Pluto transits and death

Yoi

One strange thing I noticed is that all the major turning points in my life have been marked by funerals. Finish high school, attend funeral. Finish undergrad, get invited to funeral (which was on my birthday no less). Finish grad school, told relative just died. Finish first job, two people die this time. I am planning a big change in careers as well so this is very much a "death and rebirth" for me. Still, two people don't have to die and have funerals a couple of days before I leave and the day before/on my farewell party no less (this caused my boss to miss my farewell party). Then again I noticed that these major events are presaged by major Pluto transits to planets or when it crosses a house cusp. Looking at it further, all the deaths that seem to occur around me seem to occur with the major Pluto transits. For example when my neighbour collapsed and suddenly died (she was really young and healthy as well) just a metre away from me Pluto was like 15 minutes away from my natal Neptune and opposing my natal Moon. All of these deaths occur when Pluto is about half a degree or less from a planet/house cusp. Fortunately only one of the deaths really affected me very strongly. Most of them were rather the close family/friends of people I know very well. Some were of old people, some were of people who had major diseases (like cancer) but some were of young or youngish people who just seemed to suddenly drop dead. I am ashamed to admit it, but some of the deaths were actually advantageous for me personally. I know that's a terrible thing to say and a terrible thing to even think but I can't deny it. One of them affected me terribly though emotionally.

At first I thought it was just a coincidence. But after a while when every major change in life seems to occur at the same time as a funeral or two, well you get suspicious. And there is that suspicious nature of it always coinciding with a Pluto transit. For example the two deaths that just occurred occured when Pluto was I think about 20 minutes from my 8th house cusp and moving towards it.

I know that Pluto transits sometimes bring true physical death, but well, I thought that was if there were other indicators as well, not every single time.... Has anyone else had this experience with Pluto transits or is it just me? To be frank it is somewhat creeping me out. It would be nice to know it's normal.

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi there. I share your interest in Pluto as a <bringer of death>. When my friend died, transiting pluto was exactly conjunct her natal asc square the transiting n.node in H4, which was conjunct her natal piscean moon at the time.When my step father died, transiting pluto was exactly conjunct his H8 cusp, sesisquadrate his natal moon in H12. Also at the time he died,transiting neptune was inconjunct natal pluto in cancer. In Dec 2002 I had a life threatening surgical procedure- Transiting Uranus was exactly opposite my natal pluto that day.I have transiting pluto headed for MY asc. in Nov 2009...I'll let you know what transpires....(expires??)!lillyjgc

Last edited:

Sag Moon

Looking at the chart of notables it seems many times when Pluto transits the asc they are the ones which expire.

I would consider yourself lucky that it's not you!

unukalhai

Not a personal experience to me, but none-the-less interesting.. A coworker of mine from a previous job, around age 50, was going through his Pluto-Pluto trine. One of the workers who he knew well, and considered a friend, died on the job, while the Sun was making a hard aspect to his natal Pluto along with the Pluto-Pluto trine. The Pluto-Pluto trine was a mere 6 arcmin from exact on that day!

Needless to say, it profoundly affected him, he requested to be moved to a different location in building and took the rest of the week off. We talked about it for quite some time after he returned, and it really woke him up to the value of life and sparked a new-found appreciation for each day of life as a gift. A realization we should all live by! As ghostly as the event may have been, it did push him to refocus his energies on what really matters (getting "to the core", a very Plutonian thing!) and give thanks for his own health.

Hopefully I'll avoid any encounters with the darker, mortal side of Pluto when he crosses my ascendant in a few years. Considering his transit through my 12th has been fairly well handled and coinciding transits don't seem to support anything too nasty, I'm mainly expecting radical changes to how I appear to others. On should realize that when Pluto goes through the 12th, before it hits the ascendant, many changes are made internally/under the surface, and the symbology of Pluto contacting the ascendant is to make those changes apparent to the outside world through the projected personality -- Remember that your ascendant is both your filter for experiences and what people see in you... So for all you late Sag/early Cap rising folks.. Don't expect to die when Pluto rolls around to your ascendant. There might be a symbolic death of the old, outdated self you've been putting to "death" through the 12th house transit, but more important is the rebirth of your image and experience filter.

Sag Moon

The one chart that comes to mind is Julie Garlands chart and there was another chart that I looked at where Pluto was exact to the asc and the subject died.

Yoi

I understand that Pluto transits can be connected to real physical death. What I want to know is if it is normal that people die every *single* Pluto transit, hell, even if Pluto just crosses a house cusp. I'm starting to make jokes about sympathetic dying i.e. people are dying in "sympathy" with major changes in my life.

lillyjgc

no-people don't die every time they have a pluto transit (!)...but what I am noticing is that when people die, Pluto always seems to be aspecting a relevant part of their natal chart- or their natal pluto is receiving an aspect. It seems to work that way with horary, too. Of course one must consider ALL the aspects, but if someone is ill with a so-called terminal disease I have found it quite straightforward to closely predict their time of death. In fact, when my stepfather died I was within 10 minutes of the exact time (from studying both his natal/transits and horary.Interestingly I have been told by the medical profession not to expect to live longer than seven years from the operation I had- that time will be up when pluto is conjunct my natal ascendeant (But of course unless the birthtime is exact this prediction can be out by years......)lillyjgc

lillyjgc

Well, I have the pluto/pluto trine and so far I have lost the following people from my life while it's been in orb:my grandma, my stepfather, my best friend, my "de facto" son's father. a friend I have known for over twenty years and my daughter's grandpa....I also almost lost my own life (but was saved by some other mighty fine trines)....A friend of mine has pluto cj his ascendant now in aspect with other malefics- I am almost waiting for the news.......lillyjgc

Sag Moon

I will be having this trine when Pl moves to my 7th with a square to Mars.It will be exact conjunct at the time also.

A friend is having the Pl=Mn conj. at the moment and there are no ill things happening to him so it's an individual thing also.

When it just went over my Mn people started falling away like Apples from a tree.

Moondance

Yoi, is your chart posted here? AFter all, it is your chart which is consistently reacting to the pluto transits, right? Let's have a look and see what the rest of your chart, especially aspects to Pluto or 8th house say.

lillyjgc

I also have another friend with her sun in late sag- that very much afflicted natal sun is now being conjuncted by transiting Pluto- her father and step mother both died recently and also a close friend of hers committed suicide...However, I also have a friend who has natal pluto opp. his natal venus-from H10 to H4. Transiting saturn conjuncted his pluto just as Trans. Neptune was opposing the saturn/pluto conjunction....as far as I know he has lived through this even with some shocking aspects from transiting inner planets....so pluto transits don;t always bring actual death- although there does seem to be a plethora of examples where it does. lillyjgc

lillyjgc

When my stepfather died, transiting pluto was exactly inconjunct my H8 Jupiter. When my friend B died ,transiting pluto was inconjunct my H8 Uranus. When my mentor T died, (suicide) transiting uranus was opposite my natal pluto (exact) and transiting jupiter was conjunct my natal pluto (opp tr. uranus!). The tsunami of 24/12/04 has sun cj pluto on mc opp. moon in H4 so it works for event charts too...the transiting north node is now sesisquadrate my uranus/jupiter in H8 (from H2) and still transiting pluto is inconjunct that and also Tr. pluto trine my natal pluto- so I feel I will lose someone else. When i was a child, every pet I had got killed within a short time (by all different things, cars, snakes, distemper, etc). As jupiter rules animals and mercury also and these are square in my natal chart, I am not surprised now I have come to understand astrology- but I have had my dog for over 12 years now and apart from a couple of close calls, nothing has happened.....lillyjgc

Alix

Hi Jagetoile, That's very interesting what you mentioned about Pluto not being necessarily connected with deaths and endings but more with facing our internal hell. I've noticed that very clearly with Pluto being conjunct my Moon lately (Moon 27 of Sag), well yes of course, my grandma who had just turned 96 on January 11th (after Pluto made the exact conjunction) had her health deteriorating very rapidly (when we all thought she'd make it to 100 like my great grandma) and died mid February. Also, at the time of Pluto's exact conjunction my daughter, who lives in another country, ended up in hospital because of a crazy diet and almost died (she had to be reanimated). Apart from that, issues have been revolving around security and sustenance mainly as well as dealing with waste material from the past. I've also moved to another country and haven't yet found my home to be, although I'm not homeless I feel that way in an emotional sense, I've got reasons to believe though that because I've been rearranging those internal issues the "material" home will start to delineate in the horizon soon, specially because Jupiter is behind Pluto.
It caught my attention what you said about Saturn and the South Node, more than Pluto being related to actual deaths, I'll soon have these two transits:
on October 15th Saturn in transit will conjunct the south node also in transit, exactly over my Pluto, whilst the north node will conjunct my Chiron. Natal Pluto is at 5th of Virgo in the 2nd and Chiron is at 6th of Pisces in the 8th. Natal North node at 1st of Virgo in the 2nd and South node at 1st of Pisces in the 8th. But before that, there will be the solar eclipse, which will happen with the Sun exactly on my Pluto and the Moon somwhere in between my South Node and Chiron. Finally, I'll have the nodal opposition at the last days of this year. I just find it really bizarre that I'll have this conjunction of Saturn to my Pluto with the South node crossing it, just as if Saturn and the South node would "cut" through my Pluto, like scissors, it will happen to many other people I know but not everyone will have this happening at the 2nd/8th house nodal axis. Any thoughts?

This thread is freaking me out, namely because Pluto enters my 4th house in February until May of 08. My mom has been living with only one lung recently just from getting anesthesia for a shoulder surgery - it paralyzed the left side of her diaphragm and it doesn't seem to be getting better. Should I expect something bad to happen? I'd like to think that it means I'm just moving (Mars is in my 4th so I'm a freak about a pleasant home life - particularly solitude).

leonacrab

I add my bit...

When Pluto was coming and going over my Asc I lost my father, my brother and one of my best friends. Not to mention my work, relationship and many friends... It was like a big broom cleaning my life. It was terrifying time I can say that, but after those trying years I became to see the transformation in me, I've changed a lot since the transit started. Now Pluto is exploring my 1st house, and I can enjoy the changes it brings. Not that they're always so easy but after surviving that nuclearbombish transit I feel I can handle almost anything. My life has also become more spiritual, is that Plutonian thing or is it because of those deaths, I do not know, but I truly appreciate this new dimension in my life.

God, I'm sorry leonacrab... that sounds terrifying. Now you've got me freaked out! I'm glad you have grown from it though. Still... that sounds awful.

leonacrab

I'm sorry madsketcher, didn't mean to scare anybody.

Anyway, I don't believe it was only due to Pluto. At the time of my father's death I had Uranus (unexpected sudden death, after surgery complications) in the 2nd opposing my natal Sun in the 8th (the house of death where I have natal Pluto and Uranus too...) and there could have been significant progressions etc...

I enclose my transits at that time and really don't mind if anybody wants to take a look if he/she finds more indicators on the chart.

My father`s bd is 19.11.1930 time unknown, Lappeenranta, Finland.

Here's an interesting link about astrology and predicting death. I agree with the writer; you cannot predict death and you should not even try, it's always better to cóncentrate on life.
http://death.findyourfate.com/death-myths.htm

Attachments

• 211001.gif
    211001.gif
    30.8 KB · Views: 60

Sag Moon

Deanna
That is rough ,but there had to have been other indicators to the 9th and 3rd going on for travel.

I am having the current Pluto opposition to ascendant happening in my life and it does deal with others. I hope that when it reaches Jupiter that things get better as it went through Sag 6th=Mn 24Deg and I lost my Mother and Father within a year.Then almost all my pets and money went out the window.

Seems like this transit destroys well!

Mr. Conjunct

In my case, when transiting Saturn was on my Chiron in Cancer in 4th house, my grandmother's death was sudden and unexpected. When Pluto was on my Moon in Scorpio in 8th house I got a heavy ear infection that could result in me being handicapped for all my life and luckily all turned out well.