Tropical Age of Aquarius

david starling

Good description of the ruler of this Tropical Age. By the way, the Alchemical transmutation of lead into gold requires the influence of Mercury, which would mean the signs Gemini and Virgo are in play regarding the psychic changes required to initiate the Dawning, which hasn't happened yet. "It's always Darkest [just] before the Dawn."

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Good description of the ruler
of this Tropical Age.
12208397_1063641043647486_7470735199102590482_n.jpg

david starling

Robert Zoller opines that the Sidereal method is about permanence, and the Tropical is about changes. In that case the Tropical method would be best for tracking the Ages, which are all about changes (including changes of opinion).

JUPITERASC

Robert Zoller opines that the Sidereal method is about permanence, and the Tropical is about changes.
In that case the Tropical method would be best for tracking the Ages, which are all about changes (including changes of opinion).
Whether your opinion changes or not, you are entitled to it :smile:

david starling

Open-minded people are always willing to change one or some of their opinions, when new information comes to light. As to whether or not people are entitled to their opinions, or entitled to change them: A Right, not a privilege (in my opinion).

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Open-minded people are always willing to change one or some of their opinions, when new information comes to light.
As to whether or not people are entitled to their opinions, or entitled to change them--there are closed-minded people who think not.
Opinions vary, some opinions change, others do not :smile:

david starling

"Fixed" opinions and "Mutable" opinions? I can definitely relate to that! You yourself have enabled me to change several of my opinions without having to change others. Thanks!

Last edited:

RaRohini

Opinions change :smile:

Hi !
Sorry to interrupt in this conversation. I am just a student of vedic astrology ..but i have the following take on the 'Age of Aquarius'.As per Vishnu purana, the last avatar will be Kalki ( who will be born in Aquarius Moon .Dhanistha nakshatra) who will bring about a dawn of new age. Given the ' non feeling' character of Aquarius moon ..do you think he will be a man-machine?

david starling

RaRohini, your question has led me to another one: Does a planetary position in a Vedic sign have the same meaning as its position in the Tropical sign of the same name? I went to a Vedic website (Astrospeak.com) which listed the qualities of Moon in (Vedic) Aquarius and it fit me perfectly. There was also a list of a few phonetic syllables that were supposed to relate to this Moon position regarding birth name--this worked also ("da" was one of them). So, it appears that a Vedic Moon in Aquarius evokes the same qualities as a Tropical Moon in Aquarius. However, I wouldn't have Moon in Aquarius in Vedic--it would be in Capricorn. I really don't think I've misidentifed my Moon-sign characteristics based on what I thought they should be (again, it really was a perfect match) especially because I was like this before I, or anyone I was around, knew anything about astrology at all. One crazy hypothesis: If you're born in the West, a Tropical chart will describe you, as far as the signs are concerned; born in the East, Vedic will do the same thing. Maybe there's some sort of magnetic force-field involved, and when you're on one side Tropically located signs describe you, but if I visited India, my personality would automatically change over to Moon in Capricorn! Anyway, since my Tropical Moon in Aquarius matches up qualitatively with the Vedic: No, not at all machine-like when it comes to Moon in Aquarius: Reserved, but not unfeeling.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

RaRohini, your question has led me to another one:
Does a planetary position in a Vedic sign have the same meaning as its position in the Tropical sign of the same name?
I went to a Vedic website (Astrospeak.com) which listed the qualities of Moon in (Vedic) Aquarius and it fit me perfectly.
There was also a list of a few phonetic syllables that were supposed to relate to this Moon position regarding birth name--this worked also ("da" was one of them).
So, it appears that a Vedic Moon in Aquarius evokes the same qualities as a Tropical Moon in Aquarius.
However, I wouldn't have Moon in Aquarius in Vedic--it would be in Capricorn.
I really don't think I've misidentifed my Moon-sign characteristics based on what I thought they should be (again, it really was a perfect match) especially because I was like this before I, or anyone I was around, knew anything about astrology at all.
One crazy hypothesis: If you're born in the West, a Tropical chart will describe you, as far as the signs are concerned;
born in the East, Vedic will do the same thing.
Maybe there's some sort of magnetic force-field involved, and when you're on one side Tropically located signs describe you,
but if I visited India, my personality would automatically change over to Moon in Capricorn!
Anyway, since my Tropical Moon in Aquarius matches up qualitatively with the Vedic:
No, not at all machine-like when it comes to Moon in Aquarius.

DO TROPICAL TRAITS REFLECT UNDERLYING SIDEREAL SIGNS? http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8258 :smile:

JUPITERASC

...... One crazy hypothesis:
If you're born in the West, a Tropical chart will describe you, as far as the signs are concerned;
born in the East, Vedic will do the same thing.

Maybe there's some sort of magnetic force-field involved, and when you're on one side Tropically located signs describe you,
but if I visited India, my personality would automatically change over to Moon in Capricorn!
Anyway, since my Tropical Moon in Aquarius matches up qualitatively with the Vedic:
No, not at all machine-like when it comes to Moon in Aquarius.
Irrespective of place of birth
anywhere on this planet

a Tropical chart could describe and individual
likewise a Sidereal chart could describe that same individual
and
in fact several of our members have switched to Vedic and/or Sidereal
as a consequence of opining that Sidereal description is more apposite
:smile:

RaRohini

I have the same doubt about Tropical and sidereal charts. When i'm referring to a chart, i want the person to resonate with what i say..otherwise i feel either my vedic chart is not applicable to his case or that his birth date details are not correct. David starling, what is the degree of your moon ? Because in Vedic astrology, you may have to check the nakshatra( asceterism) to which you belong..people with same moon signs behave differently based on the nakshatras(divisions within the moon sign).For example ..Dhanista nakshatra borders Capricorn and Aquarius (23.20 Capricorn to 6.40 Aquarius). Can you google 'Chandra in Dhanista nakshatra' Barbara Pijan Lama astrology read the traits? Does it make sense ?..you can watch the video for that nakshatra in Kapiel Raaj astrology..tell me what you think..

Last edited:

david starling

RaRohini, my Tropical Moon position is 19.11 Aquarius. Corrected for Vedic, that would be around 25 degrees Capricorn. The Vedic description of Moon in Aquarius fit me perfectly even though it's not my Vedic Moon position. So, I looked up a description of Vedic Moon in Capricorn, and it doesn't fit me. I realize Vedic Astrology is complex, and I do have Vedic Aquarian Asc., Mercury and Mars (all middle area Pisces in Tropical coordinates), so that must be why I might appear to have Vedic Aquarian Moon characteristics, even though my Vedic Moon is in Capricorn. This is definitely a Tropical thread, specifically about there being Tropical Ages, which is a new idea. So, to get it back on track, would you be so kind as to tell us about Vedic Ages? Especially whether any Vedic Astrologers you know of, including yourself of course, have an actual "Age of Aquarius" in Vedic terms. And if so, when will it start and how long will it last? Thanks!

RaRohini

Hi ! If it is Tropical Moon 19.11 corresponding vedic Nakshatra is Shatabhishak..can you check out this? Im still a student , so really dont know where the 'Age of Aquarius' is mentioned in Vedic Astrology.. but Vishnu Purana discusses about the future of mankind and Sri Padmapada of Hare Krishna has written about the various 'Ages' known as Yugas in Sanskrit showing the cycle of life. I am still to read it in detail.One interesting thing about the yugas are :First , there was the Satya Yuga where everyone was saintly and pious and connected to nature and the evil existed in some other planets.Next was the Treta yuga.Lord Ram was born in this yuga where there were different species of beings denoting Good and evil. Third was Dwapara yuga when Lord Krishna was born. Then the good and evil was within the same family .Death of Lord Krishna denoted the end of Dwapara yuga ..and mankind entered Kali yuga .We are now in Kali Yuga where the battle between good and evil is within oneself. It makes interesting reading!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hi ! If it is Tropical Moon 19.11 corresponding vedic Nakshatra is Shatabhishak..can you check out this?
Im still a student , so really dont know where the 'Age of Aquarius' is mentioned in Vedic Astrology..
but Vishnu Purana discusses about the future of mankind and Sri Padmapada of Hare Krishna
has written about the various 'Ages' known as Yugas in Sanskrit showing the cycle of life.

I am still to read it in detail.
One interesting thing about the yugas are :
First , there was the Satya Yuga where everyone was saintly and pious and connected to nature and the evil existed in some other planets.
Next was the Treta yuga. Lord Ram was born in this yuga where there were different species of beings denoting Good and evil.
Third was Dwapara yuga when Lord Krishna was born. Then the good and evil was within the same family .
Death of Lord Krishna denoted the end of Dwapara yuga ..and mankind entered Kali yuga .
We are now in Kali Yuga where the battle between good and evil is within oneself.
It makes interesting reading!

Yugas are much longer succession of Ages of which the length of Ages is not always consistent.
Depending of which school consulted, there can be a massive discrepancy
According to some, Kali Yuga lasts for 432,000 years and only 5,000 years of which have elapsed. :smile:

'.....Kali Yuga is considered worst Age of all
yet the symbolism is not so out of place in our own age.
The imagery is comparable to Rubin’s painting of Saturn devouring his children.
Saturn, is, after all, a malefic and the Eighth House is the place of death....'

kali.png

Platonic system gives shorter ages
but it would be very far from the truth to say that someone can’t do good things in difficult times

Age of Aquarius is consistently portrayed as a Golden Age
when people will attune to higher frequencies and love each other, as nobody could have loved each other in any other age.
The most insidious aspect of velvet fascism is that it promises freedom
while globalisation, a very Aquarian idea, makes slaves of some and consumers of others
http://classicalastrologer.me/2014/05/10/thema-mundi-the-aquarian-age/

CapAquaPis

Each astrological age (going by western or tropical standards) has a theme in the evolution of humanity.

Age of Virgo: the birth of modern humans.
Age of Leo: expansion of human tribes.
Age of Cancer: foundation of civilization.
Age of Gemini: the birth of communication (writing like in Sumerian texts).
Age of Taurus: the beginning of organized religion, such as Judaism.
Age of Aries: Old Testament in the Bible, draconian and war-like period.
Age of Pisces: in the western world, the rise and peak of Christianity.
and the current age of Aquarius about science, progress and innovation.

In sidereal astrology used by Indians like the Vedics, we should be in the age of Capricorn, a similar sign to Aquarius. Both signs are ruled by Saturn in traditional astrology, while Uranus rules Aquarius in modern versions. If we're in a Capricornian phase of time, the sign of coldness and destruction of the old, the world is going through a difficult and malevolent transition to the new. This sounds alike Aquarius, but this is the sign of irrigation and renewal, and the world is being rebuilt and replenished for the better.

RaRohini

Each astrological age (going by western or tropical standards) has a theme in the evolution of humanity.

Age of Virgo: the birth of modern humans.
Age of Leo: expansion of human tribes.
Age of Cancer: foundation of civilization.
Age of Gemini: the birth of communication (writing like in Sumerian texts).
Age of Taurus: the beginning of organized religion, such as Judaism.
Age of Aries: Old Testament in the Bible, draconian and war-like period.
Age of Pisces: in the western world, the rise and peak of Christianity.
and the current age of Aquarius about science, progress and innovation.

In sidereal astrology used by Indians like the Vedics, we should be in the age of Capricorn, a similar sign to Aquarius. Both signs are ruled by Saturn in traditional astrology, while Uranus rules Aquarius in modern versions. If we're in a Capricornian phase of time, the sign of coldness and destruction of the old, the world is going through a difficult and malevolent transition to the new. This sounds alike Aquarius, but this is the sign of irrigation and renewal, and the world is being rebuilt and replenished for the better.

It may be that the age of Aquarius is the dawn of the era when people will tune into higher frequencies enmasse ( at least the ones who are receptive). This would be consistant with the Aquarian theme of'groups ' or 'masses'..this may happen through spreading of knowledge via internet or telepathy? Maybe?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

It may be that the age of Aquarius is the dawn of the era when people will tune into higher frequencies enmasse
( at least the ones who are receptive).
This would be consistant with the Aquarian theme of'groups ' or 'masses'..
this may happen through spreading of knowledge via internet or telepathy? Maybe?
'Maybe' inevitably infers 'MAYBE NOT' :smile:

After all telepathy is nothing new
telepathy is as old as the hills