The Tropical Ages of Earth

david starling

I'm going to describe how I was led to design the Tropical Age method I'm now using in my Tropical Charts, and how the development unfolded. Given the importance many of us ascribe to the "Ages" as an Astrological concept, it's a vital topic. I welcome discussion and criticism, as long as it's mostly about this particular method. I say that, because I've noticed that when I've described it in other posts and Threads, there's a tendency to switch over to other Age methods while ignoring this one. There are two that interrelate--the Sidereal Ages and the Yugas, but I'll be keeping the focus on these Tropical Ages.
One valid criticism is that they are Western oriented, and appear to apply mainly to the Western historical line, that runs from Ancient Sumeria through Ancient Egypt, the Greco-Romans, and now, the Christian/Modern-scientific culture of the Western world. But given the enormous influence of this culture, which has spread worldwide, affecting the entire planet, I don't personally believe that disqualifies them from being termed "The Tropical Ages of Earth".
Anyway, so at the time "the Song" came out, I was just learning to draw Tropical Charts, and I knew a fair amount about the nature of the Signs. Especially Pisces, because I have so many placements there. I immediately related to the Aquarian Age, on an intuitive basis. But Pisces made no sense to me whatsoever as the Age that was ending, so I started to question the methodology. A group of Sidereal Astrologers, followers of the Fagan-Bradley school, voiced his complaint rather loudly--one of them was interviewed on a radio show--that Tropicalists have no business claiming a Tropical Aquarian Age, because there wasn't one; that only Siderealism has Astrological Ages. I saw the logic in that, because the Age Indicator being used, was the same Astronomical point as the one used to locate the first point of Tropical Aries. That means the entire Tropical Zodiac rotates through the Sidereal, and didn't have any way of telling us about Tropical Ages at all. Now, Cyril Fagan wasn't a promoter of the Aquarian Age, even though he could have used it to his advantage. And these Siderealists weren't promoting it either--they were just criticizing Tropicalists for being inconsistent: They were rejecting Siderealism for drawing Charts, and then claiming it for this extremely attractive, and purportedly powerful new Age. They were also ignoring the Sidereal settings, and choosing their own Sidereal-Sign locations as they saw fit, based entirely on when they believed the Aquarian Age would start, based on mundane events.
Fagan's problem with the Age method they were using was very honest and straightforward. He saw the Age of Pisces (according to the Tropicalists) as an Age of Aries. He saw the Age of Aries, preceding it, as an Age of Taurus. Which meant to him, that the Tropicalists' version of the Aquarian Age would be equivalent to an Age of Pisces.

Last edited:

david starling

So, I simply proposed a hypothetical: What if there IS a Tropical Age sequence, somehow related to the Tropical version of the Sidereal Ages, but Tropicalists weren't bothered enough by their inconsistency to bother looking for it? I took the Aquarian Age as the link, with the underlying sense that the REASON Tropicalists have been so convinced of an upcoming Aquarian Age even though it's "not their zodiac", is, that they have an Aquarian Age of their own. After that, I just followed the clues. And, following the advice of Sherlock Holmes, I "eliminated the impossible", and went with "the improbable": Both Tropical and Sidereal have an Aquarian Age within the same timeframe.

SunConjunctUranus

I thought it's just the matter of timing, sir. There are no huge debate as we don't have to finding it's significators like in most chart/map. :biggrin:

Opinion

R

david starling

The idea of "ages" is come from equinoxes, sir so might working very well with tropical. :biggrin:

See, the problem is, that the measured point being used to locate the sidereal Sign-postion of the Age-indicator is ALSO being used to locate the First Point of Aries in the tropical zodiac. So, the tropical zodiac rotates through the sidereal along with the sidereal Age-indicator, and that point has only one tropical location: 0 degrees Aries.

david starling

What was needed, was a measured point to locate an Age-indicator that WOULD have movement through the tropical Chart. That was the challenge.

david starling

Once I realized that Ages are the result of our own Planet's astrological effects on our Charts, that meant that there would be a similar effect on the tropical Charts. If there are sidereal Ages, there are tropical Ages.

SunConjunctUranus

See, the problem is, that the measured point being used to locate the sidereal Sign-postion of the Age-indicator is ALSO being used to locate the First Point of Aries in the tropical zodiac. So, the tropical zodiac rotates through the sidereal along with the sidereal Age-indicator, and that point has only one tropical location: 0 degrees Aries.

True. Not much debate about it and the obvious problem when locating it's significators is the real deal in birth chart/map. I think tropicalist should find it's mathematical disposition or fundamental so I found your "measured points" is appealing to develop. I read in somewhere else thread, tropicalist such as Dr. Farr already know the secret so you do make a good assessment about it. Appreciate it, sir. :rightful:

Supporting

R

SunConjunctUranus

Yes sir! :rightful: But there are too many people out there who self proclaimed modern astrologer making "real" tropicalist look flat-out bougus when they delineate the chart/map by using ancient technique. Those people need to be given lecture.

SunConjunctUranus

But the subject of "astrology" which is determining fate of the Kingdom has been on Earth. :biggrin:
So the center of the universe according to astrology is the Earth.

The Earth is not a planet (a wanderer like the Sun, Moon or the other five stars) in astrology, it is the center of the universe.

Last edited:

david starling

But the subject of "astrology" which is determining fate of the Kingdom has been on Earth. :biggrin:
So the center of the universe according to astrology is the Earth.

The subject of Astrology is about unseen influences on our psyches. For interpreting these influences, the most revealing are those that are at the heart of our being: The Earth, the Sun, the Moon, and the Point of Sunrise in any given location.