Death and Loneliness in the 12th

Passable

Few questions here, for anyone who might have some insight.

Firstly, I am soon to join the Navy and my chosen job is SEAL. I am not necessarily what most people who know me would call the movie type image for this job (given my libra moon i tend to be very cheery in a goofy way, I do not at all 'act' the tough guy often), but I feel I fit correctly into this position and am qualified in all appropriate areas. I have further plans for after the 8 years minimum I will be devoting to this, but I am curious as to my likelihood of surviving it. Ridiculous question I know, to ask "When am i going to die?" but having lived deep within the 12th for so long I somewhat feel it would not be surprising if that was the outcome given this choice of occupation. I am not depressed or worried about it, just curious. I guess the more precise thing I am wondering that leads me to this- Am i going to die alone? Companionless? Which brings me to the next point-
The loneliness: Having my libra moon and all the absurd sensibilities of a Cancer there are few things in life that catch my interest as much as romance and companionship. I fall in love far too easily, and often dream of nothing else but a wonderful close relationship with some pretty girl. I am even good looking, yet for all of that I seem to have no luck in this department. I have had plenty of relationships but they have not worked out well having been built generally on my illusory projections of sentimental romance. Girls seem to avoid me or act unsure of me- even though I take care in my appearance and am not shy, nor socially awkward. I get along fine with plenty of girls, but any endeavor in which I attempt to form a closer relationship falls to pieces or is squashed strangely somehow usually in a very hurtful way. The same could be said of friends- I have a few very very close friendships, and I make new friends very easily, but in the long run people generally end up seeing me as an enemy or an oddity. I am always on the outside of society, despite having dedicated many years to being socially graceful and managing my presentation. Again, I do not fall on my face in these endeavors initially- I am generally successful in getting people to like me, and women are generally smitten with me at first. Somehow though it always decays and I find myself always ... alone in life. I am not depressed about this anymore, It has taken alot to get used to the fact that I can not share the wonderful joy the world offers with other people often, which is all I really want. I just want to know if anyone here has any confirmation of these things in my chart or any advice.

To play cheeky/devil's advocate regarding my 12th house positions, Yes- My relationship with my father was one of abandonment and now is often combative and strained, I tend toward being nocturnal, and as I said above, somehow always end up being the bad guy or enemy in most situations, despite the fact that I am actually very sincere and empathetic and compassionate, and genuinely do care more about others than myself- others meaning anyone really, to my detriment often.

To be clear these things have all made me stronger and I do not feel like a victim. We all have roles to play in life, and these seem merely to be the overtones of mine...

Attachments

• Kraken.jpg
    Kraken.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 55

majjik

Hi passable : )
First of all, congrats on being successful in yr chosen field. Being a navy seal is no easy task and certainly not for the faint hearted. But it is a very isolative occupation and one that does require you to be very secretive to the point of having to be selfish in order to survive it. This is not conducive or supportive of any intimate relationship due to the separative nature of the job. And having a Libra Moon makes relating to others very important for you..in the 3rd house of communication, relatives and siblings too. Venus rules Libra and Taurus which rules your 10th house of public reputation and success in yr chosen field will come with discipline and stubborn hardwork. Venus on a fateful degree in yr 11th house of friends, hopes and wishes trines your Moon shows a very nuturing side to your personality...a huge plus when meeting women. Your chart shows oppositions between Jupiter and Moon, 5th house Uranus rules 7th house of marriage opposite Venus...classic break-up aspects in astrology. However, don't worry too much about this as where you are heading (to th navy) you will have plenty of opportunities to "have fun" whilst not being able to commit due to your job until yr pretty woman comes along. Yr 12th house Mars square to yr Pluto IC gives you amazing inner strengh, willpower and athleticism so I say go for it...and good luck.

StillOne

In my opinion, what you have described points to a very accurate birth chart.

Your 7th house ruler of relationships, Uranus, opposes Venus. This brings about unusual and unpredictable situations in relationships.

Furthermore, the other oppositions present in the scope will yield a see-saw sensation: yes you want to be a Navy SEAL but you also want the fantasy relationship. I'd advise you to seek interpretations for your oppositions from many sources to help refine your particular manifestation.

Your chart ruler, the Sun, falls into the 12th house and so you need quite a bit of alone time in order to cope with life. This tends to bring about isolation. I know since I have the same scenario in my scope.

Google: ruler of the 1st in the 12th.

Mars rising could point to why you feel a combat role may suit you.

mdinaz

First of all, I was in the military and had a job that required much no-notice travel, sometimes for weeks on end, so having a relationship or getting involved with someone is not really realistic. The atmosphere around military life and those you meet is far different than after what happens when you get out, and the two really are mutually exclusive. Most military marriages end in divorce simply due to the stresses and demands of that life. Joining a combat outfit only even more so. With such choices, you choose the military or you choose a relationship, you really can't have both. I've seen how the military wives behave once the ship leaves port and really, it ain't pretty. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. While "Officer and a Gentleman" was a great movie, the happy ending is mostly fantasy. The relationship between the other two people in the movie is more realistic as to what really happens, sadly.

As for your chart, your 7th house chart ruler should be Saturn (I don't use outer planets as house rulers), and it is sesquiquadrate Mars in the 12th and located in the 5th. Relationships start with romance, and Saturn is in the 5th sesquiquadrate Mars and 5th house ruler Jupiter is square Mars. Your sexual planet Mars is in Cancer, a very poor position for Mars and is also in a very late chaotic degree, meaning it exhibits tendencies of two different signs that are very contradictory in nature. Mars is the planet of aggression and conquest, but in Cancer is very weak - but with part of its energy in Leo, may also seem selfish or self-seeking. This presents a very confusing picture for prospective mates, who are expecting a strong, domineering energy especially from someone with combat duty in mind, but instead see feminine, self-centered energy. Not a good basis for romance.

Saturn is sesquiquadrate Mars, so again this sexual energy is restrained, like pulling a punch, hesitant and wavering. Jupiter being square Mars does the same, especially with Jupiter near the 10th - it promises so much but delivers nothing. It's like the fight between Mike Tyson and Buster Douglas - much hyped and everyone excited, and before most people had even returned from the refrigerator with their beer, it was already over. Saturn is opposing Chiron, so whether you are consciously aware of it or not, the childhood wounds of abandonment and neglect are very visible, and trigger your reactions in subtle ways that women can pick up. Venus is also conjunct Chiron in a very late degree and your ideas of love and security are also tempered by this past memory - half intellectualized, half feeling, unstable. Moon is also in a very late degree and loose conjunct a Scorpio Pluto - understanding, yet chaotically intense and controlling. You present a very complex and confusing picture to prospective mates, and honestly, most girls your age have many options and don't have the time or inclination to try and figure it out, especially for a guy who's planning to leave anyway and may never come back, or come back minus various body parts.

Neptune is right on the 6th cusp so it is no wonder that you've selected to serve others through a highly secretive organization, as it suits your 12th house planets (and Mars particularly) where you can work in isolation and not be constantly reminded of your past. Men in military units, and combat particularly, have a liberating notion of that it doesn't matter where you come from or what you did in the past before the military - only what matters is what you do now. As much as you think you have handled the past, this service will continue to allow you to escape it and work with people for whom that past doesn't matter. Perhaps this will give you the time to truly come to grips with it and handle your poor Mars energy and to utilize it later in relationships.

Marinka

One striking feature of your chart is the Mars at 29 Cancer which is in the 12th house and close to rising. This will fit your role in life of being "on the edge". And, even after a life in the military, this is likely to still define your life.

Planets sitting at the last degree of a sign are usually involved during the lifetime of the person in "chaotic and uncontrollable events". This is not a constant but, it would be advisable to check when there are going to be challenging aspects to this position. For example, Uranus will oppose this position in April of 2018 and Mars will also move into a challenging aspect at around that same time. The brothers involved in the Boston Marathon bombing, the one that survived had a planet in the last degrees of a sign which happened to get activated at the time of the bombing. Depending on what planets are involved, there could be issues of manipulation or being manipulated but, again, this depends on which planets are activating the Mars and what else is going on in the chart.

Every person will have planets at these degrees either through the natal, progressions, or solar arc so this is not rare but, angles to your position are likely to occur more frequently in your life since it has occurred in your natal chart.

Venus also is placed in the last degrees of a sign and that happens to be in the sign of Gemini. Venus in this position can be very fickle - sometimes described as a person walking down the aisle and still checking out the opposite sex. So, could also be described as non-committal. If you are dating someone with this position, you'll never be completely sure of the affections. Since this is also in the last degrees of a sign, relationships are likely to have periods of "chaos & uncontrollable events".

miquar

Hi. I don't have long, but I just wanted to point out some things about your chart. Both the Moon and Venus are caught up with some planets that don't necessarily allow them easy fulfilment. The Moon aspects the Chiron Uranus opposition quite closely, and although Moon Jupiter aspects aren't normally troublesome, this could add to the problem for it suggests that you are attracted to women who do not commit easily.

Venus is widely aspecting Neptune, Uranus and Chiron, but the aspects are pulled together by Venus squaring the Uranus/Neptune and Chiron Neptune midpoints. Venus also aspects Jupiter, though quite widely.

Uranus, Chiron and Neptune often make things unattainable in some way. Air signs and Uranus need breathing space. And Jupiter in Aries also needs breathing space. I would imagine that you have tended to end up with partners who are quite detached on some level, even if they seem really wrapped up in the relationship early on. But these traits are also part of you, as shown by the chart placements mentioned above.

waybread

[deleted off-topic comments - Moderator]

That moon-Pluto square Mars does seem suitable for a warrior.

Also, the 12th house was the traditional "house of self-undoing." With the sun in this house, it can be one's ego that becomes "undone" or hard to sustain. Nevertheless, when we find famous people with 12th house suns, usually they have dedicated their lives to a cause or to a group that is bigger than themselves. Serving your country could be an empowering use of your 12th house sun.

With Jupiter in the 9th house so close to your MC, is it also possible that you look forward to a career that will allow you to see something of the world?

In terms of your rough patches in life to date, I would strongly suggest that you not tell yourself self-defeating narratives about yourself. Eventually they can become unwanted self-fulfilling prophecies. Obviously, if you do not expect people to befriend you, you will subliminally or even overtly orchestrate circumstances to validate your pre-formed beliefs.

See if this concept helps: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...your-lifes-stories-can-create-happier-endings

In psychology, this is also known as "reframing" your personal narratives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Passable

Interesting and thoughtful replies. I will consider them all thoroughly. Thank you everyone for your interest, time and effort

Passable

For example, Uranus will oppose this position in April of 2018 and Mars will also move into a challenging aspect at around that same time.

Interesting. Thank you for your reply, Would you mind expounding on this part though? What could this aspect portend?

Marinka said:
Venus also is placed in the last degrees of a sign and that happens to be in the sign of Gemini. Venus in this position can be very fickle - sometimes described as a person walking down the aisle and still checking out the opposite sex.

This is accurate... Sadly, and not by my mean intent, an overhwelming majority of my relationships have featured betrayals. I am most often somehow involved with women who are already in relationships, or with women who are not devoted to anyone and are perhaps juggling possible suitors. I myself have made regrettable and terrible shifts and jumps between partners.

waybread said:
With Jupiter in the 9th house so close to your MC, is it also possible that you look forward to a career that will allow you to see something of the world?

In terms of your rough patches in life to date, I would strongly suggest that you not tell yourself self-defeating narratives about yourself. Eventually they can become unwanted self-fulfilling prophecies. Obviously, if you do not expect people to befriend you, you will subliminally or even overtly orchestrate circumstances to validate your pre-formed beliefs.

See if this concept helps: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014...appier-endings

Yes and no to the question. Years ago I would have said yes immediately, now it is a nice thought but not a necessity to me. I do love travel, and i love immersing and experiencing different peoples, cultures, and ways of life- as well as seeing new things, edifices and ecosystems. But I have become more concerned with uncovering my destiny and am resolute in that rather than wanting to control the path it might take.

Your advice is appropriate and sage. Thank you for the article

miquar said:
The Moon aspects the Chiron Uranus opposition quite closely, and although Moon Jupiter aspects aren't normally troublesome, this could add to the problem for it suggests that you are attracted to women who do not commit easily.

Lol... Yes, this has definitely seemed to be the case

mdi[SIZE=2 said:
mdi[SIZE=2 said:
mdi[SIZE=2 said:
First of all, I was in the military and had a job that required much no-notice travel, sometimes for weeks on end, so having a relationship or getting involved with someone is not really realistic. The atmosphere around military life and those you meet is far different than after what happens when you get out, and the two really are mutually exclusive. Most military marriages end in divorce simply due to the stresses and demands of that life. Joining a combat outfit only even more so. With such choices, you choose the military or you choose a relationship, you really can't have both. I've seen how the military wives behave once the ship leaves port and really, it ain't pretty. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. While "Officer and a Gentleman" was a great movie, the happy ending is mostly fantasy. The relationship between the other two people in the movie is more realistic as to what really happens, sadly.

You are entirely right. I guess I should have distinguished that this was more of a curiosity of mine regarding my life up until now- It is actually a relief to me that this can no longer be a concern of mine and I can put it to rest for now. Like an iron door shut behind me keeping the chasing demons out.

mdinaz said:
Your sexual planet Mars is in Cancer, a very poor position for Mars and is also in a very late chaotic degree, meaning it exhibits tendencies of two different signs that are very contradictory in nature. Mars is the planet of aggression and conquest, but in Cancer is very weak - but with part of its energy in Leo, may also seem selfish or self-seeking. This presents a very confusing picture for prospective mates, who are expecting a strong, domineering energy especially from someone with combat duty in mind, but instead see feminine, self-centered energy. Not a good basis for romance.

It seems you have nailed things quite on their heads. I am often "too romantic and needy" as described many of my past lovers, specifically a pisces whom I cherish. I often become too domineering and desperate for endless displays of affection, not allowing them their own freedoms and comfort zones. I like to think I have worked on these things and improved, but I have not been in a relationship in sometime and it is likely that I could return to such behaviors...

mdinaz said:
As much as you think you have handled the past, this service will continue to allow you to escape it and work with people for whom that past doesn't matter. Perhaps this will give you the time to truly come to grips with it and handle your poor Mars energy and to utilize it later in relationships.

Thank you for reaffirming this, it as if you see right into my mind.

majik said:
However, don't worry too much about this as where you are heading (to th navy) you will have plenty of opportunities to "have fun" whilst not being able to commit due to your job until yr pretty woman comes along. Yr 12th house Mars square to yr Pluto IC gives you amazing inner strengh, willpower and athleticism so I say go for it...and good luck.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Flowergirl

Somehow though it always decays and I find myself always ... alone in life. I am not depressed about this anymore, It has taken alot to get used to the fact that I can not share the wonderful joy the world offers with other people often, which is all I really want. I just want to know if anyone here has any confirmation of these things in my chart or any advice.
Firstly, I am sorry that you are feeling this way but looking at your chart, I do understand why. And since you do ask and wish to understand your experience from an astrological point of view, I shall share what I see.

Many people have pointed out various (very valid) intermingling factors but just one stands out to me regarding your relationship drama.

As someone who has a personal planet in the 29th degree and magically has many family members who have 29th degree personal planets too, I have had a long time to study this and come to some conclusions. Personal planets in the 29th degree mean significant crisis/stress in that area of life. And since your Venus is in Gemini (communication and mental interaction) and in 11th house (of social groups and friends) it is no wonder that you are describing such crisis/disillusionment in these areas.

It is good that you can accept your experience and make peace with it. Learning to be conscious of it and keeping it in mind when it all gets too much have helped me a lot over the years. It has also increased my compassion for my family members considerably! Nothing like personal experience to help you feel deeply for another!

My best wishes to you

miquar

Hi Flowergirl. Sounds like an interesting area of study. When referring to the nth degree of a sign, the convention is that between 0 and 1 degree is called the 1st degree, and so on until the last degree (between 29 and 30 degrees) which is called the 30th degree. This convention is used in allocating sabian symbols to degree segments, and in astrology in general. Just thought I should point that out.

Last edited:

miquar

But there are 30 degrees in a sign so the last is the 30th. In this thread its clear that the last degree is being referred to, but people get confused in other contexts and end up looking at the wrong sabian symbols.

Marinka

Hi Flowergirl. Sounds like an interesting area of study. When referring to the nth degree of a sign, the convention is that between 0 and 1 degree is called the 1st degree, and so on until the last degree (between 29 and 30 degrees) which is called the 30th degree. This convention is used in allocating sabian symbols to degree segments, and in astrology in general. Just thought I should point that out.

Respectfully, I beg to differ somewhat. When referring to symbols, you would be correct but in the general context of referring to degrees that planets are placed in, I find that references are to the whole number without any rounding.

Marinka

Interesting. Thank you for your reply, Would you mind expounding on this part though? What could this aspect portend?

April of 2018 is still a bit away. I brought this specific date up to illustrate that this angle will not occur to often. I would suggest 1 to 2 years before the date that you either become more familiar with astrology yourself or post again asking what this configuration could mean and provide some details of your life at that time.

miquar

Hi. Yes clearly there are two ways of locating a point within a sign. On the one hand we can say that a planet is AT 15 degrees of a sign, which could mean anywhere half a degree either side of exactly 15 degrees. On the other hand we could say that a planet is IN the 15th degree of a sign, which can only mean the 15th whole degree counted from the first point of the sign.

Since you were talking about the last degree of a sign, a description which rounds off to the nearest degree is misleading. If you say AT 29 degrees, it implies between 28 and a half and 29 and a half. If you say that a planet is IN the 29th degree, then this implies between exactly 28 and exactly 29. The last sixty seconds of arc of a sign can only accurately be described as the 30th degree.