REMINDER: Please post your outcomes

SagiCap

I love love horaries and I'm trying to learn them better every day. I just wish the posters on here that submit their questions could update their charts. This is a learning site and without the punchline/answer to the test - you can't learn from your initial delineations. I've looked at so many charts and sometimes even experts here give different conclusions. While we can learn from our resident experts, how can we know for sure if you don't post outcomes?:whistling: I've been guilty of this too, so I'll try in the future to step it up a notch.

I realize some may not be so happy to post an unsatisfactory result - and most horaries are ****** - I get it (especially mine, lol) but, the way we can all learn better is here. Just need to take more advantage of it. It makes a big difference.

Last edited:

cyrusavirus

I completely agree with you SagiCap,

I am waiting for outcomes. I will surely be posting about the updates from my side, as soon as they are evident.

~Regards,
Cyrus

Serendipity

This should be made as a permanent note under the guidelines, just as a reminder. Easier for everyone to learn that way if the outcome is known.

LondonStar2008

I agree too, so far all the questions I've asked have produced a result and I have updated the outcome.

Even it means coming back weeks or months later, it is a great means of assessing if the horary interpretation was right or wrong. Certainly helps me to learn horary more effectively.

DiDi

I think most of use regulars do but the problem with new people is they dont read the rules.
I wish i knew the answer to this.
its frustrating to all of us i think.

JupiterEyed

Indeed. I am a lurker by nature (for the most part) and am often disappointed that more people don't update their threads with what happened, or at least with relevant events. With more known events/outcomes, we can start to identify and learn from patterns or at least instances of "why this was not exactly right" or "how did this go totally wrong?"

That being said, I have a few charts from questions I asked in the last three years. I've been dabbling in horary astrology for years, but due to work and college I found myself lacking the adequate attention to learn it. Maybe it would be helpful to post the ones with a known outcome? Of course, I'd keep the outcome a secret until those who take a crack at it arrive at an answer.

Where would I even post charts for this purpose? I can't offer in-depth interpretations (summer semester), but if it would help the sake of others' learning (and my own) then by all means...! That's a beautiful thing.

Kindest Regards,
*JupiterEyed

DiDi

that would be a great idea
to have a area where known outcome charts were put.

we have had a taste of this not long ago and it worked well, but didnt have a specific area for it.

I remember when we raised this issue a while ago and this was what we all thought would be a great idea

what Tikana said here
3rd option was put icons dedicated to ONLY known outcomes, that was rejected as well

Last edited:

tikana

That is ridiculous. At the very least this reminder should be a sticky.

it is

I have proposed to have a sticky thread on each subdivision that contain the question - url to the horary - with an answer. I was gonna help them to put it together then i said screeew this!

2nd option was each category to have subcategory - move the known outcomes into that sub forum - idea was rejected "too much work"

3rd option was put icons dedicated to ONLY known outcomes, that was rejected as well

so as far as i can see .. no one really cares about organizing this forum

T

dhundhun

Take your own measures. Identify those, who don't post outcomes. Don't engage in further discussion with them, put them in ignore list.

Good to create general awareness about it.

DiDi

dhundhun I think we are wanting a area where we can post known outcome horays or a sign that says this post has a outcome on it.

so we can go straight to them without all the looking through the other posts who dont have it.

jmerle179

I wonder if we need to approach moderators and explain that what we need is a "hands-on learning" sub-group. Explain to moderators--and posters--that it is not a place to get a free Horary reading, but instead a place for Horary students to practice the craft.

Unskilled astrology students (like me) can attempt Horary in the hand-on subforum without shame or ridicule when we miss a step or otherwise incorrectly delineate a chart. And the more skilled astrology students/experts can show the rest of us how they do it.

Perhaps chart posters would be required to submit two posts. One with their original chart, followed by a separate post that lists the outcome. The reader can choose to ignore the outcome post or use it as a means of trying to figure out the process of finding that outcome.

Moderating the forum would be easy. If someone posts a chart and has now followed it up with an outcome post within 60 minutes a member can flag the post and a moderator can simply delete the entire thread during his/her regular rounds.

DHUNDHUN wrote:
"Take your own measures. Identify those, who don't post outcomes. Don't engage in further discussion with them, put them in ignore list."
I totally understand where you are coming from, but this site already has enough posts that are ignored. Perhaps it's because the poster doesn't realize the chart is not radical, perhaps it's because the subject doesn't focus on romance, or perhaps it's because many (most?) of us who frequent this site just don't have the skills to attempt a real answer.

On the flip side, if the poster of that ignored chart will later re-post in the learning forum with a second post that includes the outcome, more of us will be able to learn and be more confident about attempting future chart readings--especially those charts posted by someone who regularly comes back with an outcome update.

J

tikana

I wonder if we need to approach moderators and explain that what we need is a "hands-on learning" sub-group. Explain to moderators--and posters--that it is not a place to get a free Horary reading, but instead a place for Horary students to practice the craft.

been there done that ... if you look at the threads, we had a rule attempt to read your own chart first... mods removed that.
now you get will i get whatever no attempt to read the chart
once someone replies, you dont see that person again

T