Will I do the TESL Certification Program?

FleetingDasein

Background to the question:
Now that the M.A program is out of the picture, I am trying to figure out what to do. I can't apply to another institution until late 2009. That's a whole year doing nothing. I'm not sure whether I should pursue a different major. That Neptune-Midheaven conjunction on my natal chart is wrecking havoc. I've always wanted to teach english as a second language. So I'm looking at TESL Certification programs. It's not what I want to do in the long run, but it doesn't hurt to do something while I wait. I would have to go abroad for this program.

The Chart:
I'm Mercury, the certification program is Venus. Retrograde Saturn is in the 1st house, not a very good position to have. It's reflective of the situation. I don't have many options. I'm restricted, constantly re-evaluating what I should do. I've read that Saturn in the 1st doesn't augur a happy ending to the question.

Mercury and Venus (in detriment and combust) are applying to a conjunction in Aries.

I don't know if I should use Saturn as my co-significator as it is conjunct the ascendant.

The moon is not applying to any of the significators. I'm not so sure the conjunction is enough to guarantee a yes.

What do you guys think?

astro_w2gw_48_tesl_program_hp748971.gif

RockFish

If we use that horary rule about not using the outter planets, the moon is void, I think.

She'll only aspect Neptune before changing signs. Not sure if one can count this aspect.

Saturn in the 1st might be pointing to the fact that you are really downcast about the recent "No".

Give it a time and you'll find what you are supposed to do, my friend. This year I saw myself in the same situation, was counting with a certain thing, so certain I'd get it, and I didnt. After a month or so, other doors started to open. Don't worry. :)

FleetingDasein

Thank you, RockFish.

I'm not sure either. VOC oficially begins tomorrow, after a sextile to Neptune. Then again in 2 days, after another aspect to Neptune. One has to be careful asking questions around this time!

I hope something good will come out of it. I am really sure about what I want to do with my studies and it does put a damper on my dreams when my school of choice unexpectedly rejects me. I'll be waiting for those doors to open. Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it.

katydid

Is your natal Neptune/MC being aspected by transit or progression right now?

Maybe, just maybe, this would not have been a good year for you to begin your Masters program. Plenty of people take a year off to work or do another side project before they begin. Maybe the UNIVERSE had a reason for postponing your set plans.:eek:

aquarius7000

Hi FD,

There are a couple of things in the chart that could have been better.

Rx-Saturn, a malefic (in Horary), in the first - the querent's/your house would actually indicate restrictions in achieving what the querent is after. In general, in Horary, one says that rx-Saturn in the first house ruins the question. It needs a very strong chart otherwise to combat this rule.

Significator of the 9th house, post-school education, is retrograde, which also doesn't help. According to Lilly, generally, if one of the main significators is rx, it denotes ill in the question, discord and contradiction. As you noted, Venus is also combust and in detriment.

Mer, you, is also combust, which perhaps shows your fear, and without dignity.

Moon is VOC, not much can be expected of this situation, and in the unfortunate 8th house. Moon also has no dignities.

All in all, I am not really sure much will come out of this one.

Good luck,
:)AQ7

PS: The seven posts regarding Natal/Vocational Astrology have been moved to the 'Vocational Astrology' board as part of the thread: Will I do the TESL Certification Program? Please go there to continue the non-horary discussion.

Last edited:

FleetingDasein

Thank you for your reply, Aquarius!

Yes, the chart does not look too good. Retrogrades, Combustion, VOC Moon. Recipe for disaster!

I don't know what to do. I think I am gonna apply, and hope for the best.

If I end up being denied, or something happens and I cannot complete the course then I can at least say I tried.

Thank you once again for helping with my interpretation.

FleetingDasein

Updating this horary for instructive purposes. The outcome was positive. I ended up doing the program, and I finished it a few months ago. I completed it without any problems, and I graduated with honours.

I'm going crazy trying to figure out what happened with this chart. Can anyone see any way this chart could have given a positive answer? Should it be considered unreadable because of Saturn in the 1st and the VOC Moon?

Last edited:

Olivia

All I can think is your 9 ruler, Venus, is cazimi in this chart - very closely - it's within about a minute of the Sun.

dr. farr

(Following is a test of the experimental Walis Magic 8 Ball astro-divination method and is not standard horary practice; following uses whole sign house format)

Since this is now a known outcome question (the answer turned out to be yes) what would the Magic 8 Ball have indicated?

-taking the 9th house as significator (which is what I would have done) we find Taurus = Venus = a "yes" answer by the 8 Ball "rules"
-if instead we took the Part of Fortune as significator we find it at 24 Virgo = Virgo = Mercury = a "yes" answer according to the 8 Ball

Either way (9th or POF as significator) the 8 Ball yields a correct yes answer to the question.

Last edited:

dr. farr

I think Olivia's observation regarding Venus (9th ruler) in Cazimi is the key; plus Venus is retrograding back toward querent's significator Mercury, sending the Solar blessings in that direction while Mercury moves forward for its own "Bath of Regenerating Fire"* (toward Cazimi), plus the Part of Fortune in the ascending sign of Virgo (querent's signifying sign) accounts for the auspicious turn of events.

*this is one of the titles the old time alchemists used for the Cazimi state

Last edited: