Do I have potential for success in my career?

KingTaurus

Hello everyone. I want to become a Social Worker, and I'm confident I can do well. However, I want to know if astrological factors will make this easy. I want to advance to a high position. I'd also be interested to hear about other potential careers that I'd be well suited to. This is off the question a bit, but what planet is strongest and why?

astro_w2at_01_hi_hp_3549_5149.gif

Inconjunct

Humanitarian Aquarius on the MC, its ruler Saturn also in the 10th - yes, success in this field is possible but likely to require disciplined effort. Mercury in Taurus suggests determination and perseverance in study - social work requires a degree, so your habits of mind may be well suited to the long slog of a three year qualification.

Strongest planet is something that is assessed in various ways. Modern astrology sees the ruler of the Ascendant as the chart ruler and therefore strong - in your case, this is Mercury. Also, the "leading" planet, or the first over the horizon is sometimes judged to be strong - in this case the Moon. Classical astrology uses a system of dignities and debilities to decide which planet is strongest, which I'm not totally familiar with so can't tell you about that. However, one element of that hanhas survived into modern astrology is the notion of exaltations and Venus is exalted in Pisces in your chart, therefore could be said to be strong also. Finally, any planet in its own sign - like Jupiter in Sagittarius here - is strong and in your chart is also final dispositor and also, therefore, strengthened

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domicile_(astrology)#Dispositors

Last edited:

gen6k

Cap stellium in the 8th (structural psychology)

Pluto and Jupiter in the 6th (psych, philosophy) in daily work, routine, health, service

Jupiter sextile Mars in 3rd (abundant drive towards communications with 6th)

Then the Sun and Mercury throw a curve ball there in the 11th to the 3rd and 8th...

Then venus also from the 11th to the 6th.

Well this gives you problems with ideals, goals, wishes, open friends, humanitarian organizations in a certain fashion, so I think eventually you could get tired or incompatible with a certain organization. It could also mean that you do this in a "perverse" fashion.

I don't know I would definetly say that is somewhat your purview though. You definetly need to learn how to control the mercury at least..

Last edited:

KingTaurus

Humanitarian Aquarius on the MC, its ruler Saturn also in the 10th - yes, success in this field is possible but likely to require disciplined effort. Mercury in Taurus suggests determination and perseverance in study - social work requires a degree, so your habits of mind may be well suited to the long slog of a three year qualification.

Strongest planet is something that is assessed in various ways. Modern astrology sees the ruler of the Ascendant as the chart ruler and therefore strong - in your case, this is Mercury. Also, the "leading" planet, or the first over the horizon is sometimes judged to be strong - in this case the Moon. Classical astrology uses a system of dignities and debilities to decide which planet is strongest, which I'm not totally familiar with so can't tell you about that. However, one element of that hanhas survived into modern astrology is the notion of exaltations and Venus is exalted in Pisces in your chart, therefore could be said to be strong also. Finally, any planet in its own sign - like Jupiter in Sagittarius here - is strong and in your chart is also final dispositor and also, therefore, strengthened

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domicile_(astrology)#Dispositors

Thank you! I've looked at final depositors before... and don't understand them too well... I've heard I don't actually have one? Can I ask why you say Jupiter is... because it really is, I'm glad!

KingTaurus

Cap stellium in the 8th (structural psychology)

Pluto and Jupiter in the 6th (psych, philosophy) in daily work, routine, health, service

Jupiter sextile Mars in 3rd (abundant drive towards communications with 6th)

Then the Sun and Mercury throw a curve ball there in the 11th to the 3rd and 8th...

Then venus also from the 11th to the 6th.

Well this gives you problems with ideals, goals, wishes, open friends, humanitarian organizations in a certain fashion, so I think eventually you could get tired or incompatible with a certain organization. It could also mean that you do this in a "perverse" fashion.

I don't know I would definetly say that is somewhat your purview though. You definetly need to learn how to control the mercury at least..

Well, thank you for the reply! Sounds a bit like me... lol... I have a strong desire to do things my way... and therefore would like to be high up in my field:p

Inconjunct

Using traditional rulerships puts Jupiter as your final dispositor. Some modern astrologers have Neptune down as the sole ruler of Pisces, which means some may say you have no FD.

astro11

I can definitely see the interest in and proclivity to succeed in social work in your chart.

First, you have an Aquarian MC which gives you a talent for dealing with people from all walks of life as well as a tendency towards humanitarian careers. You will enjoy dealing with groups of people and society at large. The Sun and Venus are in the 11th house (Aquarius has a natural affinity with this house) so it strengthens this tendency.

Second, the ruler of your tenth is Saturn which is in Pisces (gives you compassion and empathy for the underdog and desire to help them). Saturn is just one degree from the 11th house (planets near cusps have more strength than planets in the houses generally) which again shows the humanitarian interest, the desire to impact groups of people and society at large. Saturn makes an exact trine with the moon, which will enhance your popularity and ability to relate to people. Saturn makes an exact opposition to chiron which is an extremely strong indicator that your career must involve the themes of wounding, fears based in childhood, and rejection but also the healing of those wounds and personal growth. This is perfect for a social worker who must deal with very heavy problems in families and societies.

Third, Mars is 4 degrees from making an opposition to your MC. Here is where your ambition to rise to the top of your career and do things your own way come in. Mars gives you the determination, ambition, stamina and energy to fight to reach your goals. Mars here can also represent your fight to help people in need by championing their rights, you can become a vocal spokesperson for a cause that is dear to your heart.

Samantha Samuels
www.astronumerologywisdom.com

KingTaurus

I can definitely see the interest in and proclivity to succeed in social work in your chart.

First, you have an Aquarian MC which gives you a talent for dealing with people from all walks of life as well as a tendency towards humanitarian careers. You will enjoy dealing with groups of people and society at large. The Sun and Venus are in the 11th house (Aquarius has a natural affinity with this house) so it strengthens this tendency.

Second, the ruler of your tenth is Saturn which is in Pisces (gives you compassion and empathy for the underdog and desire to help them). Saturn is just one degree from the 11th house (planets near cusps have more strength than planets in the houses generally) which again shows the humanitarian interest, the desire to impact groups of people and society at large. Saturn makes an exact trine with the moon, which will enhance your popularity and ability to relate to people. Saturn makes an exact opposition to chiron which is an extremely strong indicator that your career must involve the themes of wounding, fears based in childhood, and rejection but also the healing of those wounds and personal growth. This is perfect for a social worker who must deal with very heavy problems in families and societies.

Third, Mars is 4 degrees from making an opposition to your MC. Here is where your ambition to rise to the top of your career and do things your own way come in. Mars gives you the determination, ambition, stamina and energy to fight to reach your goals. Mars here can also represent your fight to help people in need by championing their rights, you can become a vocal spokesperson for a cause that is dear to your heart.

Samantha Samuels
www.astronumerologywisdom.com

This seems promising. Thank you very much for taking your time to write it all. It was very detailed and informative. I appreciate that very much:) x