IMportance of 8th house?

aquarius7000

Moulin said:
Oh dear. I must be on cusp of 8th and 9th then cos I love foreigners AND I'm sex' orientated
LOL
:)) Yeah planets on cusps do take the characteristics of both the houses.
Though for me, if you do have Venus really on the cusp- I would count it into 9.
Check out the below, and see if around 75% of the following holds good in your case- it could confirm or defy to a large extent Venus in 9. Is your Venus in Sag by any chance?

Venus in the 9th House could mean:
You could be attracted to foreigners, travelling, philosphy,

You could be open to the world, and do not care much for boundaries like those of nationality, or group, but would go gladly for foreign cultures, places etc.

+Your might have a special love for philosophy and religious ideas, and honesty would be important.

:)aquarius7000

Last edited:

Moulin

hi :)

My Venus is in Aries.
I can relate to all the bit with the + by them but not the rest of it, except the foreigner attraction bit! Although part of me IS happiest when traveling and away from normal life!

Cool interpretation though - thank you.

Claire19

aquarius7000 said:
Moulin, you don't have to be into travelling in order to justify Venus in 9. One can also travel in the mind (those permanent dreamers!!); or be interested in philosophy, religion and the like. You say that U r attracted to foreigners - that could be reason enough for Venus in 9. Venus in 8 would make one more sex oriented than love oriented, or very occult oriented for e.g.

Venus in 9 can mean love of the higher truth and learning process. Also being attracted to foreign lovers and met whilst travelling or at college.

Venus in 8 can mean very deep love feelings, earning money from sex, gaining inheritance from a female or through a loved one. I think that love and sex can be linked with receiving gifts of some kind and may be expected as part of the deal so to speak. It depends on the aspects and the sign it is in.

Claire19

Moulin said:
Oh dear. I must be on cusp of 8th and 9th then cos I love foreigners AND I'm sex' orientated
LOL

Is your Jupiter connected to either Venus or Mars or Pluto???

I have Jupiter right on the 8th/9th cusp in Libra and I always attract lovers when I am travelling and and have always preferred foreign men to the boy next door. I like the different and the exotic. I have only ever fallen in love with someone from a different background really.

Claire19

aquarius7000 said:
Q: What would you say to a Jupiter (as the only planet) in 8th house of Pisces; and only in sextile to MC (in Taurus); sun is aquarian in house 6 (im case this helps) ?

This can indicate inheriting or receiving loans or gifts from someone in authority such as father or father figure. You can have a career in a large corporation perhaps that deals with rehabilitation, chemicals, marine industries, oil in a capacity where you handle others monies or finances. You may also be involved in hydroponics or photographing botanicals, flora or fauna. I dont have your chart so I am only giving likely scenarios. I would say involvement with banking or accountancy, perhaps on the legal side.

Moulin

Hi Claire :)

My jupiter is conjunct ASC and trine my venus/moon/saturn/NN stellium and sextile my pluto/uranus conjunct.

Claire19 said:
Is your Jupiter connected to either Venus or Mars or Pluto???

I have Jupiter right on the 8th/9th cusp in Libra and I always attract lovers when I am travelling and and have always preferred foreign men to the boy next door. I like the different and the exotic. I have only ever fallen in love with someone from a different background really.

Claire19

What a lovely Jupiter you do have! Lucky you. I imagine you are basically optimistic and rather lucky in life because of your positive expectations.

:)

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Before I begin, I'd like to make a quick disclaimer that this is not pointed directly to charmvirgo. It's targeted to anyone who agrees with her, yes this is true. The only reason I am using a direct quote from her is because it wraps up the entire idea in one easy sentance.

I am one of those who believe the modern view that the 8th house relates to Scorpio.

Now, this is a belief that is rather prevalent, as several other forum members beside the original poster of this sentance have agreed either partially or fully. Now, I find this idea rather silly, to be quite frank. Now, obviously you can believe whatever it is you want, that's your right and far be it for me to try and force you to change this belief system you have. Regardless of this, I'm going to challenge it.

Saying the above and that the Eighth house is related to sex or any other sort of modern connotation is just that: a modern connotation. This means it holds no historical weight. Now, what does this have to do with anything? Lucky for you, it is centrally important. No doubt you'll find several astrological indexes and resources saying the same thing about the Eighth house these days, however, they are only perpetuating an idea that is about one hundred years old. Unlike belief systems that are akin to religion, astrological viewpoints and beliefs can be dispelled via historical records. Bascially, before the 1800s, sexuality was a wholly Fifth house object, and the Eighth house was solely concerned with death, loss, greif, and the substance of others.

"The Eighth house is related to Pluto, Scorpio, and sexuality."
"Orville Wright was the sixteenth president of the United States."

Both of these statements are historically inaccurate, and both of these statements are incorrect. We have several texts and authors throughout history that suggest Saturn is related to the Eighth house, they suggest that Scorpio is only related to the Eighth house as far as medical matters are concerned and go not deeper, and they suggest sexuality relates to the Fifth house. This is exactly akin to history books, diary entries, letters, and bills passed that suggest Abraham Lincoln and not Orville Wright was the sixteenth president of the United States.

Taking astrology books and replacing Saturn with Pluto does not make them correct in the same sense that taking history books and putting in "Orville Wright" everytime "Abraham Lincoln" was originally written distorts the fabric of time and erases Lincoln's presidency or his name on the bottom of the bills he signed. Epiphany does not replace history. Belief does not replace reality.

"Truly my opinion is that many authors invented whimsies, and when they had done, set them down to posterity for truth; who taking them up without trial, cloathed tradition in plush and left poor reason to go in rags. An author said so; ergo 'tis true, right or wrong'." -Nicholas Culpeper

Thank you.

Claire19

I have to disagree with the idea that Saturn rules the 8th house. Saturn rules Capricorn and the 10th and this has been borne out time and and time again.If you see Saturn as the harbinger of death it is in the context of ageing, time elapsing. It is Kronos, the measure of time as in chronology. I have an 8th house stellium and strong Pluto aspects and I have some experience of what this all means. I have tracked the deaths of family members and others and it is valid........ Pluto and the 8th means the transformation that is made from this life to the next, the sexual experience also in the "litte death" of orgasm or the "Petit Mal" Death as such can belong to Mars the co ruler of the 8th. It deals with life and death matters such as insurance, estate and inheritance issues. Also murder particularly violent. THe 8th house cusp into the 9th denotes our time and manner of death. This can be learned through gestational astrology which deals with conception and pregnancy and the houses involved.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I have to disagree with the idea that Saturn rules the 8th house.

You can disagree all you want, but it's historical fact.

Saturn rules Capricorn and the 10th and this has been borne out time and and time again.

And has been as an incorrect statement. Saturn rules the Signs Capricorn and Aquarius, and the First house (form) and the Eighth house (death).

If you see Saturn as the harbinger of death it is in the context of ageing, time elapsing. It is Kronos, the measure of time as in chronology.

No, wrong. Saturn as the harbringer of death is related to Saturn as the greater malefic, the star of the harvest, and the grim reaper.

the sexual experience also in the "litte death" of orgasm or the "Petit Mal" Death

This is just dark humor and in no way works to effectively argue any astrological point. I suggest you abandon the idea of puns as effective, pivitol statements, they will not help you.

It deals with life and death matters such as insurance, estate and inheritance issues. Also murder particularly violent.

It deals with death, yes, and the power to end life. Insurance and inheritance the Eighth also holds domain over, this is fact.

This can be learned through gestational astrology which deals with conception and pregnancy and the houses involved.

I find this really very interesting considering it's this kind of idea that originally set the house rulers, and no, they are not the ones you're thinking of.

A member on SkyScript shared this with me from Bonatti's book:

Saturn is in the first circle of the planets . . . and it’s the first one who exercises his operation in a conceived child after the falling of the seed into the womb, by binding and uniting together the matter from which the conceived child is formed.” Then “Jupiter . . . is the second planet who exercises his own operation in a conceived child, namely by bestowing spirit and life to it.” And then “Mars is . . . the significator of brothers, because brothers are the third accident which happens to a native after conception…”. And then “the Sun is naturally a significator of fathers, because the 4th house is the significator of fathers, and the Sun is the fourth planet from Saturn . . . he is the fourth planet who exercises his own operation in the conceived child . . . in giving spirit and official members to the conceived child, and vital soul and the features of the face.

This is "gestational" astrology, and also begins the argument for the historical co-significators of the houses and covers Saturn's hold over the First, Jupiter's over the Second, Mars's of the Third, and Sol's of the Fourth.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
What is the rest of Bonatti's gestational sequence explanation after 4th house?
I don't know. I don't have the book and I really think it'd be rude of me to ask the person who gave me that snippet to type up the rest of it. The book is on sale at Amazon.com, and I'm sure other such websites if you're interested. I haven't gotten to it yet. I have several books before it.

Your Temple page only gives a diagram or a list of house rulership, and no explanation of Bonatti's sequence there either.

Well, I'm not sure what you're looking at, but if you're referancing my Clash of the Temples (Houses: Past and Present thread) article, the house co-significators and joys are explained in-depth in their respective Rounds. Bonatti's gestational astrology isn't touched on in it because I don't know how it ties in with the last eight houses, so I'd rather not bring it up in the article uncompleted. I actually find the line 'only a diagram or a list" rather slap-in-the-face-ish due to the time and effort I took to research and type up that so-called "diagram".

bardevolved

You are absolutely right. I have Sun,Jup,Pluto and Saturn and mercury as per western astrology. in 8th house. I could say 8th house is a difficult house in terms of relationship and finance and even profession or career. 8th house gives inclination or interest in occult and sex too but that does not mean that people with 8th house planets are sexually active with many partners.

@claire I am more into Vedic astrology, what according to you 8th house is being told in western astrology.

Best Reagrds

I agree that the 2nd house as ruled by Taurus rules the mouth, but also the chin and the throat. I dont see that the the 8th house rules this area of the partner. It is the house of shared assets and the partner is more illustrated by what the 7th house holds, its ruler and any planets etc. THe sun in the 8th house, depending on the sign and the aspects can heral the death by heart attack or area ruled by the sun such as the upper back and spinal area including gall bladder.

SO many die of heart attacks and they dont all have their sun in or transitting the 8th house I am sure.

:)

CapAquaPis

Having a sun and moon in my 8th Aquarius, it made me a pessimist, but I have an open mind, interested in astrology and the paranormal, and learned lessons about money: personal income isn't easy to acquire and obtain.

Zeuses

I have mars and sun in the eighth Aries and sex isnt important to me. I am currently reading an excellent book by Bernadette Brady. She writes that the eight house represents transformation, beginnings or endings, death and birth. other peoples resources including emotional, physical and financial, sex, intense irrevocable change and a transformation so that it becomes impossible to return to the old system. In terms of what Pluto means in your own chart if you go to Astrodienst they offer a clickable personal profile so you can see what each planet means in your chart.