Indications of jail in the natal chart

Chanii

Hello Everyone,

Could someone tell me where I should look in a natal chart if I would like to know if the person will go to jail during his lifetime ?

Second question: is it possible to see - if a person is already in jail - what kind of crime the person in jail did?

I was thinking to look House 12 , the Lord and if it is badly aspected by Pluto, Neptune .

Thanks

Moog

Not done a lot of research on this, but planets in the 12th seem to indicate a stay in an institution of some sort during their dasha periods, particularly if badly disposed.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Firstly, we should take to heart and mind that nothing in a chart can say for sure if a person can end up in jail. That is why many criminals are (unfortunately) still on the run. I read somewhere that some Astrology students were once given the chart if Gandhi, and they tagged it a criminal's chart. Now do we know of a person that was more against violence.

Your thought about House 12 is apt, that being the house of retreat and imprisonment. Due to this, understandably its Lord (ruling planet) needs to be well aspected to help it overcome the challenge the house already poses. This means that good aspects from benefics like Ven and Jup, even the Sun will be a bonus. On the other hand, ill aspects make things more challenging, esp from planets such as Mars, Sat and the outer planets, or from the Lords of the 6th or 8th house. Placement of Mars and Sat in the 12th house is also challenging esp if ill aspected.

It is also very important to look at how the Lord of the Asc (our connection with the outer world) is doing. Its placement in the 12, esp if afflicted by Mars or Jup is also a sign of caution. Similarly, difficult aspects between the Lords of the 12th and the 1st, esp if they are angularly placed can be challenging.

These aspects do not mean imprisonment per se. They can equally mean that the person leads a more private/reclusive life.
Re your second question, there is a thread called Dark Minds in the Astrology and Psychology section.

:)AQ7

Cascada

James Holmes has a stellium in the 12th (I think), and the 12th in general does seem like the logical thing to look for first.