Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Traditional Astrology

Traditional Astrology For discussions on Traditional Astrology only. (Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras. In general, it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction) though there may be some exceptions, and always excludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) as well as any asteroids. The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretation and more on prediction. Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.)

Unread 09-19-2017, 10:13 PM

Smile Virgo & Pisces. Critical service vs lackadaisical self sacrificing.

I'd like to start an interesting discussion on the opposition of Pisces and Virgo within astrology and the world itself.

What are your thoughts on these two parallels? How do they conflict and/or benefit one another? Mention your own experiences of this if you like through personal relationships and so fourth.

My opening input on this matter would be due to the fact I'm a Pisces sun,Mercury,mars and Saturn with Virgo rising I somewhat feel the conflicting aspects within myself and how I am as a person and how I live. My deepest self is extremely sensitive and caring to every other being, not to say that Virgo isn't but I seem to have a rougher exterior of how I come across without realising it; I can be painfully critical and judgemental of others and at times not take criticism well at all. It's almost like much of the time the Virgo ascendant somehow bashes against all of the Pisces within me and especially if I'm with others it seems as though Im prone to shutting off my emotions and higher benevolent nature.

I'd like to know about any of you with similar charts and experiences or simply what you think of this and how it transcends into life and everyday experiences.

Having quite a bit of Capricorn in me does lighten things up with the whole "shut up and get on with it" mentality, but saying that, almost every aspect of my chart except for natal Venus Taurus and Uranus Aquarius is debilitated and in harsh arrangement. Don't get me wrong btw, I'm totally aware how this doesn't completely control ones life and inner self and much comes down to free will etc but there's also a large role to play regarding it. I find with debilitating aspects mood swings can be more prevalent and seem heightened...I.e really low and depressed or really high and ecstatic...not sure of any clear truth regarding that but it's one of my perspectives on it...particularly with moon in Capricorn and Mercury in Pisces.

Sorry if this was a bit too lengthy but thank you for reading and taking part, look forward to hearing from y'all and getting a discussion on the go.

Love and light.

Namaste

Peace fellow Starlovers.
Attached Images
File Type: gif IMG_0212.GIF (48.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpeg 332F43C8-847B-4588-92A8-F920E9928522-182-000000AA8AB558BD.jpeg (16.8 KB, 4 views)

Unread 09-19-2017, 11:39 PM

Re: Virgo & Pisces. Critical service vs lackadaisical self sacrificing.

These aren't traditional concepts. You'd be better served posting this in the natal astrology forum.
Unread 09-20-2017, 01:08 PM

Re: Virgo & Pisces. Critical service vs lackadaisical self sacrificing.

I figured that but this was the only place where I was able to create a thread for some reason, wasn't able to do it elsewhere......not sure why but that's the answer to that.

Excuse me for not being so traditional my king.

Tags
conflict, critical, debilitated, lackadaisical, opposition, pisces, sacrificing, service, virgo