Sun Pluto opposition

mahie

i have got sun/mercury in fourth house & pluto in tenth house. im pluto/saturn dominant. im capricorn rising. please tell me what does this mean?

mahie

sure! ive got more oppositions too but this is the strongest & with sun and pluto involved, its power must be is unavoidable. insights are really appreciated :)

Attachments

• astro_w2at_01_mj_hp.jpg.gif
    astro_w2at_01_mj_hp.jpg.gif
    63 KB · Views: 57

mahie

Did anyone experience it? or has this aspect in the natal chart? Looking at this opposition it seems to imply the legendary light vs dark, the good vs evil aspect in the chart..

Like me, people with this aspect will need to balance and accept their bad (or good) sides or situations. But is that it?

waybread

Planets opposite one's sun tend to be experienced as "not me." Consequently, people with oppositions to their sun tend to deny these opposing planets' unfavourable qualities in their lives. Unfortunately, sun-Pluto has to be experienced in one way or another, so you may simply attract Plutonian types of people into your life. You may dislike dominating, ruthless people who come into your life, and believe that their Plutonian qualities are absent from your own personality. They are not absent, just transferred to other people.

This process usually starts with one's father. Sun-opposite-Pluto people often have (or had) a dysfunctional relationship with their father.

This is perhaps not entirely bad, as you probably had to learn to stand up for yourself at a very early age.

Silversong

Hello, I also have Sun opposite Pluto, and when I look at your chart, Mahie, we have them in the same signs! :biggrin: I also haven't that much of an idea of how it affects me.

Hi, Waybread, when you mention Plutonian qualities, I think of it as having a powerful presence and being able to take control. And while I don't see those qualities in myself, it's not necessarily because I don't want them. I think it's good to be able to take charge when you need to, but at the same time I am kind of responsibility avoidant... :lol:

I have some more questions about how I am supposed to balance the energies of my Sun and Pluto but, Mahie, please tell me if you would rather me not get too in depth about stuff on your thread! :)

mahie

Hey Silversong! Id rather you let it all out!! :) glad to know we share the same signs :)

This process usually starts with one's father. Sun-opposite-Pluto people often have (or had) a dysfunctional relationship with their father.

Thanks for this amazing insight Waybread! you really hit the red-eye when you mentioned having troubled relationship with dad.. My dad has always been dominating & overbearing to me.. He is a scorpio with aries rising & overactive mars! no wonder -.- i still try and avoid him most of the time.

You may dislike dominating, ruthless people who come into your life, and believe that their Plutonian qualities are absent from your own personality. They are not absent, just transferred to other people.

Cafeastrology.com says people with this opposition 'attracts' dominatiing, jealous, ruthless people in their lives & This seems so accurate for me!

What houses are your sun & pluto in Silversong? :)

mahie

Hey Silversong! Id rather you let it all out!! :) glad to know we share the same signs :)

Thanks for this amazing insight Waybread! you really hit the red-eye when you mentioned having troubled relationship with dad.. My dad has always been dominating & overbearing to me.. He is a scorpio with aries rising & overactive mars! no wonder -.- i still try and avoid him most of the time.

You may dislike dominating, ruthless people who come into your life, and believe that their Plutonian qualities are absent from your own personality. They are not absent, just transferred to other people.

Cafeastrology.com says people with this opposition 'attracts' dominatiing, jealous, ruthless people in their lives & This seems so accurate for me!

What houses are your sun & pluto in Silversong? :)

fullmoonlibra

With the opposition to an outer planet, it's even more possible that you will have to deal with plutonian energy in contact with others. Because everyone around your age has his pluto opposed to your sun.
That's the same problem I have.. And their Pluto will always be conjunct my SN (although my own Pluto doesn't conjunct SN).

waybread

I'm not sure what you mean, here, fullmoonlibra, as Pluto stays in one place for a long time, but the other planets & sensitive points move around a lot faster.

What we can point to are a lot of boomer Aquarians with sun-Leo oppositions, a lot of Pisces suns with the Pluto in Virgo oppositions, Aries suns coping with oppositions to Pluto in Libra, and so on through the generations.

If I read you correctly, you are looking at synastry (as in his Pluto opposite her sun.) But these aspects would be so common in the general population that it is hard to say how they would single out individuals with special sun-Pluto problems.

Last edited:

fullmoonlibra

I mean that if you are sun opp pluto person, then you are more likely to meet people around your age who have their pluto opposed to your sun too.

Vista

Planets opposite one's sun tend to be experienced as "not me." Consequently, people with oppositions to their sun tend to deny these opposing planets' unfavourable qualities in their lives. Unfortunately, sun-Pluto has to be experienced in one way or another, so you may simply attract Plutonian types of people into your life. You may dislike dominating, ruthless people who come into your life, and believe that their Plutonian qualities are absent from your own personality. They are not absent, just transferred to other people.

This is perhaps not entirely bad, as you probably had to learn to stand up for yourself at a very early age.

Would relationship issues with the father apply with the square and conjunction as well? Funny, my friend she has Sun Pluto Venus conjunction natally with Scorpio rising. I was just looking at this configuration yesterday. Her dad left when she was young and she had mostly a telephone relationship with him. She can be very ruthless with men and can attract dominating, ruthless men into her life who get obsessed with her. She's very beautiful too as you could probably guess with the above combination.

waybread

Ah, got it, full moon Libra-- but then wouldn't this include millions of people? If I think of the typical high school class cohort, everyone born with the opposition (and can we allow a 10-degree orb, or a full 20 degrees around the exact opposition?) would know a fair number of people with this synastry relationship. Of course, some people are paranoid, easily victimized, "black sheep", and so on; but I was born with a sun-Pluto opposition, so virtually everyone in my high school or college class would have Pluto opposite my sun.

Vista, I've been thinking a bit about Pluto, with the Uranus square Pluto transit currently in force. I really think Pluto has a lot to do with domination, in a "dominate or be dominated" way. Pluto isn't about making nice, getting along, compromising, or give-and-take. So I am not surprised by your friend's experience!

I did once know two Plutonians who were a stable married couple. Somehow they seemed to understand and admire one-another's profound intensity. I suspect they were able to channel their Plutonian energy outside the relationship. Interestingly, both were university administrators, so they got to register their personal power on the people they supervised. But in a constructive, collegial sort of way.

Silversong

Thanks, Mahie! :smile:

Does this aspect relate to Dad issues because of the Sun symbolizing the father and Pluto symbolizing one's personal power? It was like that for me, but I don't think I learned to stand up for myself. Does that mean that I hadn't even really accessed my Pluto energy yet? What happens with people with this aspect who don't learn to toughen up when they're young?

Actually, Mahie, I don't know since I don't know my Rising sign yet, but I am on my way to figuring it out.
My Dad has a Scorpio sun too, and could be tough and authoritarian, but I still get along with him sometimes.

I'm not sure, does having a Sun-Pluto opposition make me Plutonian? Since there are so many people with this aspect in each generation, does that make it less important to my personal growth? I thought that it would still be important since the sun's involved. :unsure:

I'll put my chart up also.

Last edited:

mahie

whoa Waybread, fullmoonlibra, you mean that people with this aspect are more prone to being dominated? especially when we are more connected to people our age?

does having a Sun-Pluto opposition make me Plutonian?
I dont know Silversong.. but i think it makes you a plutonian magnet! like fullmoonlibra said we'd have sun opposite to almost everyone else's pluto who's our age :)

But the house in which pluto & sun reside would matter too right? If my pluto-sun is in 10th-4th respectively.. which house would bear the most?

Silversong, Waybread i think my father issues are related more to my pluto being in the 10th house. I dont know how but it seems like it is. I almost cried when i read its interpretation by Ginger Chalford on this link,

http://www.scribd.com/doc/54383508/10/Natal-Pluto-in-10th-House

but here instead of a dominant mom i have dad! so maybe.. & with this opposition does it make it more worse?

waybread

Silversong, I think this process takes time. No, I can't say I completely learned this lesson in childhood-- it's been a long process, sharpened by transits of Pluto to my natal sun. Also, your moon in Pisces may give you a more adaptive nature than I have.

Right now, I am trying to distinguish between battles worth fighting on objective grounds, and those that are mere battles of egos over relatively trivial matters.

It is important to recognize that we are all of the planets in our chart-- including Pluto.

I tended to see Pluto as Dad, and the sun as Me; but then the sun is a traditional symbol of the father.

Silversong

I dont know Silversong.. but i think it makes you a plutonian magnet! like fullmoonlibra said we'd have sun opposite to almost everyone else's pluto who's our age :)

:cool: I'm cool with that. Thanks!

Oh... That makes sense, Waybread. I'll go and look over Pluto transits I've had.
It would make more sense for me to identify myself by my Sun since it's supposed to symbolize my 'core self'. I kind of just took the sun=father idea for granted... I am still pretty new to astrology- and all of it's layers- and I kind of tend to absorb some ideas like that. But yea, I still have trouble identifying with all of my planets since I'm still learning how they work for me. :smile: