Jupiter-Time, 400 day calendar, approaching the Scorpioyear!

david starling

Perhaps even, Mars as Rome in service to the great Philosophical task of Greece?

Agreed.

I notice that the Romans continued belief in Apollo, the 12/12 Native-ruler of Sagittarius, with Jupiter as Regulating-ruler. They didn't change Apollo's name, and honored his Nine Muses. The Delphic Oracle was under Apollo's aegis as well.

blacksun?

The Caesars, securing forever the legacy of the philosophers.

Still it can be seen that the age of Jupiters rulership was already waning, and that the age of Saturn was impending.

In the early age of Zeus, no mortal would have considered just taking on the role of Pontifex of Jupiter. He would only expect to be struck by lightning.

blacksun?

I notice that the Romans continued belief in Apollo, the 12/12 Native-ruler of Sagittarius, with Jupiter as Regulating-ruler. They didn't change Apollo's name, and honored his Nine Muses. The Delphic Oracle was under Apollo's aegis as well.
That is indeed interesting and probably very important for us too.
Apollo is one powerful deity.
His estate up in Delphi is astonishing and completely alive with magic.

blacksun?

Did you not also attribute rulership of the Ascendant to Apollo?

I think it is true that the Suns rulership never truly wanes.

Apollo is God of magic, attributed also with Wolf, and Raven.

Last edited:

david starling

The Caesars, securing forever the legacy of the philosophers.

Still it can be seen that the age of Jupiters rulership was already waning, and that the age of Saturn was impending.

In the early age of Zeus, no mortal would have considered just taking on the role of Pontifex of Jupiter. He would only expect to be struck by lightning.

The Romans released Cronos/Saturn from the Greek, Olympian captivity, and began honoring him in the Saturnalia, now upon us.

Opal

Premium Member
Also he is considered to be The New Years, child/Old man. Both youth and age. The representative of the New Year, aptly in Capricorn.

david starling

Not a slave, rather a world which respects him.
But to respect time as value is only truthful, isn't it?

I misspoke, thanks for pointing that out--it's not Saturn that enslaves, it's the inability to pass the tests posed by Saturn. The Aquarian Age will make it MUCH easier to do so.

Last edited:

blacksun?

Right - and probably many souls will be born who have already met that challenge - Uranian souls -

Last edited:

blacksun?

The elder gnostics were simply hateful of the demiurge for having made the material world and trapped their souls in it, but later ones adopted radical methods and after burning down their attachments to the illusions of the demiurgic world they, instead of seeking to self-annihilate in the void which they consider the proper God as the old gnostics strived for, they re-assert themselves on a ground beyond illusion in confrontation, face to face with this Saturnian Lion-Dragon - I wouldn't claim to fully grasp this yet. What would be the fun in that. I just learned these particular notions on the discord server. Its not crowded but it is working.

Last edited:

blacksun?

As I write this the Sun is encroaching on Jupiter and the conjunction, which marks the beginning of the Capricorn Year, is nigh. We have a bit over 14 hours left in the Sagittarius year.

blacksun?

"But God is He having the head of the Hawk. The same is the first, incorruptible, eternal, unbegotten, indivisible, dissimilar: the dispenser of all good; indestructible; the best of the good, the Wisest of the wise; He is the Father of Equity and Justice, self-taught, physical, perfect, and wise-He who inspires the Sacred Philosophy."

- Zoroaster

david starling

As I write this the Sun is encroaching on Jupiter and the conjunction, which marks the beginning of the Capricorn Year, is nigh. We have a bit over 14 hours left in the Sagittarius year.

I thought the Jupiter year was just marked by Jupiter entering a new Sign. So, that would have meant the Capricornyear had already begun.
How about that eclipse yesterday? An auspicious beginning?

david starling

The elder gnostics were simply hateful of the demiurge for having made the material world and trapped their souls in it, but later ones adopted radical methods and after burning down their attachments to the illusions of the demiurgic world they, instead of seeking to self-annihilate in the void which they consider the proper God as the old gnostics strived for, they re-assert themselves on a ground beyond illusion in confrontation, face to face with this Saturnian Lion-Dragon - I wouldn't claim to fully grasp this yet. What would be the fun in that. I just learned these particular notions on the discord server. Its not crowded but it is working.

It appears that Western Europeans felt the Saturnian rulership of the Age of Capricorn very strongly, right away, and it frightened them. By the time of the Renaissance, at about the halfway mark, people had mostly gotten used to it, although Saturn as the "Greater Malefic" continued in astrology. There were two devastating plagues, one near the Capricorn Age's beginning, and one near the middle. Some seem to believe that there will be another one at the end.

david starling

I find myself feeling uncomfortable talking about the active, widespread religions of this Age, compared to those of Ages past. For example, the conventional description is the sidereal version, an Age of Pisces. So, why did the Church go with the Winter Solstice for the Nativity? Why is the Savior depicted as a literal "Scapegoat", taking away the sins of the believers and then escaping into the Heavens? Pisces is far too lenient for religions that demand obedience from their followers, and threaten them with Eternal damnation if they stray from the "flock". What, a flock of fishes? :biggrin:

blacksun?

"I thought the Jupiter year was just marked by Jupiter entering a new Sign. So, that would have meant the Capricornyear had already begun.
How about that eclipse yesterday? An auspicious beginning?"

My magickal calendar works with Sun-Jupiter connections. Why I am so impressed with the Saturn Calendar; I decided to make one and look for an auspicious time, and then it turned out the first conjunction to come was on the first degree of Capricorn. Literally perfect, ideal.
As for Jupiter, I started the calendar at the conjunction of Sun and Jupiter in Virgo.

Indeed, a lot of auspicious events have been announcing the great moment.

blacksun?

I find myself feeling uncomfortable talking about the active, widespread religions of this Age, compared to those of Ages past. For example, the conventional description is the sidereal version, an Age of Pisces. So, why did the Church go with the Winter Solstice for the Nativity? Why is the Savior depicted as a literal "Scapegoat", taking away the sins of the believers and then escaping into the Heavens? Pisces is far too lenient for religions that demand obedience from their followers, and threaten them with Eternal damnation if they stray from the "flock". What, a flock of fishes? :biggrin:
I believe this is all because of the actual occult power that simply is given at he solstice and nowhere else - all Sun Gods, all Saviours are born at the Solstice - thus, conceived, if we go by human pregnancy durations, at the Spring Equinox.

blacksun?

A note on the sixth house - it is not simply the house of Service.
Lets think about this for a moment. What does it mean to "serve and protect"?

What does that give you?