The nodes in Primary Directions

Dima Gur

A quick question for any of you who use primary directions:
Do you ever use the nodes as promissors or as significators in PD?

The nodes are not planets, of course, but other symbolic points are known to be used in this predictive technique; like the part of fortune for example.

I know of a few charts where the direction of the nodes to the angles has brought forth some interesting result (event).

Thanks!

JUPITERASC

A quick question for any of you who use primary directions:

The nodes are not planets, of course, but
other symbolic points are known to be used in this predictive technique;

like the part of fortune for example.
I know of a few charts
where the direction of the nodes to the angles
has brought forth some interesting result (event).

Thanks!
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11471
Martin Gansten remarks :smile:
No, I don't.
And for what it's worth, I haven't seen the Lot/Part of Fortune (or any other Lot)
work consistently in directions either, whatever Ptolemy says.
Naturally, the more points (and aspect angles) you include,
the greater the likelihood that something will hit something
around the time that something happens in your life.

The real question is,
does the symbolism of the direction match the event well enough
to be reliably used in prediction?
A recent real-life example:
a client had given me some life events to verify her time of birth,
including the date of her marriage. I checked and found:

- Asc to the trine of the moon, ruler of the 7th, in the terms of Venus
- Moon to the trine of the sun in the terms of Venus in the 7th house

but also:

- Asc to the body of Saturn with latitude

The last direction was definitely the odd one out
so I asked what had gone wrong in her life at the time she got married.

She replied that she hadn't wanted to get married at all
and didn't love her husband: she only accepted him in order to escape
life with her harsh mother and grandmother, and
once she had, she felt that there was nothing she could do
to prevent it going ahead; she just had to do her duty.
That's Saturn!

satya7

Nodes are very important in traditional astrology. Direction of the Nodes or aspect of the Nodes to the angles (or for that matter transits of Nodes work as well) connects the native to world at large. The native is brought forth to the limelight and his role in the larger world context is brought to light.

Don't ignore the nodes. Use the mean nodes.

For rectification as well, they are very important.

JUPITERASC

Nodes are very important in traditional astrology.

Direction of the Nodes or aspect of the Nodes to the angles
(or for that matter transits of Nodes work as well)
connects the native to world at large.

The native is brought forth to the limelight
and his role in the larger world context is brought to light.
Don't ignore the nodes.

Use the mean nodes.
For rectification as well, they are very important.
the nodes are also of interest with respect to eclipses :smile:

*Morph*

I am going to re invigorate this thread.
1692894542009.png

- Asc to the body of Saturn with latitude
Although only noted - this is actually important. There are two styles that can be used in zodico and in mundo
Simply put. in zodico - is using a planet without latitude. in mundo is using a planet with latitude.
Bowie Natal.png

Let's use a chart for a visual.
Let us say we wished to use primary directions to the sect light - the Moon.
The Moon becomes our "significator" - it is stationary
Then let us move the entire chart except the Moon in Primary Motion (clockwise)
The first thing to get to the Moon would be the square from Jupiter. (I am unsure why the Venus trine is calculated)
So the Moon stays where it is, the heavens rotate, and using Ascensional Times, we calculate how long it takes the square from Jupiter to hit the body of the Moon.
1692896915338.png

So to explain the above;
M - in mundo (planets with latitude), P - promittor, the planet in question, D - direct, sin/dex - left or right aspect, the aspect, the significator.
The directed square of Jupiter to Moon coincides with Bowies first No.1 Album globally - Diamond Dogs.

This technique works VERY well if you have a VERY accurate birth time. If your birth time is rough - then allow up to 8 months either side of the dates given.
I would not. Although it is a fixed point.
The only significators I would advise are the luminaries, the angles (especially ASC/MC) and fortune.
but sure - you can use a planet - say - Venus for love.
Also do not put in weird aspects - Platonic solids only!
Also (although a little sketchy and perhaps needs more investigation) do not use a Lot as a promittor, but theoretically it could be a significator.

Shanti

Most astrologers tend to use a Aquarius ascendant for Bowie with a 'A' rated time in ADB.

Seems unclear which one is dead on right if one reads the sources there ?

I have studied his chart before in terms of eye disease and the fixed stars in early Leo bad for the eyes.
He received a serious injury at school in 1962 when his friend George Underwood punched him in the left eye during a fight over a girl. After a series of operations during a four-month hospitalisation,[20] his doctors determined that the damage could not be fully repaired and Bowie was left with faulty depth perception and anisocoria (a permanently dilated pupil)
"7°12 Leo - *Praesaepe: Inner drive, reclusive, blindness, murder, tragedy, fires. Unfortunate; Mars/ Moon"

His 09:00 chart with an Aquarius ascendant have his Ascendant ruler Saturn (body,health) on this fixed star in early Leo.

The primary direction of Saturn d - 180' Sun (eyes) occur in 1962 when this occured.
(According to Cornell in his encyclopedia of Medical astrology eye problems is timed with directions of Saturn to Sun).
Saturn is ruling his 12th house of hospitalisation and also medical problems (Morin).

With the Libra Ascendant this saturn sun direction is occuring several years later.

This chart may not be right but just saying here about the two charts existing for Bowie.

Attachments

• bowie eye direction.png
    bowie eye direction.png
    301.2 KB · Views: 19

*Morph*

Seems unclear which one is dead on right if one reads the sources there ?
So I am immediately dubious to see an on the hour rounded birth time. 9am exactly. The chart I posted came from the Janus program and is one of their charts that come with the program, and looks to be accurate with a 23.50 time.
Most astrologers tend to use a Aquarius ascendant for Bowie with a 'A' rated time in ADB.
this A rating is "from memory"
The primary direction of Saturn d - 180' Sun (eyes) occur in 1962 when this occured.
This is something I am hoping to clear up so that people aren't using primary directions wrong.
The terminology should be that the Sun is the significator, and Saturn the promittor, and the opposition of Saturn reaches the Sun in 1962.
So again, The Sun is stationary, the rest of the chart moves.
I wonder what result you would get with the chart I posted. Maybe I will bother to do it later.

Shanti

We don't know which chart is the correct.
You may be right ?
But the 09:00 chart is what is used on every astrological platform I've seen
so far on forums and fb. Therefore I got surprised to see this Libra rising chart.

LIbra chart
I get with placidus semiarc, Ptolemy key, the primary directed Saturn (promissor) directed to the significator Sun at
at 1966 in zodiaco and 1967 with latitude (Bianchini).

*Morph*

1967 with latitude (Bianchini)
This too is something I am advocating - I have a study group that I regularly meet with, and we have been doing Primary Directions these past weeks, which is why I re-hashed this old post.
And we have found collectively - working on our own charts - that events correlate better using in mundo for planets
You may be right ?
But the 09:00 chart is what is used on every astrological platform I've seen
so far on forums and fb. Therefore I got surprised to see this Libra rising chart.
So, I just checked ther rodden rating in Janus - it was B - "from bio/autobiography". Maybe Aquarius is right - but I still don't like the rounded birth time. It gives me astrologer heebie-jeebies.

*Morph*

Wow - synchronicity! NPR - fresh air with Terry Gross is doing a replay of her interview with Bowie right now! 50 years after the separation from the persona ziggy stardust. Crazy!

Shanti

Yes rounded birthtimes are not fun for us astrologers.:)
But my 8th house sun, mercury and jupiter enjoys to try to get a sense of it by using
various methods to check it out and try to narrow down a more correct birthtime.

Lilly used the nodes in this example by looking at the direction of south node to Moon in 8th house