Like some more astrology artworks?

Nexus7

I did some pen-amd ink drawings for each of the 12 sings ages ago, in case any additons to the astro artworks page might possibly welcome any additons....

Save them from the bin....

pwadm

Staff member
Sure, great idea. That would be preferable to attaching them to this thread, as they will stay related to your profile and anyone could see them.

Good to see a nice expression of Mercury retrograde... so bring them on!

Nexus7

OK, I will see what I can do, though my PC 'has' terminal Merury retrograde I am sure. And I am feeling the Mars retro enough too - not a stinking moment to chill out.

But anyway...stay tuned.

Nexus7

Strictly speaking, you could be right about Castor and Pollux. I would imagine thatin a hetero world, as opposed to a Platonic on, in the original sense of the word, that got discretely changed, though.

Glad you liked my crab, Mod Cleopatra.

EJ53

Banned
I like them all, Nexus......with the bull capturing the spirit of Taurus exceptionally well, although (imo) the ram might be a bit too "cuddly" for the sometimes beligerent Aries.

Are you happy for us to freely copy and use these illustrations without restriction?:unsure:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi Nexus-These are great-I especially liked the Aries one-they are also the comedians of the zodiac!
Cheers
Lilly-keep em coming...

Nexus7

Are you happy for us to freely copy and use these illustrations without restriction?:unsure:
That is a good question. Well, I say that any member here is free to use them, but please do acknowledge source. Maybe I will put a coyright symbol on each one. And make them available on Red Bubble too, they can be ordered there as cards or tshirts.

I am not reall sure how to make my Aries look more belligerant. The female of the species (the animal I mean) is scarcely known for its beliigerance and apart from the horns, the ram does not essentially look hugely different from a sheep...or does it?

'The Aries ram's horn appears to merge with the body where it overlaps - a fine white line'

That might do the trick. As for the Taurus sign, I will look at that. I canrun any of these off and work in them a little. In fact, I have been an absoloute dork with my photoshop, only just noticed the rubber. That solved a few problems.

Keep tuned for my my next ones, the feedback us useful...I would like to mess around a bit with colours on the old photoshop, once I get my mean machine working a bit better.....

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
...Maybe I will put a copyright symbol on each one.

Why not buy yourself some time to think on this one, Nexus?......Perhaps by putting a standard copyright notice on each album page for now.

If you finish up with all 12 signs, the 10 planets and (maybe) Chiron......you could produce a commercially viable astrological font......But, if left uncopyrighted, you might find it galling to watch others making money from a talent you gave away for free.

Nexus7

Why not buy yourself some time to think on this one, Nexus?......Perhaps by putting a standard copyright notice on each album page for now.

If you finish up with all 12 signs, the 10 planets and (maybe) Chiron......you could produce a commercially viable astrological font......But, if left uncopyrighted, you might find it galling to watch others making money from a talent you gave away for free.

You are right -thanks for the suggestion.

I will put a copyright mark on these.

Nexus7

I have written a copyright sign on each of them now. Is there a way I can get another notice on my page too?

Anyway, the rest of the Signs are up - take a look!

Last edited: