Is Astrology a Religion?

CapAquaPis

Ophiuchus - a special constellation, the 13th sign of the zodiac, and important significance in mythologies around the world. Barnard's Star B is located right in the constellation...and astronomers announced it hosts an earth-like exo-planet capable of supporting life. The planet orbiting that star is 6 light years away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnard's_Star_b

Witchyone

There is a difference between noting similarities between Indoeuropean religions and thinking that Jesus did not exist.

I guess I showed up to the argument late. I didn't know we were talking about Jesus, specifically, except for joking about vestments and disciples.

david starling

I don't really like mixing the current Religions with those of the past, but it's inevitable, given the sidereal Ages connection between the sidereal Age of Pisces and the spiritual side of Christianity. (As opposed to the mundane side, which all Religions have, in actual practice.)

JUPITERASC

hqdefault.jpg

david starling

There were 12 Olympian deities in the Ancient Greek religion, and 12 Babylonian constellations, as well as a 12 month Babylonian solar-year calendar. Lest anyone think the #12 is solely of Judean-Christian significance.

petosiris

Banned
I don't really like mixing the current Religions with those of the past, but it's inevitable, given the sidereal Ages connection between the sidereal Age of Pisces and the spiritual side of Christianity. (As opposed to the mundane side, which all Religions have, in actual practice.)

What about Islam, is it also a Piscean religion?

david starling

The Hebrew religion was considered by Greco-Romans to be about Zeus/Jupiter. In fact the Hanukkah celebration is about successfully warding off the Syrian-Greek attempt to force them to admit that their "One God" WAS Zeus under a different name, and Zeus was earlier derived from the Hebrew deity, as sending the Great Flood.

david starling

Capricorn/Aries hahahaha. Americans and their 9/11.

Islam was spread by the sword, and took over vast areas of the Middle East, as well as Egypt, with astonishing rapidity. It relied on the concept of Jihad, meaning "Holy War", and was male-dominated. Sounds like Aries.
But, it was also an innovative, civilization-building religion, well organized, with strict rules of behavior. Sounds like Capricorn.
Nothing to do with 9/11.

JUPITERASC

The star and crescent is an iconographic symbol
used in various historical contexts
but most well known today
as a symbol of the former Ottoman Empire
and, by popular extension, the Islamic world.

It develops in the iconography of the Hellenistic period :smile:
(4th–1st centuries BCE)
in the Kingdom of Pontus, the Bosporan Kingdom
and notably the city of Byzantium by the 2nd century BCE.
It is the conjoined representation of the crescent and a star, both of which
constituent elements have a long prior history in the iconography of the Ancient Near East
as representing either Sun and Moon or Moon and Morning Star
(or their divine personifications).

The combination rose to prominence
with its adoption as the flag and emblem of the Ottoman Empire

petosiris

Banned
Islam was spread by the sword, and took over vast areas of the Middle East, as well as Egypt, with astonishing rapidity. It relied on the concept of Jihad, meaning "Holy War", and was male-dominated. Sounds like Aries.
But, it was also an innovative, civilization-building religion, well organized, with strict rules of behavior. Sounds like Capricorn.
Nothing to do with 9/11.

NA history :sideways:

The star and crescent is an iconographic symbol

That came later, the early Arabs used simple one-coloured flags.

petosiris

Banned
What's your version? Mine is standard textbook.

That is true of like every other western country or religion. Like should the U. S. be associated with Aries, Capricorn, Saturn and Mars because of slavery trade and genocide of indigenous people???

The Muslims have a lot of dignity though.

Last edited: