Is she jealous of me?

Stellium6th

the shadow. That is why I dredged up that old work thread. I think it is 'the shadow' that is dogging you Anjelik.

The shadow is the part of our own personality that we ourselves cannot see. So we can only see it as it is projected onto others and it will follow us and mess with us until we see it and acknowledge it. :ninja:

Carl Jung much

Abby83

I know but I find that in my life this is constant with women. I've had so many friends I have cut out due to negativity a lot of them make me sad. It kind of ties into other posts I have made about having issues with women at work. It just seems like women in general have an issue with me and after a while they turn on me. It's really sad to me but I guess I should just accept my life for what it's.

The funny thing is that I'm not flirtatious over the top, so I have never viewed myself as a threat to other females in that respect, though I often find myself in this position with other women. I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to care anymore because it's obviously not worth it.

To be fair with this one, we did have a confrontation a few months ago where I basically laid it out for her that I did t want to be put on the middle of her relationship. I told her I was never going to side with her rants about him since I have known him for 15 years and her comparison to his exgf's is unfounded since she knows nothing about them and she is more like them that she realizes - and regardless of what she thinks or says, she is controlling as she thinks they are as well. This could haven possibly been the nail in the coffin but honestly she has Neptune conjunct her DC so I doubt she actually sees reality anyway (and also based on her relationship decisions it's pretty evident).

I think there is a difference of interest. She's not liking your 'travel' posts because she's genuinely not interested. I had this too with a friend. we felt obligated to be friends due to our parents but we were never really interested in each other.
As for negative women that u have to cut off, I too have that issue. I wonder why it's so common? Im sure the answer is in your natal chart. For example my natal chart shows my hidden enemies and open enemies are in the workplace. So I decided to go solo and it worked out better. Maybe you need to be more independent with your work?

Hang on....

I just read your other thread about women at work and saw your natal chart.

So yes you have the battle of the sexes. You may be a very attractive woman who is good at her work blah blah. But truth be told, any woman could have her own insecurities that can be triggered. There are lots of women who can get ahead in life by not appearing as a threat because they hide it so well and come across as a good friend/ally. You will always attract control freaks. It is in your destiny. The only thing you can do is learn how to deal with it. First of all you must accept that there will always be insecure women out there and that you are not one of them. Secondly, when it comes to power struggles you let the woman feel like she is in control. It might feel like you are losing the battle but in fact you are winning. Try to find out what the woman wants to hear and feel. Then give it to her. That gives you the power, the woman becomes happy and distracted, and you win. It's the only way. Trust me, ive battled for 5 yr before someone told me this. It's quite fake but you have to do it. It helps to let the women drop their guard. But only do it in their presence and then separate yourself. You sound like you have a masculine mind which is difficult with relating to women. Also, you can read into things really well. That's a big problem for a lot of ppl because it means they cant get away with things around you. There are lots of ppl who want to fake their way through life and as soon as they meet someone like you they realise they will never be able to so long as you are there. That's why they get so upset. (this is all work related btw. Not about your friend.)

Also with the horary, im not liking the sextile between mercury (your friend) and Uranus (your partner/open enemies).

Last edited:

Tessie

Banned
The only thing you can do is learn how to deal with it. First of all you must accept that there will always be insecure women out there and that you are not one of them. Secondly, when it comes to power struggles you let the woman feel like she is in control. It might feel like you are losing the battle but in fact you are winning. Try to find out what the woman wants to hear and feel. Then give it to her. That gives you the power, the woman becomes happy and distracted, and you win. It's the only way. Trust me, ive battled for 5 yr before someone told me this. It's quite fake but you have to do it. It helps to let the women drop their guard. But only do it in their presence and then separate yourself. You sound like you have a masculine mind which is difficult with relating to women. Also, you can read into things really well. That's a big problem for a lot of ppl because it means they cant get away with things around you. There are lots of ppl who want to fake their way through life and as soon as they meet someone like you they realise they will never be able to so long as you are there. That's why they get so upset. (this is all work related btw. Not about your friend.)

I know this is an astrology board and all but even astrology has its context. You say other women are insecure but Anjelik is not. You are hearing Anjelik's side of the story and her line managers may have a very different story to tell. Your conclusion (above) is unsubstantiated since you have met none of these people. Anjelik has said she feels insecure showing her warm side to people, because she is insecure they will take advantage of her. Even though this strategy backfires, because being cold works to her disadvantage, Anjelik grips to it and repeats it. There is a reason for this dysfunction. Further, Anjelik has said she is thick skinned but clearly perceives offence from women quite easily when none is intended. This also points to insecurity and not objective view of oneself. It is fair to go by what Anjelik has said, it is fair to go by the chart she provides, it is not fair to make conclusions about people who are not here, have not been heard, and we do not even have their charts...

Abby83

I know this is an astrology board and all but even astrology has its context. You say other women are insecure but Anjelik is not. You are hearing Anjelik's side of the story and her line managers may have a very different story to tell. Your conclusion (above) is unsubstantiated since you have met none of these people. Anjelik has said she feels insecure showing her warm side to people, because she is insecure they will take advantage of her. Even though this strategy backfires, because being cold works to her disadvantage, Anjelik grips to it and repeats it. There is a reason for this dysfunction. Further, Anjelik has said she is thick skinned but clearly perceives offence from women quite easily when none is intended. This also points to insecurity and not objective view of oneself. It is fair to go by what Anjelik has said, it is fair to go by the chart she provides, it is not fair to make conclusions about people who are not here, have not been heard, and we do not even have their charts...

No no, I was referring to her natal chart. Have you looked at her natal chart? Based on the thread about why she has difficulty with women in her workplace that katydid posted recently on this thread. I think her natal chart shows the types of women she attracts in the workplace. Her natal chart shows she is a strong authoritative yet attractive woman. As for this horary, no I don't think her friend is jealous. But based on her natal chart, she most definitely will always attract power struggles in the workplace with women. I don't think it's fair to blame Angelik for who she is and say she is the one who is the 'problem' (which is what im hearing from you). She is who she is and she needs to learn how to live in society being who she is. Being thick skinned (as you call it) is a wonderful quality for the business world. That's why she does so well with the men. I wouldn't change her. She will always attract these women and needs to learn how to deal with them and that's why I gave my advice. There's nothing unsubstantial about my understanding of her natal chart or this horary.

So YOU say Angelik says she feels insecure. But where's your... substantial.... evidence.... of this astrologically?

Ive also just read some other posts saying that Angelik has self interest and possibly narcassitic? Whaaat? If anything, im seeing someone who is subjective and interested in self development, thinking this is all her fault. She really needs to be more objective and not take things personally. Natally, having 8th house ruler mercury in her first house - her investigating 'reading into things too much' is something at the forefront for everyone to see. I would say that whatever Angelik is thinking about other ppl, it shows quite easily and others can see it. No, ppl wont like that at all. So I agree, that trying not to be so obvious with that and trying not to read into ppl so much is a good idea if she doesn't want to get too caught up in it.

Last edited:

Tessie

Banned
But I am interested to know what about me rubs some women the wrong way, outside of this horary.

So, Anjelik, we come back to this question. I've highlighted your text which shows examples of narcissistic behaviour and narcissistic thinking patterns. Your other threads contain more examples. The same message repeats: your behaviour is the epitome of morality, professionalism, beauty, rationality, etc., and others who take issue with you are all kinds of jealous, selfish, immoral, irrational, blind, etc. What's interesting is, when you receive feedback which you perceive to be negative, initially it upsets you, but then you quickly twist that negative feedback into something that speaks positively about you and negatively about the other person.

The psychoanalytic "iceberg" model of mind identifies three parts of the personality, the ego, the superego, and the id.

tripartite-personality.jpg

This model is not chart-specific. It applies to every person. The id is the animalistic part of our mind which wants only pleasure (little children are completely id). The superego is the part of our mind which tries to counter the id completely with morals (this is like the parent stereotype). The ego is the rationalising centre which takes into account the influences of the id and of the superego in order to achieve a rational, socially acceptable, result. As the diagram shows, only a small part of the ego and the superego are accessible to conscious awareness. The majority of mental processing happens subconsciously but the results of subconscious processing appear in our behaviour and affect our interpersonal functioning, which is why understanding this model is necessary.

A strong ego deals with interpersonal problems head-on, acknowledges them and willingly makes whichever adjustments are needed to facilitate rational functionality. A weak ego, however, will use instead a variety of defenses to block dealing with uncomfortable realities about oneself and sweep them out of conscious awareness. Freudians describe narcissistic behaviour as using the "reaction formation" defense of pretending the opposite is true (pretending it is positive instead of negative) while using the ego defence of "projection" and "transference" to direct irrationally the feeling of negativity onto others. Subconscious defenses make the ego weak and submerged under water completely. This lets the ego avoid stress but at the price of diminished functioning. That's the basic run down.

If this was a minor issue for you, someone would point it out and it would have been resolved. For you, ego defenses are so strong, you actually believe you are being rational, when you are not. If what you seek is to resolve this problem once and for all, this is not going to happen on a forum or through projection and denial. It is going to happen only when you are open to having your defenses challenged continuously by a "psychodynamic" therapist. Psychodynamic Therapy is not one of those lovely 'easy' therapies, like counselling, it's more of a boot camp. It works at your own pace but it pushes you to recognize, confront and destroy the defense armor which weighs you down into subconscious bondage. There is a lot more to explain but that should be between you and a professional. I'm not really a believer in therapy but sometimes it is necessary.

For the record, I do not think badly of you. Every person who shows narcissistic patterns of behaviour has also a warm side to them, which they reserve for special occasions. I know that. I am not trying to discriminate against you or hurt you but point out what may be a painful truth because you asked. If there is one thing we all have in common, it's that we all have problems. They do not define us. What defines us is how we deal with them and whether we deal with them at all. Have you ever met an older person who did not deal with his problems in youth? It looks very, very, ugly. Addressing aforementioned glitches will liberate you and enrich your life and, as such, that is the only reason why I write and hope you take genuine steps in that direction. I wish you all the best and a lovely weekend. <3 <3 <3

Last edited:

Stellium6th

So, Anjelik, we come back to this question. I've highlighted your text which shows examples of narcissistic behaviour and narcissistic thinking patterns. Your other threads contain more examples. The same message repeats: your behaviour is the epitome of morality, professionalism, beauty, rationality, etc., and others who take issue with you are all kinds of jealous, selfish, immoral, irrational, blind, etc. What's interesting is, when you receive feedback which you perceive to be negative, initially it upsets you, but then you quickly twist that negative feedback into something that speaks positively about you and negatively about the other person.

The psychoanalytic "iceberg" model of mind identifies three parts of the personality, the ego, the superego, and the id.

This model is not chart-specific. It applies to every person. The id is the animalistic part of our mind which wants only pleasure (little children are completely id). The superego is the part of our mind which tries to counter the id completely with morals (this is like the parent stereotype). The ego is the rationalising centre which takes into account the influences of the id and of the superego in order to achieve a rational, socially acceptable, result. As the diagram shows, only a small part of the ego and the superego are accessible to conscious awareness. The majority of mental processing happens subconsciously but the results of subconscious processing appear in our behaviour and affect our interpersonal functioning, which is why understanding this model is necessary.

A strong ego deals with interpersonal problems head-on, acknowledges them and willingly makes whichever adjustments are needed to facilitate rational functionality. A weak ego, however, will use instead a variety of defenses to block dealing with uncomfortable realities about oneself and sweep them out of conscious awareness. Freudians describe narcissistic behaviour as using the "reaction formation" defense of pretending the opposite is true (pretending it is positive instead of negative) while using the ego defence of "projection" and "transference" to direct irrationally the feeling of negativity onto others. Subconscious defenses make the ego weak and submerged under water completely. This lets the ego avoid stress but at the price of diminished functioning. That's the basic run down.

If this was a minor issue for you, someone would point it out and it would have been resolved. For you, ego defenses are so strong, you actually believe you are being rational, when you are not. If what you seek is to resolve this problem once and for all, this is not going to happen on a forum or through projection and denial. It is going to happen only when you are open to having your defenses challenged continuously by a "psychodynamic" therapist. Psychodynamic Therapy is not one of those lovely 'easy' therapies, like counselling, it's more of a boot camp. It works at your own pace but it pushes you to recognize, confront and destroy the defense armor which weighs you down into subconscious bondage. There is a lot more to explain but that should be between you and a professional. I'm not really a believer in therapy but sometimes it is necessary.

For the record, I do not think badly of you. Every person who shows narcissistic patterns of behaviour has also a warm side to them, which they reserve for special occasions. I know that. I am not trying to discriminate against you or hurt you but point out what may be a painful truth because you asked. If there is one thing we all have in common, it's that we all have problems. They do not define us. What defines us is how we deal with them and whether we deal with them at all. Have you ever met an older person who did not deal with his problems in youth? It looks very, very, ugly. Addressing aforementioned glitches will liberate you and enrich your life and, as such, that is the only reason why I write and hope you take genuine steps in that direction. I wish you all the best and a lovely weekend. <3 <3 <3

I don't agree with you on the politic UK thread, but this has been so spot on so far your opinion gained weight to me

anjelik

Hey guys, sorry for lack of response - had a busy weekend!

For the record, I am not mad/upset/offended by what anyone has said. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so I did want to clear the air since tone is often misconstrued via written word. I'm going to read everything now (I am like a whole page behind!).

anjelik

OK.

Something else you might consider thinking about ... do you think women may feel threatened by you because you may be very attractive to men?
Just sayin'

No, because I am not some super model siren. It's not like I walk into a room and men fall to their feet and women clutch to their men out of ear that I will steal them. For every one woman that dislikes me, there are nine that love me. I actually have a really good rapport with many women because I am friendly and inclusive (never have been cliquey) so I never deliberately make anyone feel unwelcome and have always befriended the "outsider" at work or even in school. As an example, about 8 years ago I was in a job and these two girls were being really mean to a new girl that joined our company. I really only took any interest in befriending her because they seemed to have such a distaste for her and I can't stand that kind of behaviour. We are still friends to this day.

the shadow. That is why I dredged up that old work thread. I think it is 'the shadow' that is dogging you Anjelik.

The shadow is the part of our own personality that we ourselves cannot see. So we can only see it as it is projected onto others and it will follow us and mess with us until we see it and acknowledge it. :ninja:

This makes sense to me, but I kind of feel that things are slightly blown out of proportion in terms of my relationship with women. As I mentioned above, for every one woman that dislikes me, nine take to me. It’s not like I am so miserable that I can’t escape poor relationships with women. It is a common theme, but it is not something that I ever initiate so I find it fascinating that it keeps happening. I guess it is like a shadow for me.

No no, I was referring to her natal chart. Have you looked at her natal chart? Based on the thread about why she has difficulty with women in her workplace that katydid posted recently on this thread. I think her natal chart shows the types of women she attracts in the workplace. Her natal chart shows she is a strong authoritative yet attractive woman. As for this horary, no I don't think her friend is jealous. But based on her natal chart, she most definitely will always attract power struggles in the workplace with women. I don't think it's fair to blame Angelik for who she is and say she is the one who is the 'problem' (which is what im hearing from you). She is who she is and she needs to learn how to live in society being who she is. Being thick skinned (as you call it) is a wonderful quality for the business world. That's why she does so well with the men. I wouldn't change her. She will always attract these women and needs to learn how to deal with them and that's why I gave my advice. There's nothing unsubstantial about my understanding of her natal chart or this horary.

So YOU say Angelik says she feels insecure. But where's your... substantial.... evidence.... of this astrologically?

Ive also just read some other posts saying that Angelik has self interest and possibly narcassitic? Whaaat? If anything, im seeing someone who is subjective and interested in self development, thinking this is all her fault. She really needs to be more objective and not take things personally. Natally, having 8th house ruler mercury in her first house - her investigating 'reading into things too much' is something at the forefront for everyone to see. I would say that whatever Angelik is thinking about other ppl, it shows quite easily and others can see it. No, ppl wont like that at all. So I agree, that trying not to be so obvious with that and trying not to read into ppl so much is a good idea if she doesn't want to get too caught up in it.

Thanks for posting. As you say, I am who I am. I actually like who I am about 95% of the time and as I mentioned in the two other responses, for every one woman who dislikes me, nine like me. I am not some wicked troll. I just happen to attract scenarios where there is a power struggle and I refuse to compromise my own personality and integrity to fit into someone else’s agenda. If this means that I will have an on-going struggle with insecure women, then so be it. From my perspective, the only reason someone would act in such a manner to someone else is because they feel threatened/insecure. People secure in their position don’t act like that. And you are right (think you said it in the prior post), perhaps I should explore options where I work more independently, because I seem to do well when working more solo or with men.

I agree, I think Tessie is off the mark. I don’t feel I am insecure at all. I have my moments, as every human does, but overall I am a pretty secure and confident person. You kind of nailed it with the 1st house Mercury. I know it puts some people off - even my husband has said to me that he feels like I am constantly investigating him and I told him it’s not on purpose, it’s just what I do. He calls me his little detective. I like to analyse people, see what makes them tick and I do find out what makes them tick. Perhaps this makes people feel uncomfortable/exposed, but I don’t know that is something that comes across at work to my peers, though it is something that it required on a daily basis (getting inside someone’s head, finding out their motivations for wanting to leave their role, finding out their bottom line salary requirements so that if we made an offer it would be something they would happily accept and not feel slighted, building a rapport/trust with that said person). A family member of my husband’s who I have become close with laughs at me and tells me that I need to stop analysing everything. She is really relaxed and quite opposite to me so it’s always interesting to get her perspective on things that are bothering me. My feelings are that people always have a reason for doing something, whether they are conscious of it or not. I am not sure, but it is not something I want to change, because it is part of me. It is something that interests me and it is something that makes me tick. I think I am a very introspective person and as you mentioned, I am interested in self-development. I’m very self-aware and I know how I can come across and have worked to modify certain behaviours that have hindered me in the past.

I appreciate your in-depth psychoanalysis of me, but I disagree only because I do make changes and deal with personality defects head on. I don’t bury my head in the sand and if I did, I wouldn’t be willing to have these discussions. Also, I don’t think this issue with my friend is the same as my issue at work. There is no power struggle, there is no plotting against me and planting seeds in superior’s heads to bring me down. I don’t think that I need therapy to “break me” of these behaviours. I have a strong personality and because of that some people will not like me. It actually really occurred to me one day when I was having lunch with two friends here in the UK and this one girl said she didn’t like someone and me and the other girl were shocked because we have never heard anyone ever say that they didn’t like this particular woman - because she doesn’t SAY or DO anything controversial. She doesn’t state her opinion or make waves. She is literally the least combative person you will ever meet. BUT on this one occasion, she was drunk and giving this other girl unsolicited parenting advice that apparently offended her.

I know you are really big on Christianity, but I believe in energy. Positive and negative energy. If I try my best on a daily basis to be a good person and project positive energy, positive things will come into my life and I will attractive positive things. However, negative energy will come along and try to stifle the positive energy at times - those are times I have the option to make a choice - do I become equally as negative or do I just keep on trucking and try and fight off that negative energy? I always choose the latter and sometimes I get a little beaten up, but I really refuse to give into negative thoughts and behaviours of others. If they don’t like me, then that is their loss and I will just keep being the best version of me I can be.

Last edited:

Abby83

Im glad you got something out of my post.

If you have decided you don't want to make any changes to your investigative side, then I think you may have find some way of dealing with ppl not liking it.

You will always get at least 1/10 ppl who wont like you and that's still a pretty good score. There are ppl who have 7/10 ppl who don't like them and yet they don't care. So you may need to stop thinking about the 1%. I know it's hard because you start thinking there may be something wrong with you, but it may be as simple as having different perspectives or different interests, which no-one can control.

I still think that it would help to look deeper into how ppl deal with power struggles successfully. But there's so much rubbish out there you have to find the stuff that works.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. :smile:

anjelik

Im glad you got something out of my post.

If you have decided you don't want to make any changes to your investigative side, then I think you may have find some way of dealing with ppl not liking it.

You will always get at least 1/10 ppl who wont like you and that's still a pretty good score. There are ppl who have 7/10 ppl who don't like them and yet they don't care. So you may need to stop thinking about the 1%. I know it's hard because you start thinking there may be something wrong with you, but it may be as simple as having different perspectives or different interests, which no-one can control.

I still think that it would help to look deeper into how ppl deal with power struggles successfully. But there's so much rubbish out there you have to find the stuff that works.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. :smile:

I agree with the power struggle scenario. And to be honest, this past time I did make a concerted effort to make it work, and it still didn't. The thing is, I know it was not only me she was like this with based on some things I picked up along the way, so I don't take it too personally. But it does s*ck when you find yourself in the crossfire of someone else trying to stake their territory. Same goes with another job I had with a similar situation. She behaved the exact same way with my two predecessors and I know this for a fact because I ended up working with one of them in this recent role while still living in the US and she had a ton of negative things to say about her - the difference between this person and myself was that she kind of antagonised her by going by her desk and cheerfully (in a most likely annoying/sarcastic way) saying good morning.

Tessie

Banned
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." -Anais Nin

It is a theoretical fact that a narcissist is unable to understand their pathology. They do not seek the truth, they seek to believe what they want to believe irrespective of how irrational it is. A large following is not an argument for rationality, btw.

anjelik

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." -Anais Nin

It is a theoretical fact that a narcissist is unable to understand their pathology. They do not seek the truth, they seek to believe what they want to believe irrespective of how irrational it is. A large following is not an argument for rationality, btw.

And a theory is only an assumption of truth.

Abby83

I'm more curious along the lines of your work. Can I ask what kind of work you do? Do you somehow involve a fair bit of communications or media or internet/computers? You have lessons in life to do with relationships and how much you give and take and also lessons to do with compromise at times, not always though. The balance is what you need to discover so you are true to yourself. The moon in 4th house opposed Uranus in 10th shows the women opposed your rebelliousness and anything uranian. However your ally is to look at the parts of the chart that work for you. That's why I ask where you work. I wonder if you are already working in an area that is best suited for you. It might sound very simple, but there's so much scorpio influence in the chart, esp in terms of career. If you are with ppl who are like minded with the same goals, it should be easier, but it depends on the work.

JUPITERASC

And a theory is only an assumption of truth.
No, it is a rationalization. <3

THEORY
n
1. a system of rules, procedures, and assumptions used to produce a result :smile:

2. abstract knowledge or reasoning
3. a speculative or conjectural view or idea: I have a theory about that.
4. an ideal or hypothetical situation (esp in the phrase in theory)
5. a set of hypotheses related by logical or mathematical arguments to explain and predict
a wide variety of connected phenomena in general terms: the theory of relativity.

6. a nontechnical name for hypothesis

from Late Latin theōria, from Greek: a sight, from theōrein to gaze upon

HYPOTHESIS

1. A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem
that can be tested by further investigation.

2. Something taken to be true for the purpose of argument or investigation; an assumption.
3. The antecedent of a conditional statement.
Latin, subject for a speech
from Greek hupothesis, proposal, supposition, from hupotithenai, hupothe-, to suppose : hupo-, hypo- + tithenai

anjelik

THEORY
n
1. a system of rules, procedures, and assumptions used to produce a result :smile:

2. abstract knowledge or reasoning
3. a speculative or conjectural view or idea: I have a theory about that.
4. an ideal or hypothetical situation (esp in the phrase in theory)
5. a set of hypotheses related by logical or mathematical arguments to explain and predict
a wide variety of connected phenomena in general terms: the theory of relativity.

6. a nontechnical name for hypothesis

from Late Latin theōria, from Greek: a sight, from theōrein to gaze upon

HYPOTHESIS

1. A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem
that can be tested by further investigation.

2. Something taken to be true for the purpose of argument or investigation; an assumption.
3. The antecedent of a conditional statement.
Latin, subject for a speech
from Greek hupothesis, proposal, supposition, from hupotithenai, hupothe-, to suppose : hupo-, hypo- + tithenai

You beat me to it! Hahaha.

anjelik

I'm more curious along the lines of your work. Can I ask what kind of work you do? Do you somehow involve a fair bit of communications or media or internet/computers? You have lessons in life to do with relationships and how much you give and take and also lessons to do with compromise at times, not always though. The balance is what you need to discover so you are true to yourself. The moon in 4th house opposed Uranus in 10th shows the women opposed your rebelliousness and anything uranian. However your ally is to look at the parts of the chart that work for you. That's why I ask where you work. I wonder if you are already working in an area that is best suited for you. It might sound very simple, but there's so much scorpio influence in the chart, esp in terms of career. If you are with ppl who are like minded with the same goals, it should be easier, but it depends on the work.

I work in internal recruitment focusing on financial services, but trying to get away from that if I can (but stay in recruitment since that is where my experience lies). I was made redundant from my company (which wasn't a surprise since they aren't doing too well at the moment and are actually not hiring very much in London at all) so I am looking for something new. I have been focusing my search on smaller firms since I think that working in large corporations is not really the right path for me. I am not sure if that type of work is really Scorpion, but I do communicate with people daily and I have to build relationships, headhunt (so that's the digging piece), etc.