problems or what influences are affecting you now for example. It also depends on how much you know; if you're relatively new I think that sticking with natal interpretations at the start provides an excellent grounding in how everything works, and when you're ready you can move on to more complicated matters.

So pick an area of interest, head to that forum, look for similar posts that might help (everyone does that, massive amount of info. ready to read), post a new thread, take a chance at interpreting what you can, and then let people interact. Good luck! :smile: