i feel lost..

JenniferThiesing

So, I'm 19 ill be 20 in november.. this year I've been trying to make changes in my life. My whole life has been ups and mainly downs I try to keep positive but stress n tension and frustration and negatives always creep in! I've tried my hardest to stay on track this year.. moved back home faced th demons I had with my mom, got back into school, got into astrology, started praying more, got a job, kept the job, and around august I started feeling the same way I used too .. alone.. misunderstood .. feel like forces are against me.. stuck.. limited.. confused.. I'm trying my hardest to keep it together.. anyine care to look at my chart and offer any advice? Id really appreciate it.. no one close cares really try to understand me.. I can't figure out how to put my chart on here using my phone.

Jennifer 11/26/92 , 7:21 am, indianapolis, indiana

sven555

So, I'm 19 ill be 20 in november.. this year I've been trying to make changes in my life. My whole life has been ups and mainly downs I try to keep positive but stress n tension and frustration and negatives always creep in! I've tried my hardest to stay on track this year.. moved back home faced th demons I had with my mom, got back into school, got into astrology, started praying more, got a job, kept the job, and around august I started feeling the same way I used too .. alone.. misunderstood .. feel like forces are against me.. stuck.. limited.. confused.. I'm trying my hardest to keep it together.. anyine care to look at my chart and offer any advice? Id really appreciate it.. no one close cares really try to understand me.. I can't figure out how to put my chart on here using my phone.

Hi! :smile:

I'll have a look for you now. Would you like me to upload your chart here too? :joyful:

*emma*

Banned

jennifer, first thing is dont panic, its not worth it and at 19 you shouldnt be so overwhelmed with so much, tackle one little problem at a time, hope the pro astrologers here can shed a little light for you, blessings from me from cyberworld

JenniferThiesing

Thanks emma :) your very sweet.. I try not too I really do .. but there's always that voice in my head that's telling me I can do better ... people act like in crazy and I believe it sometimes. Thank you though.. & all the blessings in the world back at you.

sven555

Thank you so much! Yes id really appreciate it!! God bless you!

Here you are Jennifer! :smile:

Jenniferschart.gif

sven555

jennifer, first thing is dont panic, its not worth it and at 19 you shouldnt be so overwhelmed with so much, tackle one little problem at a time, hope the pro astrologers here can shed a little light for you, blessings from me from cyberworld

Completely agree. :smile:

Peregrine_Moon

Hi Jennifer,

I wrote a long discussion of your chart, far too late last night and made a big mistake. I'll revise and repost shortly.

Last edited:

JenniferThiesing

Thank you so so so so much. After reading that I feel much better then I have in the past 2 weeks. You hit it right on spot about my mom. See she had me at 13 and I wasn't wanted .. and my grandmother was very neglectful ... she has 3 kids and no one that's related to her speaks to her... so my mom had it rough and having to grow with me had to of been hard. For many years I stayed in my room and listened to music, the only time we talked was when it was nessecary about serious things.. and especially after my brother was born I was even more put to the back ground. I had to learn a lot of things on my own. My real dad was never around and my sted dad for years asked ne how school was everyday and that's all the communication we had. So yes I've felt very alone all of my life. My mom was very hard on me and a bit controlling and. judgemental.. butt never took time to bond with me. Around 5 is when I was first. molested by my uncle which has definetly affected my sexual life. In 2009 is when I.started rebelling against my mom and everyone. Got into partying and whatnot. I've calmed down a lot, and I'm trying. focus but I get depressed easily .. astrology has really helped. And yes Scorpio rising lol and u can def tell by my apperance. I'm hoping things will start coming together soon but I'm kinda scared.. saturns about to go into scorpio.. and I have solar eclipse hitting my mercury & pluto in november right before my bday plus the retrograde.. lol I have no clue what's going to.happen I just hope I can maintain myself without falling out due to depression. Thank u so much it really helps

Last edited:

Peregrine_Moon

Hi Jennifer,

I hope this is better and more accurate

Your Ascendant and First House

You may present yourself as an intense person, trying to keep a lid on a lot of internal conflict. Your Ascendant is in the last 39 minutes of Scorpio, but it belongs to Scorpio nonetheless and its ruler, Pluto, conjunct the Ascendant, is not going to let go of its significance there. Nonetheless, there is an elemental conflict with your Sagittarius Sun in the first house. Your Capricorn Moon has almost escaped the house.

You probably seem to be intense, at times intimidating. Scorpio rising always gets noticed: whether extroverted or quietly in the background, they radiate a kind of intense energy that can be magnetic. People often have an immediate like/dislike response, before knowing you or anything about you. Those who like you or find you attractive probably feel that you’re not easy to get to know. It’s likely that others find you sexually compelling and that you’re interested in the transcendent, spiritual and mystical potential of sexual engagement which accords with Sagittarius’ curiosity and experimental innovation.

In your early life, you may have experienced a strong, inner conflict about how to express yourself to others. Sagittarian optimism and curiosity is a strong, driving force in your personality that can be in conflict with the deeper intensity of your Scorpio Ascendant. The two signs are incompatible and too close together to form significant aspects to direct them. Water and fire together produce boiling hot water, scalding steam, vapour that cools and evaporates, or water that puts the fire out altogether.

In your childhood—governed by your first house—you likely learned, by trial and error, to make choices about how to be with others, depending on your context. Was it better to be bright and sunny, even if you felt worried or tired? Warm and bubbly can be nice, but how to handle sadness? Brooding depth that doesn’t disguise your keen intuitive insight might make others uneasy or anxious around you. I suspect that unless you’re very comfortable and with people you know well, you’re unlikely to express both energies very strongly. You’ll pull back, dampen your Sun’s fire somewhat and try not to project too much of Scorpio’s investigative intuition. But in reality you can swing easily from fiery enthusiasm to penetrating exactitude; from exulting in life’s journey to being burdened by your intuitive awareness of others’ unstated concerns; from heated anger, to cold, cold rage. You may often wonder whether you can ever just be yourself. You may even worry about what kind of self that truly might be.

One challenge you face is to learn not to take yourself too seriously.

Virgo rules your Midheaven and its ruler, Mercury, is conjunct Pluto in Scorpio in the 12th house. You may enjoy working with the public in a service capacity where your practical and administrative skills can be used effectively for success in your field. In the 12th house, Mercury, representing your thinking and communication skills, is both in the background and retrograde. The conjunction with Pluto indicates that you think very deeply about things and likely keep most of your thoughts to yourself. You probably think carefully before you speak and you have concern about how others will receive what you say. This is further underscored by Saturn in Aquarius, which it rules, in your 3rd house of communication.

Orbs

In this chart, orbs are very important. I’d like to talk with you in person for awhile and learn about your sensitivity so that we can determine the right orbs for aspects to your planets, particularly the Sun and Moon.

For example, Jupiter is 55° 31' away from the Sun. I usually use an orb of 3° for a sextile aspect, which would mean that your Sun is peregrine, unaspected. A peregrine planet takes on enormous presence and significance in the chart because no other planet engages with it, modifying its expression. However, with a 5° orb, Jupiter and the Sun are sextile. Some astrologers use greater orbs than this. I decided to use that 5° orb because Jupiter is only 4° 29' away from being exactly sextile, and because Jupiter is the ruler of Sagittarius, which enhances your Sun by aspect. At the same time, Jupiter is also trine Saturn and square both Venus and Uranus. Those aspects modify Jupiter’s expression, gaining some groundedness from Venus and Uranus in Capricorn. Saturn’s trine aspect disciplines the air that Jupiter feeds to your fiery Sun.

Astro.com uses 10° orbs for everything. I think these are too wide a lot of the time. With a 10° orb, your Moon is square Jupiter but only 37' within the orb. I tend to think this is too wide an orb and, given that the Moon is in detriment in Capricorn, have kept the limit of the aspect to 7° , which is my usual orb for that aspect. This is a judgment call, though, and may not be right for you. With the 7° orb, your Moon is peregrine, meaning that it forms no conjunction, sextile, square, trine or opposition to any other planet. As I said, earlier, a peregrine planet takes on considerable significance in a horoscope. Whether this is accurate for you is something I can’t know without getting to know you better.

Pluto’s Transit through your First and Second Houses

I can understand a bit about why you've been going through such a hard time. Transiting Pluto crossed your Ascendant and began making its way through your first house when you were about five years old. It takes Pluto 248 years to make one complete orbit of the sun. It moves through some houses more quickly than others, but at most, it might transverse half of someone's chart in their lifetime. As a result, many people will never experience Pluto's transit through their house of personal identity and self-expression. When it does happen, though, everyone finds this to be a very difficult time.

Pluto is the agent of deepest, most radical transformation. It encourages us to abandon habits, behaviours and ways of thinking that aren't helpful to us or that limit us unnecessarily. Every contact Pluto makes in this or any other transit puts a strain on the planets it aspects and, by extension, the houses they govern.

It's one thing for Pluto to work on an adult who has lived for awhile and may have developed some wrong-headed or counter-productive ways of living and engaging with other people. For a young child to have to experience this transit when she's developing her sense of herself, who she is, what she wants to do and be, and how she will relate to others in the world is very hard. I suspect that Pluto's journey through your first house may have prompted you to be a more sober, cautious child than might otherwise have been the case. As I described, above, you’ve had to make some decisions about your public self. Pluto’s transit will have helped you with this, but the help Pluto gives often makes us feel worse for quite awhile before we start to feel better! Without Pluto, Sagittarius is often ebullient, adventure-loving, sometimes risk-taking, full of curiosity and intellectual imagination. Pluto doesn't remove those qualities, but usually translates them to a higher order. You may have become more spiritual and also more interested in religious or esoteric subjects because of this transit.

Pluto entered Capricorn and your second house at the beginning of 2009. Pluto's transit through this house pushes you to consider very deeply your self-worth and values. What do you value in your life and the world around you? What are your ethics and what is your moral code? How do you determine the differences between what's right and what's wrong? How do your values affect the ways you engage with others? And what is your own value? Can you earn a living, and if so, how will you be paid, and how much? How will you manage your money and the things you own? What do you think about yourself, as a human being? How do you feel about who you are and are becoming? These are weighty questions that will influence you for the rest of your life. During this transit, you will attract people and situations that will bring these questions into high focus, helping you to develop your moral and ethical character. Some of this may be a lot of fun for you since Sagittarius relishes a good intellectual engagement, whether a battle of the wits, a debate or the need to solve a meaningful problem. Some of it may be a significant challenge, too, though. Complex as this is, I think it's very good to engage with these issues at your age because this work will help you in myriad ways for the rest of your adult life.

There's no way to hurry through these transits and there aren't any steps you can skip or avoid. Pluto will move slowly, making aspects with every planet and point in your horoscope along the way. The major hard aspects--conjunctions, squares, quindeciles and oppositions--will be the most challenging, requiring you to make changes and adjustments. The softer ones--sextiles and trines--will be supportive and reinforcing.

Your Capricorn Moon

One other difficulty you face is your Moon in Capricorn. I have this, myself. If you read descriptions of this placement, you'll often read that the Moon is cold, detached, lacking in emotion, unable to recognize or appreciate others' emotions and possibly incapable of empathy and compassion. The Capricorn Moon is frequently described as discriminating and judgmental. One can easily have the impression that someone with this Moon simply doesn't care about others very much. Of course, this isn't true.

Those of us with Moon in Capricorn may be more measured than some others when it comes to emotional expression. We feel things as deeply and with as much nuance and complexity, but we're more likely to keep our emotions to ourselves than to give them free reign in public. Under stress, we may express emotion by doing practical things--Capricorn is an earth sign. One example I think of is, when there's an emergency, like an accident or a natural disaster, those with Capricorn Moons will work diligently to organize a response, to call emergency services, to coordinate emergency care and resources, to mobilize search teams, evacuation teams, temporary shelters, etc. Noel Tyl says that Capricorn Moon "needs an army." He means that we express our care through concrete, practical engagement to make things happen. We may still feel shocked, or hurt, we may need to cry, or laugh, or pray, like everyone else, but we'll be measured about those things and direct our energy into doing something useful. Accomplishing useful things helps us to feel better. Consequently, it can be agonizing for us to be faced with highly charged situations in which we simply don't know what to do or situations where others won't let us do anything to help.

You mentioned that you recently did some work on your struggles with your own mother. It's possible, even likely, that some of the traits of the Capricorn Moon are the things that upset you about your mother. You may have experienced her as distant, withholding or judgmental, for example. You may have felt that she didn't understand you if she didn't portray overt emotions about you or if it seemed that she didn't welcome your own emotional expressions. It can be very hard for a child to feel this kind of disconnection from her mother. One outcome of that may be that you generally feel as though you're alone, that you can't rely on others to care for you, that you're the one who has to do the work of care-taking (work, not feeling!) and that you don't receive the same for yourself. Sometimes, you may not know how to express the powerful feelings you have and it may be frustrating for you if others judge you because of it, or, worse, if you start to doubt whether you're able to love or care for others properly.

Try not to be too hard on yourself about these things. Recognize that every sign in the zodiac has a different way of expressing emotions, and that even those ways will be moderated by where the Moon is in the chart and how other planets engage with it.

You are not lost. Things feel hard right now and maybe you feel lonely. Your Jupiter needs to feel appreciated and that may be slow in coming. But it will come, in time. You are going to be okay. I promise. We'll help you!

Last edited:

JenniferThiesing

Yes!!!! We can definetly talkin in person if you would like just let me know how? Phone? or do you live in indiana ?
VERY ACCURATE. ------>Your truly a blessing. <------

I do really wonder when i'll be able to be myself, and yes that does scare me sometimes when im in a pessemistic mood. I think I do it to myself though I think TOO deep, ill play out every scenario in my head that could be possible, to come to a conclusion , and sometimes im on point and other times I confuse myself and make an impulse move. Ah I want inner peace. I want to be able to handle things accordingly , and not so .. personally . I take things and myself very seriously .. if not then I just ignore and try not to care... and then realize later im idiot for not caring. Im a moody person and my moods change quick. I can go from being peaceful to rocky in 0.2.

Peregrine_Moon

Jennifer, we can talk if you really want to, but what I meant was, in ordinary, not-online, "real" life, I'd want to know more in order to figure out things like the right orbs to use. However, you know a lot about astrology and I think you have a remarkably good sense of yourself and of other people. You might want to think about things for a bit and decide for yourself what orbs seem best for you in your natal chart. Then you can see what the best orbs might be for transits, too, especially transits to your Sun and Moon.

I don't want to seem condescending or maternalistic, but I've got to say that many people don't achieve much compassion or understanding for their parents until mid-life or later, but you show a lot of it at not quite 20. Compassion is often the product of pain and the recognition that everyone feels pain at different times. Recognizing that your mother was really only a young girl when you were born and maybe just didn't know how to love you the way one might hope a baby will be loved--that's a hard thing to come to terms with. Just know that you didn't cause it. Much of the time, others' reactions to us are about them, who they are, what they've been through, and not really about us very much at all. Similarly with your step-father. He may not have known how to relate to you or express care for you other than to ask about your day at school. At least he was trying to connect by identifying the major thing you were doing then and remembering some of what that was like for him. It's not enough, but it's not nothing, either.

I'm also impressed that you're able to recognize why partying was something you got caught up in. While a lot of that life isn't really good for us over the longer term, it's also true that everyone needs a way to escape from life sometimes. We can do it constructively or not, but sometimes we need a lot of trial and error before we know what's going to work for us.

Depression is a real thing, Jen. Pluto in Scorpio trines your Mars in Cancer: you do have a temper! In water signs, these planets indicate that anger is one of the things you feel most easily. If you haven't discovered it already, don't be surprised if, at some point, you discover that lots of intense sex can be a way to escape from things, express and discharge anger and drain excess emotions. Mars and Pluto love this kind of thing and I'm happy to admit that it can feel fantastic. With the right partner in the right circumstances, sexual energy can be healing. The difficulty can be to find the right partner(s) so that you can give and receive what you need without being abused. I can't give you a lot of advice about that except to pay attention to how you feel after you've been with someone. Try not to judge the things you may have done with someone as long as you and they both wanted to do them and you were both safe, not at risk of harm. Instead, pay attention to how you feel about yourself. If you feel better, calmer, like you released something you needed to let go of or felt something you needed to feel--celebrate! But if you feel as though your activities proved that there's something wrong with you, that you somehow got what you deserved and it's appropriate to feel bad, or that you're less whole, less healthy, less, period--that's not so good. Whatever happens in life, whatever your purpose is, you are not here to be abused or to be abusive, no matter what. Understand? I mean this with all my heart.

Depression is usually about anger, Jen. It's anger than we turn in on ourselves because there's noplace else to put it. It's one thing to recognize that we need to change something, but it's something else altogether if we beat ourselves up over it all the time. It doesn't help us or anyone else and it makes us afraid to move forward and try again. When fear and anger are harnessed together, we're in for a hard ride to nowhere good.

Those thoughts rolling around in your head that you mentioned in your first post? Take it from me--I'm 54 and have spent a long time contending with my own demons--those thoughts and voices are usually wrong. Almost all the time, they're wrong. Notice that they rarely tell you to feel good or to be proud of yourself. They don't celebrate your accomplishments and they won't really help you be healthy and strong. They'll send you back for more abuse, time and time again. If you give them a chance, they'll take over completely and then they're very hard to silence. Find ways to turn them off. If you can find someone who practices cognitive behaviour therapy, they can give you some good insights about those negative messages and specific, realistic things you can do to change these patterns. You won't need to go through years of this kind of therapy, either!

You are going to be okay. You've learned an enormous amount and you show excellent insight and great strength of character. Don't let anyone tell you anything different. Those who might don't know you and aren't acting like friends or people who love you, anyway.

Keep studying astrology. It's an excellent way to learn about yourself and others. It's cheaper than many other kinds of therapy, too. ;-)

JenniferThiesing

You have no clue how much I appreciate this. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Yeah Ive spent alot of my teenage years hating my mom, but after 3 years of rebellion, and putting myself in unhealthy situations, I understand why things happend that way. Since December of last year Ive done a 180, and have tried to fix alot of my mistakes. Me and my mom are closer now then we have ever been. After I not only rebelled agaisnt her , school, work, and the law.. I went and lived with her mom for a little while. And I definetly understand how my mom had no clue how to raise a child or to love one that was concieved of rape. Ive learned alot, in these almost 20 years. And yes anger comes more easily then anything. Opening up to people is Not easy at all! Ive ready that about sex being a good release for me , being that mars is in my 8th house , I think alot about it , but Im really insecure about my body. Im not comfortable in my skin, Im always trying to figure out how others would precieve me , and of course I pay more attention to the negatives then the positives. I'll work on it! Also I think what triggered this lil depression was a argument me and my "best friend" got into. Ive had issues with her for years, belittling me expecting me to follow her every move. She's very judgemental and has her my feelings for years. i was in a bad mood ( of course) and she was talking about an old friend of mine talking about how shes dumb and trash and how she thinks its funny that she had a baby and now she's fat.. Now usually I let it go and tell myself "thats just brooke" but I didnt this time. And I finally said something ive thought for years " the things you say about people, I wonder what u think of me " she in turn said " you need to loose weight" Well of course i took it very very personally. I didnt say anything the rest of the walk.. and when i got home I texted her telling her she hurt my feelings, and sometimes she comes off a bit judgemental. she exploded on me .. telling me now that im into astrology and pyschology i think im morally right and this and that.. and it really got to me because i love her and for many of years ive put my feelings aside to help her. She attacked me and the way I am and what I loved to do..and I took it to heart.. like im some worthless person. But once again thank you so much. this conversation was theraputic! I feel so much better, thank you for replying , I needed the words of wisdom. And ill look into that therapy it sounds really intresting and that it could help. God bless you !!!!

hknt99

wow, im born on 27/11/92, you are 1 day older than me
i also blame my mother for not raising me
hope everything will be good for you :kissing:

serafin5

Hi Jennifer,

I hope this is better and more accurate

Your Ascendant and First House

You may present yourself as an intense person, trying to keep a lid on a lot of internal conflict. Your Ascendant is in the last 39 minutes of Scorpio, but it belongs to Scorpio nonetheless and its ruler, Pluto, conjunct the Ascendant, is not going to let go of its significance there. Nonetheless, there is an elemental conflict with your Sagittarius Sun in the first house. Your Capricorn Moon has almost escaped the house.

You probably seem to be intense, at times intimidating. Scorpio rising always gets noticed: whether extroverted or quietly in the background, they radiate a kind of intense energy that can be magnetic. People often have an immediate like/dislike response, before knowing you or anything about you. Those who like you or find you attractive probably feel that you’re not easy to get to know. It’s likely that others find you sexually compelling and that you’re interested in the transcendent, spiritual and mystical potential of sexual engagement which accords with Sagittarius’ curiosity and experimental innovation.

In your early life, you may have experienced a strong, inner conflict about how to express yourself to others. Sagittarian optimism and curiosity is a strong, driving force in your personality that can be in conflict with the deeper intensity of your Scorpio Ascendant. The two signs are incompatible and too close together to form significant aspects to direct them. Water and fire together produce boiling hot water, scalding steam, vapour that cools and evaporates, or water that puts the fire out altogether.

In your childhood—governed by your first house—you likely learned, by trial and error, to make choices about how to be with others, depending on your context. Was it better to be bright and sunny, even if you felt worried or tired? Warm and bubbly can be nice, but how to handle sadness? Brooding depth that doesn’t disguise your keen intuitive insight might make others uneasy or anxious around you. I suspect that unless you’re very comfortable and with people you know well, you’re unlikely to express both energies very strongly. You’ll pull back, dampen your Sun’s fire somewhat and try not to project too much of Scorpio’s investigative intuition. But in reality you can swing easily from fiery enthusiasm to penetrating exactitude; from exulting in life’s journey to being burdened by your intuitive awareness of others’ unstated concerns; from heated anger, to cold, cold rage. You may often wonder whether you can ever just be yourself. You may even worry about what kind of self that truly might be.

One challenge you face is to learn not to take yourself too seriously.

Virgo rules your Midheaven and its ruler, Mercury, is conjunct Pluto in Scorpio in the 12th house. You may enjoy working with the public in a service capacity where your practical and administrative skills can be used effectively for success in your field. In the 12th house, Mercury, representing your thinking and communication skills, is both in the background and retrograde. The conjunction with Pluto indicates that you think very deeply about things and likely keep most of your thoughts to yourself. You probably think carefully before you speak and you have concern about how others will receive what you say. This is further underscored by Saturn in Aquarius, which it rules, in your 3rd house of communication.

Orbs

In this chart, orbs are very important. I’d like to talk with you in person for awhile and learn about your sensitivity so that we can determine the right orbs for aspects to your planets, particularly the Sun and Moon.

For example, Jupiter is 55° 31' away from the Sun. I usually use an orb of 3° for a sextile aspect, which would mean that your Sun is peregrine, unaspected. A peregrine planet takes on enormous presence and significance in the chart because no other planet engages with it, modifying its expression. However, with a 5° orb, Jupiter and the Sun are sextile. Some astrologers use greater orbs than this. I decided to use that 5° orb because Jupiter is only 4° 29' away from being exactly sextile, and because Jupiter is the ruler of Sagittarius, which enhances your Sun by aspect. At the same time, Jupiter is also trine Saturn and square both Venus and Uranus. Those aspects modify Jupiter’s expression, gaining some groundedness from Venus and Uranus in Capricorn. Saturn’s trine aspect disciplines the air that Jupiter feeds to your fiery Sun.

Astro.com uses 10° orbs for everything. I think these are too wide a lot of the time. With a 10° orb, your Moon is square Jupiter but only 37' within the orb. I tend to think this is too wide an orb and, given that the Moon is in detriment in Capricorn, have kept the limit of the aspect to 7° , which is my usual orb for that aspect. This is a judgment call, though, and may not be right for you. With the 7° orb, your Moon is peregrine, meaning that it forms no conjunction, sextile, square, trine or opposition to any other planet. As I said, earlier, a peregrine planet takes on considerable significance in a horoscope. Whether this is accurate for you is something I can’t know without getting to know you better.

Pluto’s Transit through your First and Second Houses

I can understand a bit about why you've been going through such a hard time. Transiting Pluto crossed your Ascendant and began making its way through your first house when you were about five years old. It takes Pluto 248 years to make one complete orbit of the sun. It moves through some houses more quickly than others, but at most, it might transverse half of someone's chart in their lifetime. As a result, many people will never experience Pluto's transit through their house of personal identity and self-expression. When it does happen, though, everyone finds this to be a very difficult time.

Pluto is the agent of deepest, most radical transformation. It encourages us to abandon habits, behaviours and ways of thinking that aren't helpful to us or that limit us unnecessarily. Every contact Pluto makes in this or any other transit puts a strain on the planets it aspects and, by extension, the houses they govern.

It's one thing for Pluto to work on an adult who has lived for awhile and may have developed some wrong-headed or counter-productive ways of living and engaging with other people. For a young child to have to experience this transit when she's developing her sense of herself, who she is, what she wants to do and be, and how she will relate to others in the world is very hard. I suspect that Pluto's journey through your first house may have prompted you to be a more sober, cautious child than might otherwise have been the case. As I described, above, you’ve had to make some decisions about your public self. Pluto’s transit will have helped you with this, but the help Pluto gives often makes us feel worse for quite awhile before we start to feel better! Without Pluto, Sagittarius is often ebullient, adventure-loving, sometimes risk-taking, full of curiosity and intellectual imagination. Pluto doesn't remove those qualities, but usually translates them to a higher order. You may have become more spiritual and also more interested in religious or esoteric subjects because of this transit.

Pluto entered Capricorn and your second house at the beginning of 2009. Pluto's transit through this house pushes you to consider very deeply your self-worth and values. What do you value in your life and the world around you? What are your ethics and what is your moral code? How do you determine the differences between what's right and what's wrong? How do your values affect the ways you engage with others? And what is your own value? Can you earn a living, and if so, how will you be paid, and how much? How will you manage your money and the things you own? What do you think about yourself, as a human being? How do you feel about who you are and are becoming? These are weighty questions that will influence you for the rest of your life. During this transit, you will attract people and situations that will bring these questions into high focus, helping you to develop your moral and ethical character. Some of this may be a lot of fun for you since Sagittarius relishes a good intellectual engagement, whether a battle of the wits, a debate or the need to solve a meaningful problem. Some of it may be a significant challenge, too, though. Complex as this is, I think it's very good to engage with these issues at your age because this work will help you in myriad ways for the rest of your adult life.

There's no way to hurry through these transits and there aren't any steps you can skip or avoid. Pluto will move slowly, making aspects with every planet and point in your horoscope along the way. The major hard aspects--conjunctions, squares, quindeciles and oppositions--will be the most challenging, requiring you to make changes and adjustments. The softer ones--sextiles and trines--will be supportive and reinforcing.

Your Capricorn Moon

One other difficulty you face is your Moon in Capricorn. I have this, myself. If you read descriptions of this placement, you'll often read that the Moon is cold, detached, lacking in emotion, unable to recognize or appreciate others' emotions and possibly incapable of empathy and compassion. The Capricorn Moon is frequently described as discriminating and judgmental. One can easily have the impression that someone with this Moon simply doesn't care about others very much. Of course, this isn't true.

Those of us with Moon in Capricorn may be more measured than some others when it comes to emotional expression. We feel things as deeply and with as much nuance and complexity, but we're more likely to keep our emotions to ourselves than to give them free reign in public. Under stress, we may express emotion by doing practical things--Capricorn is an earth sign. One example I think of is, when there's an emergency, like an accident or a natural disaster, those with Capricorn Moons will work diligently to organize a response, to call emergency services, to coordinate emergency care and resources, to mobilize search teams, evacuation teams, temporary shelters, etc. Noel Tyl says that Capricorn Moon "needs an army." He means that we express our care through concrete, practical engagement to make things happen. We may still feel shocked, or hurt, we may need to cry, or laugh, or pray, like everyone else, but we'll be measured about those things and direct our energy into doing something useful. Accomplishing useful things helps us to feel better. Consequently, it can be agonizing for us to be faced with highly charged situations in which we simply don't know what to do or situations where others won't let us do anything to help.

You mentioned that you recently did some work on your struggles with your own mother. It's possible, even likely, that some of the traits of the Capricorn Moon are the things that upset you about your mother. You may have experienced her as distant, withholding or judgmental, for example. You may have felt that she didn't understand you if she didn't portray overt emotions about you or if it seemed that she didn't welcome your own emotional expressions. It can be very hard for a child to feel this kind of disconnection from her mother. One outcome of that may be that you generally feel as though you're alone, that you can't rely on others to care for you, that you're the one who has to do the work of care-taking (work, not feeling!) and that you don't receive the same for yourself. Sometimes, you may not know how to express the powerful feelings you have and it may be frustrating for you if others judge you because of it, or, worse, if you start to doubt whether you're able to love or care for others properly.

Try not to be too hard on yourself about these things. Recognize that every sign in the zodiac has a different way of expressing emotions, and that even those ways will be moderated by where the Moon is in the chart and how other planets engage with it.

You are not lost. Things feel hard right now and maybe you feel lonely. Your Jupiter needs to feel appreciated and that may be slow in coming. But it will come, in time. You are going to be okay. I promise. We'll help you!

Hi Peregrin, I have a question for you as I am still a student here. I saw that Jennifer's Mercury and Pluto were so close to her 1st house that it was my understanding that being so close those planets would automatically be attributed to the first house. Is that right?

Jennifer: Just hang in there honey. At 19 for me that was when I started going through depression myself and really starting to really look at where I had been and where I was headed and to SEE my family for the people they were. Needless to say that was a lot of reality to deal with as my home was a total mess that I had to survive and overcome. I have a Scorpio Asc. too and I believe that these issues may come with this Asc., however, once we learn how to rise above all of this pain the Scorpion becomes like the Phoenix and rises out of the ashes and there is transformation so there is that to look forward to. Try not to be too hard on yourself as that has always been as issue for me.

Blessings to you always,
Serafin5

Peregrine_Moon

Hi Peregrin, I have a question for you as I am still a student here. I saw that Jennifer's Mercury and Pluto were so close to her 1st house that it was my understanding that being so close those planets would automatically be attributed to the first house. Is that right?

Hi Serafin5,

You've raised a good question that's worth exploring. Sometimes we have to make judgment calls in our interpretation of a chart, going with our intuition or basic sense for how the chart feels as a whole. It's also important to check with the individual whenever possible to find out whether our sense of things feels accurate to them.

The question about the Ascendant intrigued me, too, when I saw Jennifer's chart. I fiddled with the chart in my computer program and discovered that if Jennifer had been born five minutes later, her Ascendant would have been at 0° Sagittarius. It takes almost five minutes more to raise the Asc to 1° Sagittarius. It's not unusual for a birth time to be off by 10 minutes or even longer. However, a birth time of 7:21 a.m. is not a "round" time and that also leads me to think it's probably quite accurate.

Jennifer's Mercury and Pluto are close to her Ascendant, it's true. Even though there's only 39' of Scorpio "left over" in the first house from the 12th, Scorpio is still entitled to be considered the rising sign. After all, those last minutes of arc have to happen, don't they?

I also think that if Jennifer really had a Sagittarius Ascendant, she would feel very different. But she said that she's feeling lost, full of stress, tension and frustration despite having worked hard to make some big changes in her life. It sounds like she feels a strong conflict within herself, within her own self identity and, possibly, in the ways she relates to other people in her life. That's important information and often accompanies this kind of conflict between the signs in someone's first house. As I outlined, earlier, Scorpio and Sagittarius are not very compatible. It's helpful to learn, from her comments after my post, that Jennifer looks like a Scorpio. That's actually very important. Scorpio physical characteristics are striking.

Notice that her 12th house is only 21° wide. Pluto is 6° away from the Ascendant which is definitely close enough to be considered conjunct, but it's not exactly hanging on at the edge of the sign. It's more than a third of the way into the house. However, her Moon is in the first house by only 15 minutes! I would definitely blend the Moon into a full interpretation of the second house. Moreover, knowing more about Jennifer's history, it's impossible to separate her Moon from either her self-concept (first house) or her self-worth (second house).

Mercury is 5° away from the Ascendant. Should it be blended into the first house? Maybe. But I didn't query it for several reasons. First of all, it's clearly in close conjunction with Pluto, almost as though it's in an alliance there, in the 12th house. It's also too far away from the Sun for even astro.com's software to consider it to be conjunct the Sun, and so I don't think that Mercury would have Sagittarian overtones. But the deciding factor for me is that Mercury is also retrograde. That "feels" like it belongs in the 12th house since it's not attempting to move forward.

In my interpretation, I said that I imagine Jennifer tends to think before she speaks, that she may hold onto thoughts before expressing them. That's consistent with Mercury in the 12th house, and definitely a characteristic of Mercury retrograde in any sign or house. Jennifer later described a difficult conversation she'd had with her friend. She's had some strong opinions about her friend's hurtful behaviour for a long time but hasn't ever expressed them (12th house contains hidden things). This time, though, when she said what was on her mind and her friend replied with another hurtful statement, Jennifer said that she took it very personally and didn't say anything more (Mercury retrograded back into the 12th!).

It's interesting to note that transiting Uranus is at 6° Aries in her fifth house and retrograding. It's loosely trine Jennifer's Sun. After Jennifer got home, she texted the other girl (Uranus governs technology) and told her more about how she feels when her friend is insensitive. Most of the time, Jennifer drops these conversations, but this time, she went through with it (Uranus is about unexpected change, about trying something new). Unfortunately, the other girl continued to be abusive and so Jennifer didn't get the deeper, more positive connection she'd hoped for. She said that what happened really upset her because she loves her friend and has tried to be good to her (5th house), even at her own expense. Well, Uranus may equip us for changing our actions, but there's no guarantee that the change will produce the results we might hope for.

But, stepping back and looking at things from a little distance, we can also say that Jennifer has also had a better outcome with the same transits. She was feeling pretty rotten the other night and came here to ask for help. Uranus is part of the mix since she used her computer to make the connection. She said she felt a lot better after reading what we'd written, here. And so, while she didn't get what she wanted with her friend, it looks like she feels affirmed about herself and that her impressions of her life and her relationships are pretty accurate.

As additional confirmation, transiting Uranus is square transiting Pluto in Jennifer's second house. There's good reason to hope that using her computer to find help (Uranus) produces a deeply rewarding (Pluto) outcome in terms of how she understands herself (2nd house).