Why I hate most vedic descriptions on internet

Julijana

Have you heard of the whisper game? Let's say there are 10 people sitting in a row and the first person says something to the other, by the time the 10th person states what the first one has said, the real meaning changes. The ancient maharishis have stated everything in sanskrit and everything is with respect to the entire chart NOT just one particular thing like 1st lord in 5th house and the kid will die. Well, my father has his 1st lord Jupiter in his 5th house Aries and Mars in the 1st house. And, I am still alive, hopefully I will still do by god's grace :happy:

Also, what you read on the internet on those free webpages needn't necessarily be the truth unless it has been stated that say statement 15/4 Brihat Jataka or BPHS. Add to it, how do you know that he has copied the correct statement and that 15/4 actually means that? Unless the source is very very authentic.

On a psychological note, it might be a wary for the reader for impending danger (which is necessarily good) or it might be to scare you so that you ask the services of the said person for the benefit of you.

It's all a matter of perspective. no?
I think it scared me and i'll go buy some gems to be happy :D No really, I can handle the truth. But i allways exzagerate bad parts. Ok, I'm done with this, so i'll look for more authentic info

AppLeo

So, when you search basic descriptons of planetary placements, you come across western and vedic ones. I have found (and I think most people too) vedic so scary, frightening, why is t like that? Is it normal? For example:

LAGNA LORD IN FIFTH HOUSE: His first child will not survive; he will not have happiness from kids. He will serve others.
LAGNA LORD IN SEVENTH HOUSE: His wife will be short-lived or he may have multiple marriages,...

Or a lot of descriptions like:
" he will have ugly feet and crooked nails..." , eat rotten food, be miserable (very common)

Can someone show me the light here? Or it's all because they translate this information from original texts? Why it scares people?

I've noticed this as well with Vedic astrology. I think it's because it's a traditional astrological belief system, so it hasn't adapted to the present times that we live in now. Vedic astrology is often associated with trying to predict, and predications are not always correct.

Alkaid

Why so? I think for Taurus 1st n 5th suck in a way, because it's rulling 6th house and is debilitated in 5th?
That's my understanding anyway, obviously sign placement, the dispositer, aspects etc can modify this quite a bit.
...5th is more often than not a pretty good house for the ascendant lord to be located.

Alkaid

Why so? I think for Taurus 1st n 5th suck in a way, because it's rulling 6th house and is debilitated in 5th?

Sorry, my previous response may have seemed a bit rude.

For Taurus lagna with venus in the 5th, you'd have to see what Mercury is doing. If Mercury is well placed and aspects or is conjunct venus then it would not be so bad.

These Vedic delineations are moreso extreme scenarios, created in a time where life was harder for the common man. things are still hard for the common people, but there are far fewer worst case scenarios happening now like dying from childbirth, extreme malnutrition, dying from a simple condition like diarrhea, etc.

That's why when 70-80% of people read delineations on their charts with these traditional systems they sound very negative. In those days unless you were in the top 20 or 30% of society you wouldn't have all that great a life generally. Because you'd be born a pauper in a low caste and have little chance of rising up, which would limit other areas of our life like romantic prospects, opportunities for your kids etc.

Alkaid

Also, even though venus is debilitated by sign in your example, she still occupies a great house from that ascendant and still aspects that ascendant which are both good.

It's not the ideal "ascendant ruler in the 5th placement" but it's still not all bad. There are definitely worse configurations to have.

Last edited:

RaRohini

Sorry, my previous response may have seemed a bit rude.

For Taurus lagna with venus in the 5th, you'd have to see what Mercury is doing. If Mercury is well placed and aspects or is conjunct venus then it would not be so bad.

These Vedic delineations are moreso extreme scenarios, created in a time where life was harder for the common man. things are still hard for the common people, but there are far fewer worst case scenarios happening now like dying from childbirth, extreme malnutrition, dying from a simple condition like diarrhea, etc.

That's why when 70-80% of people read delineations on their charts with these traditional systems they sound very negative. In those days unless you were in the top 20 or 30% of society you wouldn't have all that great a life generally. Because you'd be born a pauper in a low caste and have little chance of rising up, which would limit other areas of our life like romantic prospects, opportunities for your kids etc.

I beg to differ .. the vedic scriptures were written when society was more advanced with the use of energy fields and was more prosperous as well.Caste system is man made wrong interpretation of the vedas.
There was Varna Ashrama system which denoted the 'colour(not skin colour...soul colour)and the Dharma ( the roads leading to the Almighty). This was misinterpreted by latter societies ..

Last edited:

RaRohini

I beg to differ .. the vedic scriptures were written when society was more advanced with the use of energy fields and was more prosperous as well.Caste system is man made wrong interpretation of the vedas.
There was Varna Ashrama system which denoted the 'colour(not skin colour...soul colour)and the Dharma ( the roads leading to the Almighty). This was misinterpreted by latter societies .
I also have a theory that in those days the energies may have been clustered .Means many people may have had stelliums and probably lived together with similar people. For example, the warrior Mars based people may have lived in Mars clusters having their own rules and regulations; which was misinterpreted by latter societies as 'caste'.

London89

I think it scared me and i'll go buy some gems to be happy :D No really, I can handle the truth. But i allways exzagerate bad parts. Ok, I'm done with this, so i'll look for more authentic info

How to spot an Indian> Look at his fingers...8 out of 10 will be filled with some or other gemstones or at least 4 out of the 10. hahaha :biggrin: I have to get into selling gemstones in India, it's sure an easy nut to crack and scare the **** out of people to buy them. :cool: