Can you stand your opposite?

FedorFan

I try really hard to understand Gemini -- I'm a Sag sun with a ton of earth signs. Everytime I talk to one they talk so condescending and cold to me I have no idea what is going on. For example, a conversation will go like this.

Me: Hey did you go to the game?
Gemini: ??
Me: You know, the high school football game?
Gemini: Oh, I don't care about sports...
Me: That's cool, are we still hanging out today?
Gemini: ...
Me: Remember you said message you later today and I'll show you some astrology. Here's a link.
Gemini: Good job, good work buddy.

Believe it or not that was almost an exact conversation I had on AIM.

Anyways I try my best not to get into a fist fight with them -- Mars in 1st and Moon in 1st both in Aries -- but it's really hard to be treated like this.

It's really weird because they (sorry for generalizing) treat all my friends like this, but it seems to only bother me. However, I started noticing something else.

Alot of my friends who have opposite suns can't stand each other. Practically every Aquarius and Leo I know HATE each other. My brother (Leo Sun) just the other day was talking about himself and how great his back was (typical Leo). Then my Aquarius friend kept saying how much of a great back he had -- sarcastically of course -- the rest of the night.

Case in point, do you guys notice a war between your opposite or do you guys just deal with it?

flea

FedorFan,
I would have to say that only looking at the sun sign is too superficial in my experience. It may seem like it is happening for a short period of time, something that you notice, and try to make sense of.

As you get deeper into astrology you find that you get along with all signs and also get frustrated with all signs to some degree too. When you get to findingout their birth chart, the story always opens up to show specific issues that may often have nothing to do with the sun sign.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie for instance may beg to disagree with you. I am a sag sun and gemini ascendant and NN, so I have to resolve how these energies work well together. For me I have found that the sag side of me is always looking to find new things continually curious about life, but this is often done in a solitary manner (speaking personally). My gemini side comes out when I teach and disperse that which I have learnt from my sag sun and merc. This maybe accounted by my sag descendant, so how I percieve the other whatever that maybe.

So before you make a general assumption.....looking at the charts may reveal a truer picture. There are gemini's that you may fall in love with too!! the opposition can repel and attract in equal measure, but the balance is far superior in my book.

Love Light Flea

FedorFan

Flea thanks for the response.

I'm new to this forum, but not astrology. For example the reason why I used sun signs for opposites is Venus and Mercury are almost always opposite to each other as well.

For example you probably have Venus in Scorpio and Mercury in Capricorn as do I. While most Gemini have Venus in Taurus and Mercury in Cancer so we have three planets already opposing each other.

Anyways I would love to fall in love with a Gemini, but I haven't really befriended any Gemini girls just a ton of Leos and Scorpios.

gaer

FedorFan said:
I'm new to this forum, but not astrology. For example the reason why I used sun signs for opposites is Venus and Mercury are almost always opposite to each other as well.
You would be surprised how often that is simply not true.

For instance, I have Sun in Libra, but Mercury is in Scorpio, while Venus is in Leo.

The person who helped me learn a great deal of what I know about astrology, also Sun in Aries, had Mercury in Pisces.

One of my closest friends, again Aries Sun, has Mercury in Pisces and Venus in Gemini. Also Mars in Gemini. And by the way, she is one of the least flighty or superficial people I've ever met in my life.

I have to agree with Flea. You are putting too much emphasis on sun-sign astrology.

Alice

I would agree with Gaer about the Sun sign business - because I have only two outer planets in Virgo (I was trained in traditional astrology, so I always have a default position of discounting them) I regard myself as having no earth. So I think of my opposite as someone with about six planets in Capricorn, and I have terrible difficulties with it. As I do with anything Saturnian really.

mdinaz

I have Sun/Merc/Venus all in Gemini, and Mars/Uranus/Pluto in Virgo. I consider my opposites to be those with a lot of water, especially Piscean people, who drive me nuts. I dated a girl with a Pisces Mercury and it drove me crazy, the complete communication disconnect, even though we had compatible suns and moons. Another girl I dated had her moon opposite mine (Leo/Aqu) and we got along great. Two exes and my current flame all have earth suns (Cap, Cap, Vir), and we get along great. So there's a lot involved in compatibility other than just Sun signs.

Stacey5271

I am a Capricorn and one of my best friends was my opposite sun sign - Cancer. The sign I would say I have had the most trouble with is Aries, but again, one of my best friends is an Aries.

universal

Fedorfan,
You ask if we've noticed having a war with our opposite sun sign. When presented with a problem situation, we needn't necessarily go to war. We can choose to recognize a basic disagreement and remove ourselves to concentrate on more pleasant interactions.
In answer to your question, as a Taurus, yeah, I notice antipathy with Scorpio Suns.

I don't think it's called an 'opposition' for nothing. The way I see it, their sun, their Self, opposes you. Even with my Aries Moon, maybe especially with that, I don't like being opposed. As cited above, I choose to concentrate my energies elsewhere.

FedorFan

gaer said:
You would be surprised how often that is simply not true.

For instance, I have Sun in Libra, but Mercury is in Scorpio, while Venus is in Leo.

Yes, but you are just making my point. Mercury is usually a sign ahead of your sun sign hence your Mercury is in Scorpio as mine is in Capricorn. Mercury and Venus are almost always close to the Sun.

gaer

mdinaz said:
I have Sun/Merc/Venus all in Gemini, and Mars/Uranus/Pluto in Virgo. I consider my opposites to be those with a lot of water, especially Piscean people, who drive me nuts. I dated a girl with a Pisces Mercury and it drove me crazy, the complete communication disconnect, even though we had compatible suns and moons. Another girl I dated had her moon opposite mine (Leo/Aqu) and we got along great. Two exes and my current flame all have earth suns (Cap, Cap, Vir), and we get along great. So there's a lot involved in compatibility other than just Sun signs.
Just what makes two people "click" is infinitely complicated, in my opinion. Certainly when there are many indications in two natal charts that the people involved are radically different in personality, goals, ideals, and so on, the likelihood that they will share important parts of their lives is small, and in a love relationships, everything is so much more intense than in friendship. Still, very different people sometimes seem fated to live together AND benefit from the challenges, so in the end all remains a mystery to me.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi folks!
Gaer, you said:
.<...so in the end all remains a mystery to me.>>- Me too.
I am sun libra- I am totally fascinated by aries men-drawn to them. I've had 3 very major relationships in my life with 3 aries all born on the same date..None of them worked out but the bonds were deep and extrication was painful.
I have venus in scorpio.....a few very important scorpio men have also *passed through* my life-again deep connections.My daughter's father is sun cancer and cancer is my H7 cusp-
There are just so many possible computations that *bring people together* and *compatability* isnt always part of the equation! We have * lessons to learn* through our relationships so I think our souls are drawn toward relationships that offer us opportunities to grow....Its up to us what *we do with that opportunity*.
I'm pretty sure moon signs figure prominently in our attractions to others too.
Cheers, Lillyjgc

Undo

I'm a Sun-Cancer, so my Sun-Opposite is a Capricorn.
I've only ever met one Capricorn that I could relate to or talk to.
My ex is a Capricorn (don't know the other aspects of her chart) but, regarding her and the others I've spoken to, they all seem moodier than a Cancer and eight times as stubborn. I understand people get moody or emotional, but to me (Leo AC and Merc) I've no time to sit and listen to the same sad story every day. There comes a time when you have to let go. Perhaps these people had Cancer in their charts somewhere as well, becuase they just couldn't let a thing go.

gaer

lillyjgc said:
There are just so many possible computations that *bring people together* and *compatability* isnt always part of the equation! We have * lessons to learn* through our relationships so I think our souls are drawn toward relationships that offer us opportunities to grow....Its up to us what *we do with that opportunity*.
I'm pretty sure moon signs figure prominently in our attractions to others too.
Cheers, Lillyjgc
I have been very close to people with the Sun in every sign. :)
Undo said:
I'm a Sun-Cancer, so my Sun-Opposite is a Capricorn.
I've only ever met one Capricorn that I could relate to or talk to.
My ex is a Capricorn (don't know the other aspects of her chart) but, regarding her and the others I've spoken to, they all seem moodier than a Cancer and eight times as stubborn.
This is very strange, because the sign Capricorn is not normally considered moody. Cancer is described as moody. Obviously you can see the danger of considering only the Sun sign. :)

Gaer

Undo

gaer said:
This is very strange, because the sign Capricorn is not normally considered moody. Cancer is described as moody. Obviously you can see the danger of considering only the Sun sign. :)

Gaer

Of course. Now if only J. Randi knew the danger.

I realize that Capricorn isn't normally a moody sign. Perhaps broody would have been a better word. To me, just from being around them, I can pick up that "I'm not over this" kind of vibe.
Maybe my Cancer is less pronounced with the Leo and air signs in my chart.
But to me, the ones that I have met, have been really dark, unhappy, and pretty much just fake their happiness.

Junke

Errrr, if you're considering sun signs, than a Taurus Sun would be my opposite. And I actually get on quite well with most of them. Alot of the Taurus Suns I know don't have or have very little water in their chart, so that may be a factor too. The relationships aren't like glamourous, but I kinda enjoy them because it makes me really feel like a Water Sign.

gaer

Undo said:
Of course. Now if only J. Randi knew the danger.

I realize that Capricorn isn't normally a moody sign. Perhaps broody would have been a better word. To me, just from being around them, I can pick up that "I'm not over this" kind of vibe.
I think you're on the wrong track. There are two things you should think about, or rather separate: are you thinking of Sun in Capricorn, or are you thinking about Capricorn dominating a chart? Those are very different matters.

You, for instance, have Sun/Moon/Mars all conjunct in Cancer, and that does make Cancer rather powerful in your chart. I can't help but think that you are allergic to moody people because you yourself are more moody than you would like to admit. :)

However, Saturn is trine all these planets, and if anything I would expect that to be very grounding, to push you towards a somewhat practical or stoic view toward life. If I'm correct, and if that means that people who whine or brood or are overly moody irritate you, then anyone who is this way is going to push you away, or you are going to pull away. Probably you are moody but tend not to give into it to easily, so people who drag you down are very tiring.

It would help to at least have the right day of birth for these "troublesome Capricorns" you have mentioned. Capricorn by itself is noted for being practical, down to earth and quite stable. But that is the sign itself, and that is little help when considering a chart.

If, for instance, you are around someone with Capricorn Sun who has Moon in Cancer, Pisces Ascendant and difficult aspects from Saturn to the Moon and or Venus, just as an example, you might have a very dark, brooding person.

There are an infinite number of scenarios that would cause this "brooding" kind of personality, which apparently drives you nuts. :)

Note also that with Venus in Gemini oppositie Uranus in Sagittarius, you are going to want a lot of flexibility and freedom, and since both are in good aspect to Jupiter, that's all rather expansive, suggesting a need for a lot of freedom. When you want something, you tend to want it NOW.

Mercury square Saturn is often rather outspoken, good for critical thinking but can be quite argumentative, strong opinions, at worst abrasive in communication, and with Merc right on the AC, I would think that might accentuate your irritation with people who are "heavy", who would drag you down.
Maybe my Cancer is less pronounced with the Leo and air signs in my chart.
Yes.
But to me, the ones that I have met, have been really dark, unhappy, and pretty much just fake their happiness.
Once again, at least look at charts for their birthdays. I'm pretty sure that Capricorn Sun is not the real cause of the problems you've had—not the problems you've mentioned.

Gaer

Undo

gaer said:
I think you're on the wrong track. There are two things you should think about, or rather separate: are you thinking of Sun in Capricorn, or are you thinking about Capricorn dominating a chart? Those are very different matters.

You, for instance, have Sun/Moon/Mars all conjunct in Cancer, and that does make Cancer rather powerful in your chart. I can't help but think that you are allergic to moody people because you yourself are more moody than you would like to admit. :)

However, Saturn is trine all these planets, and if anything I would expect that to be very grounding, to push you towards a somewhat practical or stoic view toward life. If I'm correct, and if that means that people who whine or brood or are overly moody irritate you, then anyone who is this way is going to push you away, or you are going to pull away. Probably you are moody but tend not to give into it to easily, so people who drag you down are very tiring.

It would help to at least have the right day of birth for these "troublesome Capricorns" you have mentioned. Capricorn by itself is noted for being practical, down to earth and quite stable. But that is the sign itself, and that is little help when considering a chart.

If, for instance, you are around someone with Capricorn Sun who has Moon in Cancer, Pisces Ascendant and difficult aspects from Saturn to the Moon and or Venus, just as an example, you might have a very dark, brooding person.

There are an infinite number of scenarios that would cause this "brooding" kind of personality, which apparently drives you nuts. :)

Note also that with Venus in Gemini oppositie Uranus in Sagittarius, you are going to want a lot of flexibility and freedom, and since both are in good aspect to Jupiter, that's all rather expansive, suggesting a need for a lot of freedom. When you want something, you tend to want it NOW.

Mercury square Saturn is often rather outspoken, good for critical thinking but can be quite argumentative, strong opinions, at worst abrasive in communication, and with Merc right on the AC, I would think that might accentuate your irritation with people who are "heavy", who would drag you down.

Yes.

Once again, at least look at charts for their birthdays. I'm pretty sure that Capricorn Sun is not the real cause of the problems you've had—not the problems you've mentioned.

Gaer

Spot on description of me, I must say. I -can- be moody/broody myself, I've just never been one to talk about it to others or take it out on others. I actually have a problem talking about and acknowledging the darker sides of my psyche. I also dislike broody/moody people as it easilly can cause a 180 in my emotions, since I seem to susceptible to the emotions of others. It's also tough to be in a relationship (friendship or otherwise) with someone who never feels happy. No matter what you do or say, they continue to mope.

"When you want something, you tend to want it NOW." Heh. Too true. Impatient to boot.

I know it's not the real problem, it's just that I've nothing else to go by. All I know is that these individuals were born between 24-26th of December. I know it's due to other chart influences, but I must say, those few Capricorns, were probably the moodiest and broodiest people I've met. The reason why they stand out so is because of the damage they caused to me. Emotionally vindictive that's almost like the stereotypical Scorpio. One was a father figure the other was my first girlfriend.

Sun in Capricorn, not Capricorn dominating a chart. I've friends with Capricorn in their charts, no problems. I -do- realize it was something else. It's just their actions caused me to unfortunately paint Capricorns with a wide brush. Add that most Sun in Caps I've met have been this way. Perhaps I've a penchant for attracting those folk. Who knows.