Spiritual Progress

abhi252

Respected Astrologers,

This may be a generic question, but I would like to know what are some indicators in a chart for spiritual progress in this birth?

Are the vimshottari dashas of some planets more likely to make a person more spiritual? Also, how tied is this to the nakshatras in which the planet is placed in, placement of the nakshatra lord and the dispositor?

Any reference material also would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Virinchi

One sure shot rule i have seen in many cases is by checking 5th and 8th cusp lords in D-1 (Rasi Chakra).
Then look for placements of these 2 lords in D-20 (Vimsamsa Chakra).
If both are exalted or placed in own sign in D-20, then person is highly spiritual.
If one if powerfully placed, but other is ill-placed, then spiritual energy exists but will not be useful when needed.
For example : If a personis born with Gemini Ascendant (Mithuna Lagna), then 5th lord is Venus and 8th lord is Saturn in D-1.
If Venus is in Pisces or Taurus or Libra in D-20, but Saturn is in Aries, then this person will be guided in few occassions but not saved in all situations. They can only help themselves but not others.

For Leo Ascendant (Simha Lagna) and Aquarius Ascendant (Kumbha Lagna), 5th and 8th lords are one planet : Jupiter and Mercury respectively.
So, position of Jupiter or Mercury in D-20 will determine what they claim to be and what they actually are.

In Krishnamurthy Paddhati (K.P), if sublord of 5th cusp signifies 6th house, this person will attain Mantra-Siddhi.
If 5th and 9th sublords signify 9th cusp, then he or she will progress spiritually.

Not a complete article about finding spiritual progress in a chart, but enough to answer your question : https://www.astrogle.com/astrology/spiritual-energy-progress-horoscope.html

abhi252

Thank you very much for the reply.

This is a great start for me. However, for a new learner like me, this would need very accurate birth time to determine the ascendant in the vimsamsa.

I guess my question was poorly worded - which is my mistake.

To understand the deeper truths i guess I would need to understand what the great sages of the past wrote.

mathur_dinesh

The 4th, 8th and the 12th houses in D-1 are Moksha (emancipation) houses. If there is no adverse (naturally malign planet such as Saturn but not the owner of these houses and casting its aspect on its own house) planetary influence on these houses and on the other hand there is favourable influence it is possible that the process of emancipation will appear/operate in the life of the individual.
If Jupiter is strong in the chart and it is connected to the ninth house the individual will be religious. The fifth house is the house of devotion to the divine. If Venus is unafflicted and strong, and well placed in the chart and it is connected with the fifth house the individual will be devotee of the divine.
If Ketu is not in a nakshatra of Saturn or Mercury and is connected with the twelfth house, the individual will attain moksha; if with eighth house he may develop occult powers, and if with the fourth house he will be inclined to spirituality. If Saturn or Mercury is the owner of a Moksha house and Ketu is in its nakshatra there will be some development in the right direction but the individual will face many hindrances in his efforts and will not attain the goal in this life.
A rajyoga or a dhan yoga in the D-20 will point to good achievements in this field.

One sure shot rule i have seen in many cases is by checking 5th and 8th cusp lords in D-1 (Rasi Chakra).
Then look for placements of these 2 lords in D-20 (Vimsamsa Chakra).
If both are exalted or placed in own sign in D-20, then person is highly spiritual.
If one if powerfully placed, but other is ill-placed, then spiritual energy exists but will not be useful when needed.
For example : If a personis born with Gemini Ascendant (Mithuna Lagna), then 5th lord is Venus and 8th lord is Saturn in D-1.
If Venus is in Pisces or Taurus or Libra in D-20, but Saturn is in Aries, then this person will be guided in few occassions but not saved in all situations. They can only help themselves but not others.

In Krishnamurthy Paddhati (K.P), if sublord of 5th cusp signifies 6th house, this person will attain Mantra-Siddhi.
If 5th and 9th sublords signify 9th cusp, then he or she will progress spiritually.

Hi Sir,

PARIVARTANA between 5th and 8th lords in D1 and the same pattern in D 20. So from this can I infer that my life is targeted at SPIRITUALITY rather than MATERIALISTIC life cycle. I have this in my chart. Please do clarify if my understanding is right. This will be of immense help for me.

As per KP rules, 6th & 9th Sublord (Mars) signify 5,8,10. Does this aid in MANTRA SIDDHI or SPIRITUAL PROGRESS or BOTH ?

Please do clarify this too.

If not mistaken, need your earnest insightful analysis by either nadi or kp system on this below thread

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132546