Sun conjunct Venus, how does this play out?

Xeli

I have Sun conjunct Venus very tightly in Aries. How does this affect me because of my Saturn?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 37

C0rnholio

Venus conjunct Sun in Aries makes you more sociable, more of an Aries, more open, but a Saturn in a stellium with the Sun adds a lot of insecurity and makes you more reserved. This could play our as a search for a social validation. However, with all the three planets being in the 9th house, that may not easily materialize. Either way, that's a little bit of a conflict that you would have to work on.

That Aquarius stellium probably adds a lot of aloofness and bubbliness, but this plays out mostly in personal relationships.

You have no water in your chart except for your Ascendant. This is one more controversy that I am sensing. I wonder if you are very emotional or a very unemotional girl? Do you have difficulties feeling or expressing emotions?

Xeli

Venus conjunct Sun in Aries makes you more sociable, more of an Aries, more open, but a Saturn in a stellium with the Sun adds a lot of insecurity and makes you more reserved. This could play our as a search for a social validation. However, with all the three planets being in the 9th house, that may not easily materialize. Either way, that's a little bit of a conflict that you would have to work on.

That Aquarius stellium probably adds a lot of aloofness and bubbliness, but this plays out mostly in personal relationships.

You have no water in your chart except for your Ascendant. This is one more controversy that I am sensing. I wonder if you are very emotional or a very unemotional girl? Do you have difficulties feeling or expressing emotions?

Thank you - and I do have difficulty feeling and expressing emotions. :/ I tend to think much more about them than actually feel them.

C0rnholio

Thank you - and I do have difficulty feeling and expressing emotions. :/ I tend to think much more about them than actually feel them.
Oh, yes, makes sense. This is also a property of Moon in Aquarius. But with your Aquarius Moon/Jupiter/Uranus/Neptune stellium you should be a quite emotionally healthy and happy person. So does this issue with emotions even bother you in any way?

Xeli

Oh, yes, makes sense. This is also a property of Moon in Aquarius. But with your Aquarius Moon/Jupiter/Uranus/Neptune stellium you should be a quite emotionally healthy and happy person. So does this issue with emotions even bother you in any way?

Mostly emotions like anger and frustration... But perhaps that is my retrograde mars.

waybread

OK-- so Venus in a woman's chart indicates (among other things) her sense of femininity and female sexuality. Traditionally, these qualities were not seen as so compatible with the head-butting ram, Aries. Today we do have a woman warrior archetype, which you may fit very well. Perhaps you like to initiate relationships, for example, rather than wondering, "Will he call?"

Venus also shows what people in general attract into their lives and find attractive. You have a strong 9th chord chart, with sun-Venus-Saturn in the 9th, trining Pluto in Sagittarius, and sextiling Jupiter (which conjuncts your moon.) Jupiter also is the traditional ruler of your 9th house.

Have you decided to travel around the world yet? Or taken seriously a career in a 9th house field, like higher education or the law? I can see you headed for some serious adventure tourism.

You can play Saturn one of two ways. Either it shows where you feel inadequate, frustrated, and not-good-enough; or it shows where self-discipline and hard work will really pay off. With sun-Saturn, you may come across to others as fairly serious, or heeding restrictions in life that other's don't see.

Sun-Venus could suggest a relationship with an older (Saturn) person-- possibly in a foreign country, or with someone who is a foreigner in your country.

One interesting thing about your chart is your Mars retrograde in Virgo, conjunct your north node. It makes no major aspects to the other planets in your chart. This placement can make you very self-critical; and perhaps unwilling to take the risks that your Aries nature truly needs. With the NN in the picture, your growth will come from expressing your courage. The 3rd house deals with communication, but also one's siblings (if any), neighbours, and short-distance travel.

Does any of this ring a bell for you?

tsmall

Premium Member
I have Sun conjunct Venus very tightly in Aries. How does this affect me because of my Saturn?

Awesome analysis waybread. :)

Xeli, I'm going to break with some of my traditional friends and say that your Venus, though more than 17' from the Sun, is still cazimi. At 19 minutes of arc in a natal chart...well, yes. She's sitting in the heart of the Sun, though separating which could make a bit of difference. In my admittedly limited studies (usually with Mercury, since he is so often seriously combust) I have found that within an entire degree of being conjunct the Sun makes a difference.

In this case, you have Venus in detriment (Aries opposes her daytime home of Libra) which otherwise would make it hard for Venus to express her airy/Libran/better known Venusian qualities. Being in the heart of an exalted Sun? At a guess I would say you get most frustrated when you don't see balance in the world the way you expect it to be. This will most likely happen with things that affect your family/home (4th house) and your friends/wishes for the world (11th house.) I use whole sign houses for topics, which is why this might be a bit different from what others analyses are. Your ASC ruler the Moon, as well as its exaltation ruler, Jupiter, are in Aquarius in your 8th house. These both dispose back to Saturn, which brings us back to your original question. What does Saturn have to say in all this?

Saturn rules your 7th house of partnerships (and it's exaltation ruler, Mars, isn't in great shakes either, being retrograde and cadent) as well as your 8th house of...among other things, the resources to support those partnerships. Saturn is about limits, and in your case he is well and truly burnt (combust) an exalted Sun. Combust planets are pretty ineffective as rulers of their own houses, and burnt of an exalted Sun suggests that on the one hand you expect certain things to be the way you want them to, period, yet on the other you are down deep worried/frightened that the resources you need for your relationships just won't be there.

There are a lot of terrific things in your chart, but my question to you is this...what prompted you to ask in the first place?

Xeli

Thank you very much waybread and tsmall for your interperations. :)

I asked about this because my Sun is so close to my Venus, and Saturn might have caused some sort of limitation or restriction. I'm still a newbie to astrology, and Saturn seems to have a bad rep from what I've read.

waybread

You are welcome! One other thing I might mention is that a planet conjunct the sun tends to show what you identify with, as the sun indicates your sense of identity. [This is different from the teachings of traditional astrologers, who see a planet conjunct the sun as overpowered and thus weakened by the suns rays.] I picked up on a more modern interpretation when I looked at a bunch of professors' charts, and found that Mercury conjunct sun was fairly common. I think they identified (sun) with their intelligence (Mercury.) So you may identify strongly with your sense of femininity (Venus), as well as a sense of responsibility (Saturn.)