The rest of the chart doesnt really matter

Bunraku

You all say look at the entire chart, but then go on ahead and generalize one aspect anyways as if these two statements don't contradict each other. :andy:

The mainstream media has caught up, and the Sun sign horoscope panels use the entire astrological chart these days. What's your excuse? :lol:

waybread

Sorry, Bunraku-- what is your point?

Oftentimes querents have a specific question that refers to a particular planet or house. In keeping the entire chart in mind, the response isn't intended to be an entire everything-but-the-kitchen-sink chart reading.

Sometimes a post gives too little information for us to give an informed answer. Then seeing the entire chart is helpful even if the whole chart isn't the topic for discussion.

david starling

Soooo....a pointless discussion?

Not if too much is made of a single aspect or placement. But, there usually is a "star of the show", a "headliner" or even more than one, and that provides a way into the investigation of a Chart.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, but the parts still matter.

Bunraku

Not if too much is made of a single aspect or placement. But, there usually is a "star of the show", a "headliner" or even more than one, and that provides a way into the investigation of a Chart.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, but the parts still matter.

Maybe if you believe reductionism to adequately describe human behavior

Bunraku

Assuming the entire chart is a map of the person's psyche:

Argument 1: The entire chart matters and we can't judge the entire horoscope by picking one aspect.

Argument 2: A single aspect is adequate enough to judge an aspect of a person's character

Argument 3: Arguments 1 and 2 don't matter and this aspect only matters because I say so and I can say whether the entire chart matters or not because I feel like it.

Bunraku

Experts who respect each other and have shared knowledge talk differently to each other than they do to someone new to the subject.

A chart is called a map. On a board they’re picking up and talking about particular avenues.
Please an astrological “expert” is as valid as the title “life coach” :lol:

Bunraku

What are you getting at?

Astrologers (or people who dabble) rarely agree with each other, have a unique way of interpreting charts compared to each other, and heavens if you disagree with a reading all h3ll will break loose. So the idea that astrology is a shared language is something I don’t see (unless you practice traditional but even that is rare)

Last edited: