Tropical vs Sidereal Ascendants

Which ascendant description matches you best?

• that of the tropical sign

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • that of the zodiacal constellation

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • both tropical sign and zodiacal constellation

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • neither sign nor zodiacal constellation

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Love2Know

vERY interesting though "Retrograde Mercury in Leo and 12th House: This person's thoughts, intellect,
and communicative activity is very proud, gregarious, dramatic, dignified,
and desires self expression. Most often this manifests in an independent,
backward, introverted manner, and in the area of life dealing with things
that disrupt or cause disassociation with the personality. It is difficult
for them to express this part of themself." I have no idea how that relates to myself.

What areas of life disrupt or case disassociation ? Darn all these retrogrades I have, I guess this would make me more introverted>

Last edited:

jamescondor

I'm not a pro so I wouldn't know exactly what your major aspects are. But I do give good suggestions and I think you and anybody really should look at your chart as a whole. Planets by themselves sometimes don't show a good picture of personality traits. Each planet in connection to each other and in the signs and houses is important. Aspects are important. Some aspects have more effect on ones personality. I think you should post your chart on a thread and have people interpret it.

LinzR36

I recently started reading about sidereal vs topical astrology. My sidereal birth chart puts me in Aquarius instead of the Pisces I always thought I was. However that birth chart also has me with Pisces as my ascendant and my moon in Cancer. My question is, did it just work out that way or is the ascendant the same as your tropical astrological sign? I will say that the siderealbirth chart is completely me. My family agrees that it's a much more accurate than the tropical birth chart and Pisces personality descriptions I always thought didn't really reflect me. My tropical birth chart is Pisces with Aries Ascendant and Leo moon. So not me!

nbennett

Yes, true. I have an astrologer friend with the Sun at 20 Cancer, right on the helio node of Pluto. That person is so Pluto/Aries. The person even has red flushed cheeks and dyes the hair red too. Very driven to succeed. Will approach anyone and ask for what she wants. Not a shy introverted Cancer at all. Very forceful and take charge. But she doesn't want to have a strong Pluto/Aries connection in her chart. So she denies it but her actions speak for themselves.

JUPITERASC

Sundance Kid-
I think Vedic and western do have different meanings for the signs but a conversion can be done between the two just like different countries convert measurements and money etc. Also because we all use the same planets, sun, moon and stars as a reference.
So If sidereal astrology puts your moon in Libra then look to westerns description of Libra.
You could also read Vedic's descriptions.
The biggest thing is that we are all a combination of every planet and sign to some degree and aspects may be the most important thing in any chart

Your question puts up another point that I want to address. Alright so, even though people's view of the sky is different depending on the time period and location on Earth they view from, the sun, moon, planets and stars are relatively in the same place in space. The sidereal zodiac uses the real space depiction and they implemented these changes where as tropical did not. But tropical still might be accurate because nobody can disprove it. When I was born the moon was actually in the constellation of Pisces and not Aries. But the main question is, what does Pisces mean. What does Aries mean. What does Libra mean and so on. Read all the descriptions and don't just pick one because it's cooler or more masculine or sounds better. Pick the one you think is you and take your time doing it. Experiment with it.
"Longitudes were not counted from the vernal point
but from the sidereally fixed endpoints of the zodiacal signs" :smile:
Otto E. Neugebauer

Reference: Neugebauer, Otto. HAMA:
A History of Ancient Mathematical Astronomy. Springer-Verlag (1975). Berlin-Heidelberg.